Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Seriously thinking of buying a tandem fishing kayak for lake fishing. Was gonna get a Nucanoe, but on second thought I think its a tad small. Anyone have a favorite, 14-16' tandem fishing kayak? I want something big. Would like to put a small Honda outboard on it. TIA.

Jordan

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Outboard equals "don't use a kayak".

Control, weight distribution and capsize will ALL be problems.

Square stern canoe, maybe?

Scott
*kayak angler since 1994

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A craft made expressly for that is the Gheenoe. Unfortunately, they're made in Florida, and I don't see any Calif. dealers.

But check out the product HERE

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RobJordan
Seriously thinking of buying a tandem fishing kayak for lake fishing.

Tandem kayaks are recipe for banging rods together and at least one person being bored and wanting to fish elsewhere, even "over there" I'd go with two kayaks. You can always fish together.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL might be a good choice. Big, stable and still paddles pretty well. I have 5 kayaks, this is my only double. Fishing, at least with spinning rods, is easy enough, tho' 2 fly rods might be sticky.
No experience with the motorized kayak concept, but Native Watercraft might have a solution. They are heavy for their size, but well built. Their kayaks are more of a hybrid canoe.

Imagine your grave on a windy winter night. You've been dead for 70 years.
It's been 50 since a visitor last paused at your tombstone.....
Now explain why you're in a pissy mood today.
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Thanks guys.

Jordan

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
I'd then go with a square back canoe. Mine is 14 feet. Uses a 2.5 Susie and also has a trolling motor. Stable enough to stand all day.

It's a source of great pride to my family that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Dan:

What make and model of Kayak do you have please?

Jordan

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Rob, it's a canoe. Squareback. Not a Kayak. My kayak is a field and stream eagle talon. No motor on it. The canoe has the Suzuki and trolling motor.

It's a source of great pride to my family that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Seriously thinking of buying a tandem fishing kayak for lake fishing. Was gonna get a Nucanoe, but on second thought I think its a tad small. Anyone have a favorite, 14-16' tandem fishing kayak? I want something big. Would like to put a small Honda outboard on it. TIA.

Jordan

Funny...... I never figured you for a guy who goes seeking ways to complicate his life. grin

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by curdog4570

Jordan

Funny...... I never figured you for a guy who goes seeking ways to complicate his life. grin

You have no idea. blush

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Jordan

I did a couple small boats while in CA, then bit the bullet and bought a bass boat to fish the Delta. More trouble to haul around but a lot more usable. Especially to cover larger bodies of water.

Depending on where you are going, check if there is any skiing allowed, which will mean wakeboard boats and big wakes. Those aren't much fun in a really small boat.

Some of the inflatable pontoon boats easily accept motors. But note treble hooks and "inflatable" do not go together grin

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
One of the best things going, is the LEHR propane outboard. Buddy has a 2.5 HP, and a one pound cylinder runs it all day long. He uses it on a Geheenoe square back.

http://www.westmarine.com/buy/lehr--2-5hp-propane-powered-outboard-engine-short-shaft--13498993

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This merits consideration as the wierdest thread title so far this year.

I thought it was one of those spam messages from India that made it thru Rick's filter.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

606 members (12344mag, 16gage, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 160user, 10gaugeman, 72 invisible), 2,723 guests, and 1,342 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,070
Posts18,501,473
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.