Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
cs Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Hang in there youngbuck. Don't drink to much and stay away from the junior leaguers. I've been in since spring of '96, and finally graduate in August. College will probably be the funnest part of your life, but don't abuse it. I was on my third strike when I finally got my act together. It took me 4 years to understand that if you go to class and do your work, you make good grades. <BR>Hang in there, its probably worth it.

GB1

T
T
As I entered my jr. year, I too was ready to drop out. You look at your buddies who got jobs out of high school, their cars and all the other goodies. Life sometimes throws you chance curves. Eight weeks into the semester I had a bad car wreck which lied me up for almost a year. At the end of my recovery I was ready to go back! To this day, when I return (I have about 50 credits beyond my MS), I feel like a kid in a candy shop. And guess what, the handle "teacher" is real! My father had an 8th grade education and he pushed all six of us kids into school. I love him for it! My oldest child is about to enter college, and I hope I can find the right words to keep him there when he too wants to drop out.

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
I recall the end of my sophmore year. I had a severe case of the flu. Not the little colds most people call the flu these days. I kept a 103 fever for 3 days. I didn't hardly know whether I was alive or dead. I lost 15 pounds in a week. It took about 4-6 months to feel myself and motivated again. I almost flunked out that semester. My junior year I changed majors buckled down got all A's both semesters and completed a degree in summer school. One year early. Went on and got a dental degree. Now my kids are almost raised. I get to hunt several good places every year. I hunted Africa with my 14 year old son in '99. We will go back and hunt cape buffalo in a year or two. Anything worth having is worth working and waiting for. As Tom Petty says, The waiting is the hardest part. Good luck. "D" Hunter

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
It's a good simulation of what you can expect in life (in general terms- work ethic, rewards, authority, unfairness etc. etc ). That's why lots of employers want college grads regardless of your major!

cavey
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (1badf350, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 1911a1, 10Glocks, 68 invisible), 2,715 guests, and 1,300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,724
Posts18,514,268
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.