Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by WeimsnKs
Kubota ZD21 ( diesel) with the PRO 60" deck. Going on 900hrs. Just about every pivot point has a zerk fitting.
Mower weighs 1200lbs Deck is 345lbs. Very stable when I mow my ditches. I would guess they can be found in the $5-$8k range now depending on hours. If you buy a used one, make sure the belt and blades are good. A new belt is $80 and new blades are $45-60/Set.

How'd I forget Kubota? blush

OP definitely needs to consider them, too.

FC

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
i've had great luck with ferris.Have friend mows yards he has a bad boy that he loves he runs both bad boy and a ferris

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

I LOVE MY COUNTRY IT'S THE GOV'T I FEAR
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I don't know what kinda dinero you're looking to spend, but I just bought a Snapper from these guys O'Connor's Lawn Equipment delivered to my door much cheaper than I could buy anywhere locally and they were as friendly and helpful as you could possibly ask for. Model I bought has a Kawasaki engine and I believe she told me they are built by Ferris.

I've sure been happy with it so far and I bought it for easily a grand less than the local price. I'd be sure whatever brand you get can be serviced locally like the Snapper, but so far it has been a perfect machine. They guarantee the lowest price, have free delivery and they're offering $100 discount on all new residential machines in appreciation of Military Service Men and their families. I thought that was a great gesture by a company and I liked seeing them offer that.

Check out my new website

http://www.howemtnknives.com/
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I don't care for them for lawns. As someone pointed out they are extremely heavy, can you say compaction? Plus most people drive them too fast and the inside rear tire just grinds/ skids up the grass doing turns. IMHO unless you have acres to mow just buy a Sears rider for about $1000 use it for 6-8 years and get another. You can usually sell the old one for a couple of hundred bucks.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've been warned to stay away from consumer grade mowers regardless of brand. Right now I'm running a 60" Commercial Bad Boy(CZT Elite) but my Wife's Uncle who lives within 5 miles of the plant says their employees tell him to stay away from the homeowner versions. Most of the upper end zero turns run the same hydros so your picking engine brand, frame strength and options.
The front mount decks are easier to work on, sharpen blades ect, and the mid-mount are more compact. Take your choice.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Consider finding a local lawn care place and buy a used Exmark. The local (to me) lawn care folks turn over their Exmarks about every two years, a homeowner with a trusty used Exmark would probably have difficulty ever wearing one out.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I have 5 acres with about 3 acres to mow. I bought a Snapper ZTR first and it was done after one year. Bear in mind, I don't get off my mower for nothing. I mow stumps, bricks, and heavy limbs. I bought a Kubota with the 61" Commercial deck. It has 600 hours and I've replaced filters and blades several times. I have a buddy that owns a big mower shop. My blades are $7 ea. Probably his cost.
Oh, Paul changed the hydraulic-hydrostat fluid once.
In my case this was a very wise choice. My neighbor bought a JD the year after mine. He had to buy another this year.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Hustler. Look no further.

"Don't let so much reality into your life that there's no room left for dreaming"
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I have owned 3 ZTR mowers over the last 15 years.I liked my Kubota 326 pro with diesel engine and Ferris ZTR with there independent suspension,great ride on bumpy terrain.Both were stout mowers and very dependable.I would also consider exmark,woods,grasshopper and scag ZTR,s

Last edited by coobie; 05/11/15.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I have had no luck with Cub Cadet Mower or anything bought in a Home Depot or Lowes for that matter. Plan on buying a bit of acreage when I retire I will bite the bullet and buy a commercial zero turn and the brand depends on if they are sold and serviced locally.

IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
http://www.landpride.com/products/555/zt3-series-zero-turn-mowers

This is what I have for the past 3 years. been very happy

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by bea175
Bad Boy

Bad Boy commercial has the thickest deck and rigid frame. Plus the pulleys are wider and deeper which helps in mot throwing a belt if a gum ball, etc gets in them.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
W
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
W
Thanks guys

whelennut

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by blanket
http://www.landpride.com/products/555/zt3-series-zero-turn-mowers

This is what I have for the past 3 years. been very happy

A buddy was an engineer there, said he wouldn't but one and they were writing his pay check. He is now at Hustler and gives them good reviews. Turns into ford versus chevy. smile

Last edited by Cheesy; 05/11/15.
W
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
W
I have always been told that the Toro Z Master is the king of zero turn mowers.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
WE have a Cub Cadet 0 turn, with levers. Wanted the steering wheel type, could not find one. Happy with the one we have, Kawasaki engine, great traction - I can mow my ditches that I would never have gone into on my old Sear lawn tractor. Seat is not comfortable, though, kills my back to ride it very long.

W
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
W
My friend likes his Cub Cadet but his was free.
Can I get anything decent for under three grand?

W
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
W
Steelhead,
It is level with lots of trees and takes about four hours to mow with a push mower. It is about 100 yards square I am guessing. I have 40 acres but obviously am not mowing it all. I guess I could.
Lol

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Swisher. American made. Swap out the mulch blades for regular ones.

Dave
O
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
O
Agree++++
Originally Posted by bea175
Bad Boy

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (1234, 2500HD, 10Glocks, 160user, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 72 invisible), 2,143 guests, and 1,241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,784
Posts18,495,971
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.