-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
The cougars here in Socal are definitely getting bolder. A few months back one crashed through a glass window of a house after the wooden fence he was on collapsed under his weight. A young boy had just left his bedroom to go into his mother's bedroom when the cat landed in his bedroom. They shut the door and called police while the cougar scrambled around the house and crashed out another window.<P>Here's the latest kitty story. Too bad we have no season here.<P>ASSOCIATED PRESS, July 8, 2001 <P>LA CANADA FLINTRIDGE, CA. &#8211; A mountain lion that had been prowling through an exclusive community, killing at least one neighborhood cat and avoiding police for a month, was shot to death Saturday by state wildlife officials. <P>The 90-pound cat, which had first appeared in the neighborhood a month ago, had eluded an effort to capture it two weeks ago, said Sgt. Stefanie Frederick of the Crescenta Valley station of the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department. <P>The mountain lion, which looked sickly according to Frederick, wasn't spotted again until Saturday afternoon, when a resident saw it near Foothill and Littleton streets. <P>Representatives from the California Department of Fish and Game and Pasadena Animal Control found the mountain lion and shot it about 4:30 p.m. <P>"Once he was cornered, two shotgun shots were fired and the animal was put down," said Sgt. Kristin Aloma of Crescenta Valley. "It was a major risk because the animal kept coming back." <P>La Canada Flintridge is about 10 miles northeast of Los Angeles.

~Jesse

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
BTW JJ, after my lion troubles, I fenced about 2 acres around my house and bought a Great Pyr. Haven't had a bear, coyote, lion close since. Tex has a couple too. Nice dogs...

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
there have been reports of a lion (is that the same as a cougar) taking a few animals from the Dallas Zoo. That's pretty much smack in the middle of the city, so you can't say it's on the edge of wild territory...<BR>and I'm sure a few dogs/cats go missing to this boy too...

Those that would trade freedom for security, deserve neither freedom or security.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Bullwinkle-ELK BUGLING IN JULY?????I think the camp host mighta been hearing things. Which makes me wonder if he was seeing things too. bcat

If you aint the lead dog the scenery never changes [img]http://www.hunttalk.com/icon/bcatrunningcat.gif.com/boykin][/img] <BR><A HREF="http://www.huntandlodge.com/Boykin/outfitter.html" TARGET=_blank>Boykin's Hunting <B>Homepage</B> </A>
B
B
Bummer about the goat JJ!

IC B2

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

644 members (01Foreman400, 160user, 16gage, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 1234, 68 invisible), 2,784 guests, and 1,336 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,302
Posts18,525,996
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.