"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
GB1

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Oldman03
Seeing troops on private land is nothing new - in Louisiana. For years every spring/summer they would have war games. Drive all over the country, tear down fences, drive across pastures, etc. They always repaired whatever the tore down or broke.

I was at my cousins house one summer and when we got out the next morning, we were surrounded. They had chosen my uncles place as an enemy headquarters or something, and had slipped in during the night and surrounded the place. We had heard the dogs barking during he night, but didnt pay any attention, just figured it was a varmint of some kind. This would go on for 2-3 weeks and then it was over. That was the ground training part.

The bombing, which took place on Fort Polk, would last a lot longer. We would get to see fighters headed for the base flying low, and then in a few minutes they would be coming back with other fighters chasing them. Bombs could be heard and at night we could see the flares dropping to the ground and the bomb flashes.

This was 50 years ago and my cousins said they did this every summer, so I'm guessing they still do.

So what happened when landowners dogs came after them?

Also, I would have thought folks could tell the difference in their own dog barking at a varmint vs something more malevolent.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RIO7
Rockinbar, I am not sure you are right on the border patrol, coming on private land with out owners's ok, We deal with the border patrol every day here on the ranch, and they cannot come on this ranch without calling me first.so far this year they have picked up 1800 illegals and drug dealers here. rio7

It depends on the miles from the border. They CAN enter within 100, but anything within 25, you cannot deny them access. In fact, all our ranch gates that fall under that, out in west Texas have a BP lock on the chain as well. Tried to fight them with it, but they won. All the ranchers there have the same issues.

They don't always use it for stellar purposes either. The chief BP guy was caught poaching a pronghorn out of season. Guess how he gained access to that pasture? whistle

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I guess it's different here, we within 25 miles of the border, and they don't come on us unless we give our ok, and we guide them to where they want to go on the ranch. rio7

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by FlyboyFlem
Originally Posted by Hawk_Driver
Its called training.

^^^^^
THIS

I don't deny that for a second. Of course they are training...

The question is, for what?

Why would entire states be listed as "Hostile"?

[Linked Image]

These are special forces and SEALs, and other agencies not named in the official govt. press release. They are not some green reserve recruits.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
We've had BP drive up on Kenedy county place, thru the gate from the neighbors place, not having a clue where they were. Never knowing they had been thru several other properties. During deer season, with hunters in the pasture. Well I suppose the "knew" where they were by looking at their GPS.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

P
PVT Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Originally Posted by kwg020
Originally Posted by PVT
Our ranch is on the western edge of the circled area. During Iraqi freedom, they were there flying over all the time. Ft Hood, one of the largest military installations in the world is in the area. Lots of military bases in Utah as well.

There used to be some NOE lanes just outside of Ft. Hood. I have been on a couple of them back in 1990 and 1991.
kwg

I was in the Red Sea on the Kennedy (CV 67) for that one. But 2002-2004 they used those lanes as well as cross country over our place. Our ranch is under the Brownwood MOA...so lots of high altitude stuff as well. Camp Bowie was a Divisional WW2 training base that extended 20 miles south of town. After rain, we find 50 and 30 cal bullets left over from training. We also find mortar and tank shells...unexploded.

It seems to me that SOCOM is training for similar terrain, size for something overseas.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RIO7
I guess it's different here, we within 25 miles of the border, and they don't come on us unless we give our ok, and we guide them to where they want to go on the ranch. rio7

http://immigrationpolicy.org/just-facts/authority-us-customs-and-border-protection-agents-overview

Between Ports of Entry

◾CBP agents may search for noncitizens on any “railway car, aircraft, conveyance, or vehicle” that is “within a reasonable distance from any external boundary of the United States.”
◾Under federal regulations, “reasonable distance” means within 100 air miles from any external boundary of the United States.
◾In the context of roving border patrols within 100 miles of the border, CBP agents may pull over cars to question occupants about their citizenship or immigration status if they have “reasonable suspicion” of unlawful activity.
◾Standing alone, an occupant’s ethnicity is not sufficient to establish reasonable suspicion. Pulling over a vehicle solely on the basis of an occupant’s race is an “egregious” Fourth Amendment violation.
CBP agents may search for noncitizens on “private lands, but not dwellings” within 25 miles from the border. Thus, to enter a home, CBP officers must still obtain a judicially issued search warrant or the consent of the occupants.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Rockinbar, I guess we are just lucky, to deal with some good patrol agents, there are no border patrol locks on any of our gates,only our locks, every coyote and drug dealer has a key to the border patrol locks around here.and the border patrol knows it.I told the head man at the border patrol, that we would not let them on our ranch unless they called us first and we guided them to where they wanted to go. he said ok. the down side is I get calls at all times of the day and night to let them in and guide them to where they want to go. last night We had 5 units working till 1;00 am on the ranch, picked up 14 people. rio7

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Yeah, that is the way it was with my place in Uvalde.

In most cases, I ended up doing the tracking for them.

It's fun tracking men... smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
rockinbar, Thats where we differ, I never help the border patrol track or pick up people or drugs, I just guide them to where they want to go.then guide them back out when they have finished their work. down here helping the border patrol to much can get you killed. rio7

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
All we were tracking at the time was wetbacks. Different times we live in today.

When I see 'em or find their sign, I just call now.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by FlyboyFlem
Its called training.

^^^^^
THIS

I don't deny that for a second. Of course they are training...

The question is, for what?

Why would entire states be listed as "Hostile"?

[Linked Image]

These are special forces and SEALs, and other agencies not named in the official govt. press release. They are not some green reserve recruits.

It's because that's how the situation is in Iraq and Syria with ISIS. There are varying levels of hostilities in different area, which will call for varying rules of engagement and strategies. Much of this is designed for the guys in the bunker who have to play their little games on a map. During the exercise, these "hostile vs peaceful" zones may change from time to time so the guys on the ground can work under the varying ROE's etc.

It's designed to reflect the realities we will face when we go back into Iraq and Syria with ground troops.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The middle east is pockmarked with areas that are hostile, friendly, or leaning a different way. Even flying over Baghdad, the area around Sadar City was a no-fly zone unless specifically tasked to go in there. Didnt mean much for the high altitude folks, but for the helo guys, Baghdad was broken into about 120 sectors and any of them could be called off-limits for numerous reasons.

Train as you fight.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Looks like I might get to try out my 308.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Whatever you say, skippy.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by 4ager
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Feds can't enter any county for such exercises - legally - without the Sheriff's permission, right?

They can on federal lands. Like BLM, National Forest or such.

There is also this bullschidt: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Border_search_exception

Border Patrol (Feds) can enter private property with 100 miles of the border. You can not deny them access.

maybe so, but i known one rancher down south of sierra vista that sure has denied entry to border patrol.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I think that new mexico has a training facility for the national guard in use for years for urban issues etc.
as to the blackhawks we had quite a few of them last year fly over my house in nw phx heading downtown on training missions, often right at dusk or afterdark.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 03/21/15.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Its called training.

On my place - it's called "Trespassing"

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by mark shubert
Its called training.

On my place - it's called "Trespassing"

Nobody's going to be coming onto your place.

Most of them won't ever make it out of the major training centers.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (1234, 007FJ, 160user, 1936M71, 17CalFan, 12savage, 61 invisible), 2,535 guests, and 1,305 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,684
Posts18,475,043
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.