Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Where's gungeek? Can't wait to hear his take on it now.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You get a baseball bat swung at your head you learn to duck, not liberals they just stand there waiting for the next swing. crazy ,fugger's are dumb.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RJL53
Where's gungeek? Can't wait to hear his take on it now.

he'll tell you you're to dumb to understand........

Paul

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Us peons can't open the link. Maybe one of you Capitalist fat cats will copy it for us.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
IC B2

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When Google’s Eric Schmidt called White House officials a few weeks ago to oppose President Obama ’s demand that the Internet be regulated as a utility, they told him to buzz off. The chairman of the company that led lobbying for “net neutrality” learned the Obama plan made in its name instead micromanages the Internet.

Mr. Schmidt is not the only liberal mugged by the reality of Obamanet, approved on party lines last week by the Federal Communications Commission. The 300-plus pages of regulations remain secret, but as details leak out, liberals have joined the opposition to ending the Internet as we know it.

The Progressive Policy Institute said: “There is nothing progressive about the FCC backsliding to common carrier rules dating back to the 1930s.” The Internet Society, a net-neutrality advocate, said: “We are concerned with the FCC’s decision to base new rules for the modern Internet on decades-old telephone regulations designed for a very different technological era.” Former Clinton official Larry Irving wrote in the Hill: “Most of today’s proponents of a utility model for the Internet either have forgotten or never knew the genesis of the ‘regulatory restraint’ model that helped spur and continues to support Internet expansion.”

Verizon poked fun at the FCC’s retrograde move by issuing a news release in Morse code and in an old-fashioned typewriter font, dated “February 26, 1934,” the year Congress passed the Communications Act to regulate the telephone monopoly—the law the FCC is now applying to the Internet.

The Electronic Frontier Foundation, which supports applying the 1934 law to the Internet, nonetheless objects to a new regulation giving the FCC open-ended power to regulate the Internet. “A ‘general conduct rule,’ applied on a case-by-case basis,” the EFF wrote, “may lead to years of expensive litigation to determine the meaning of ‘harm’ (for those who can afford to engage in it).”

The general-conduct rule reportedly has seven standards, one of which is the “effect on free expression.” Net neutrality was supposed to ban online discrimination based on content. Instead, it is empowering the FCC—the agency that for decades enforced the “Fairness Doctrine” and that last year proposed studying “bias” in newsrooms—to chill speech.

FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler justified Obamanet by saying the Internet is “simply too important to be left without rules and without a referee.” He got it backward: Light-handed regulation made today’s Internet possible.

What if at the beginning of the Web, Washington had opted for Obamanet instead of the open Internet? Yellow Pages publishers could have invoked “harm” and “unjust and unreasonable” competition from online telephone directories. This could have strangled Alta Vista and Excite, the early leaders in search, and relegated Google to a Stanford student project. Newspapers could have lobbied against Craigslist for depriving them of classified advertising. Encyclopedia Britannica could have lobbied against Wikipedia.

Competitors could have objected to the “fast lane” that Amazon got from Sprint at the launch of the Kindle to ensure speedy e-book downloads. The FCC could have blocked Apple from integrating Internet access into the iPhone. Activists could have objected to AOL bundling access to The Wall Street Journal in its early dial-up service.

Among the first targets of the FCC’s “unjust and unreasonable” test are mobile-phone contracts that offer unlimited video or music. Netflix , the biggest lobbyist for utility regulation, could be regulated for how it uses encryption to deliver its content.

Until Congress or the courts block Obamanet, expect less innovation. During a TechFreedom conference last week, dissenting FCC commissioner Ajit Pai asked: “If you were an entrepreneur trying to make a splash in a marketplace that’s already competitive, how are you going to differentiate yourself if you have to build into your equation whether or not regulatory permission is going to be forthcoming from the FCC? According to this, permissionless innovation is a thing of the past.”

The other dissenting Republican commissioner, Michael O’Rielly, warned: “When you see this document, it’s worse than you imagine.” The FCC has no estimate on when it will make the rules public.

The silver lining is a valuable lesson for Silicon Valley executives who thought it was safe to lobby for net neutrality, but instead got Obamanet: The only place on the Internet for Washington regulators is at arm’s length.

Last edited by RWE; 03/02/15.
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler justified Obamanet by saying the Internet is “simply too important to be left without rules and without a referee.”

Gee, this doesn't sound like free [bleep] speech Mr. Gibson?

Sounds like someone gets to arbitrate in what gets on the internet.

Wonder who that is?

Oh, that's right.

I don't understand....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

Just saw Gibson go by...

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm obliged.... but... I never had you figured for a Capitalist Fat Cat..... grin

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Obama killed the pipeline, seized the Internet & cut off ammo in just one week, and the liberals love him for it.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

IC B3

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by curdog4570
I'm obliged.... but... I never had you figured for a Capitalist Fat Cat..... grin

I'm not.

I grabbed it because it was hot linked through another website. whistle

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RWE

I'm not.

Soooo yer not sophisticated yer just tricky....... wink

Paul

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by GeoW
[Linked Image]

Just saw Gibson go by...

If only it was that easy.

Paul

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by RWE

I'm not.

Soooo yer not sophisticated yer just tricky....... wink

tricksy and false according to some.....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
got rolled by Benito Obamalini. ...

You mean "Barak Ceausescu," don't you?

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
[Linked Image]

Just saw Gibson go by...
Damn - that's FUNNY right thar... laugh laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
[Linked Image]

Obama lemmings!

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Hmmmm,,,, lots happened in 1934. Suppose the same can be said now for 2015.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Well then, since it's such garbage, why don't we all just band together and overturn the FCC's overreach? But I suppose that would require liberals and conservatives to work together, and no liberal ever wants to admit that they were wrong, now do they?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Listen guys, none of this matters. Romney would have done the same thing. Stop voting. Obama got this one right. That 300 page document they won't let you see doesn't mean anything. It's not law.

Gibson

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

83 members (Amos63, Bigd7378, 7mm_Loco, AnthonyB, 9 invisible), 1,507 guests, and 852 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,083
Posts18,501,668
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.