Home
After years of good deals, I let my guard down a bit and got ripped off. I made a deal with a guy to buy a Kimber CDP, sent him a cashiers check, and copy of FFL for shipping. He kept responding that he never got it. I called the bank, and the check had been cashed, with his name signed to it. He gave me some story about having a brother in law who was an ex con that he was worried about. He then quit responding to email etc.

His named Clyde Voorhees from Iowa City, Iowa. He may also use Lone Tree, Iowa. His email is [email protected]. Unfortunately, I didn't make note of his screen name as our communications were email. I never got a phone for him either (did I mention I let my guard down a bit...). I have the law looking for him, but don't have very high hopes. Please watch out for this guy, and sorry I don't have more detail to provide.
You made the deal on this site?
I'm sorry that happened to you. Happened to me twice, one from this board.

When I am in doubt I tell the seller to ship it through his FFL or no deal.
Sorry for your loss and thanks for the heads up. Maybe some good Fire folks out that way can help in some way.
I hope it wasn't this site. If not, what site was it?
Originally Posted by Reloder28

How does this help you? Do you have contact with the FFL to the extent that he can verify that you are dealing with a stand up guy,or do you pay the FFL? Just trying to figure it out. I've had sellers send through FFL but all I did was send the contact info of my FFL.
This is the same guy that screwed my buddy on LRH, looks like they removed his name from the thread but its the same guy. Some of the guys in this thread have taken steps to track him down already, maybe one of them can put you in touch with the same LEO they are already dealing with. Good luck, hopefully this dick gets what he deserves.

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f130/scam-alert-user-name-usastripes-185938/
If not dealing with someone with good forum credentials and a high user rating, getting "Proof of Life" pics and a phone call are the best ways to defeat these cheats. And of course avoid Armslist for any internet purchases. 99% of them are scams.
Originally Posted by TallPine
If not dealing with someone with good forum credentials and a high user rating, getting "Proof of Life" pics and a phone call are the best ways to defeat these cheats. And of course avoid Armslist for any internet purchases. 99% of them are scams.

there are facebook pics of him, addresses and phone numbers online...older dude that likes to smoke. i'd imagine the local popo are familiar.
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

How does this help you? Do you have contact with the FFL to the extent that he can verify that you are dealing with a stand up guy,or do you pay the FFL? Just trying to figure it out. I've had sellers send through FFL but all I did was send the contact info of my FFL.

Tried this. Even talked with the FFL... he was in cohoots with the seller! The $ amount was not worth my extra medication to proceed with legal action. Wrote it off as - lesson learn - keep your guard up - stay away from ArmsList - and if I'm ever in FL I'll pay a visit to....
If he claims to not signing the check then there is a forgery, contact your bank and file your complaint then contact the local police where the guy lives and file a forgery complaint, get a copy of the check for your records
I won't risk much $$ at all on someone I don't know pretty well from the forums. I might still get burned but at least I know it isn't some scam artist who just joined to make some $$.
He appears to be living in Lone Tree. Did you send the money to a PO box or addy? I live in Iowa and would be happy to take information to the local authorities. If you want to send me a copy of the check and transaction stuff I will take it to the LEO's, of that would help.

I'd also enjoy stomping the chit out of him for you, but need to avoid jail this week.
His name pops up on the forums a lot. Major crook.
http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?756826-Clyde-Voorhees-(lagatah)-is-a-THIEF!!!
CLYDE Vorhees is a thief. Just using an alternative spelling in case someone googles an alternative spelling that he uses sometimes. Looks like an old druggie from what I could find of his pictures and Facebook stuff. Sure like to see this guy get charged with the felonies he has committed.
Thanks for the replies and offers guys. He gave me an address. I looked it up on Google Maps, and it is in a little trailer park on the outskirts of town.... I tried to go direct to the Iowa City PD, but they told me I had to start with my home PD, which I have done. The local officer I talked to is a Campfire member, and said he would look into this one personally.... I don't expect much, but hopefully this post will keep someone else from getting scammed by this guy.
Gotta love the fact that local LEO is 'fire member.

Trailer parkin', chain-smoking druggie.....sounds like a great guy.
Originally Posted by broomd
Gotta love the fact that local LEO is 'fire member.

Second That!
contact the Iowa DCI cyber fraud unit, looks like this guy has been doing a lot of forum scams. Doubt you will get much help from Johnson county either. He has family and a PO bx in Conesville Iowa.
http://www.dps.state.ia.us/DCI/fieldoperations/cybercrime.shtml
Call parole services for state AND that counties probation dept.
If he is on either , they will snatch him up

THEY don't need a warrant to enter home and do a firearms search, might find some drugs too. Typical of those shi*bags to have contraband items back in home after a monthly visit and then....SURPRISE
The crimes are:

Mail Fraud
Wire Fraud
Section 5(a) of the Federal Trade Commission Act (FTC Act) (15 USC §45)

Go file charges with the USPS Postal inspectors. They will start the ball rolling through the federal authorities, and get him on the above charges. The last people you want on your backside are hungry federal government agents. Those guys will put this guy away.

This is exactly why you use USPS Money Orders, so you can get the feds on a person’s backside if they stiff you.

I had a member here on another post just a few days ago on here try to embarrass me for only wanting to use a USPS MO to purchase a Filson Jacket from a new member, with no history, and committed libel against me stating I was just a stick-in-the-mud for not wanting to use paypal (Support the Communists).

ATTN CAMPFIRE MEMBERS:

Using PAYPAL friends and family gift **DOES NOT** protect you against fraud guys. You have absolutely no recourse.
Google-fu shows me he's also hit yellowbullets.com, falfiles.com, and 1919a4.com.
Reloder28: So YOU have the seller ship the firearm BEFORE you pay for it?
If not how does your "method" prevent the "seller" from cashing said check/money order etc and just keeping the U.S. currency and never shipping said firearm?
Buying through the cyber want ads/sites, what ever the name, has built in risks and are VERY susceptible to scams - PERIOD!
Luckily I have yet to be scammed but ALL my friends have either been outright scammed or GREATLY disappointed in the firearm they dealt on and did not receive any satisfaction.
Buyer BEWARE!
I much prefer the MANY guns I buy to be done face to face.
Good luck everyone and use common sense and caution when dealing in the cyber world.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
USPD wont do squat to get your $$$ back. I always say take it to this gun store that is in your town and the funds will be sent there....weeds out the scammer real quick....One small scam on a rifle scope is all it took. sorry for your loss. also call the pawn shops in that town and tell about the guy , learned that about another scammer........
My advice: Avoid Armslist Classifieds.
Sounds like this guy has been quite busy
Originally Posted by mow1954
The local officer I talked to is a Campfire member, and said he would look into this one personally....

That is soooo awesome. grin
I hope they can nail this guy and other of his ilk.

I enjoy the Campfire and would hate for this to become the norm on here.

donsm70
I googled him. What a winner....
Just for the halibut, I tried his name on Zabasearch. There is only one Clyde Voorhees listed in Iowa. He is in Conesville. May not be the same guy.
Originally Posted by dml908
Just for the halibut, I tried his name on Zabasearch. There is only one Clyde Voorhees listed in Iowa. He is in Conesville. May not be the same guy.

Zaba is the first place I go to get information on a person.....
Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91

Using PAYPAL friends and family gift **DOES NOT** protect you against fraud guys. You have absolutely no recourse.

NEVER EVER USE PAYPAL! They are anti-gun. They are no help.
People that do this kind of chitt need mandatory jail time , a beating would not hurt either.

FFL's check the validity of one anothers license prior to shipments. They are bound by federal law in these matters. If one of them decides to conduct crooked business he would have the ATF on him in a heartbeat.
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
If not how does your "method" prevent the "seller" from cashing said check/money order etc and just keeping the U.S. currency and never shipping said firearm?
VarmintGuy

I have the seller take the firearm to his FFL for shipment. If he is unwilling to do so the deal is off. My FFL submits payment to the shipping FFL. The gun is shipped once payment is rcv'd by the shipping FFL. When the gun arrives I pay my FFL and retrieve my firearm. It takes extra time, but this method guards the buyer from shady dealings.
Originally Posted by 260Remguy

Has the OP ever answered this question?

I would like to know .
VarmintGuy

I have the seller take the firearm to his FFL for shipment. If he is unwilling to do so the deal is off. My FFL submits payment to the shipping FFL. The gun is shipped once payment is rcv'd by the shipping FFL. When the gun arrives I pay my FFL and retrieve my firearm. It takes extra time, but this method guards the buyer from shady dealings.

I suspect not many FFL's will be willing to go that route.
Originally Posted by jk16
Originally Posted by 260Remguy

Has the OP ever answered this question?

I would like to know .

Been wondering that myself

Mike
Yes, this site.
Please keep us updated on this.
Yes, this site.

Please post a link to his ad, or give us his username so we can ignore his sorry azz. Thats how I keep track of the unwanted ones.
Yes, this site.

What was his user name on here ?

Mike
Sorry guys, but as indicated in my initial post, I didn't make note of his user name.
Did you post on his thread when buying the handgun?

If so just search your posts.
Mow..

Are you SURE you did the deal here? I looked over your previous posts and NADA with regards to buying a handgun here within the last 6 months

If you did not post on his for sale thread , then SURELY you must still have the PM correspondence in your message folder contacting him about the purchase?
Sorry guys, but as indicated in my initial post, I didn't make note of his user name.

mow,

How did you come across the handgun for sale here?
A quick search of "Kimber CDP" in the classifieds produces very few results - same for your post activity in the last 6 months.
The guys post listed an email, and that's how I communicated with him. I provided that email in my initial message. I never posted on this site. I'd love to provide more info, but I don't have it.
The guys post listed an email

First red flag to me unless he is willing to communicate here as well.

I try to post at least something on the open forum.

Also any gun purchases from this site always warrant a phone call to seller as well, unless I have done business with before.

No matter how much we try to cover our azzes or how careful we are there will always be these types.
VarmintGuy

Nothing against R28, but that would be a deal killer for me as a seller....unless the buyer is willing to pay about $75 more on a rifle and even more on a handgun. I don't have any FFL's here that want to ship guns for an individual. The corporate FFL will do it, but they charge out the nose.
The only thing I can think of to get a read on a buyer or seller here is to look through their old posts to see who they might have done business with here.
If you contact another member and they vouch for.the buyer/seller you'll be that much closer to being confident about your transaction. No garrantees but it does help.
There is NO WAY to not get cheated, defrauded, or ripped-off.... maybe you are doing a f2f, but your seller don't know he's ruined whatever you're buying from improper use/maintenance, but it looks good to him/her and seems to work fine.... Do you take a borescope with you when you buy? Do you dismount an action from a bedded stock on a custom rifle?

All sorts of rip-offs.

Were you ripped-off when that custom stockmaker botches the barrel channel inlet? How much confirmation of their incompetence do you need after they replace defective product with 2 more botched stocks? Should a custom stockmaker of huge reputation be able to make their product so it don't bubble-up or flake apart? Should they be able to deliver a standard Win 70 factory barrel channel inlet done right? If they can't or won't, they are a fraud. Fraud is a Big Rip-Off. Lots of money made in Crime where there is only Civil Lawsuit Prosecution at your expense...

Should a $1400 brand new Big Tactical Name scope 2-12x w/35mm tube deliver decent optical resolution at 2-4x and 10-12x? Or is resolution quality that a coke bottle will outperform acceptable? Should the USA franchise owner be able to see or test for the distortion and abide by their warranty? Is it a rip-off when all you get back from the scope seller is a letter saying scope is "within specs"?

How you not gonna get ripped off if the bastards decide not live up to their warranty, much less decide to cheat you right from the start? Guess what! Under "warranty law" you got even less opportunity to force your rip-off mfr to do right by you... If their warranty replacement is also a rip-off; you are just screwed...

How much larceny lies in the hearts of men?

What about when the buyer is The Rip-Off Artist and he/she says you sent them merchandise in less than described condition when you Know you sent Brand New Merchandise?
How about when the ROB (Rip Off Buyer) uses Paypal to pay you, but won't file a case with them for refund?

Not too often are you buying from an FFL holder; if ever. If your ROS (rip-off seller) ships you junk through an FFL and your FFL signs it through his book; you bought it... DO You have your FFL inspect your purchase BEFORE you do the paperwork? Pay an extra $50 or $100 for their time to go through what you already paid for? Probably Not...

Gonna buy a used scope that don't have an applicable warranty that extends to you, the new buyer? Unless you are an optics repair guy, that is foolish.

Everybody expects something for nothing. Nowadays, nobody has anymore money to play with anyway. If something is priced too good to be true, it usually is a warning signal.
Originally Posted by 257heaven
VarmintGuy

Nothing against R28, but that would be a deal killer for me as a seller....unless the buyer is willing to pay about $75 more on a rifle and even more on a handgun. I don't have any FFL's here that want to ship guns for an individual. The corporate FFL will do it, but they charge out the nose.

Same here, my FFL doesn't ship.

And Hogan, while I won't question your experiences in any way, I've bought (and sold) more on here than I probably should have and haven't been burned. Most guys on here have proven to be solid citizens. I made one sale, tent/shelter, that the buyer noted a flaw after receipt that I had not listed and was not aware of. I immediately apologized and offered a full refund including his return shipping costs. He declined, but I still don't like that it happened.

In any event, it remains "buyer beware" but I believe few members with a solid history will jeopardize their reputations for the $'s involved in most classifieds transactions.
Hogan: YES... I do "take a bore scope with me when I buy..."!
"Buyer use the utmost caution at all times and in all venues"!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Gentlemen,I've been following this discussion and as a newby member, without many postings or transactions, it's been eye opening to say the least. I too am very sorry to hear about any of you being ripped off, especially if it's on the "Fire". I have done some deals and always had a great outcome on small items. As tempting as the hardware is on this site, I'm too chicken to bite as I don't know anyone and I like to handle and inspect before handing over hard earned money. All you folks strike me as very knowledgeable and honest. I always like to think there's a special place in hell for lowlifes who rip off others. I really enjoy learning from you guys, thank-you.
Just jumping in on the ARMS LIST rip offs , a buddy of mine sent a western union money order tor a Rem. 700 BDL 7mm mag with Leup. 4-12 ,advertised on Arms List for $550.00 . He never got the gun or any communication from the seller . Arms List web site would not help or talk .
$550.00 for A Remington BDL with a scope was A good deal....10 years ago! You have to get the guys address.. then Google the nearest Gunshop in that town. If he wont take it there to let the FFL do the deal and ship, if he wont take a picture of himself holding the gun with the date. He most likely had an accent, and cant spell worth beans. Just keep your flags up. they make a living now scamming. Sure like to give one lead poisoning..........
I found a gun on Armslist that I sort of liked, and went to Gunbroker to check prices.

There it was, same gun, different seller. I contacted the GB seller and told him some one else was selling his gun, and boy did he get steamed. Last I heard he was getting in his car to go 2 states away to "buy his gun"

Wonder how that turned out.

HM
Yep thats what the scammers do. One of the tricks to discover an Armslist scammer is copy the first 1 or 2 sentences of an Armslist ad. Paste whole thing in Google search bar. It will fit. They steal ads and pics from all over, word for word.
Originally Posted by 257heaven
VarmintGuy

No worries,we trust you anyway.
Originally Posted by opiewancanobie
Gentlemen,I've been following this discussion and as a newby member, without many postings or transactions, it's been eye opening to say the least. I too am very sorry to hear about any of you being ripped off, especially if it's on the "Fire". I have done some deals and always had a great outcome on small items. As tempting as the hardware is on this site, I'm too chicken to bite as I don't know anyone and I like to handle and inspect before handing over hard earned money. All you folks strike me as very knowledgeable and honest. I always like to think there's a special place in hell for lowlifes who rip off others. I really enjoy learning from you guys, thank-you.

Just spend some time here and join a few conversations. It won't be long until you know who you can trust and are known well enough to be trusted. You can never know 100% but it's a good bet if you know the guy is a regular and you have seen good feedback for them in the good guys list.
I found a deal on a revolver on Armslist a couple years ago. Had a picture of a Gun Club out west in one of the pics, but with the marquis of the Gun Club photoshopped and changed. I emailed the owner of the gun club. He said he had nothing to do with the ad and never heard of the guy. I kept communicating with the "seller" to try to get any further info. He kept texting me from different phone numbers - Maryland, Kentucky, Washington. This guy really got around! And requesting payment to some P.O. Box in Colorado or Utah. Guy stunk like a week old dead tomcat. Figured out he was some Asian from his accent the one and only time he would answer any of the many phones. Finally passed all the info over to the FBI. Hope they shellacked his ass.
Originally Posted by opiewancanobie

Just spend some time here and join a few conversations. It won't be long until you know who you can trust and are known well enough to be trusted. You can never know 100% but it's a good bet if you know the guy is a regular and you have seen good feedback for them in the good guys list.

I agree, I have made many sales on this forum. Most of them I do for guys that just don't mess with computers.I also have made a lot of purchases for myself and guys that ask me to. I have never had a deal go bad either buying or selling. Usually by the time the two of us get all of the dickering done, I feel like I have known the guy forever. I have gotten to know a lot of the guys on the other parts of the campfire and try to take part when I can. If I think I can't trust a person, I usually visit with them about anything I think that will give me a reason to trust them. I have bought several guns on Armslist with no problem.
Now that I have said all of this, something will happen.
Ken
Originally Posted by donsm70
I hope they can nail this guy and other of his ilk.

I enjoy the Campfire and would hate for this to become the norm on here.

donsm70

It sure where you been for the past 15 years. Thievery been a norm for a long time.
I've probably made 30 to 40 deals on Armslist over the Years and as far as firearms go I'll only deal with someone from my home State Face to Face its the only way to stay in control of the sale or trade IMO.
I work in Iowa City and reside in the area, if there is anything I can help you with, shoot me a PM. I can't stand crooks, especially in my area whom I may deal with. Best of luck!
So as a new member and just starting out on this site what suggestion would you provide in order to make sure deals go as smooth as they can. I currently have a rifle posted and was wondering if the lack of interest was due to me being a new member. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Brant
USAF Veteran
Originally Posted by hawkman0206
I work in Iowa City and reside in the area, if there is anything I can help you with, shoot me a PM. I can't stand crooks, especially in my area whom I may deal with. Best of luck!

There was a guy on Armslist selling a Marlin 41 mag lever action for $700 or so. His location was listed in my area. I contacted him and asked if he still had it and he said yes. I emailed him back and asked about meeting up to make the deal. The next day, the listing had been changed from Arizona to Arkansas.
Originally Posted by USAFHUNTER
So as a new member with very little post what suggestion would you provide in order to make sure deals go as smooth as can be. I currently have a rifle posted and wondered if because I am a newer member that is why I have had no bites. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Brant
USAF Veteran

If I was looking for a rifle like yours----and had the money, I wouldn't be worried about buying from you. I may be wrong, but most crooks don't go to as much trouble to make a sale.
Besides that, being ex USAF how could I not trust you? smile
So as a new member with very little post what suggestion would you provide in order to make sure deals go as smooth as can be. I currently have a rifle posted and wondered if because I am a newer member that is why I have had no bites. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Brant
USAF Veteran

Spelling, grammar, diction, verb conjugation, and phrase usage are starting points.
Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it.
Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it.

Yes, there are a lot of old curmudgeons around here. They get their tightie whities all bunched up whenever someone forgets a comma, or to dot an i, or cross a t..............
You hunt him down and do severe damage to him. Movie "Goodfellas" can provide pointers.
I just checked the Iowa Clerk of Court on line search. The name Clyde Vorhees does NOT exist. Do you have an address?
kwg
Please pm me with pertinent info as I'm building a case. I have pictures of the scammer and multiple
Addresses and aliases.
Originally Posted by GunGeezer

Tried this. Even talked with the FFL... he was in cohoots with the seller! The $ amount was not worth my extra medication to proceed with legal action. Wrote it off as - lesson learn - keep your guard up - stay away from ArmsList - and if I'm ever in FL I'll pay a visit to....

Where in Florda ?
If you have the email address that was posted in the original ad, conducting a search of the 24hr classifieds may turn up the original sale post and identify the perps 24hr handle.
Sorry that happened, never let your gaurd down and always check to see if there doing good deals from there past posts
Originally Posted by sawbuck
If you have the email address that was posted in the original ad, conducting a search of the 24hr classifieds may turn up the original sale post and identify the perps 24hr handle.

Use google special search , not the campfire search ..
Pm me again if you have been hit by this individual. Sheriff is trying to put a case together.
Originally Posted by Oldcoast
Please pm me with pertinent info as I'm building a case. I have pictures of the scammer and multiple
Addresses and aliases.

Your interest peaks my interest.

You have pics of the thief? You too were scammed by the thief?

g
Yes I have a copy of his ID. I was hit for $1000.00. Pm me for the Lieutenant's info handling the case if you were defrauded.
Yes I have a copy of his ID. I was hit for $1000.00. Pm me for the Lieutenant's info handling the case if you were defrauded.

Who is this member? Repost his handle for others to view. I went back a few threads but do not see the original scammer.
I hate a crook!
Same thing a few years ago... I dogged Jamie and Christina relentlessly... eventually SUCCESS... 12 years for Jamie and 2 for Christina

Backstory here...

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/8816633/1

Good luck... and ROAST that SOB!!!
Originally Posted by bamagun01

Who is this member? Repost his handle for others to view. I went back a few threads but do not see the original scammer.
I hate a crook!

This deserves an answer.
+1
It would be nice to see the convicted have their property seized and auctioned off to pay back those that were scammed.
Clyde Voorhees from Iowa City, Iowa just posted an ad on Long Range Hunting Magazine site for a Nightforce scope.The address he used was 12 Video Ct. The email used was [email protected]. Screen name used is Prohuntersmind
I have been very lucky all these years.
Hope you posted a warning on that website about this guy
How many times must we ask what he goes by on the the campfire? Would someone PLEASE answer the question so we can all be on guard against this piece of shyte?
quote=CashisKing]Same thing a few years ago... I dogged Jamie and Christina relentlessly... eventually SUCCESS... 12 years for Jamie and 2 for Christina

Backstory here...

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/8816633/1

Good luck... and ROAST that SOB!!!

[/quote]

I'd like to personally thank you for that sir. I cannot even begin to express how much I hate low lives like that. Too bad more people don't persue them as zealously. I wish there were more people like you in the world...
bump
With as many people this azzhole has scammed across the entire US and unknown number of gun and outdoor forums shouldn’t these threads be a sticky with his name in the title?

Many of you longtimers know the Site Owner Rick maybe you can talk with him.
We need to keep theses threads up,best of luck tracking him
just finish reading all the reply's on this post. Is there anyway for the site owner of 24campfire to look up the IP address of the scammer when he registered on campfire. That should in the very least give a location of the individual doing the scamming.
Tag Bump
Originally Posted by EdwardG
just finish reading all the reply's on this post. Is there anyway for the site owner of 24campfire to look up the IP address of the scammer when he registered on campfire. That should in the very least give a location of the individual doing the scamming.

We know where hes at...jsut a matter of getting someone to take action
Bump, let's keep these up
Ouch...sorry to hear about your bad experience...back in the day I used to trade with some of the fine members on this site & LRH...I stuffed cash into a secure envelope, or parts into a box, and the reciprocating member did the same...and we both sent out cash/parts simultaneously...never been burned once....the honor system just plain works between gentlemen.

If a man's word is no good then his signature aint worth $hit...hope you get resolution.

Houndsman05.................correct..............POS.............
Armslist is loaded with scammers. I was trying to buy a 264 Win Mag and found a decent rifle for a decent price. I emailed the listing person asking for a good daytime phone number. After about three days I get a response. Something was odd about the return response and made me start looking elsewhere. A couple days later I get a email alert from Armslist stating the ad was a fraud.
I told this story to make everyone aware and to bump to the top.
So his username on here is Houndsman05?
Ol Clyde is still out there workin

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=1443103&highlight=Voorhees
Armslist is a cesspool... I almost got burned once there and have never looked again
We have "Good Guy" list on the Classified forum. Should be a "Bad Guy" list, too.
Originally Posted by Gun_Geezer
We have "Good Guy" list on the Classified forum. Should be a "Bad Guy" list, too.

The bad guys just change their monikers multiple times. Ask Mac1978.
Zing! You got me!
This is weird. My mom lived in Conesville for a few years after my dad died and my Aunt and Uncle lived there most of their lives. There can’t be more than 3 or 400 people in that little town. I haven’t been down there since everyone died but I guarantee he can be found easily. The mayor’s name was Skip Kirk or something like that. He was one of my uncle’s fishing buddies. Call the Saddle Bronc he’s always there. grin Your thief prolly is too since it’s the only English speaking bar in town. I’m pretty sure it’s in Muscatine County not Johnson.
Originally Posted by Gun_Geezer

GREAT point Geezer. Someone who has gotten burned by this guy should put him in the good guy list as BEWARE! NOT a good guy. Hopefully the moderators will let it in there. I just Googled Clyde Vorhees scam. Any warning about this guy might just save someone's wallet. Great thread. CB
Your traders' rating should be attached to your member profile. The 'good guy' list on here is unwieldy at best.
Originally Posted by Illurian00
Your traders' rating should be attached to your member profile. The 'good guy' list on here is unwieldy at best.

Have you given any thought to using some of the pay sites to sell your wares?
ummm, never tried to sell anything here. Don't sell much stuff anyway.
Your question seems irrelevant, perhaps you could elaborate ?
ummm, never tried to sell anything here. Don't sell much stuff anyway.
Your question seems irrelevant, perhaps you could elaborate ?

If you don't sell; why the concern? Have you given any thought about starting your own forum?
Originally Posted by Kudu1
Just jumping in on the ARMS LIST rip offs , a buddy of mine sent a western union money order tor a Rem. 700 BDL 7mm mag with Leup. 4-12 ,advertised on Arms List for $550.00 . He never got the gun or any communication from the seller . Arms List web site would not help or talk .

If it's too good to be true, it's a rip off. The con artists know how to price to get folks to jump in ASAP and get a check on the way. If it's too good to be true, it's a scam.

kwg

This is not a trader's site. If you're hear to buy and sell and nothing else you won't know anything about who you are buying or selling with.

And frankly, you deserve to get burned because you're getting burned by the same parasitic pieces of schit that only come here for the classifieds traffic.
Originally Posted by kwg020
Originally Posted by Kudu1

If it's too good to be true, it's a rip off. The con artists know how to price to get folks to jump in ASAP and get a check on the way. If it's too good to be true, it's a scam.

kwg

ARMSLIST is a face to face proposition and nothing more. To do otherwise is foolish.
Originally Posted by deflave

This is not a trader's site. If you're hear to buy and sell and nothing else you won't know anything about who you are buying or selling with.

And frankly, you deserve to get burned because you're getting burned by the same parasitic pieces of schit that only come here for the classifieds traffic.

Haven't been burned, you've got a problem w/ anger management, and your still off topic.

Sorry I made a suggestion.
That's rich, coming from a 'classified cowboy'.....

Haven't been burned, you've got a problem w/ anger management, and your still off topic.

Sorry I made a suggestion.

I think I am very much on topic and I don't blame you for apologizing.

This is not a trader's site.

The stats say differently. The Classifieds have the second highest post count and at any given time, usually have the second highest count of active viewers. The owner is undoubtedly aware and I'm sure is quite fine with the traffic the Classifieds drive to his site.

He should welcome suggestions and take steps to improve security.... before a competitor does.
I bought from many outfits on Shotgun News before the www.
I have never been ripped off except when I wanted the adventure.
1) 20 years ago I ordered a gun through a notoriously crooked FFL in Woodinville. I got ripped off, just in time before the ripped off the Woodinville cops and went to jail. But I got to meet the crook, talk to him, and look in eyes.

2) This year I bought Leupold scope on Ebay that was way to cheap and shipped from Singapore. I told the seller that Leupold says the serial number it is a counterfeit. He offered me a 10% refund or a 100% refund if I sent the scope back. I threw it on the bone pile.
Originally Posted by copperking81

The stats say differently. The Classifieds have the second highest post count and at any given time, usually have the second highest count of active viewers. The owner is undoubtedly aware and I'm sure is quite fine with the traffic the Classifieds drive to his site.

He should welcome suggestions and take steps to improve security.... before a competitor does.

Just a word to the wise......Don't piss off Travis unless you want to be checking your pillows before each use!

Compared to what, all the other content? That’s the comparison being made.

Forum posts and views not including the classifieds Vs. Classifieds posts and views
Originally Posted by kingston

Forum posts and views not including the classifieds Vs. Classifieds posts and views

Ok. Then just ask the site owner to turn off the classifieds. Easy solution.

Sorry the site isn't what you think it is.

It’s a great classified ad, and it is a traders site 100%. Don’t put much stake in Deflavs rantings... he’s probably a cop or some other sort of douche authority peeon that gets off on running his mouth.

Ok. Then just ask the site owner to turn off the classifieds. Easy solution.

Sorry the site isn't what you think it is.

Content and views related to the classifieds Vs. Content and views not related to the classifieds
The Classifieds 1.67 Million posts

Vs.

The Hunter’s Campfire 5.17 Million posts
1.67 million posts related to buying toys, 5.17 million posts related to imaginary friends... lots of doofuses, a few good deals. Simple

Vs.

You win. Lets just ask the owner to turn off the classifieds since it's not a trading site. I'm sure he'd be cool with that.
I think that’s a great idea

Vs.

You win. Lets just ask the owner to turn off the classifieds since it's not a trading site. I'm sure he'd be cool with that.

The 24Hourcampfire is the SITE, the Classifieds are a sub forum within said site. The 24hourcampfire is NOT a trading site. Sorry so many of you dumbphucks have difficulty with that.

Sorry so many dumbphucks can't make a trade on the Classifieds forum without input from douchbags like Mac.

Carry on
Hey steelhead.....?
Originally Posted by Mac1978
1.67 million posts related to buying toys, 5.17 million posts related to imaginary friends... lots of doofuses, a few good deals. Simple

I don’t know what you mean by imaginary. I know a couple hundred members personally.
That’s kinda sad. I’d feel sorry for you if it wasn’t a make believe internet friends site.
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Vs.

The 24Hourcampfire is the SITE, the Classifieds are a sub forum within said site. The 24hourcampfire is NOT a trading site. Sorry so many of you dumbphucks have difficulty with that.

Sorry so many dumbphucks can't make a trade on the Classifieds forum without input from douchbags like Mac.

Carry on

Lol... you're irrelevant here. Yeah, you make a lot of noise and have managed to differentiate yourself as an ass but that's about it. You want to believe differently but deep down, you know you're just another screen name. And one of the countless who visit, view, and traffic in content and participate in a market on this site.

A market that greatly, greatly benefits the site.

Get used to it. It's not going to change.
Ugh.

Vs.

Carry on

Lol... you're irrelevant here. Yeah, you make a lot of noise and have managed to differentiate yourself as an ass but that's about it. You want to believe differently but deep down, you know you're just another screen name. And one of the countless who visit, view, and traffic in content and participate in a market on this site.

A market that greatly, greatly benefits the site.

Get used to it. It's not going to change.

So true. It’s an Internet forum... nobody gives a schitt! Except the morons.. they actually care
This is the gayest thread ever.
Hey steelhead.....?

Pretty sure Scott was calling you exactly what you are.
And I could not agree more.
Pile on, sheeple haha😎
Where's that Kumbaya picture when you need it?
I will bet your days of buying and selling under this user name are over and once the others are smoked out they will get the cold shoulder as well😉

Laughing

I hope you're not really this dumb.
He was even nice, and used mostly words you know in his explanation, and you had to just get that uninformaed jab in there. Gotta love the predictability in this crowd!😎
Hey steelhead.....?

Read Fred's post, you POS.
He was even nice, and used mostly words you know in his explanation, and you had to just get that uninformaed jab in there. Gotta love the predictability in this crowd!😎

Once again, another piece of shiet shows up to prove that more mother's should have swallowed. Congrats?
Pile on, sheeple haha😎

Can't help but shlt in your own bed can you?

You live in these classifieds and showing your a$$ I am sure will boost your sales.
Please stop this guys. I'm the one who started this thread and will really appreciate if we can focus on stopping fraud and theft by this guy. Thanks very much.
Please stop this guys. I'm the one who started this thread and will really appreciate if we can focus on stopping fraud and theft by this guy. Thanks very much.

Mac1978 is a scum bag that takes advantage of the classifieds and screws everyone he can. so him and your thief are peas in a pod.
So if you are wanting to actually help keep crap heads out this is very productive. 😉
I would really hate the cross country ride I'd have to take with the 7 ft buck kweer I had to find and hire to repeatedly ass rape someone that ripped me off in the classifieds.
He and your thief, Fred. Keep on keepin on, boys....quality entertainment
He and your thief, Fred. Keep on keepin on, boys....quality entertainment

Why don’t you share those other user names you [bleep] of crap.

Haha! You came to the wrong place for results, amigo. All these guys do is form a keyboard commando imaginary posse, and advertise what a bunch of boobs they are. A proper buyer/seller rating has been mentioned numerous times, but they want no part. “I’ve knowed ole Jimbob since Reagan was in office and he’s honester than the day are long” is a retarded system, because nobody has a factual clue how Ole Jimbob behaves when left alone with the cookie jar... And that’s a fcuking fact, Jack. You can take that one to the bank.

Haha! You came to the wrong place for results, amigo. All these guys do is form a keyboard commando imaginary posse, and advertise what a bunch of boobs they are. A proper buyer/seller rating has been mentioned numerous times, but they want no part. “I’ve knowed ole Jimbob since Reagan was in office and he’s honester than the day are long” is a retarded system, because nobody has a factual clue how Ole Jimbob behaves when left alone with the cookie jar... And that’s a fcuking fact, Jack. You can take that one to the bank.

Translation:

I came here to buy low and sell high and nobody will deal with me because I act like a 12 year old girl instead of a grown man.

Mac
I haven’t been in the classifieds in over a year but I swear the same people are still going at it. TTT 🤣
It’s pretty entertaining, really.😎
Originally Posted by Crimson Mister
I haven’t been in the classifieds in over a year but I swear the same people are still going at it. TTT 🤣

Aside from a few bad eggs (see Mac1978), it's the best classifieds on the net.
Next to eBay and gunbroker, which are much,much more reliable. The downside to those sites is that the buyer and seller are usually a little more efficient and it requires use of modern technology, which can be most confusing to lots on here. There’s also the small issue of one time a loooong time ago, Billy Bob told Jethro and the boys that eBay was the devil, probably because he was too stupid to use it, and Jethro and the boys have been spring loaded to hate it and spread the word based on hearsay simply because they’re unable to think. One thing that they offer that is great is an accurate user rating. For instance, you could screen a buyer or seller such as me, and see my hundreds of positive feedbacks and great comments with zero negative or neutral and choose whether you want to proceed based on hard fact. Or you could be a tard.
Wondering why you chose to be an a55hole here if you're such a fine upstanding citizen on other sites in your own mind. But I really don't care.
Well, after about the 3rd time I got screwed the red light went off. I have a lot of different hobbies, and I got a couple of shaftings on this site almost immediately upon discovering it,and over amounts of money that wouldn’t even cover dinner for a buddy. I thought that it spoke volumes when everyone was so willing to form a mob and show their asses that there was zero reason for me to play nice with some dudes that are clearly turds. I don’t mind to buy or sell here at all now, because I just know not to spend a dime I’m not willing to lose. There are a bunch of super nice gentleman here, but there are also a predictable handful that are a load of fun to get riled up.
So give us names of the 3 that "screwed" you.
Why would i do that?
A: im over it
B: it will be way more fun to watch you go off on a tangent as to how it never happened
Aww man! Why’d you delete your reply?
You must have had a computer glitch or something, i got a screenshot of it to help you out.

Attached picture 0485A59C-7113-4D7F-8A1B-244085BD6925.png
LOL. Desperate much?
Originally Posted by gunner500
I would really hate the cross country ride I'd have to take with the 7 ft buck kweer I had to find and hire to repeatedly ass rape someone that ripped me off in the classifieds.

Steelhead's 7' tall?! Damn, he looks shorter in pics!
Also, if you're driving cross country with a 7' bull queer to ass rape Mac, I'm betting Mac would pay the gas bill at least one way. Probably even spring for dinner if he'd choke him while he banged him in the ass.
There’s more of that good conservative Christian sportsman fellowship!
I didn't realize this was a Christian sportsman's site.
Which, in my defense, I didnt realize this was a dedicated buy/sell classifieds site either.
Seems you have a lot of misconceptions of the sites purpose.

Seems you have a lot of misconceptions about your supposed relevance on here also
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by gunner500

Steelhead's 7' tall?! Damn, he looks shorter in pics!

Figures the [bleep] talk would draw you out.
Damn! You didn't even bring up my wife's "cunny".....you slippin bro!
You better find some handicapped kids to make fun of. Shriners hospital is running ads showing a bunch of handicapped/ terminal children. Maybe you can get some new material for your next 90,000 posts!
Damn! You didn't even bring up my wife's "cunny".....you slippin bro.

Cuzz I know you don't have one.

You've been wrong before. He'll, you didn't know your "wife" had a [bleep] til you rolled her in flour and found it...

You've been wrong before. He'll, you didn't know your "wife" had a [bleep] til you rolled her in flour and found it...

Compelling. Which one is the 'daddy' in your cabin pic.
Pops on the right, son on the dock. Too bad you're shooting blanks or you could have had father/son day at the cabin too?
Pops on the right, son on the dock. Too bad you're shooting blanks or you could had father/son day at the cabin too.

Looks like daddy is going down to the dock to teach his grandson how to use a pole. I'm sure you have fond memories of those days yourself. At least you boys are keeping it in the family.

Poor bastard kid.
Maybe God making you sterile was his way of breaking the pattern of molestation that, thankfully, ended the last time your old man buried one in that big mouth of yours. Unfortunately, that was probably a few hours ago.
Appalachian trash talk! Sounds just like those old boys that used to come up from coal country. Love it
Well, after about the 3rd time I got screwed the red light went off. I have a lot of different hobbies, and I got a couple of shaftings on this site almost immediately upon discovering it,and over amounts of money that wouldn’t even cover dinner for a buddy. I thought that it spoke volumes when everyone was so willing to form a mob and show their asses that there was zero reason for me to play nice with some dudes that are clearly turds. I don’t mind to buy or sell here at all now, because I just know not to spend a dime I’m not willing to lose. There are a bunch of super nice gentleman here, but there are also a predictable handful that are a load of fun to get riled up.

Funny when you talk about others showing their asses when the one "almost" transaction we had, it was you who showed his ass.
And no one will buy anything from Mac booooohooooo.
Even Amazon is not exempt from the scammers.

I'm watching a discontinued scope hoping it will last on GB till my next SS check. I do online searches for one regularly.

Suddenly, one appears on Amazon but the seller (even has good feedback) has a message attached to email them before purchasing.

Looking at the photos I recognized the EXACT same photos from the one on GB so.......I emailed them to see what they would say.

They responded for me to "send all your information and we will contact Amazon"............BaHAAHAA! Gmail email addy.

Nope. laugh

5 minutes later their Amazon ad was gone. Wish I'd have taken a screen capture of their ad now. I won't forget to do that in the future.

I could fire it to Amazon showing the ad and their instructions with the posters ID.

Beware indeed. Thank God for the 'fire!

God Bless
Steve
Got me. Using name

Bonnie Cooper maiden name Goodband

108 Elmhurst Dr

Lockport, NY

Email [email protected]

Phone 8722100305

Bought Romanian PSL off firing line forum for $800. Was member for 6 months, Also tried to also get me to send payment for Dragunov, but I refused.. Sent me email last night saying it was shipped but had to leave NY to see sick parents in TX. No tracking sent. I have contacted NJSP, Niagara County Sheriff (nothing), Postal Inspector (waiting), ATF (most helpful). NJSP I have a friend of 30 years who is a Sgt 1st class and works with cyber crimes now so he promised they will get the SOB.

Has anyone else made the connection to a Chris Cooper in Houston TX seems to be an Evangical. Emails ended in God Bless. He is Bonnie's ex husband.
Anyone who has been scammed by this group Clyde Vorhees, David Sawyer, Bonnie Cooper, or [bleep] Kinta in Nigeria please post PM sent and send me all information you have. I have friends in multiple law enforcement agencies including the IRS, NJSP Cyber Crimes, and ATF who are investigating these scum as a personal favor. The more info I have the more likely Postal Inspectors will take over the case and nail the whole ring. If the ring leadefs are in Nigeria there is the Nigerian EFCC that is now cooperating. Also there is a chance of being reimbursed since the Postmaster General can demand repayment from financial institutions even for money orders that cleared.

3.4.4 Reclamation
The postmaster general has the right to demand refund from the presenting bank of the amount of a paid money order

Below is their typical for sale list

Vortex Razor II 4.5-27x56 EBR-2C MRAD
NightForce 5.5-22x50
Romaina PSL sniper rifle
Russian Dragunov Rifle
HK Mk 23
HK p7m13
HK 416 Upper receiver
Tikka CTR 3x Creedmoor
Springfield TRP Operator with full rail
FN Scar 17 with box and all factory extras
NightForce SHV 5-20x56
HK Mr556 Upper
Benelli M4
Hope they get them.
I am the one who started this thread. Thought some might be interested to know that I just got a check from the court of Johnson County Iowa, in regards the State of Iowa v Clyde Nelson Voorhees, in the amount of $0.45. Amazing
I am the one who started this thread. Thought some might be interested to know that I just got a check from the court of Johnson County Iowa, in regards the State of Iowa v Clyde Nelson Voorhees, in the amount of $0.45. Amazing

Wow, didn't even cover the postage.
mow1954
I found Clyde Voorhees in the Iowa Clerk of Courts. Several entries

This charge he was ordered to pay $5790 in restitution plus a $1000 fine and court costs. The disposition date is 11-06-2020. If your case was involved you should be getting some restitution back. The case was in Johnson Co. Iowa.

It seems Clyde got himself in trouble with a minor on 04-26-2022. His release date from the Iowa Dept. of Corrections is 12-05-31. Maybe you can call Johnson County and ask that his prison wages get confiscated and repaid to you.

https://www.iowacourts.state.ia.us/ESAWebApp/TIndexFrm

kwg

You can get a picture of him on the Iowa sex offender registry.

kwg
If the guy has less than a year on the fire, I wait until the check clears. I won't buy from someone that has less than a year on the fire! It is too easy for people to add posts on jokes and riddles, all they have to do is a three or two word add to word association. A person could get 1,000 posts fast. Don't trust post numbers.
If I remember correctly, Mow was the one sending the check.
Follow some simple rules
Low post count is a red flag
Read there posts.
E mails only move on
No phone number move on

d is ffl is used on his end the ffl logs it and sends, sounds like the best way to ME
© 24hourcampfire