Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GunGeek
Originally Posted by 4ager
So, prosecute them under an anti-trust suit and keep the additional .gov control and regulation out of it.

Another power grab, another set of taxes and fees, and more .gov control of what is said, how, where, when, and why we do NOT need.

There are laws in place to fix this one identified problem without what is being proposed.
Understand that Anti-Trust is only part of the problem. And how long does it take to prosecute anti-trust? In the time it takes to prosecute they could do huge harm to capitalism over the internet.

We could have just broken up the ISP's and passed a regulation that said that an ISP cannot also provide content. I would have been okay with that. But we all know that wasn't going to happen, because neither the democrats or the republicans were even talking about it.

I'd trust that a lot more than a backroom, secret committee coming up with rules that govern all of us.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Imagine the garden hose contains bandwidth

[Linked Image]

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
If obama and the left are super excited about this, how is the hair on the back of your neck NOT standing up?
Well generally I'd have to surrender to that point, and that's a good point.

It's not standing up because Obama and the liberals didn't pass a new law, it's an application of an existing law that has worked very well since 1934. So Obama didn't get is dirty fingers on a law.

I'm telling you, this could have happened in a way that was SO ugly. I'm really shocked they didn't seek a new law, because that would have been the prime opportunity for the democrats to make a big power and money grab, far beyond any new taxation that they may or may not get under this regulation.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Unconstitutional Kevin flipflop ...pure and simple.

Last edited by eh76; 02/27/15.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 4ager
I'd trust that a lot more than a backroom, secret committee coming up with rules that govern all of us.

There is no back room secret committe, you can read the 1934 Communications Act Title II law for yourself. Hell, we've lived it our whole lives.

IC B2

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
http://consumerist.com/2015/02/24/these-2-charts-from-comcast-show-why-net-neutrality-is-vital/

The 2010 neutrality rules — which Comcast, as a condition of its merger with NBC, has promised to abide by through 2018 — forbade blocking, throttling, or prioritizing content. In early 2014, a federal appeals court sided with Verizon and gutted those rules, finding that the FCC didn’t have authority to regulate broadband because of the way it had previously been defined by the Commission.
And so Wheeler’s proposal seeks to reinstate those rules by reclassifying broadband as the vital piece of infrastructure it has become in the last decade.

Scaremongering opponents of neutrality claim it will hurt innovation or create government-run networks. But they gloss over the fact that neutrality rules existed for four years during which telecom and broadband companies spent an unprecedented amount of money developing new technologies.

And reclassification does not in any way turn broadband over to the government; nor will there be any new taxes because the Internet Tax Freedom Act bans state and local taxes on broadband access, regardless of the FCC’s classification of the service.

Net neutrality is about nothing more than keeping Comcast, Verizon and the rest of them from extorting money from consumers and content providers just because they control the Internet off-ramps.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I'm telling you guys, this was the best case scenario.

If we did nothing or accept what was proposed by the ISP's, then capitalism is gone on the internet, and so was free speech.

If we turned it over to congress, we probably would have got net neutrality, but it would have be with 10,000 pages of bullsheitt and pork.

This was the best deal we could have hoped for, and I'm shocked we even got this.

GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by NeBassman
http://consumerist.com/2015/02/24/these-2-charts-from-comcast-show-why-net-neutrality-is-vital/

The 2010 neutrality rules — which Comcast, as a condition of its merger with NBC, has promised to abide by through 2018 — forbade blocking, throttling, or prioritizing content. In early 2014, a federal appeals court sided with Verizon and gutted those rules, finding that the FCC didn’t have authority to regulate broadband because of the way it had previously been defined by the Commission.
And so Wheeler’s proposal seeks to reinstate those rules by reclassifying broadband as the vital piece of infrastructure it has become in the last decade.

Scaremongering opponents of neutrality claim it will hurt innovation or create government-run networks. But they gloss over the fact that neutrality rules existed for four years during which telecom and broadband companies spent an unprecedented amount of money developing new technologies.

And reclassification does not in any way turn broadband over to the government; nor will there be any new taxes because the Internet Tax Freedom Act bans state and local taxes on broadband access, regardless of the FCC’s classification of the service.

Net neutrality is about nothing more than keeping Comcast, Verizon and the rest of them from extorting money from consumers and content providers just because they control the Internet off-ramps.

Dood, you're WAY better at this than I am. They won't listen to anything I say, even if it's right...and that's admittedly because I'm an arse-hole.

Last edited by GunGeek; 02/27/15.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Who wanted to take the offramp? We haven't heard from those invisible entities.

MOLON LABE

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
What if you *wanted* to pay extra to get your Netflix movies faster?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B3

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ironbender

you mean what if you wanted to exercise your right to spend your own money on the benefits of a private enterprise?

Please report for reconditioning....

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Yeah, that.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Dood, you're WAY better at this than I am. They won't listen to anything I say, even if it's right...and that's admittedly because I'm an arse-hole.

Might as well give it up, Kevin. The anarchists here will never accept that any regulation is ever a good thing. They all seem set on overlooking the history of unbridled capitalism.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Anybody who thinks getting the government involved is going to help anything at any level....I have some ocean front property in AZ to sell you - cheap.

Otto is my co-pilot.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by NathanL
Anybody who thinks getting the government involved is going to help anything at any level....I have some ocean front property in AZ to sell you - cheap.

See what I mean?

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by watch4bear

Who wanted to take the offramp? We haven't heard from those invisible entities.
Really? That's what you add to this conversation. Do you really think those entities haven't weighed in on this issue?

On 23 April 2014, in a press statement, the Federal Communications Commission announced their new proposed rules which would allow Broadband Internet service providers, such as Comcast and Verizon, the "right to build special lanes" with faster connection speeds for companies, such as Netflix, Disney or Google, willing to pay a higher price.

See bold:

Now you don't think the FCC proposed that out of the kindness of their own heart do you? You don't think perhaps they had some lobbying efforts that could have prompted that?

THEY were the one's who prompted the whole issue. They wanted the ability to practice anti-trust legally.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by FreeMe

Might as well give it up, Kevin. The anarchists here will never accept that any regulation is ever a good thing. They all seem set on overlooking the history of unbridled capitalism.

Well if you think regulation is such a good thing why are you on 24hr when you would be much happier on Graybeard outdoors what with all his great regulation you would fit right in.

GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ironbender
The point is, you shouldn't HAVE to. Everyone should already have the same speed. But the ISP's specifically degraded the speed of Netflix because they created competing services.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Do you really think those entities haven't weighed in on this issue?

Furnish some links and then you'll be able to drop the rhetoric.

MOLON LABE

GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FreeMe
Oh I don't expect to win anything, I do this for fun. I just love to see these guy's heads explode when someone actually thinks for themselves. With a small few exceptions, these guys arguing the other side have never had an original thought in their lives. They only know what the talking head tell them. They are NO different from the liberals they constantly criticize. Little unthinking drones. Just how the two parties like their followers.

Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (160user, 1234, 1minute, 1eyedmule, 10ring1, 1badf350, 52 invisible), 2,267 guests, and 1,245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,413
Posts18,507,142
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.