Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ldholton
I'm not so sure how great this law will be . Now think about some of the really "bright" people you see on gun shops and gun shows .
Think if they can buy it they can carry it open or concealed . No classes , no training , no nothing more than buying it . Personaly I see s lot of room for problems for , nit wits , want to be bass asses , and just flat out people packing that have no business doing do

Liberal, much?

LOL
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm not so sure how great this law will be . Now think about some of the really "bright" people you see on gun shops and gun shows .
Think if they can buy it they can carry it open or concealed . No classes , no training , no nothing more than buying it . Personaly I see s lot of room for problems for , nit wits , want to be bass asses , and just flat out people packing that have no business doing do

Yes, everyone should be tightly controlled based on the lowest common denominator.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Fireball2

Liberal, much?

Not at all, he just believes in people with training being allowed to possess arms. He supports professionals like this guy.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

that is a possibility, but do you really think that will be the result?

and also, is the solution to have more laws and govt oversight in peoples lives?
i.e. they tell us what we can and can't do to protect us from ourselves?

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Compare your statement with the RIGHT enshrined below.

Originally Posted by U.S. Constitution
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

It is not the RIGHT that needs rethinking, but your position if it is not in line with it. Consider that.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
IC B2

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K

The other five states havent had any problems like you describe? Are Kansas people worse?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Spit it out ldhlton, it's Kool-Aid. Now stick your finger down your throat and puke up what you've swallowed. You're too "bright" for your own good. Pay attention, it's half the game. Where, in any of the states this is legal, has there been a problem such as you have described?

I can't hear the sound of crickets chirping, but I remember what they sound like.

How many obama supporters does it take to change a light bulb? None, they prefer to remain in the dark.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

George Bernard Shaw

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Have you even read the New law and how it compares to existing laws, or are you just regurgitating what you have read/heard on CNN, MSNBS, NPR, GOA and the Like?

Your comments indicate that you have not and you have No idea what the hell you are talking about.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
I was mostly thinking aloud, as to this could have some downsides to it . Pretty sure I am seeing some of those that are a bit "out there" that wonder the gunshows and shops. Someone show me where I said I was against it.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Under what your stating here do you think convicted felons should be able to carry ? After all they were bad that still an infringement ??

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Under what your stating here do you think convicted felons should be able to carry ? After all they were bad that still an infringement ??

I think the same way you feel. Only police officers and military personnel who have been convicted of felonies should be allowed to be in possession of firearms, same as now.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

If a man or woman cannot be trusted with a full slate of rights, then they ought not be allowed on the streets.

Read those 27 words again, and keep going until it sinks in.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by 4ager

If a man or woman cannot be trusted with a full slate of rights, then they ought not be allowed on the streets.

But fact is there are lots of people on the streets that shouldn't be . And you belive that anyone "one the streets" should be aloud to carry a firearm open or concealed ?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

But fact is there are lots of people on the streets that shouldn't be . And you belive that anyone "one the streets" should be aloud to carry a firearm open or concealed ?

Use the 43 times more likely argument ld, that will bring them around to our side.

I think police should be able to randmomly inspect homes to make sure everything is on the level, just like you do.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Trust me you stupid [bleep] , twerp we are not on the same side of anything

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I was mostly thinking aloud, as to this could have some downsides to it . Pretty sure I am seeing some of those that are a bit "out there" that wonder the gunshows and shops. Someone show me where I said I was against it.

People being free has downsides to it. This one is a stupidly easy one to fix in that any state could easily offer gun safety mini-courses in their schools from middle school on up. 10 or 20 years down the road you're going to have a firearm knowledgeable and safe population. Let the stupid libs opt out of it.

I'm at far more risk of dying from people that the state knowingly licenses even after significant training to drive than I am from a population of people carrying concealed handguns.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Trust me you stupid [bleep] , twerp we are not on the same side of anything

Oh really? You don't want people to be able to possess firearms without proving themselves as worthy to a government agency do you?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I stand firmly with the words of the Constitution. More freedom is never a bad thing, and if you think that "bad people" don't already carry when otherwise breaking the law, you're delusional.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Not saying you should back off your (and my) belive in the constitution , but you know as well as I do thier are some people that with out atleast a little gun education , should not carry a gun open or concealed. Their are some that carrying would put them in more danger than not . ie. Bad guy takes gun away and shoots person and others with. Can that happen to anyone ? Why yes , but more so with un - under trained. I own private range and have volunteered many hours and $$ to help people who otherwise couldn't get ccw . and more hours trading and shooting than law here even calls for. Just thing now in KC KS. Any 21yo can buy a pistol drop it in his/her pocket and head out

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No, I don't know that. The Constitution is very plain in it's meaning.

Any 21 year old, or 82 year old, or whomever could do the same yesterday. The difference today is that the Constitution is honored and that them doing so is no longer a crime. I'll stand with that every day over any alternative.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

607 members (257Bob, 257 mag, 257_X_50, 160user, 163bc, 2500HD, 58 invisible), 2,402 guests, and 1,192 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,786
Posts18,477,223
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.