-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Few years back I took a full frontal shot at a white tail (aprox 25 yards) He ducked at the shot and I hit him a bit high, thankfully he circled around to my left and stopped and I got a 30 yard shot into his vitals.

If he hadn't done so, I'm not sure if I would have recovered him and I don't ever plan on taking another similar shot.

Life is just one damned thing after another
GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Well, abit of a tough crowd.

This forum is just a tiny pimple on the ass of the real archery discussion forums though. Go to AT or Bowsite for a more rational discussion of this particular shot...if youre just lurking.

I'm taking my ball and going home.

You're Safariman's brother,aren't you?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Now why would you say that?

It wasn't clever or funny and didn't add anything to the discussion.

I doubt you've ever drawn a bow back in your entire life. I could look up how many times you've posted on this forum but I won't.

My conclusion is that you're pretty friggen bored.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Because, your post follows his suit of asking for advice and then schitting on everyone who gives that advice

I'got my first bow when I was around 7, was the co-captain of my High School archery team, and aside from the past 4 years hiatus from bow hunting due to concentrating on chasing Waterfowl, i've killed atleast one deer with a Bow since I was around 14

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Well, abit of a tough crowd.

This forum is just a tiny pimple on the ass of the real archery discussion forums though. Go to AT or Bowsite for a more rational discussion of this particular shot...if youre just lurking.

I'm taking my ball and going home.

You're Safariman's brother,aren't you?

As for AT, I quit going there years ago.. You'd be hard pressed to find a bigger group of idiots on the internet.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think a frontal shot at a whitetail especially if out of a tree would most likely end in tears. Elk and whitetail are very different in how they behave post bow shot.

Kind of like spraying a black lab (elk) with the garden hose versus a house cat!(whitetail)

Again most elk are shot from the ground, however the terrain can be very steep, so there is a lot to consider.

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
The described frontal shot from the treestand on the whitetail is simply a description of a deer hit far too low in one lung, with an injured sternum.

Deer with an injured sternum stumble and fall around like that.

A frontal shot from a treestand angle would need to enter right under the chin to be angling down and out through the vitals.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
DD,
I think you are right, I was trying to hit the heart and run the arrow through at least one lung. I was probably too low in the chest. What you are saying is probably what happened, but no matter I have no intention of trying that shot ever again.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Yes, losing one that way imprints on the brain pretty strongly. Thanks for sharing your real experiences with real life and what can go wrong in real situations.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A buddy hit a bull straight on once. Never found it.

1Minute
IC B3

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

103 members (6mmCreedmoor, 338reddog, 14idaho, 01Foreman400, achlupsa, 6 invisible), 1,493 guests, and 821 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,323
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.