Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by opiewancanobie
Gentlemen,I've been following this discussion and as a newby member, without many postings or transactions, it's been eye opening to say the least. I too am very sorry to hear about any of you being ripped off, especially if it's on the "Fire". I have done some deals and always had a great outcome on small items. As tempting as the hardware is on this site, I'm too chicken to bite as I don't know anyone and I like to handle and inspect before handing over hard earned money. All you folks strike me as very knowledgeable and honest. I always like to think there's a special place in hell for lowlifes who rip off others. I really enjoy learning from you guys, thank-you.

Just spend some time here and join a few conversations. It won't be long until you know who you can trust and are known well enough to be trusted. You can never know 100% but it's a good bet if you know the guy is a regular and you have seen good feedback for them in the good guys list.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I found a deal on a revolver on Armslist a couple years ago. Had a picture of a Gun Club out west in one of the pics, but with the marquis of the Gun Club photoshopped and changed. I emailed the owner of the gun club. He said he had nothing to do with the ad and never heard of the guy. I kept communicating with the "seller" to try to get any further info. He kept texting me from different phone numbers - Maryland, Kentucky, Washington. This guy really got around! And requesting payment to some P.O. Box in Colorado or Utah. Guy stunk like a week old dead tomcat. Figured out he was some Asian from his accent the one and only time he would answer any of the many phones. Finally passed all the info over to the FBI. Hope they shellacked his ass.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by opiewancanobie
Gentlemen,I've been following this discussion and as a newby member, without many postings or transactions, it's been eye opening to say the least. I too am very sorry to hear about any of you being ripped off, especially if it's on the "Fire". I have done some deals and always had a great outcome on small items. As tempting as the hardware is on this site, I'm too chicken to bite as I don't know anyone and I like to handle and inspect before handing over hard earned money. All you folks strike me as very knowledgeable and honest. I always like to think there's a special place in hell for lowlifes who rip off others. I really enjoy learning from you guys, thank-you.

Just spend some time here and join a few conversations. It won't be long until you know who you can trust and are known well enough to be trusted. You can never know 100% but it's a good bet if you know the guy is a regular and you have seen good feedback for them in the good guys list.

I agree, I have made many sales on this forum. Most of them I do for guys that just don't mess with computers.I also have made a lot of purchases for myself and guys that ask me to. I have never had a deal go bad either buying or selling. Usually by the time the two of us get all of the dickering done, I feel like I have known the guy forever. I have gotten to know a lot of the guys on the other parts of the campfire and try to take part when I can. If I think I can't trust a person, I usually visit with them about anything I think that will give me a reason to trust them. I have bought several guns on Armslist with no problem.
Now that I have said all of this, something will happen.
Ken

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by donsm70
I hope they can nail this guy and other of his ilk.

I enjoy the Campfire and would hate for this to become the norm on here.

donsm70

It sure where you been for the past 15 years. Thievery been a norm for a long time.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I've probably made 30 to 40 deals on Armslist over the Years and as far as firearms go I'll only deal with someone from my home State Face to Face its the only way to stay in control of the sale or trade IMO.

IC B2

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I work in Iowa City and reside in the area, if there is anything I can help you with, shoot me a PM. I can't stand crooks, especially in my area whom I may deal with. Best of luck!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
So as a new member and just starting out on this site what suggestion would you provide in order to make sure deals go as smooth as they can. I currently have a rifle posted and was wondering if the lack of interest was due to me being a new member. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Brant
USAF Veteran

Last edited by USAFHUNTER; 07/31/17.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by hawkman0206
I work in Iowa City and reside in the area, if there is anything I can help you with, shoot me a PM. I can't stand crooks, especially in my area whom I may deal with. Best of luck!

There was a guy on Armslist selling a Marlin 41 mag lever action for $700 or so. His location was listed in my area. I contacted him and asked if he still had it and he said yes. I emailed him back and asked about meeting up to make the deal. The next day, the listing had been changed from Arizona to Arkansas.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by USAFHUNTER
So as a new member with very little post what suggestion would you provide in order to make sure deals go as smooth as can be. I currently have a rifle posted and wondered if because I am a newer member that is why I have had no bites. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Brant
USAF Veteran

If I was looking for a rifle like yours----and had the money, I wouldn't be worried about buying from you. I may be wrong, but most crooks don't go to as much trouble to make a sale.
Besides that, being ex USAF how could I not trust you? smile

Last edited by kennymauser; 07/31/17. Reason: Adding comment and emoticon
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
So as a new member with very little post what suggestion would you provide in order to make sure deals go as smooth as can be. I currently have a rifle posted and wondered if because I am a newer member that is why I have had no bites. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Brant
USAF Veteran

Spelling, grammar, diction, verb conjugation, and phrase usage are starting points.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it.

Yes, there are a lot of old curmudgeons around here. They get their tightie whities all bunched up whenever someone forgets a comma, or to dot an i, or cross a t..............

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
You hunt him down and do severe damage to him. Movie "Goodfellas" can provide pointers.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I just checked the Iowa Clerk of Court on line search. The name Clyde Vorhees does NOT exist. Do you have an address?
kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
O
O
Please pm me with pertinent info as I'm building a case. I have pictures of the scammer and multiple
Addresses and aliases.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by GunGeezer
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by Reloder28
I'm sorry that happened to you. Happened to me twice, one from this board.

When I am in doubt I tell the seller to ship it through his FFL or no deal.

How does this help you? Do you have contact with the FFL to the extent that he can verify that you are dealing with a stand up guy,or do you pay the FFL? Just trying to figure it out. I've had sellers send through FFL but all I did was send the contact info of my FFL.

Tried this. Even talked with the FFL... he was in cohoots with the seller! The $ amount was not worth my extra medication to proceed with legal action. Wrote it off as - lesson learn - keep your guard up - stay away from ArmsList - and if I'm ever in FL I'll pay a visit to....

Where in Florda ?

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If you have the email address that was posted in the original ad, conducting a search of the 24hr classifieds may turn up the original sale post and identify the perps 24hr handle.

$$$ TRUMP AT THE PUMP 2024 $$$
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sorry that happened, never let your gaurd down and always check to see if there doing good deals from there past posts

It is not about what you kill, it is about the hunt....
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by sawbuck
If you have the email address that was posted in the original ad, conducting a search of the 24hr classifieds may turn up the original sale post and identify the perps 24hr handle.

Use google special search , not the campfire search ..

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
O
O
Pm me again if you have been hit by this individual. Sheriff is trying to put a case together.

Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

422 members (264mag, 10gaugeman, 16gage, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 2500HD, 47 invisible), 1,885 guests, and 1,142 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,843
Posts18,517,273
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.