-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Glock 19. Perfect balance of firepower, size, barrel length, bulk, ease of use. Gaston Glock got it right, and the fact that it is the most popular 9mm in the us while being by no means the cheapest shows that it is king for a reason

Psalm 19:14-May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
_
Humble servant of Jesus Christ. Living His plan and praying to show it in name, word, body, and light.
GB1

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S

Wow! Another vote for the M-13...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Fotis
In your opinion what is the best high capacity 9mm pistol?

SIG X-5

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
If my memory serves, the SIG passed every test that the Beretta did, in the military selection testing, but the Beretta got the nod because it is a NATO gun and the Sig isn't.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TBREW401
If my memory serves, the SIG passed every test that the Beretta did, in the military selection testing, but the Beretta got the nod because it is a NATO gun and the Sig isn't.

Actually, Beretta got the nod because they lied about the cost per unit and delivery guarantees and had bought enough Congressional representation to make sure that the deal went through.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
IC B2

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by TBREW401

Actually, Beretta got the nod because they lied about the cost per unit and delivery guarantees and had bought enough Congressional representation to make sure that the deal went through.

Both SIG and Beretta passed the testing and qualified as bidders to be the new M9. There were two bids. The first was for weapons only, and SIG underbid Beretta. In the second bid the weapons and all the extra and misc parts needed were included. Beretta underbid SIG and was declared the winner.

It's alledged that Beretta was tipped off about SIGs second bid price due to the Reagan Administration rewarding Italy for accepting Ground Launched Cruise Missiles being based there.

Appeals by SIG and pistol manufactorers who didn't even qualify started immediately. As did lawsuits and investigations. None of which came to anything. No one ever proved any favortism happened or that GLCM politics were involved in awarding the contract to Beretta.

Personallly I don't think the military is ill served by the Beretta. And I suspect that had the SIG got the contract that there still would have been complaints and issues of unfairness and bias ad nauseum...

And when the miltary needed a pistol smaller than the M9, the SIG P228 was selected as the M11. It's been issued to plainclothes military law enforcement and Naval aviators.

Last edited by idahoguy101; 06/04/15.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I've got a Sig 228 around here somewhere. I haven't carried it in awhile, but it is a sweet shooting pistol. I need to look that one up.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The best of the breed was the H&K P9s...

Fixed barrel with lower bore axis.
Roller locked breech system.
fast ergonomic cock/decock.
polygon rifled bore...

Mine was the best pistol that I ever carried. I regret the day that I lost it...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
There is a difference between what pistol is the best, and what the military is going to General Issue to minimally trained troops. The amount of pistol training the average service member gets is minimal. As in one day at the Range, once a year

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RJM
Originally Posted by shrapnel

I must be on ignore, everyone missed this post. The end of the discussion...

[Linked Image]

...sorry...it isn't plastic so it doesn't qualify under this topic.....that is why "they" are ignoring you...

Bob

Not on ignore. It's just that finding one at a good price is almost the handgun equivalent of finding the Dead Sea Scrolls. smile

Last edited by local_dirt; 06/06/15.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
None at all, give me a .45 ACP to start. I would carry a 1911 if I carried.
I forgot, your mag carries a lot of rounds to give you a good feeling.
"Wonder nine" what is that? Proven false with troops that had the nine. Special ops carry a 1911.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bfrshooter
"Wonder nine" what is that? Proven false with troops that had the nine. Special ops carry a 1911.

Hells bells...

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
Originally Posted by deflave
It's a POS design.

People rave about the "ergonomics" of the H&K but always fail to mention that mag release. Yes it's serviceable but it is a very poor design.

Put 20 shooters on line and you'll see the problems with it. Even with guys that have a lot of time behind the pistol.

Travis

I value your opinion but respectfully disagree.
Oh no you di-int

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
Originally Posted by deflave
It's a POS design.

People rave about the "ergonomics" of the H&K but always fail to mention that mag release. Yes it's serviceable but it is a very poor design.

Put 20 shooters on line and you'll see the problems with it. Even with guys that have a lot of time behind the pistol.

Travis

I value your opinion but respectfully disagree.
Oh no you di-int

Oh yes he did Chriss [Linked Image]

Burnt any styrofoam on steaks lately, dropped your carry gun in PUBLICK!, chewed Mom out for using your good knives on "your" marble counter tops to cut her pills....need I go on? Shpwer guns, bug eyeballs in the grass, negroes in pickups. numchuck skills?

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Actually, i believe MARSOC IS THE ONLY "special ops" unit carrying 1911s

All the rest carry 9mms of some flavor as standard issue

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Wrong, and wrong. The SIG has a very good service record, as does the Glock, both of which are carried by SpecOps units. MARSOC is the only one authorized to carry 1911s and even they lobbied (successfully) to be authorized to carry the Glock or the SIG.

The 9x19 as a military round has a damned good service record, whether with the GP35 (BHP), the CZ75, the SIG, or even the Beretta M9, and now the Glock. It works.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
To me since you used the word best than the SIG 210 would be the gun you are looking for.
A Glock is a good gun for the money but hardly the best.
The P7 is a excellent weapon, however often downed by people who have limited or no experience with one. My daughter went through Gunsite with a P7/M8. She burned nearly 500 rounds. She had 6 magazines and I don't remember her having any issues with mag changes or a overly hot gun.

R
RGK Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R

Nope. 1st SFOD-D (Delta) issues Glock 22s. 1911A1 accurized pistols haven't been used for awhile. SEALs issue a SIG 226. Marine Spec Ops are authorized to carry Glocks as well as the new Colt M45s. "Lots of rounds" is a good thing...in combat or stateside. I carried a Beretta 92 for over twenty years on the LAPD. I had 61 rounds on me when I worked uniform...46 rounds in plainclothes. I liked that "good feeling" that lots of rounds give. Nothing wrong with a Beretta, except it's kinda hard to conceal sometimes in LA on a warm summer day.
Bob

[Linked Image]

Last edited by RGK; 06/09/15.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Dekker
To me since you used the word best than the SIG 210 would be the gun you are looking for.
A Glock is a good gun for the money but hardly the best.
The P7 is a excellent weapon, however often downed by people who have limited or no experience with one. My daughter went through Gunsite with a P7/M8. She burned nearly 500 rounds. She had 6 magazines and I don't remember her having any issues with mag changes or a overly hot gun.
As Mark pointed out, "Wonder Nine" refers to a 9mm with specific characteristics, prominent among which is a double staggered magazine, which the P210 doesn't have.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
On what evidence do you base your comment that the Glock is hardly the best?

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 16gage, 160user, 10ring1, 06hunter59, 53 invisible), 2,099 guests, and 1,188 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,843
Posts18,517,227
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.