-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I had them chamber and barrel a Charter Action in 6.5x284, and never fired it. I am finally getting around to look for a stock for it. After reading thru these threads I am hoping since they did the barrel work that they took care of the "other issues" with the action.

Now you've got me thinking!

Frank D

GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
How much work is required to get these actions up to snuff? I was under the impression that I need only get a barrel fitted, slap a stock and scope on the sucker and go hunting? What's up?

That's all I did with my two. One is a 358winny the other is a 350 Rem Mag. Both are in AI stocks and shoot great.

I did two of my 1999's the same way--as is--and they both look and shoot great in the AI stocks. My third 1999 was bedded into a Winchester classic stock, and it doesn't shoot as well as the AI packages.

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
We, and by we I mean Jon and myself strive on trying to provide the best customer service possible. Now there are times that our hands are tied on particular issues but we still try to get in there and make everything right. For those who have had bad experiences with the company please send me a email so I can look those issues up. Without knowing who you are it makes it difficult to track these issues and resolve them as they should be. I can't sit here and say that I have every answer and that when I do have the answer it will be the one you are looking for but at least give me the chance to check them out. I don't personally answer every email sent to the company. In most cases they are forwarded to the salesman of record and if that person is no longer with the company it goes to the highest ranking salesman to correct. If he doesn't know the answer then I try to do everything I can to answer the question honestly and with the most information possible. We don't have all the answers and don't know everything, but if there is something we don't know we try to find the answer for you.

Dan

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
As mentioned, I don't have a product yet, but I'll put a plug in for Jon F at MRC.

I've communicated with Jon over email several times and he has been very timely in his responses. He's also worked with me, allowing me to make changes, exchanges, etc. I can say to this point, my experience with Jon at MRC has been excellent. I'm looking forward to seeing the final product. I hope it is as good as Jon's communication has been.

I'm going to support them unless it becomes obvious that they won't stand behind their product or that their product isn't worth support. I really like the idea of supporting a smaller US firearms company. I hope they do well. If the barreled actions I recieve are what I'm expecting, I'll probably put an order in for one of the mini's.

JCM

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Dan,
Great to hear that you guys got a new machining company, that ought to get you some better tolerances! I think it's funny how some people got upset about things like the serial number thing. If I recall correct, the machining company has been alot of those problems as well especially in the original actions? If the guy who is upset about not getting a specific # why didn't you just take another # and get your action right away? If its because you wanted that specific # why didn't you just be patient and wait? I did both, I got another action and waited for my original. It was well worth it.

IC B2

J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
I have really enjoyed the rifle that I ordered about 2 years ago. It shoots quite well, everythings works as advertised every time it is used, and I have no complaints. As far as customer service goes, I believe I dealt with jeff and he was very helpful with everything and any questions that I had. I would order another one once the current problems are ironed out.

C
CWG Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
HAHAHAHA
I paid for two LH SS shorts about 7 years ago when Brian first started to succomb to pressures to make them in the first place.
I think it was every bit of four years to get them. I wont even post what I was asked to pay for them.
I waited forever, and its now money in the bank!! They are sitting in my safe while I suffer over figuring out what to do with them.

If you're in a hurry, settle for one of those POS remington 700 actions
Or wait and build something that will still be worth a buck 50 years from now.
Tell Brian I said hi.

Cage-Divorce Deathmatch Survivor and Lib antagonist. Stock maker by sheer luck.
B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
I've been on the waiting list for a Montana 1999 ProHunter action for a while now - mostly because I wanted it in Stainless Steel.

I eventually settled and bought a BRNO 602 / CZ-550 Magnum action in Chrome Moly so I can keep the project moving and the rifle should be done in a few weeks.

I'm still on the waiting list for the ProHunter, but I really hope they come out good - or come out at all I suppose. I've been getting concerned reading some of this stuff and what gunsmiths have been telling me.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

540 members (12344mag, 204guy, 1234, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 48 invisible), 2,363 guests, and 1,145 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,767
Posts18,515,406
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.