-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
We did it all yesterday. Had the gas grill going for burgers, dogs and chicken breasts. Had the charcoal grill going, smoking ribs. This is the first time I have ever smoked ribs before, and it was AMAZING! I used one of the $50 Walfart charbroil grills...ya know, the smaller barrel type deal?

Did charcoal on one side, with a drip pan full of Apple Juice on the other. Then, I had apple wood chips, soaked in Apple juice that I put inside my smoker box right on top of the charcoal.

5 hours of low and slow...temp got a little high, so they were done before I wanted them to be. I did 3-1-1, with sauce on the last hour.

The rub that I used was pretty much a conglomeration of many that I have seen people talk about...

The ingredients were (though I have NO idea how much of each):
Brown sugar
salt (very little)
cayenne pepper (maybe a bit too much, but it was good)
fresh cracked black pepper
garlic powder
onion powder
cumin
McCormick's Smokehouse maple
paprika

All rubbed on the night before and left to rest.

The atomic buffalo turds were great! I let the cream cheese get very soft, and then I mixed onion powder, garlic powder and Smoked Chipotle Tabasco sauce into it. I then scooped that into the cleaned out jalapenos and put them on the grill...after wrapping them in bacon.

I'd say that for my first time ever really smoking anything, the food turned out darn good. The smoke ring on the ribs was great, and you could really get the smokey flavor.

Plus...nothing beats sitting outside, having some beers while the family is all inside.

Made Dad's macaroni salad as well. It is by far my favorite in the world, though many will slam me for the ingredients...it has...gasp...MIRACLE WHIP instead of Mayo!

I'd rather have a bad day hunting than a good day working!
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What ?,...... you don't own a camera ? grin

Smoke rings are cool beans till a hillbilly sees one for the first time.

My neighbor asked me how I got it raw on the outside and cooked in the middle . wink

Betcha there weren't any leftovers.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 284LUVR

My neighbor asked me how I got it raw on the outside and cooked in the middle . wink

laugh laugh

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 284LUVR

That there's some funny chit!

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Don't have access to my photo hosting login. I gotta find that.

The only left overs were because we had so much food, and so few people...don't bother me none. I had ribs for lunch!

I'd rather have a bad day hunting than a good day working!
IC B2

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Glad I am not the only person who does not like mayonnaise, much preferring Miracle Whip. Thought it might just be a Canadian thing!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (21, 257Bob, 160user, 257 roberts, 1lessdog, 1_deuce, 55 invisible), 2,550 guests, and 1,226 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,366
Posts18,527,291
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.