Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
J
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Any of you fellers have a wife, GF, acquaintance, etc gunning one? Any good/ bad reports??

Daughter has been shooting a Beretta Teknys 12ga for her first year of competitive shotgun and looking to move her into an O/U. We've handled/ shot a fair number (Syren, Zoli, Perazzi, Beretta, Browning, Blaser) of them the last couple days at the San Antonio Livestock Show and Rodeo Junior Shoot Out. The Syren fits like a glove and gave her the biggest "wow" factor in feel, point ability, swing, smooth recoil, etc.

The only con I can see from the get go is that the action is pretty dang stiff out of the box for a women's shotgun.

Last edited by joshf303; 02/20/15.
GB1

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
It's made by Caesar Guerini especially for women, so it should fit your wife better than some other shotguns. All over and unders are stiff at first. I have sat in front of the TV opening and closing new O/Us a couple of hundred times to get them to operate less stiffly. It's one sign the gun has close tolerances.

Living proof that expressing your opinion is not a good career advancement strategy.

There comes a time in a man's life when he has to start cutting and quit straddling fences. Ed Abbey
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DrHJH
It's made by Caesar Guerini especially for women, so it should fit your wife better than some other shotguns. All over and unders are stiff at first. I have sat in front of the TV opening and closing new O/Us a couple of hundred times to get them to operate less stiffly. It's one sign the gun has close tolerances.
+1 my Guerini was the same but after using it a while it it isn't so stiff

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
If she is old enough to handle an O/U along with the added recoil-and it will be more and may take its toil on a younger smaller shooter that shoots a lot-and you are willing to spend the cash I would be more inclined to go:

Blaser: Quickest trigger of the group, some say felt recoil is more obvious.

Beretta: Solid and problems will be few. Customer service horrible if needed.

Browning: The English like them more than a little. CS about on par with Beretta.

Perazzi: My choice. CS Good if you get it to Giacomo.

Caesar Guerini: While nice, I don't think they are of the same quality as the above. Depends on how much she shoots if it is a factor. If problems do occur, it seems as if they are the best of the bunch when it comes to customer service.

However, at all of the big shoots there are good smiths that can usually get you going fairly quickly no matter what make. Just need to know the good ones.

Biggest question is she ready to move up to an O/U? They look nice, but more than a few great competitors use the Semi-auto and most will tell you it is because they shoot better with less recoil.

Last edited by battue; 03/11/15.

laissez les bons temps rouler
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by battue
If she is old enough to handle an O/U along with the added recoil-and it will be more and may take its toil on a younger smaller shooter that shoots a lot-and you are willing to spend the cash I would be more inclined to go:

Blaser: Quickest trigger of the group, some say felt recoil is more obvious.

Beretta: Solid and problems will be few. Customer service horrible if needed.

Browning: The English like them more than a little. CS about on par with Beretta.

Perazzi: My choice. CS Good if you get it to Giacomo.

Caesar Guerini: While nice, I don't think they are of the same quality as the above. Depends on how much she shoots if it is a factor. If problems do occur, it seems as if they are the best of the bunch when it comes to customer service.

I have 2 of them please do not compare them to a browning or a beretta

Tempio Light 12 gauge and an Ellipse Evo 28 gauge

However, at all of the big shoots there are good smiths that can usually get you going fairly quickly no matter what make. Just need to know the good ones.

Biggest question is she ready to move up to an O/U? They look nice, but more than a few great competitors use the Semi-auto and most will tell you it is because they shoot better with less recoil.

Last edited by Oldelkhunter; 03/13/15.
IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (160user, 1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 12344mag, 65 invisible), 3,021 guests, and 1,158 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,620
Posts18,533,025
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.