Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Bruzer Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
This seems the correct forum to post this as it seems to be asked on almost EVERY Rifle thread.

Is this Classified so full of Mountain Goat and Sheep Hunter's that this becomes a concern?

I'm just curious so don't take the question as an "attack" of any sort. I only Hunt the foothills of the Appalachian's which tend to be an Up and Down affair but I'm usually carrying my 9lb Rifle...At least one of my kids 9-10lb Rifles as well as the 55-90lb kid.

I'm no picture of health at 6'2" 340lbs and 46 years old. I used to play Center and MLB for the Georgia Tech Yellowjackets many moons ago and benched over 400 and squatted 700lbs (only played one Spring and Summer before being recruited by DOD as a "Private Contractor"

I've owned and Sold on here several Ti's in 7/08 and LVSFs in Ti Stocks in the same caliber for double what I paid. I know at leas one of these was to a Gentleman going to both New Zealand and Alaska an NEEDED a lightweight rig.

I'm just curious...Why 1-3lbs is such an issue for so many....What say you?

Bruz
"You can't scare me.........I have kids"

GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
one and a quarter

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
If you want to carry less weight in the woods put the fkin donuts down.
I chit the difference in weight between a 700 and a Montana.
Its just something for gearheads to brag about...like how b1tches and karat size of diamonds.
To dense to grasp quality over weight.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Its like geeks and processor speed, giga this and terra that.

Meaningless really.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by ringworm
Its just something for gearheads to brag about...like how b1tches and karat size of diamonds.

Compelling

As I've said before strap on a pair of 10 pound boots and walk up a mountain, then get back to me.

If your hunting revolves around sitting on your ass, I can see where rifle weight/balance ain't a concern.

I also don't use a sling and carried weight makes a difference.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
In regard to the classifieds, an accurate weight is just part of a good description. People have preferences. One person may not care about the weight...having the weight listed won't bother them at all. Another wants to know exactly... List the weight to accurately describe the rifle.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Sounds like some are weighted down by egos.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
That has become a running joke between my son and I. Started in the campfire classifieds...
(Dad)---I got some extra 55 gr bullets you need them?
(Son). How much they weigh....

N
NTG Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Well for some money isn't a limit. Some get easily bored and want something new.

Me I started shooting 130s instead of 150s as a weight saving venture. YMMV. LOL!

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Robert,

You want to hunt Minnesota? I've got a very arthritic foot and someone to tote me out to the deer stand would be a real good hunting buddy. The rifle I'm planning on using this year is 10-11 lbs. I only carry two for the magazine and two in my pocket

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
In regard to the classifieds, an accurate weight is just part of a good description. People have preferences. One person may not care about the weight...having the weight listed won't bother them at all. Another wants to know exactly... List the weight to accurately describe the rifle.

Yep. Same with picts, LOP, etc.
I'm not quite sure why people cannot embrace this. smile

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Weight is pretty much all thats left in "new and improved". Everything seems to have a MOA guarantee, we've got all the wiz bang magnums, $300 rifles are everywhere.

Question is: What's next?

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Great post and question and more standard questions can be included like, how does it shoot, what is the trigger pull and anything else that can be asked will be asked and most likely from someone that has absolutely no intention of buying or making an offer. If they were inclined to purchase a like item, they would have done their own research to make themselves an informed buyer.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ken158
If they were inclined to purchase a like item, they would have done their own research to make themselves an informed buyer.

Or quite possibly they ARE doing their own research.........

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by ringworm

Compelling

As I've said before strap on a pair of 10 pound boots and walk up a mountain, then get back to me.

If your hunting revolves around sitting on your ass, I can see where rifle weight/balance ain't a concern.

I also don't use a sling and carried weight makes a difference.

Well, we don't all have an ego as large as yours to haul around either.
I assure you...no matter what your recreation...I have humped more gear, further, longer, in worse conditions and for less reward than your slob POG azz ever will.
We didnt call them Forced Marches because we fkin enjoyed them.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
This one is just right!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

It weigh's -.01 lbs and free floats!!! (However I had to adjust things to post it, because this site asked for a "non-floating" image.

Delight to carry! You just don't want to set it down to pee....,

DMc

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
First let me say I am 5'7". When I was young I weighed 160 and carried an eleven pound rifle. Now I am old and fret about the difference of a few ounces. There is no way I would buy a rifle that weighs 7 1/2 pounds before the scope is installed. My newest is about 6 1/2 pounds and might take a back seat to the other one that weighs about one pound less.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
why is outrageous to want to know ALL aspects about a rifle that you can not touch before you say the majic words. Especally one that is a custom or semi custom

Double_D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You can't inquire unless you are going to buy it. Its like passing a bill without reading it. Things just work out better that way.

Bruzer Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I really wasn't trying to start an argument.

I really wanted to know what the weight meant to most hunters....Balance on the other hand is more important to me but unfortunately can only be determined once in my hand (Revolvers,knives and Pistols) or hands with Shotguns,Rifles.

Thanks,

Robert

Bruz
"You can't scare me.........I have kids"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

103 members (10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 44automag, 99Ozarks, 673, 16 invisible), 1,631 guests, and 995 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,484
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.