Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
D
Daveman Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
D
I'm torn. I found a new, no-frills AR for a very reasonable price, and I have funds available to purchase it. The problem is that I have an SKS, which is an absolute blast to shoot, plus a couple of semi-auto .22 rimfires, so I certainly do not need it (I know, need has nothing to do with a rifle purchase.) On the other hand, I've shot several of my friends' ARs, and they are fun to shoot, plus ammo is widely available, not to mention that AR's are the consummate American rifle. I tend to be more of an accuracy nut and a bolt-action guy. I'm tempted to buy it simply because it drives Hillary and the libtards crazy that Americans can do so. Am I the only person who does NOT own an AR now? The gun mags sure make it seem that way.

GB1

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
"I'm tempted to buy it simply because it drives Hillary and the libtards crazy that Americans can do so. "

Yes you should for the sake of a new toy as well you answered your question...

Good Shooting!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Daveman
Am I the only person who does NOT own an AR now? The gun mags sure make it seem that way.

Don't own one, never will...

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Daveman,

You might be surprised at how well a "no-frills" AR-15 shoots.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
If you like your SKS I think you'll really like an AR-15. As JB says, they tend to shoot well. They're easy to customize and ammunition is both available and fairly cheap.

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
And they are a far better hunting rifle than the left would have you believe.

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
I'm torn. I found a new, no-frills AR for a very reasonable price, and I have funds available to purchase it. The problem is that I have an SKS, which is an absolute blast to shoot, plus a couple of semi-auto .22 rimfires, so I certainly do not need it (I know, need has nothing to do with a rifle purchase.) On the other hand, I've shot several of my friends' ARs, and they are fun to shoot, plus ammo is widely available, not to mention that AR's are the consummate American rifle. I tend to be more of an accuracy nut and a bolt-action guy. I'm tempted to buy it simply because it drives Hillary and the libtards crazy that Americans can do so. Am I the only person who does NOT own an AR now? The gun mags sure make it seem that way.

Of course you should get an AR!

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Get one.. And if you're an accuracy nut, you can easily twist a real bughole shooter up all by yourself.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'd been around them for years, but never took them seriously. I built my first one and hated it so much that I've put three more together in the past year. There isn't a whole lot I couldn't do with one and few things are more fun. I'll never be without several in the safe again.....

Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Suck bullets simply suck.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
They are a great little rifle... Reasonably accurate, easy to handload for, easy to clean, and politically incorrect to the nth degree.

IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
You should get one......for each person in the house.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
"Am I the only person who does NOT own an AR now?"

No, you are not. I have shot several thousand rounds through an M4, and have no interest in owning one, or an AR.

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Am I the only person who does NOT own an AR now?

No.

I don't have much use for them.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have one, but for casual shooting I enjoy my Garands much more.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
No, I don't own an AR-15 or any other semi-automatic centerfire rifle. I'm a retiree and a reloader, so chasing and losing brass that flies hither, thither and wherever is just too much fuss and pain for me. If I were a rural resident, an AR-15's combat capabilities might make it desirable household equipment.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I have a Bushmaster CMP which I bought for High Power shooting just as the dark side was taking over. Enjoyed it, made Master and loved watching those 80 grain Sierras go into the ten ring at 600 yards. Purchased a 16 inch upper and carried it around the farm a couple of times, but find other firearms more suitable for handling incidental targets.

Everyday ground hogs, crows and 'yotes are handled by by my CZ .22 Magnum, longer ranged critters with a Remington 700 .223. The AR system shoots well but is not the firearm I like to just "hang" with. Traditionalist?

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I carried the mil version in Iraq, and due to some unique rules there I had to carry it on my person all the time unless PTing or showering. I had to take that [bleep] thing to meals, and I had to have it physically on my person, in my lap or across my chest, while I ate. Of course I had to memorize the serial number, take it to the restroom, blah blah blah. But what I hated most was eating with it across my chest.

I don't have an AR. I may get one someday.

If I were to get an AR I would check out Noveske or Wilson Combat.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm tempted to buy it simply because it drives Hillary and the libtards crazy that Americans can do so.

The reason I bought one was a black big middle finger to Emperor O'Malley of Maryland. I shot the M-4 in the service, and shot it very well, but for the hunting I do it's not something I need. Heck, I even bought a couple 30 round magazines in PA to makes sure the (former governor and presidential hopeful (God help us))knew how little respect I had for his totalitarian regime.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter

I own a Noveske Thunder Ranch.

The accuracy will drive you crazy. There is no way on earth that a semi-auto should shoot so danged well.

Yes, you absolutely need an AR-15.

Steve

"God Loves Each Of Us As If There Were Only One Of Us"
Saint Augustine of Hippo - AD 397

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
I have fooled considerably with both Noveskes and Wilsons. Both will outshoot most shooters--but even my "no-frills" Bushmaster shoots accurately enough for prairie dogs at 300+ yards.

They are also useful for coyote and feral pig hunting.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (12344mag, 1234, 06hunter59, 1936M71, 160user, 1minute, 58 invisible), 2,508 guests, and 1,428 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,175
Posts18,484,632
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.