Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by RWE
I think "focus on my load" is sig line material.

Yep

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I don't care who won the case or what the attorneys argued. They did that for their own reasons. I would be interested in the truth and facts, something that is unobtainable apparently.

There is no such thing as truth and facts. Truth is always dependent upon perspective and facts are always interpreted according to that perspective. That is reality.

For instance. Is a gun that will open up, but only under excess pressure defective? Who can say? Some would say, that a gun that will open up at all before completely blowing up is defective. Some would say that it isn't the gun but the load. Who is right? Mostly a matter of opinion I would guess. After all, a somewhat excessive load is foreseeable as that even factory ammunition makers sometimes make mistakes. On the other hand, how can a firearms manufacturer be responsible for someone making a bomb instead of a cartridge?

"Truth? What is truth?"

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JoeBob

There is no such thing as truth and facts. Truth is always dependent upon perspective and facts are always interpreted according to that perspective. That is reality.

What BS is that?

Facts interpreted according to perspective...

Sounds like words used to try and convince juries they don't need all the information.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't care who won the case or what the attorneys argued. They did that for their own reasons. I would be interested in the truth and facts, something that is unobtainable apparently.

For instance. Is a gun that will open up, but only under excess pressure defective? Who can say? Some would say, that a gun that will open up at all before completely blowing up is defective. Some would say that it isn't the gun but the load. Who is right? Mostly a matter of opinion I would guess. After all, a somewhat excessive load is foreseeable as that even factory ammunition makers sometimes make mistakes. On the other hand, how can a firearms manufacturer be responsible for someone making a bomb instead of a cartridge?

"Truth? What is truth?"

If you ever want to know what it looks or sounds like when an attorney had run out of rope and lost an argument, this is it.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
[/i][i]
Originally Posted by 4ager

"Truth? What is truth?"

If you ever want to know what it looks or sounds like when an attorney had run out of rope and lost an argument, this is it.

No schatt.... [i]laffin

...and please wipe your feet before exiting the court room!

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Wow just wow!

This was/is meant for joe.Just wow

Last edited by plainsman456; 05/29/15.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

"Truth? What is truth?"

I haven't lost an argument. My point is/was proved. I merely responded to a guy who said he wanted the truth and facts.

Adults realize that truth is highly subjective and that facts are malleable things. Children still live in make believe worlds of their own constructs.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

"Truth? What is truth?"

I haven't lost an argument. My point is/was proved. I merely responded to a guy who said he wanted the truth and facts.

Adults realize that truth is highly subjective and that facts are malleable things. Children still live in make believe worlds of their own constructs.

Petulance doesn't help your case, counselor.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Laffin, next please.

IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Please, children, "Quid est veritas?"

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
LA
WHO
ZIR

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
The truth is subjective to liars.

Q:"Were the loads over pressure" A:(Lie)"They were at max but not over" A:(truth) "I don't know they were never tested"

Facts: Load pressure equal x psi

There you have it truth and facts all in the same post.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

In vino veritas. Reliquum est, credat Judaeus Apella, non ego.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by heavywalker

Q:"Were the loads over pressure" A:(Lie)"They were at max but not over" A:(truth) "I don't know they were never tested"

Nope, according to his data as it was understood by his expert, they were not over. Thus, truth.

"I don't know, they were never tested." Also, truth because one can't be for one hundred percent certain since they weren't tested.

And I'll give you another. For the kind of "truth" you claim to be after, it doesn't matter because there was absolutely no way to determine what the pressure of the actual load that was fired was. That is also the "truth".

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

In vino veritas. Reliquum est, credat Judaeus Apella, non ego.

I hate him.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Nope, according to his data as it was understood by his expert, they were not over. Thus, truth.

"I don't know, they were never tested." Also, truth because one can't be for one hundred percent certain since they weren't tested.

And I'll give you another. For the kind of "truth" you claim to be after, it doesn't matter because there was absolutely no way to determine what the pressure of the actual load that was fired was. That is also the "truth".

His "expert" was disallowed, and easily. I suspect his "expert" is little more than a local gun plumber and such testimony ain't worth a helluva lot. He's asserted they were not over pressure, but his own load data puts them well over book maximum and highly compressed. I.e., he contradicted himself and had no way of knowing what pressure they were at all. T/C didn't test, and you're grasping at straws simply because you have a distinct bias against corporate defendants.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
BS he stated they were not over max, that was a flat out lie to advance his agenda, deflect, and mislead people. He knew it and everyone with a lick of common sense knows it.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

His "expert" was disallowed, and easily. I suspect his "expert" is little more than a local gun plumber and such testimony ain't worth a helluva lot. He's asserted they were not over pressure, but his own load data puts them well over book maximum and highly compressed. I.e., he contradicted himself and had no way of knowing what pressure they were at all. T/C didn't test, and you're grasping at straws simply because you have a distinct bias against corporate defendants.

So, why didn't TC test? That would be a relevant question. Because you can damned well bet that if TC thought those loads were overpressure, they would have tested. Even if they didn't think the gun failed or that any failure was caused by the overpressure, they still would have beaten him over the head with it.

And I'll tell you one more thing. I can guarantee you that they DIDN'T disqualify him for the reason you say. How can I say that? Because you claim that easily found load data puts them at heavily compressed and over max. Frick yeah, I would have let him put on his expert based on software data because then I could have put on my MUCH more prestigious expert who could have testified that based on an EASILY found source that the load was heavily compressed, WAY over max, and thus WAY over pressure. I could have introduced testimony that he was making bombs in his garage WITHOUT EVER taking the risk of ACTUALLY taking one of those loads apart and seeing if it was over pressure.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Brian's Expert

Originally Posted by Brian_Ward

My expert is a gunsmith / firearms maker / customizer. I did not ask if I could post his name online so I will not be doing so. I don’t think he or anyone would want to be a part of the bashing....IMO mainly because people can see past their preconceived notions.

Page 19 of 26 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (01Foreman400, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1234, 10Glocks, 53 invisible), 2,265 guests, and 1,135 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,647
Posts18,493,344
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.