Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by ringworm
For the record...
The point I was making is this...
A seatbelt infraction exist for the sole purpose of extracting revenue.
It is not, in any way, shape, or for meant to change behavior or save lives.
In fact the NTSB can only show a 50/50 chance on being injured with (or without) a seatbelt being in use.
So if its a coin flip how do they justify making a law requiring it?
At the same time what are the injury rates for motorcycle accidents?
In my state I can be pulled over by a bike cop for not wearing a seatbelt in a truck with 4 airbags while carrying people in the truck bed.
That's fkin ridiculous.

The anti-vacer thinks seat belts don't save lives.

What a surprise. crazy

So what if they do save lives? It's my life to risk. Gov't needs to stay out of my business.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
For the cop haters whining that police enforce speeding laws without fail here is your glass of STFU.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Originally Posted by W7ACT

Aah men to that!!!! I've found over the years that 99.9% of the time it all depends on the attitude you take when you have that discussion with the officer as to whether you get a ticket or a warning. Been there, done that and have walked away without the ticket all because of my attitude toward the officer.

Ass kissing only works with EXACTLY the kind of person who has no business with a badge.

No "ASS KISSING" here, just dealing with the situation at hand as I'm generally guilty of committing the offense in question. There is no need to be offensive to the officer, he's just doing his job, so why should I complicate the situation.

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Aah men to that!!!! I've found over the years that 99.9% of the time it all depends on the attitude you take when you have that discussion with the officer as to whether you get a ticket or a warning. Been there, done that and have walked away without the ticket all because of my attitude toward the officer.

Ass kissing only works with EXACTLY the kind of person who has no business with a badge.

No "ASS KISSING" here, just dealing with the situation at hand as I'm generally guilty of committing the offense in question. There is no need to be offensive to the officer, he's just doing his job, so why should I complicate the situation.

I am like you and address them as my Liege. I even point out "my" is in lower case and "Liege" has the L capitalized as things should be, just like you do.

It isn't ass kissing when you think of them as you and I do.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

She could have had an RPG in that bag. It is fine to MMQB the civilian, but never the officer.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Don't you believe that SOME news reports contain enough evidence to condemn a particular Policeman's actions?

Aren't there instances where there could be NO justification for the actions of Law Enforcement?

I don't doubt that, but as a whole today, even our local little rag, they look for sensationalism. That leaves out fair honest reporting. Hell they can't wait to get something in the news instead of waiting to hear all sides or what the testimony is etc...

Side note-Cur is doing great here. Just super glad he found us/we found him. Would have never considered a cur otherwise. Flat amazing. Now if he would quit wanting to chew on about everything. At least he has not done it much in the house. Prefers his bones and anything he can get on us for some reason...

Back OT... FWIW I don't watch news basically anymore. Just got fed up with their stupidity.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by rost495
[quote=antlers]
[quote=APDDSN0864] So cops should stop enforcing traffic laws?
Do you have any idea how many crimes (not traffic infractions) that are solved through traffic stops? How many wanted felons are taken off the streets because they violated some "bullshit traffic violation"?

If you stop someone for a bull$hit traffic violation and a real 'crime' (not a traffic infraction) is solved through that traffic stop...then that's great.
But if not, then why don't you just let the guy go without a ticket...?
If a wanted felon is taken off the streets because they violated some bull$hit traffic violation...then that's great.
But if not, then why don't you just let the guy go without a ticket...?

Different definitions sometimes, but how being decent to LEO rather than a smart azz has definitely done just what it does in my daily interactions with most the folks I deal with. What you give is what you get. Decency for the most part. But eventually you'll even get me fired up and have to deal with me then.

Azz kissing I've never done. I don't mention who i know or anything. I simply am courteous and request the same. LEO has a job to do. Almost everytime since I've gotten out of my teen age years a normal conversation and they figure out, yeah, just a normal person, give a warning if needed and head on their way.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
I have never talked like that to anyone that didn't start the exchange by being a complete asshat and continuing until my patience was gone.

Yep, we're all human...and it pisses working tax payers off to be stopped for some bull$hit traffic violation or expired tags by a government tax collector with a badge and a gun...all the while real crimes are taking place rampantly throughout the community.

So cops should stop enforcing traffic laws?

Do you have any idea how many crimes (not traffic infractions) that are solved through traffic stops? How many wanted felons are taken off the streets because they violated some "bullshit traffic violation"?

Your view is quite narrow and shows your ignorance about police work. I highly recommend that you contact your local LE agencies and ask about a "ride along". If your local agencies have a "Citizens Academy", I would also highly recommend that you attend it.

Ed

Great recommendations, Ed. I have rode along more than once with my brother. I've personally witnessed him dealing with some real jerks with a chip on their shoulder. He and other LEOs have a tough job and most of them are good guys who put their lives on the line to protect us....including the folks who have the chip on their shoulder.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"Extra bacon...well then extra EXTRA bacon"
[Linked Image]

A classic example of Affirmative Action at work! grin

How would you LEOs like to have this Ms. America for a partner?? wink

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
IC B3

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
First, let me say that I haven't had a ticket in over 30 years. I work in a large gunshop that has a contract with the county sheriff department so that they can spend their firearm/equipment vouchers with us. Most of them are arses. They treat the employees the same way they treat criminals-like schit. 90% of them have the us vs them mentality and act like high school jocks.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Telemarketers are just doing their job as well..... but they interfere with your life.

Are you nice and polite to them?

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
"Extra bacon...well then extra EXTRA bacon"
[Linked Image]

A classic example of Affirmative Action at work! grin How would you LEOs like to have this Ms. America for a partner?? ;)L.W.

Not no, but Hell no! I would worry about having to rescue her fat ass, not a citizen that was in need of help.
How in the name of all that is sane can she (or her bosses) expect her to run to save a person's life, or to catch a wanted person?
It probably takes her fifteen seconds to get in or out of her patrol car.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Fist cop, "Who gave you the best blow job you ever had?"

Second cop, "Some ass pirate named Sherp."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
as far as bullchit traffic stops.....been pulled over alot.....have yet to be pulled over when i wasnt breaking some law and knew so while doing it.....really dont understand those that get riled up about it....you were knowingly breaking the law then get pissed when caught....usually im nailed at 10 or more above the speed limit, vast majority of the time i get a warning cause im give the cop as much respect as he gives me.....yet watched my ex get ticketed most the time cause she felt she should be a smart arse and needle the cop just because which i also never understood as she worked well with our local law enforcement as far as the papers...

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I cannot fix in 15 minutes ,what you screwed up for 15 years!Referring to parents who call for their screwed up kids and expect us to fix them! Failure to parent should be a crime! If you do not like us, or want us, just call someone else when things go south and your are in a jam!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Telemarketers are just doing their job as well..... but they interfere with your life.

Are you nice and polite to them?

"Hell No" My Phone numbers are on the National Do Not Call List and I have absolutely no tolerance for Telemarketers as in most cases whoever they are calling for only gets pennies on the dollar.

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rost495
Don't you believe that SOME news reports contain enough evidence to condemn a particular Policeman's actions?

Aren't there instances where there could be NO justification for the actions of Law Enforcement?

I don't doubt that, but as a whole today, even our local little rag, they look for sensationalism. That leaves out fair honest reporting. Hell they can't wait to get something in the news instead of waiting to hear all sides or what the testimony is etc...

Side note-Cur is doing great here. Just super glad he found us/we found him. Would have never considered a cur otherwise. Flat amazing. Now if he would quit wanting to chew on about everything. At least he has not done it much in the house. Prefers his bones and anything he can get on us for some reason...

Back OT... FWIW I don't watch news basically anymore. Just got fed up with their stupidity.

Yep, even when an officer is accused of sexual assault there is more to the story that would indicate the civilian had it coming.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by UPhiker
First, let me say that I haven't had a ticket in over 30 years. I work in a large gunshop that has a contract with the county sheriff department so that they can spend their firearm/equipment vouchers with us. Most of them are arses. They treat the employees the same way they treat criminals-like schit. 90% of them have the us vs them mentality and act like high school jocks.

Nothing wrong with that. The whole fact the employees are civilians is why they get treated the way they do and it is the way it should be.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rattler
as far as bullchit traffic stops.....been pulled over alot.....have yet to be pulled over when i wasnt breaking some law and knew so while doing it.....really dont understand those that get riled up about it....you were knowingly breaking the law then get pissed when caught....usually im nailed at 10 or more above the speed limit, vast majority of the time i get a warning cause im give the cop as much respect as he gives me.....yet watched my ex get ticketed most the time cause she felt she should be a smart arse and needle the cop just because which i also never understood as she worked well with our local law enforcement as far as the papers...

Yep, no idea why people feel wronged over the way police handle traffic law enforcement.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

183 members (1_deuce, 30Gibbs, 300_savage, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 22 invisible), 1,747 guests, and 1,010 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,747
Posts18,495,204
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.