Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Reading Curdogs post got me thinking.

How many here start their day with the two Aleve ritual?

I'm one!

I used to. And more at bedtime.

Cardiologist said not only "No!", but "Hell No!"... wink

I don't do that anymore.

Days like yesterday spent with a heavy chainsaw doing some heavy cutting, I sure miss them, though...

Damn, I gotta go run that saw some more soon, before it warms up. frown cry

tylenols hard on your liver, NSAIDs(Aleve, ibuprofen) are hard on your heart and guts......opiates daily are just plain hard on you period.....

freaked out a doc 7 or so years ago when they were still trying to control my pain levels with percocet.....pain had gotten bad and on top of the percs every 4 hours(dont do this, ask for time release morphine if you get bad, makes your life so much better, truly, taking short acting opiates like that wil lead you to putting a gun in your mouth with the roller coasters) i was starting my morning with 2 Aleve, 800mg of ibuprofin and whatever the dose of Celebrex was cause they all seemed to act a lil different and the combined sure as hell beat picking one....

was sleeping alot and my wife freaked and hauled me in to the doc, who ofcourse asked me what i was taking now, her eyes bugged out when she heard and she figured i was horrible anemic from a GI bleed.....nope not the case, ive got cast iron guts grin turned out to be the fact i was just wore out from the opiates not lasting enough to get me sleeping through the night and a form of depression where if i wasnt gonna do something for the pain my brain just shut me down so that i wouldnt piss off my knees any more than they naturally are....

doc told my ex to make me pic one NSAID and flush the rest and thump the hell out of me if i ever did that again, even if my guts could take it my heart wasnt going to forever...wasnt long after that they put me on the time release morphine and i started feeling alot better....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I try not to take any Aleve, Tylenol, or Ibuprofen, but I do eat a bunch of coated Bayer Asprin ever day. Figure it can only give me stomach ulcers at the worst. Got to be better than destroying your liver, kidneys, and heart, any old day.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
I ran into a similar problem at about your age....15 years ago.

I had been working a school cafeteria for several days just as school started, when along about Wednesday my back got real sore and stiff. I was blaming it on folding up those big 16 seat tables for the last 3 days .. The next day the thought crossed my mind that that last Sunday's moose I pulled out of the swamp to shore by myself might have had something to do with it.... smile

Same yearling moose that blinked at me as I grabbed his spikes to pull his head around toward shore.

It was a quick trip back to the .338 parked 20 feet up the bank....

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Funny, they thought these non-steroidal anti-inflammatories would lead to fewer cardiac events.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Greg
Will that keep the yotes away from the rabbits, heavy enough wire on the bottom? Cheers NC

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by eyeball
Funny, they thought these non-steroidal anti-inflammatories would lead to fewer cardiac events.

they do if you dont eat them like candy....unfortunately usually people start doing that well before talking to a doc

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I was laying down on the ground the other day, putting an auxillary trans cooler on my Honda Pilot. I had my son there to hand me the tools I needed, as I needed them...

so not having to get up and down, up and down over and over...

I had NO PAIN whatsoever that evening...

its up and down, lifting twisting etc, that gives our aging bodies a work out and a half...

and it certainly sneaks up on ya...

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
i set over 430 ft of tile today, did a little getting up and down to say the least.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
get Roger, I've never laid tile, but it seems in that type of thing at our ages, lay down on a floor creeper and have someone handing this stuff down to you...

the lazy old man's way...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Pansies all you young sports. Growing old is only for the experienced as the inexperienced couldn't take it. I have type II diabetes and it has caused kidney disease. I have no knee cartiledge left so the only thing now is replacement. I have had arthritis since I was 18 and take vicoden for pain daily. I wear a back brace and walk with a cane for balance. I have atrial fibrillation so take Warfarin daily. In all I think I take 13 medications. I noticed a cobweb in my right eye several weeks ago and after extensive testing they declared it a 'vitrous hemmohrage' so far no tear in the retina nor detached retina. They said due to the Warfarin it would take several months for the blood to clear. So no shooting of anything that jars the cheek which is pretty much everything but pistol. I still drive and live alone so I'm surviving. Oh yes I will be 81 next month. I was doing pretty good till I hit about 78 and then I had to slow down. I drove from Arizona to Nashville last year this time for my 80th birthday. Made it in 2 days. Fully expect to do it again in May of this year as I have to drive to Denver for my Grandaughter's wedding and will probably drive on to Nashville from there. So all you young squirts don't really know what you have to look forward to. I wish you good fortune.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by northcountry
Greg
Will that keep the yotes away from the rabbits, heavy enough wire on the bottom? Cheers NC

It's the "Third Layer", nc.

The hutches are setup inside of a tight, taught "dog proof" fence surrounding the Orchard / Garden.

There's a ranch wire outer perimeter that (so far) no Coyote has gotten through, and lived to tell about.

[Linked Image]

GTC

No worries.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by zimhunter
Pansies all you young sports. Growing old is only for the experienced as the inexperienced couldn't take it. I have type II diabetes and it has caused kidney disease. I have no knee cartiledge left so the only thing now is replacement. I have had arthritis since I was 18 and take vicoden for pain daily. I wear a back brace and walk with a cane for balance. I have atrial fibrillation so take Warfarin daily. In all I think I take 13 medications. I noticed a cobweb in my right eye several weeks ago and after extensive testing they declared it a 'vitrous hemmohrage' so far no tear in the retina nor detached retina. They said due to the Warfarin it would take several months for the blood to clear. So no shooting of anything that jars the cheek which is pretty much everything but pistol. I still drive and live alone so I'm surviving. Oh yes I will be 81 next month. I was doing pretty good till I hit about 78 and then I had to slow down. I drove from Arizona to Nashville last year this time for my 80th birthday. Made it in 2 days. Fully expect to do it again in May of this year as I have to drive to Denver for my Grandaughter's wedding and will probably drive on to Nashville from there. So all you young squirts don't really know what you have to look forward to. I wish you good fortune.

You win! :} Or whatever the hell we do when we get old...

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

671 members (160user, 204guy, 219 Wasp, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 62 invisible), 2,279 guests, and 1,209 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,840
Posts18,496,843
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.