Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I missed this the first time around???? I think you are doing the right thing, the deck is stacked pretty heavily against the kid at this point but he does need to learn a lesson on stealing. Maybe make him clean up during half his shooting time.

There is no doubt the kid needs guidance and God put him there for you. Like I've told you before, you're a good man, you'll know what to do.

How are you doing for ammo this year?

Last edited by 12344mag; 04/21/15.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How bout posting up some pics.. I'd like to see what you have going on for the kids.

Geo

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

G
gemby58 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by 12344mag
I missed this the first time around???? I think you are doing the right thing, the deck is stacked pretty heavily against the kid at this point but he does need to learn a lesson on stealing. Maybe make him clean up during half his shooting time.

There is no doubt the kid needs guidance and God put him there for you. Like I've told you before, you're a good man, you'll know what to do.

How are you doing for ammo this year?

No problem getting ammo, have 22 cases in my gun room right now, good to go there. Cleaned out the bullets traps on sunday, and melted that lead and what I had in a buckets from clean ups before and got 415.2 pounds of lead. With 40gr bullets that's around 72,625 rounds since I started it

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
Originally Posted by deflave

I have a placard over the fireplace that reads "Snitches lie in Ditches."

Travis

The correct quote is, 'snitches get stitches and end up in ditches'.

the miserable sons of witches..

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Gemby, you've undertaken a remarkable project and certainly a respectable goal.

Sounds you've come to a sensible conclusion and plan. Best of luck to you, and hope for the young kid he eventually nets a positive experience from this misadventure. Guidance and forgiveness go a long way. The dad I've no empathy for, but the kid, while he may have some odds against him one just never knows, there may be a fine human being in there struggling to get out. And if time proves the opposite, can 'em.

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gemby58
This was going to happen sooner or later, I just felt it. I run a youth shooting club here in pa for 87 youths ages 6 through 16. Well the other day I caught one of the youth stealing 22 ammo. It was not a lot but it was stealing.
After sitting him down and talking to him he told me his dad put him up to it. Have no clue why a parent would tell the kids to steal for them. Its not the ammo it's what how it happen that pisses me off. If the dad wanted 22's for at home all he had to do is ask and I would have sold it to him.
The club is free to join, they get to shoot inside my 100 yard pole build that I built for my own shooting needs. I charge $5.00 each time for them to shoot 100 rounds which I think is fair as the price of 22's now days. Then have concrete pads to shoot off of and also 3 benches. Have 5 over sized 22 traps that I had my son make and weld out of 1/2" steel.
The question is what should I do with this kid. He never gave me any problems in the past that I know of, he might have been stealing from me for some time now I dont know. Should I leave him continue to shoot and watch his closely or just kick him out?
I started this 5 years ago to give kids something to do other than playing video games, and doing thing they shouldn't be doing, like one of my shooters just the other day got caught and arrested with 10 pounds of weed. I'm at a rock and a hard place here.

Keep the kid on, bust his pop's windpipe. Due diligence required.

I don't have a bunch on hand, but I'm sure I could contribute a bulk pack if needed, let me know.

Last edited by kciH; 04/21/15.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." TJ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing". EB

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by gemby58
I have talked to the dad, he didn't say a word when his son ratted him out, just grabbed his son up and left. The boy is 11. His parents aren't model parents, dad was in jail for beating the mom up, DUI 3 times and who knows what else. This is why I started the club for kids had a place to come and learn to shoot, hang out with others, and most of all stay out of trouble.

I'm liking this family more by the minute.

Travis

L O L, You remind me of this song...

Is one of your names "Dan" ??

If he only said GFY at the end I would know for sure...

Old Fishermen never die, we just get reel tired.

May you build a ladder to the stars
and climb on every rung.
May you stay......Forever young
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Not every time BART; There's always a [FLOATER] here and there'
WILL

DON'T SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF:......IT'S ALL SMALL STUFF!
D@MN; I miss my meds.
THE WINDS OF TYRANNY HAVE SHIFTED. BETTER TIMES AHEAD.
G
gemby58 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G

[/quote]

Keep the kid on, bust his pop's windpipe. Due diligence required.

I don't have a bunch on hand, but I'm sure I could contribute a bulk pack if needed, let me know. [/quote]

Thanks for the offer. Don't have problems getting 22's. Only problem is the price it has gone sky high in the past 7 years. Might have to start charging more for the kids to shoot. Use what you wanted to donate to our program to a kid in your area that would like to shoot. Thanks for the kind offer.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I hope your decision to let the kid stay on turns out to be correct.

If so.... you will have beaten the odds in deals like this.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Put the kid to work until he's even with what he steals. Make it fun but still get the point across.

"I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man." --Robert Duvall.
"Fill your hand, you son-of-a-bitch!" --John Wayne.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd talk to the kid, see if he knows how much he took, give him the option to do some chores or something to pay for what was taken, then he can resume shooting once you are made whole again.

Keep an eye on him and try to teach him to be a man.

You may be the only good influence he will ever have.

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i'd invite the kid with the 10 lbs of weed to shoot every day

G
gemby58 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by rem141r
i'd invite the kid with the 10 lbs of weed to shoot every day

He's in jail now and would say for a few years to come.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You said you have more kids than you can keep track of off the firing line and you have one kid that stole ammo and you don't know how much of for how long and you are charging a fee. You have maybe too much going on with this very admirable enterprise. You might think about a consult with a lawyer to sketch out possible outcomes if things go south. I hope you find a way to carry on, you are definitely riding the high country.

G
gemby58 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by 5thShock
You said you have more kids than you can keep track of off the firing line and you have one kid that stole ammo and you don't know how much of for how long and you are charging a fee. You have maybe too much going on with this very admirable enterprise. You might think about a consult with a lawyer to sketch out possible outcomes if things go south. I hope you find a way to carry on, you are definitely riding the high country.

We keep track of the kids on he firing line, there well attended too. Its the ones that are waiting to shoot and got done shooting that we don't keep a eye on. But I have a few friends that are willing to help out. I would say 99.9% of the kids stay inline. Like my heading says<<<< It was going to happen

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
More power to ya.

G
gemby58 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
Everything went well tonight at the shoot. We had 42 shooters tonight. The kid in question came up to me and said he was sorry for what he did. I told him he just became a bigger person for being able to live up to what he did. He also told me that his dad told him if he didn't take the 22's that he was going to get his azz beat when he got home.

I believe the kid, sure wish I could have the old mans azz arrested. Well wont have to deal with him anymore and if he shows up I will have him arrested. Got a few new staff member on board tonight to help out and all went well.

Still want to thank all that wanted to donate to the club. I just rather you use it for kids in your area, I got this club covered for now.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
2 out of 87 is fricking awesome. Keep up the good work.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
G
gemby58 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
It wasn't a full house tonight for some reason, maybe because of the weather. Did hear someone say something about open house at the middle school tonight.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

512 members (12344mag, 160user, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 51 invisible), 1,956 guests, and 1,221 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,755
Posts18,495,459
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.