Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by 1Deernut
And few have anything to do with genetics. Genetics and Biology are opined to affect thought process but are NOT conclusive.

Fully 40% of those studies deal 'directly' with genetics. Genetic and Biological evidence, as shown by these studies (and countless more) certainly is supportive of sexual orientation being influenced by not only environmental factors, but also by genetic and biological factors...and likely others.

Those studies and hundreds more merely suggest the possibility. These studies have more to do with the physiological makeup of the brain and only suggest that genetics may play a role.

As you admit, there are no absolutes. None.

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by RJY66
Okay. Would it then be too much to ask not to confuse Christianity with medieval Catholicism...not that you specifically did it but it is done all the time when people want to point out how "dangerous" we are.

It's a cautionary tale of what happens when religion has the power. Of course there are more modern examples of this today in the Middle East.

Well in that case, I suppose the Soviet Union is a cautionary tale of what happens when atheists have the power.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Anybody consider the Great Enabler?

Man's predisposed to sin, no denying HE has a huge propensity to rebel against any and all authority FROM BIRTH. We have to teach our kids to BEHAVE, but ironically not to MISBEHAVE, that's inherent. So they're predisposed to go against God, and parents. We have an enemy that is more than happy to enable this attitude. Without proper protection and spiritual understanding from parents, a kid is an easy mark for Satan.

What makes any of us think we can understand all that occurs in the spiritual realm for our souls? The Bible says Satan is the great accuser, and that he roams the earth as a lion looking for whom he may devour. Do you think that means nothing? He aims to take us out, as many as possible. Why wouldn't he target people for homosexuality? Look at ISIS, pure evil, and murderers of anyone that gets in their path. Do you think that's random? It's spiritual.

Maybe the reason the scientists can't find a pattern to explain why one becomes gay while another doesn't is because they're not looking in the right place.

LOL
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Well said.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
All of the empirical evidence militates against a conclusion of physiological or genetic determinism (as with the color of a person's eyes). The more likely explanation is a complex interplay between environmental and physiologic factors. Sociologist Stephen Goldberg wrote an excellent chapter on the state of the evidence more than a decade ago, but its dated. The bottom line though is this: anyone can become a homosexual; no one has to become or remain one. If genetics play a role, it is not a determinative causal role. In other words, regardless of any genetic "pre-disposition" no one will become a homoseuxal without the necessary, facilitating environmental conditions. But another way: physiological conditions (in utero, genetic, etc.) are necessary but not sufficient to explain male homosexuality.

Female homosexualit is an entirely different phenomenon and has mostly to do with rejection by important male figures (usually the father or a father figure) in important, formative phases of a girl's development. Also, much of female homosexuality is nothing more than sexual experimentation.

Jordan

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
And few have anything to do with genetics. Genetics and Biology are opined to affect thought process but are NOT conclusive.

Fully 40% of those studies deal 'directly' with genetics. Genetic and Biological evidence, as shown by these studies (and countless more) certainly is supportive of sexual orientation being influenced by not only environmental factors, but also by genetic and biological factors...and likely others.

And scientists gave us global warming as well.......

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Those studies and hundreds more merely suggest the possibility.

They do more than that. They 'support' the likelihood. And like 'all' scientific research, they gather data systematically to add to the body of scientific knowledge regarding the nature and properties of things in our world. In this instance, it's human sexual orientation and it's development and determinants.

Your verbatim statement was "Genetics and Biology is not a factor and no study has supported this"...and 'that' statement is patently false.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 12344mag

And scientists gave us global warming as well.......

And liners accelerators, and spaceships that can land on other planets, and controlled nuclear fission, and handheld devices with which you can access global information immediately through the airwaves, and countless other innovations that make all of our lives infinitely better on a daily basis.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by RJY66

Well in that case, I suppose the Soviet Union is a cautionary tale of what happens when Marxist have the power.

Fixed it for you.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
There's a difference between science for discovery and science with an ulterior motive.

When there is an ulterior motive true science rarely wins.

Truth be known the only part that bothers me is the in your face schit and the dishonesty that accompanies. Ya wanna be a rump ranger go ahead, not my business, but when you want to shove it in my face indoctrinate my kids in the name of tolerance it becomes my business period.

Paul

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 12344mag
but when you want to shove it in my face indoctrinate my kids in the name of tolerance it becomes my business period.

I'm sure they can't help it, they were born that way. crazy

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Da Homo's had better start thinking about buddying up to us Christians as we'll be the only ones to save their asses from the Muzzies!

Muzzies kill'em every day of the week.

Paul

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by bea175
Originally Posted by seal_billy
Originally Posted by ltppowell
If my wife dies before me, I'm gonna be gay.

I like to fish and hunt. I like old trucks, motorcyles and jeeps. I don't like long walks on the beach. I own my house outright, I only have $3726.36 on my truck and I will be debt free. I have a great sense of humor and like having fun. I'm 42 y.o. I'm 5'10" with redish brown hair, hazel eyes and am built like a brick $hithouse.

PM ME!

You will be getting Email from Gunner real soon, wanting to know where to meet

SHHHHHH! I'm already meeting Dirtfarmer for lunch tomorrow. blush

Trump Won!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by bea175

I like to fish and hunt. I like old trucks, motorcyles and jeeps. I don't like long walks on the beach. I own my house outright, I only have $3726.36 on my truck and I will be debt free. I have a great sense of humor and like having fun. I'm 42 y.o. I'm 5'10" with redish brown hair, hazel eyes and am built like a brick $hithouse.

PM ME!

You will be getting Email from Gunner real soon, wanting to know where to meet

SHHHHHH! I'm already meeting Dirtfarmer for lunch tomorrow. blush

Damn..........

Paul

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
laugh, It's gonna be grand. lmao........................

Trump Won!
V
V

"Against stupidity, the gods themselves say, aww, 'fuvck it'"

Schadenfreude: “Tastes great! Less filling!”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

PM ME!

Dogs okay?

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Megyn Kelly on Foxy news says that the owner of the Pizza place the gay mafia shut down in Indiana has received $380,000 in donations from a go fund me account.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Only if they retreive to hand and have good manners in a blind or boat. Lmao, I knew you would play.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (12344mag, 16Racing, 1234, 1badf350, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 61 invisible), 2,694 guests, and 1,265 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,297
Posts18,525,851
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.