Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Pugs Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I don’t recall if it was Patrick McManus, Ed Zern or perhaps Gene Hill that warned us about what happens if you leave guns in a dark safe. They multiply at an alarming rate!

[Linked Image]

Frankly, I blame the campfire. 15 years ago I was perfectly happy shooting stuff with a Win M70 .243 my dad had given me! You people are a bad influence (in the best possible way)

[Linked Image]

The Fort Knox I have I bought more than 25 years ago and I think it was a 12 gun safe. Over time I took the shelves out and inserted some new configs to allow more but I was pretty much done and guns that should be in the safe we now in cases and spread around the house.

[Linked Image]

Friend Jorge, with the same problem, pointed this http://www.storemoreguns.com company out a couple weeks ago so I counted poorly and ordered the 20-gun set ($75)

It’s essentially sheet of the loop side of Velcro you staple to the bottom of the shelf and then a series of .22 rods that a disk with the hook side you slide into the barrel and hook to the bottom of the shelf.

[Linked Image]

As you can see, it works great and the 12 gun safe now holds 24 with room for at least a half dozen more (time to get busy!). 32 percussion no longer fits since I filled in the insert in the shelf that allowed very long barrels so I’ll just have to let VANimrod make me and offer I can’t refuse (hear that Sean!)

As you can see, I ran over 20 so cut a disk from a dowel and drilled and inserted and then stuck some Velcro on the end. In fact, you could make this whole set-up for far less than $75 but I have to give the folks that put it together credit for ingenuity and marketing it so I don’t feel like I wasted the money.

[Linked Image]

A nice couple hour project including oiling and checking out guns that don’t get out of the safe much as well as catching up with documenting serial numbers and such.

[Linked Image]

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
GB4

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Tough problem to have! smile smile smile

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
you got to watch those savages or you'll end up like this !!

[Linked Image]

Pugs Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Loggah
you got to watch those savages or you'll end up like this !!

I assure you in 8 years in the "forever house" in NH that the safe won't be much of an issue. I'll have something much more like that!

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
HEY!
Shelves...now there's an idea.
[Linked Image]

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Thats depressing !!!!! crazy crazy and i can imagine how they store their ammo !! smile

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
It was Pat that warned about guns in dark safes.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
I'm trying to figure out the rate at which they double so I can anticipate when I'll need another safe.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by navlav8r
I'm trying to figure out the rate at which they double so I can anticipate when I'll need another safe.

Yesterday.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Time for another safe. Managed to squeeze in a few more..

[Linked Image]

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B3

N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
Jorge, if you turn some of them muzzle down there's a lot more room in there. smile

Pugs Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
As former Naval Air you'll appreciate the back of the roll around bins I use for storage. They also happen to hide the safe which works out well.

Top is a poster I got from Tailhook in 91
Middle picture is one I took of trapping on the Washington
Bottom is another poster back when we had Prowlers and Intruders in the Navy and now we have neither. frown
[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Love it, good work!

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
Turn out the lights on that middle photo and it's not nearly as much fun shocked

OBTW you need to put up some shots of Phantoms or Tomcats on your bins grin

Pugs Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by navlav8r
Turn out the lights on that middle photo and it's not nearly as much fun shocked

OBTW you need to put up some shots of Phantoms or Tomcats on your bins grin

That sea state and an easy divert makes night not fun but OK. Throw in a pitching deck and blue water and it's time to replace the seat cushion.

Why would I put pointy nose jet pictures in my shop when everyone knows jets shaped like a drumstick get the real work done. grin

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
It's a well known fact that the warm dark confines of a gun safe are perfect to promote firearms to breed and multiply till the safe cannot hold any more. What better reason does a guy need to buy another safe and start the process all over again.

Last edited by gunswizard; 03/01/15.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Pugs,

From MAT Wing 1's Hanger in Oceana:

Fighters make movies...Bombers make history.

The other one was in the upstairs hall:

Bombers...The real reason for building aircraft carriers.

VA-42 & VA-85
AT2 WC 210 Night Supervisor (89) Indian O and (91) Desert Storm Cruises USS America
85-91

Originally Posted By: slumlord

people that text all day get on my nerves

just knowing that people are out there with that ability,....just makes me wanna punch myself in the balls
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by gunswizard
It's a well known fact that the warm dark confines of a gun safe are perfect to promote firearms to breed and multiply till the safe cannot hold any more. What better reason does a guy need to buy another safe and start the process all over again.

Even more bizarre is how either a lone upper or lower AR assembles itself with sights or scope...magically! Can't seem to figure that one out.

just knowing that people are out there with that ability,....just makes me wanna punch myself in the balls
Pugs Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 007FJ

Fighters make movies...Bombers make history.

The other one was in the upstairs hall:

Bombers...The real reason for building aircraft carriers.

VA-42 & VA-85
AT2 WC 210 Night Supervisor (89) Indian O and (91) Desert Storm Cruises USS America
85-91

May have heard those before grin (from the bulletin board in the shop). Had a good friend with VAQ-137 on that cruise. Looking forward to catching up with him at the USN Prowler farewell at Whidbey this June.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Attack...I should have remembered that.

Yes I remember those cousins in 137 with their gay gold canopies!

I am sure I would have transitioned to Prowlers being an AT had I stayed in after they whacked the Intruders.

Good times.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (10gaugemag, 1936M71, 160user, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 60 invisible), 2,605 guests, and 1,320 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,946
Posts18,480,283
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.