Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
I had no idea what those small planes were doing circling neighborhoods! Like an idiot I thought someone was getting lessons!

Just a heads up!

[Linked Image]

WASHINGTON — The FBI is operating a small air force with scores of low-flying planes across the country carrying video and, at times, cellphone surveillance technology — all hidden behind fictitious companies that are fronts for the government, The Associated Press has learned.

http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/2015/06/fbi_in_the_sky_surveillance_pl.html#incart_river

When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns! (from a 1960's bumper sticker)

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
And that's why we can't own Stinger missiles................

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Big Brother would be so proud. eek

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It says it's for specific investigations, if that's true then I really don't have a problem with it. But why on earth would I believe that's true? The FBI actually teaches classes to LE agencies on how to skirt the law. The government has become hooked on mass surveillance like a heroin addict. The government just has NO credibility on this front.

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
This is the article from a few days ago that spurred the latest AP reporting.

Interesting in that it was a civilian with available technology/website that uncovered the details. Also of note, no local police authorities were notified of the Fed's flight - the radar route tracking is compelling.

http://www.startribune.com/nighttime-flight-circles-low-over-twin-cities-for-hours/305398901/

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Let 'em... I'll paint a middle finger on my roof... WGARA..

From the article: "Allen added that the FBI's planes "are not equipped, designed or used for bulk collection activities or mass surveillance."

Uh huh... Define 'bulk'..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
P H U C K them , I have nothing to hide

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Redneck

From the article: "Allen added that the FBI's planes "are not equipped, designed or used for bulk collection activities or mass surveillance."

It's also of interest that only drones are prohibited from performing missions "for the purpose of monitoring activities protected by the first amendment", but there is no exclusion for the use of manned aircraft for that purpose.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Guys, this is a case of the press making a story and creating worry over nothing. Do they carry cameras and take pics of activity on the ground? Yes. Are they surveilling the general populace looking for suspicious activity? No.

The article leads you to believe they are just flying around video recording everybody and this is not the case. Not yet, anyway. Mostly they're following drug runners.

Don't have to take my word for it, but I'm not concerned with their activities at all.

[Linked Image]

If 2nd amendment rights can be subject to licensing and fees, how was the poll tax unconstitutional?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
" The article leads you to believe they are just flying around video recording everybody and this is not the case. Not yet, anyway. Mostly they're following drug runners. "

here is their flight over the Minneapolis area.
circling a mall for an hour? maybe they were following somebody I guess.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by fluffy; 06/02/15.
IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Fluffy beat me to it.

Last edited by TJAY; 06/02/15.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by fluffy
" The article leads you to believe they are just flying around video recording everybody and this is not the case. Not yet, anyway. Mostly they're following drug runners. "

here is their flight over the Minneapolis area.
circling a mall for an hour? maybe they were following somebody I guess.

[Linked Image]

Rye Daddy is right. As to the circling the mall for an hour, if the target went into the mall, I would bet you that surveillance guys on the ground followed him/her in there and the plane just loafed around up there, waiting for the target to come back out and go somewhere else.

So far as "not collecting bulk data", if they have a wiretap warrant, they would fly that bird around, trying to radio-locate a particular cellphone.

It's not magic, it's not rocket surgery, it's not a conspiracy, it's mobile surveillance of a specific target. Been going on as long as there has been criminals and lawmen. Unfortunately, the Friendly But Ignorant are involved, so you can bet it's FUBAR from the get-go.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
There's no such thing as paranoia it's all true-HST.

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
About 8 years ago, I attended a classified security forum and one of the speakers was an FBI agent who described the surveillance of Robert Hanssen, the former FBI agent who spied for the Russians. This agent was a pilot and he described the aerial surveillance that he conducted flying a Cessna 182. After his talk, I approached him and asked him a few questions and he answered most of them. I live 1 block from Hanssen's former home (his wife still lives there) and he described how the flights were conducted. When I gave him my address, he described my car (maroon station wagon!); he said all vehicles in the neighborhood were inventoried as part of the surveillance.

I guess nothing has changed!

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

for a long time driving down from phx to tucson, i would pass by marana, which was the home of evergreen, during the vietnam days, also the missle silos there too. I always made sure to stick my arm out of the window for a big bird flipped at the sky. Always enjoyed the thought of some russian dink wondering what i was up to. I won't talk about having to stop and take a leak.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by RoninPhx

for a long time driving down from phx to tucson, i would pass by marana, which was the home of evergreen, during the vietnam days, also the missle silos there too. I always made sure to stick my arm out of the window for a big bird flipped at the sky. Always enjoyed the thought of some russian dink wondering what i was up to. I won't talk about having to stop and take a leak.

More than Evergreen, Marina was the home of Intermountain Aviation!!! If you know Intermountain,. I don't have to explain; if you don't, then think of CIA aviation. It was a great training base.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I didn't read the article but the news reported that the planes can act as a fake cell phone tower and every phone within range will connect to it and send its information.

so while they may be targeting an individual they are collecting a boatload of information about everyone around the individual.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
PHX PD has a Pilatus PC12-Spectre in it's inventory. It has been flying 10 mile patterns over Metro Center for the past 6 months.

Day and night, and don't tell me they are just getting flight time in.

Whom the gods wish to destroy they first make mad.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

524 members (10gaugeman, 17Fan, 160user, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 67 invisible), 2,377 guests, and 1,164 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,319
Posts18,487,362
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.