Print Thread
Hop To
C
CGPAUL Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
Anyone else been having problems? We had issues with the Taxidermist, till we tracked it to their bank, and having an issue now with Air Transportation. We have all the follow-up info on the transfers from this side,showing delivery to the SA bank,.. seems the Dark contenent is indeed Dark.
Anyone?
Thanks

GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
I had my credit union send one to a bank in Moz. about 2 weeks ago with no problems.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
My credit union won't ship money out of country. Been a pain.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
My credit union, in 2002, needed to utilize another bank on the east coast that was capable of international wires to Africa. This resulted in transfer of a net amount less than was needed in Africa. The credit union could precisely calculate the their fees on this end but only estimate the fee charged by the east coast bank. This resulted in another transfer to be made to cover the small unpaid balance, of course including another pair of fees. We just sent a little extra the 2nd time to insure that the net would be sufficient to cover the unpaid balance at the shipping company. It mattered at that time but is now only a lesson learned and a memory, maybe amounting to 50 or 75 dollars of added expense and inconvenience. There should be a better way.

Marv

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I've always contacted the biller in RSA and asked them to contact their bank and ask what the fee on their end would be. I then added an extra $100 and did the transfer. I then asked the biller to refund via check in US$ or Euros. Had my PH go get the check and applied it to his bill or to the taxidermist. The banks will get you every time.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Used to make many wire transfers all over southern Africa. Had a single problem with a bank in Zimbabwe that said they never received the transfer. Proved conclusively that they not only received it but the person who signed for it. Was for naught though as no monies were ever recovered and this was a reasonably large sum. Can never remember there having been any fees on the African end. On the US side yes.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
When I went to Africa in 2011, used a money transfer, though my bank. Cost me $75 of so, If I recall right. Last time, I used, for the taxidermist PayPal, and might be worth asking if whoever you need to send the money to, accepts that. A LOT of commercial places do now. I don't use it for anything, but paying someone else, somewhere else, if they take it.

Ghost
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Why don't ya'll use credit cards? It's pretty easy.

1. Have an understanding from the start with whoever you'll do business with as to how you'll be paying.

2. Use a credit card with no foreign transaction fees.

3. Call the credit card company with the amount that is to be charged so funds aren't held up because of suspected fraud.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Can wire be transferred without an FFL? smile

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Can wire be transferred without an FFL? smile

...only if it goes via one of those friendly Nigerian Princes who bombard us with get rich quick offers. grin

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
IC B3

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Just talked to my American contact that a wire transfer to Namibia was not received from a week ago.

Film at 11:00.

donsm70

Life Member...Safari Club International
Life Member...Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
Life Member...Keystone Country Elk Alliance
Life Member...National Rifle Association
C
CGPAUL Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
Received an e-mail from them yesterday, after I sent them the transfer conformation no., etc. They are to follow up with their bank in P.E.
We`ll see.

This shouldn`t be that difficult.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (160user, 1234, 1badf350, 16penny, 10gaugeman, 1936M71, 75 invisible), 2,019 guests, and 1,190 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,831
Posts18,496,650
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.