Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
284LUVR Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Fed-Ex is telling me that there's bad weather at and around my home location and refuses to bring the package to the house.

Nine freaking phone calls to them with the tracking number as well as an alternate delivery address and still no package.

A two year old on a tricycle could make it back here.

Anybody else experience this ?

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Both Fedex and UPS have been turning everything around here to the post office for delivery. We haven't had any snow in 2 months and it's been well above freezing every day for months. I can get my stuff on time by driving 4 miles to the PO or I can wait an extra day. It depends on how bad I need it.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
284LUVR Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Odd that US mail is running just fine but Fed Ex says that our home is smack dab in the middle of a new ice age.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Brown truck drives by my house twice a day rain or snow or ice or blizzard. Screw FedEx, I don't and won't use them.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I have had the same trouble with both UPS and USPS on late delivery

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
IC B2

284LUVR Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MissouriEd
Brown truck drives by my house twice a day rain or snow or ice or blizzard.

Brown trucks are saying the same thing.

LA freeway has more snow on it than our roads.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Brown truck came to my house but wouldn't proceed up the driveway, which I keep professionally plowed.

I told them to hold at their location and I'd pick it up. It was a piece of expensive electronic gear. I'm going to take the same tactic with FedEx, hold for pickup.

Keep your gun-hand ready and your eyes peeled.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
The problem I've found with FedEx home delivery is most are contractors with little or no control over them. I've had far more problems with FedEx home delivery than UPS & USPS combined.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I get both fed x and brown here pretty frequently because my business is on my home property. I get mostly brown, I'd say 80% is UPS, 10% USPS and 10% fedx.

Fed X is the only one I've ever had stuck in my driveway, I can think of 3 different times I have hooked onto a fed X truck with my truck and pulled them out because they have driven off of the clean plowed driveway and stuck themselves in the plowing berm off to the sides of the driveway. Not once have they been stuck because the driveway wasn't plowed, they just can't drive.

Something clever here.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Fed X just flat lies about "attempts" to deliver to my house... I fired their sorry asses years ago.

Please don't feed the trolls!
IC B3

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
When fed x does show up at my place, I have packages addressed to "shaw classic auto works" and there is a big building on the property with a big sign on the front that says exactly that.

What does fed x do?

The drop the package at the house. You can see the shop, it's right F'ing there! USPS comes there, UPS comes there, I get the packages where I need them. fed x be like... "maybe if i put this box of paint up by the house he wont see me and this chit will freeze... now if i can just get out his driveway without getting stuck again....."

Something clever here.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Our UPS guys that are assigned the rural route drive 4WD F250's.

They don't fugg around.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Wife had a package that Fedex said was out for delivery yesterday morning at 7AM. At 7:30 PM she called because they wouldn't deliver because of weather. The Dallas area had sunshine and dry roads which included their warehouse and our house. The first 3 calls hung up on her after giving all the information. The 4th call worked because she had a person in Idaho instead of the first 3 outsourced calls. After a bit the lady apologized and said they would deliver the next day. It was after 8PM and the couldn't do anything. At 9:15PM the driver showed up with the package. We have no trouble with UPS or USPS.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I haven't had any trouble here this winter with either fedex or ups and they have to open a gate and then my driveway is .6 of a mile of gravel.

But they do have my heeler figured out. A few dog biscuits and she sell us right down the river. The delivery trucks are the only vehicles that aren't mine that she doesn't bark at.

V
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
V
I had a UPS package that was due for delivery this past Tuesday got hung up in Dallas on Monday because of snow and ice. I don't understand why a company that is in the business of delivering stuff can't handle a little ice and snow (even in Texas). I got the package yesterday.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Earlier this week I had a package delivered just a day later than the quoted delivery date. UPS tracking showed it was held up due to weather related delay at a hub in Lexington, Ky. Not a big deal nor unexpected considering recent snow/ice covering much of KY.

Biggest difference between permanent full-time UPS and FedEx route drivers around my area is UPS drivers belong to the Teamsters Union and average more years working for UPS in other capacities before they become full time route drivers compared to the average FedEx drivers.

Most all UPS delivery trucks I used to see had standard transmissions and no A/C whereas most FedEx trucks had automatic transmissions and A/C.

Usually the FedEx Ground trucks and delivery routes were owned, operated and maintained by the drivers themselves with some owning two or more trucks and routes and hire drivers for those.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 10ring1, 1234, 70 invisible), 2,393 guests, and 1,386 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,164
Posts18,484,441
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.