Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
There's a lot to be said for being able to just lock the house and go whenever and wherever you like. Also for not losing sleep while you wait for a teen to get home. Then there's the suddenly lower food bills, the extra room, the parking space, the quiet...

Amen, amen, and AMEN! laugh

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

GB1

D
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
D
There's a lot to be said for being able to just lock the house and go whenever and wherever you like. Also for not losing sleep while you wait for a teen to get home. Then there's the suddenly lower food bills, the extra room, the parking space, the quiet...

It will be so nice to have my parking spaces back for sure. Looked like a used car lot around here for a while!

You're never home anyway--why do you care? laugh

That's true. I'll work on it.

Last edited by dennisinaz; 06/02/15.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bea175
Originally Posted by dennisinaz
Helped my youngest son move into an apartment last night; he is getting married Saturday. My youngest daughter moved to Utah a week ago and is getting married during elk season ( poor thing). My wife says we have to remodel now eek

I have mixed feeling about the whole thing. At least 3 of my grandkids live real close!

Toss your old lady on the bed and make another one .

TFF laugh

Dave

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave
We were never allowed to come back or ask for more money.

Travis

You never spent summers at your parents' home when you were in college? I spent the first two summers living at my parents' home while in college, spent the third at Ft. Bragg at ROTC Advanced Camp.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
One girl gone already and other daughter will be a senior next year.

I'm dreading it already.

Youngest is damn good kid (they both are) and I'm going to miss her badly as we are extremely close.

IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Its a bittersweet experience. Wives usually have the most difficulty coping. Took my wife good part of a year to get used to an empty house.

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It's bittersweet for sure. I liked having my boy around but it was good to see the fruits of labor ripen and watch him make his way in the world just as he was taught.

I imagine it will be the same way with my daughter.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

You forgot lower light bill!

When my boy was showing the wife and I around the house he would turn the light off when we left a room ,I would turn it back on. were done looking at the bedrooms and he turns to go down the hall and says "what the hell", the wife and I burst out laughin' he says "funny guys, real funny".

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wife and I each had 3 kids when we got married 20 years ago, all kinda young. First "alone" time as a couple was about 5 years ago when the last one moved out. It is great to see them, but we love being empty nesters for the first time after starting with 6 kids.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Originally Posted by deflave
We were never allowed to come back or ask for more money.

Travis

You never spent summers at your parents' home when you were in college? I spent the first two summers living at my parents' home while in college, spent the third at Ft. Bragg at ROTC Advanced Camp.

My dad told us if we went to college we would be allowed to stay at home for two years (intermittently if need be)as long as we worked and paid for all our own schit. He also told he would pay for the college tuition.

The thought of reading more books scared me so I started roofing houses.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I went home for a couple weeks after Fort Sill.

Given my vocabulary change, I think Mom was glad I left.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The "lower light bills" aspect does not apply here. It's amazing that my wife can find every switch in the dark, but cannot locate them when she leaves a fully lighted room.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
My daughter told me last week they would put their house up for sale to see if there's any interest. They bought 3 years ago in the low point and now have a bunch of equity. They are looking at a new model in the same area. They listed it on saturday, the first family that looked at it offered full price on sunday.

Looks like we are getting a daughter, SIL, two grandkids and two granddogs, for 6 months while their new house is being built. The grandkids already have their own room here, the daughter gets her old room back

My wife is apprehensive... I'm the easy going one.

Kent

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by krp
My daughter told me last week they would put their house up for sale to see if there's any interest. They bought 3 years ago in the low point and now have a bunch of equity. They are looking at a new model in the same area. They listed it on saturday, the first family that looked at it offered full price on sunday.

Looks like we are getting a daughter, SIL, two grandkids and two granddogs, for 6 months while their new house is being built. The grandkids already have their own room here, the daughter gets her old room back

My wife is apprehensive... I'm the easy going one.

Kent

I'm sure that will go very well.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
It will, the only issue is my wife doesn't like dogs in the house and the two dogs are housedogs.

Kent

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by krp
It will, the only issue is my wife doesn't like dogs in the house and the two dogs are housedogs.

Kent

Sounds like a recipe for success already.

Travis

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Our water bills decreased proportionately as each of our three moved out on their own. Our toilet paper purchases really dropped a bunch as our daughters left.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
The "lower light bills" aspect does not apply here. It's amazing that my wife can find every switch in the dark, but cannot locate them when she leaves a fully lighted room.

Did we marry sisters? laugh

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
One son married and working, one working and about to get married, and one left in college; the wife and I sure hope the dog doesn't run away.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I have one son... and he's really a very responsbile person, never has been an issue... he's in college now, but most of that has been at the local Community College...

he's never been a problem, he's been a joy to have as a parent..

when it is his time to go, I'll miss him greatly...

an idea of heaven to me is raising my son, over and over..

wish it took him 3 years to age one year when he was growing up..

they always want to get older, and I wanted him to get younger again...

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (222ND, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 1_deuce, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 60 invisible), 2,591 guests, and 1,166 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,474
Posts18,529,448
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.