Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by GunGeek
I'll compare life stories any day. I don't know many who have been around and done more than I have...

No disputing that. Only Walter Mitty can rival Gibson.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was a union paramedic for 16 years, didn't have a choice if I wanted to work in my city. Eventually because I was always griping about how worthless the Union was I became a shop steward. Managed to fix a few things with our Union, got the Union and management on the same page, fixed relations between the two. By the time I left, you couldn't get into management without being a union shop steward first.

But even after fixing some things that were really broken, fundamentally I couldn't do anything about the union itself, which represented the union bosses first, their bottom line second, and I doubt union members even made the top 10. Local 250 was, and still is absolutely WORTHLESS!!! For 16 years I paid into their coffers and I have nothing to show for it.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
What a life story.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Only Walter Mitty can rival Gibson.

Don't forget about Lee24. He was right up there.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GunGeek
I'll compare life stories any day. I don't know many who have been around and done more than I have...

Settled.

GG is Shanghai McCoy

IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by watch4bear
Only Walter Mitty can rival Gibson.

Don't forget about Lee24. He was right up there.

Yeah, Bear but Ole Lee24 knew how to "run an AR platform rifle right". Heh.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
unions suck. end of story.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 4ager

I don't disagree with the assessment that corps and private businesses pour funds into the Rs, and again I'm far from an R apologists or supporter. I don't see them touting their "liberal" hallmarks like supposed conservative unionistas do (gun owner, 2A supporter, pro-life, etc) while funding a party that is diametrically opposed to those core values....

Better take a closer look then. Lots of corporations (mine, for example) that claim to be all for worker safety, environment protection, equal rights, etc - but contributing heavily to individuals and groups that would work against those causes. Many businesses also contribute to both sides, hoping to have influence no matter which side is in office. Self-serving hypocrites - no?

And those of us who work for these employers are helping indirectly to fund whatever they favor. Not saying it's necessarily wrong - just that it exists and isn't necessarily to our benefit. Stating that only one side is plagued with hypocrisy is just ignorant.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FreeMe

I don't disagree with the assessment that corps and private businesses pour funds into the Rs, and again I'm far from an R apologists or supporter. I don't see them touting their "liberal" hallmarks like supposed conservative unionistas do (gun owner, 2A supporter, pro-life, etc) while funding a party that is diametrically opposed to those core values....

Better take a closer look then. Lots of corporations (mine, for example) that claim to be all for worker safety, environment protection, equal rights, etc - but contributing heavily to individuals and groups that would work against those causes. Many businesses also contribute to both sides, hoping to have influence no matter which side is in office. Self-serving hypocrites - no?

And those of us who work for these employers are helping indirectly to fund whatever they favor. Not saying it's necessarily wrong - just that it exists and isn't necessarily to our benefit. Stating that only one side is plagued with hypocrisy is just ignorant.

Fair point, and conceded.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
What a life story.

It gets better.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Who might those be?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by atse
unions suck. end of story.

Well - it was a quick read anyway. Glad you weren't too challenged.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Having walked more than a mile or two in both union and non-union shops, I have seen azzhole managers either tromp on the neck of employees (always in a non-union environment) or collaborate in good faith (union shops). After hearing what I heard while working in management short term, I know it is popular to generally detest the employees, withhold information, abuse power, and cover up any undesirable fallout. Given those facts, what would you choose? The job where your arrogant manager thinks college kids are akin to slave laborers (pay them $7/hr+ no leave) and middle managers need to "earn" any salary increase by being stuck at the same measly ($45K) rate for 5 years? I prefer to work for a boss who knows there are boundaries and he/ she will be held accountable for their actions.

Last edited by 3584ELK; 03/05/15. Reason: added emphasis

"I didn't realize we had so many snipers in this country." by J23
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
For what ever reason, even with the growing popularity of many non-union foreign owned/US manufactured brand vehicles, the vast majority on US highways are still union made Ford, GM and MoPar.

With the widespread anti-union sentiment of the past several decades you'd think that there would've been a major nationwide campaign to boycott all labor union made/represented products and services.

One would think, too, that all strong anti-union believers would make it a point to refuse to buy/own stock in any unionized company regardless how well it is performing.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
One would think, too, that all strong anti-union believers would make it a point to refuse to buy/own stock in any unionized company regardless how well it is performing.

grin

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by joken2
For what ever reason, even with the growing popularity of many non-union foreign owned/US manufactured brand vehicles, the vast majority on US highways are still union made Ford, GM and MoPar.

With the widespread anti-union sentiment of the past several decades you'd think that there would've been a major nationwide campaign to boycott all labor union made/represented products and services.

You forgot the part about "supported by our tax dollars". jus sayin.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by BarryC
Originally Posted by GutshotBuck
Don't have the skills to get a union job?

Get a job at Wal-Mart with the rest of the rednecks.

Whining about your own lack of skill just makes you look stupid.

laugh

I work with computers, get paid well, set my own hours and don't have to put up with union goldbricks.

+1

I got my first job in '59 and recently retired in 2013, with a full pension, company-paid retiree medical, self-funded Roth IRA, 401K (with a company contribution), money in the bank, and NO debt.

Never in my life did I join a union or pay a nickel in dues.

It can be done.

Keep your gun-hand ready and your eyes peeled.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Fair point, and conceded.

I appreciate that. I think debating the merits or evils of unions is fine. But calling someone a leftist (or a right-wing nut) because of his choice of employment does not make a good argument.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Who might those be?

Without getting specific and without taking the time to build a list - I'll just start with railroads.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jocko_Slugshot
Originally Posted by BarryC
Originally Posted by GutshotBuck
Don't have the skills to get a union job?

Get a job at Wal-Mart with the rest of the rednecks.

Whining about your own lack of skill just makes you look stupid.

laugh

I work with computers, get paid well, set my own hours and don't have to put up with union goldbricks.

+1

I got my first job in '59 and recently retired in 2013, with a full pension, company-paid retiree medical, self-funded Roth IRA, 401K (with a company contribution), money in the bank, and NO debt.

Never in my life did I join a union or pay a nickel in dues.

It can be done.

the question is though - would you have those things if the Unions didn't fight for them in other places.

I bet a pretty solid argument could be made that some companies (not all) provided good benefits just to make sure unions didn't get a foothold in the company.

Last edited by KFWA; 03/05/15.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

634 members (007FJ, 160user, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 67 invisible), 2,609 guests, and 1,379 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,211
Posts18,485,426
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.