Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Just curious, how many campfire members bothered to send the FCC a note during the comment period on net neutrality?

FYI, the FCC received 4 million comments from Americans on the issue of net neutrality. I know that sites like reddit had members push for sending in comments to rule the way they did, tech savvy young folks overwhelmingly like what the FCC did.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that the BATFE receives just as many comments opposing the rule change on M885 ammo.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
the FCC received 4 million comments from Americans on the issue of net neutrality

Thats what the FCC said. I know you aren't that gullible whistle

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by NeBassman
tech savvy young folks overwhelmingly like what the FCC did.

I bet they overwhelmingly voted for obama as well.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MadMooner
There already were laws and regulations in place.
And how were they working? They weren't. ISP's were censoring, and degrading bandwidth to extort money.

Companies who were in negotiations with these ISP's suddenly had big drops in bandwidth during negotiations, but when the contract was inked, suddenly their bandwidth increased.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Well, Obama did send reddit a personal thank you note on the issue of net neutrality. The "squeaky wheel gets greased".

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...-thanks-for-your-help-on-net-neutrality/

http://www.redditblog.com/2015/02/thank-you-reddit-your-efforts-led-to.html

[Linked Image]

Last edited by NeBassman; 02/27/15.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by GunGeek
Originally Posted by RickyD
I'm not going to screw free speech and capitalism over the internet on the off chance that Soros might be up to no good.
There is no such thing as a 190 million off chance. The only interest zero and soros have in free speech and capitalism is the suppression and destruction of both. You cut off your nose to spite your face. There is nothing objective about that.

Okay let's use YOUR analogy. Because Obama's for it, I'll give the internet over to ISP's and allow them to determine who gets good bandwidth and who doesn't, and allow them to decide what can and cannot be on the internet.
It's not an analogy. It's a historical statement of fact.

As for your contentions regarding the evil ISP's, isn't that what free markets do, and let their actions be rewarded or punished by the marketplace? Get government involved and they will serve up agenda laden nonsense,create huge mindless bureaucracies, and tax the public for the opportunity to suppress them.

We're just talking past each other. Have a nice day and weekend.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Laughin' my ass off...

Oh I don't expect to win anything, I do this for fun. I just love to see these guy's heads explode when someone actually thinks for themselves.

Statements like that are the tip off that you don't even understand the issue.

If Obama's for it, it must be bad and you're against it. That's the height of ignorance.

Either it's unbridled hate just because Obama said he was for it. Or you clearly just don't understand the issue. I say it's both.

but when you make such a statement you clearly, fundamentally don't understand what was at stake.

But do yourself a favor, don't take the word of some conservative talking head. THINK FOR YOURSELF.

Just more evidence you just can't be bothered with thinking for yourself.

You know Sam, I never took you for the kind of guy who would abdicate his right to think for himself.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
So it took them 300+ pages to apply established law to the internet? You sure about the "no new taxes/laws/etc"?

I don't know what the 300 pages were, but

Where have we heard this before...............oh yea, "We have to pass it to see what's in it"

That worked out well didn't it?

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by deflave
Hmmm.... A Gibson thread.

Haven't read a word but lemme guess? Obama's balls are being licked, and we're all stupid?

Travis

Damn! you are the man Clark!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
You too sir, hope it's not ballz-azz cold this weekend where you are. We have a system moving in tonight, kills my dirt bike riding for tomorrow.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Laughin' my ass off...

Oh I don't expect to win anything, I do this for fun. I just love to see these guy's heads explode when someone actually thinks for themselves.

Statements like that are the tip off that you don't even understand the issue.

If Obama's for it, it must be bad and you're against it. That's the height of ignorance.

Either it's unbridled hate just because Obama said he was for it. Or you clearly just don't understand the issue. I say it's both.

but when you make such a statement you clearly, fundamentally don't understand what was at stake.

But do yourself a favor, don't take the word of some conservative talking head. THINK FOR YOURSELF.

Just more evidence you just can't be bothered with thinking for yourself.

You know Sam, I never took you for the kind of guy who would abdicate his right to think for himself.

What Gibson is REALLY saying is that WE, on our own, are not smart enough to see how stupid HE is.

Somebody else must have tipped us off.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
You too sir, hope it's not ballz-azz cold this weekend where you are. We have a system moving in tonight, kills my dirt bike riding for tomorrow.
7 below this morning. Supposed to be a balmy 34 tomorrow. That's Iowa for me.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

The internet is the one of the last bastions of freedom in the world.

No - it ain't a bastion of freedom. You've just been fooled into thinking it is.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Originally Posted by FreeMe
Originally Posted by atomchaser
I don't have the patience to read the whole thread but isn't it largely private investment that build the internet? The ISPs have spent huge amounts of money running cable, fiber optics, putting in switching centers, etc. If you don't like their terms, offer a competing service. I can accept the government having some say over the airwaves since there is limited bandwith and I can buy that it belongs to public, but a piece of cable that Comcast ran from their switching center to my house on their own dime? I don't get it.

And they did this using public ROW and (forced) easements on private property. Guess there should be no restrictions on that, eh?

There are already are restrictions in place.

Obviously - you completely missed my point. Sorry - no time to 'splain it to ya right now.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Just curious, how many campfire members bothered to send the FCC a note during the comment period on net neutrality?

I did. I said I was against it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So because Obama lied before, you refuse to even look into this issue. If Obama's for it, it must be bad and you're against it. That's the height of ignorance.

Obama is an habitual liar yet you chose to believe him on net neutrality?

Net neutrality = Govt. Internet control and should be named as such, is an attack on the 1st amendment. The first thing done when we started Desert Storm? Knock out enemy communication.

The ATF = Govt gun control, an attack on the 2nd Amendment.

Both attacks on Rights Guaranteed by the US Constitution.

There are attacks on other amendments but I don't have to list them individually to an intellectual such as yourself.

g

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by curdog4570

What Gibson is REALLY saying is that WE, on our own, are not smart enough to see how stupid HE is.

Somebody else must have tipped us off.

Kev is really channeling his inner Marie Harf.

It's all "too nuanced" for us.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
flipflop will stomp his feet and have his tantrum until someone agrees with him....it is going to be a long thread laugh

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

I did. I said I was against it.

As did I.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Net_neutrality_law#Proposed_2014_US_FCC_policy

[quote]Proposed 2014 US FCC policy

On 19 February 2014 the FCC announced plans to formulate new rules to enforce net neutrality while complying with the court rulings.[55] On 23 April 2014, in a press statement, the Federal Communications Commission announced their new proposed rules which would allow Broadband Internet service providers, such as Comcast and Verizon, the "right to build special lanes" with faster connection speeds for companies, such as Netflix, Disney or Google, willing to pay a higher price. Their customers would have preferential access.[3][4][56][57] On 15 May the FCC launched a public comment period on how FCC rulemaking could best protect and promote an open Internet,[58] garnering over one million responses—the most the FCC had ever received for rulemaking.[59]

The new proposed rules have received heavy criticisms, with many claiming they are ruining the internet. Opponents of the rules declared September 10, 2014 to be the "Internet Slowdown". On it, participating websites were purposely slowed down to show what they feel would happen if the new rules took effect. Websites that participated in the Internet Slowdown include: Netflix, Reddit, Tumblr, Twitter, Vimeo and Kickstarter.[60][61][62][63][64][65][66]

On 26 February 2015, the FCC ruled in favor of net neutrality by reclassifying broadband access as a telecommunications service and thus applying Title II (common carrier) of the Communications Act of 1934 to internet service providers.[11][67][68][69]

And you say no new laws were passed? WTF do you think this FCC Rule making is?

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 1eyedmule, 160user, 1234, 10ring1, 57 invisible), 2,269 guests, and 1,263 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,415
Posts18,507,197
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.