Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by NH K9
I suspect you would take offense if I made a statement about "all" citizens being "x". You can justify your statemet, I hope, or you're simply talking schit.

George

I can finish that statement for you. "All citizens are lawbreakers." Due to the fact that we are all overly burdened with laws regulating every aspect of our lives, it is impossible to live one's life without breaking some law. What's allowed in one state/city etc is against the law in another. The gov't just looks at the citizenry as just a revenue source, be it taxes on income, expenditures, fees to drive, tolls, permits to make an improvement on your house, or tickets on those going faster than some arbitrary speed limit or who happen to have a frickin bulb go out on their tail light. In NY I can't legally give or sell you a box of ammo. As a result, we are all lawbreakers at some time. It's all getting much too much. Freedom is now just some PR buzz word. There are so little rights that are valued or being protected or respected, it's all just a big joke on us.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by cooper57m
I suspect you would take offense if I made a statement about "all" citizens being "x". You can justify your statemet, I hope, or you're simply talking schit.

George

I can finish that statement for you. "All citizens are lawbreakers." Due to the fact that we are all overly burdened with laws regulating every aspect of our lives, it is impossible to live one's life without breaking some law. What's allowed in one state/city etc is against the law in another. The gov't just looks at the citizenry as just a revenue source, be it taxes on income, expenditures, fees to drive, tolls, permits to make an improvement on your house, or tickets on those going faster than some arbitrary speed limit or who happen to have a frickin bulb go out on their tail light. In NY I can't legally give or sell you a box of ammo. As a result, we are all lawbreakers at some time. It's all getting much too much. Freedom is now just some PR buzz word. There are so little rights that are valued or being protected or respected, it's all just a big joke on us.

You live in NY. You sold your freedom out long ago for a price only you can name, along with most of the rest in that state.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
You can make your own statement in that regard, but you're not making it for me.

I am a citizen, so I'm along for the ride like everyone else. Still waiting on a justification the blanket hypocrite statement.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by ltppowell
That was a classic interdiction stop, just slower than usual, because the cop doing the talking was obviously being shown the ropes by the other one.

Pat, like my 3- year old grandson says, you need to "CALM DOWN" (hand-gesturing and all), you're obviously out of control on this one! LOL!

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You can make your own statement in that regard, but you're not making it for me.

I am a citizen, so I'm along for the ride like everyone else. Still waiting on a justification the blanket hypocrite statement.

My point is that all cops speed and don't write themselves nor other cops a ticket. That is the true definition of hypocrisy. Traffic cops are useless.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
IC B2

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I've never given a cop a warning that I haven't given to a member of the general public. In fact, I've given a warning to a kid for twice the posted limit.....never had to do that for a cop.

Personally, I don't speed at levels that I stop folks for in my AO. Feel free to generalize, though.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've never given a cop a warning that I haven't given to a member of the general public. In fact, I've given a warning to a kid for twice the posted limit.....never had to do that for a cop.

Personally, I don't speed at levels that I stop folks for in my AO. Feel free to generalize, though.

Glad to see you are the exception. I stand corrected.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Akbob5
Originally Posted by ltppowell
That was a classic interdiction stop, just slower than usual, because the cop doing the talking was obviously being shown the ropes by the other one.

Pat, like my 3- year old grandson says, you need to "CALM DOWN" (hand-gesturing and all), you're obviously out of control on this one! LOL!

Sorry. I sometimes forget that a lot of our posters are not as advanced as you grandson. smile

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

Glad to see you are the exception. I stand corrected.

http://m.wmur.com/news/middleton-police-officer-arrested-on-suspicion-of-dwi/32800146

I'm not the exception.......I know all the players in this case. Those jurisdictions border each other.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hardass.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B3

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I got hard after some damn Whiteshirt called me a Hereford Herder grin

I'm too busy stopping syrup thieves to focus on much if anything.......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Holstein herder. Get it right.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I live in Alachua county, and the deputies are truly as anal as the video showed. Hell, our Sheriff is an anti gun dyke uber liberal, and she wants cops that think like her, on HER force.
I was pulled over a year or so back, because I turned around near a drug interdiction "random" traffic stop.
Did not cooperate, and would not let them look in my car without a warrant. The officer in charge came to the scene, and did not pursue the issue, letting me go. They failed to ask me if I was armed, and I did not volunteer the info.
Had another run in with the ASO, while answering a silent alarm call to a friend's house. I was the key holder. ASO deputy gave me all kinds of chit about his ability to spot a CCW tell. He managed to identify my cell phone as a weapon, then my leatherman. He missed the Browning HP in a behind the back holster, the .38 J frame on my ankle, and the Beretta 9000S in my pocket. laugh
The local Gainesville police are even worse. Highest percentage of female officers, (all dykes) of any department in Florida.

Sam,
Initially, to say I was surprised by your experiences with the Alachua County deputies is an understatement. And, if I were to pick an area of the state I would NOT expect the County gendarmes to exude that kind of behavior, Alachua County would have been one of them.
Then I got to thinkin' .. college town, liberal professors influencing students just old enough to vote into a Feed and Free the world, No guns mentality. Mix in a little Jeb Bush trolling Latino votes in a state college town, sprinkle in a little Rainbow Coalition pushing social conditioning, same sex marriage, it's "for the children" amnesty and free immigration, and .. Voila.
You get dykes patrolling the roadways who think they're the only ones "entitled" to carry firearms, all other 2nd Amendment practitioners being criminals who need to be frisked and disarmed before they shoot someone or accidentally discharge their weapon and hurt someone. Remember, it's for the children.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Can the cop force a CCP holder to remove their gun in this situation?

Last edited by MShuntfish; 05/05/15.

Teach every child you meet the importance of forgiveness. It's our only hope of surviving their wrath once they realize just how badly we've screwed things up for them.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
All they'd have to do is ASK me - I don't need trouble !

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Yes they can ask.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

153 members (450yukon, 375sunrise, 17CalFan, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 22 invisible), 1,744 guests, and 1,043 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,502
Posts18,490,514
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.