Home
Scoping a 270 for 0-600 shooting/hunting. Anyone played with both of these? The cost is a wash between them.

https://cameralandny.com/shop/athlo...ion=2891674&query=helos%20btr%202-12

https://www.swfa.com/swfa-3-15x42-ss-30mm-riflescope-107011.html

What say ya'll?
After having and using the Athlon BTR 2-12x42 I can easily recommend it. It’s extremely clear and bright, the illumination is useful throughout its brightness levels and while I haven’t run it through the wringer I believe Stick has and it gets his endorsement for durability and accurate tracking.

I don’t have any info on the SWFA 3-15.

Good luck
I have done a good bit of reading on both. The Athlon doesn't stand up very well to the various torture tests that they are run through.
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
After having and using the Athlon BTR 2-12x42 I can easily recommend it. It’s extremely clear and bright, the illumination is useful throughout its brightness levels and while I haven’t run it through the wringer I believe Stick has and it gets his endorsement for durability and accurate tracking.

I don’t have any info on the SWFA 3-15.

Good luck

Same here. I have two 2-12’s and two 4-20’s and so far they’ve held up great and they’re made with the right stuff.

No idea how they’ll hold up to a 6ft fall though, I use hood mounts and fasteners and try not to drop my junk all over the mountain.

They’ve taken spills as far as sliding off a tire, etc and been fine. No idea how they’d work after tossing them into gravel though.
I don't feel like they are really in the same lane. I'd let current/intended use make the determination.
Few things as fhuqking "soothing",as a GenuWhine GoogleGal Spandex Scope "Review". Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

I'll take the 2-12x. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............
I like the 3-15 a lot. It’s on a rimfire I keep in my truck. It probably gets used more than about anything I have.

I got a 2-12 Friday. I mounted it on a 6 creedmoor for my wife and I ordered another one for my self. Limited use so far but I like it enough to quickly reorder.
I just ordered a scope but too drunk to recall which one.
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

I love surprises
Originally Posted by jackmountain

I love surprises

Same here!
I think it’s a 30mm
And not made in China
I have both and choose the Athlon. Only thing to dislike is the "MADE IN CHINA" but what isn't or does not contain something from there.
I've got a few of each the OP mentioned like them both.

The athlon has noticeably better optical quality.
Illumination can't hurt, nor can locking turrets.

The Mil quad is my favorite reticle of all time but the athlon's is a splendid killing reticle.

My 3-15s have been used a lot more without a hiccup but so far my 2-12s have worked perfectly.

Both are great but if I were setting up a big game rifle tomorrow I'd pick the 2-12
Originally Posted by Dude270

The Mil quad is my favorite reticle of all time but the athlon's is a splendid killing reticle.

My 3-15s have been used a lot more without a hiccup but so far my 2-12s have worked perfectly.

Both are great but if I were setting up a big game rifle tomorrow I'd pick the 2-12
Made in China? Must be proud
I fhuqking hope so,it'd be nice to get something that actually works. The suspense is killing me. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................
Originally Posted by hunting1
I have both and choose the Athlon. Only thing to dislike is the "MADE IN CHINA" but what isn't or does not contain something from there.

Eotech is made in Japan, or at least the one I have is.
Sucks seeing the 3-15 price down to $454.00

I was getting ready to sell mine. not now, I paid $700 2 years ago.

I'd wager the bulk of all scopes parts come from China.

Leupolds sure don't say "made in the usa" anymore.

I wish things were different but that's just the way it seems to be. I don't have S&B jingle in my pocket
Originally Posted by cooperfan
Sucks seeing the 3-15 price down to $454.00

I was getting ready to sell mine. not now, I paid $700 2 years ago.

They'll go back up at the end of the month, just hang onto it a couple of months. I really wanted the $199 SS 1-4X24 to try on my .300 Blk AR. None in stock and couldn't even backorder by the time I decided to do that, wound up buying the Burris RT-3 for $210.

As I get older and now need bifocals, I appreciate an illuminated reticle (IR). Especially in FFP optics with a very low bottom end power, but I'm at the point I'd really like an IR on all my optics. I have no experience with either of those optics, but I do have a couple of SS 6X and an Athlon 3-12X40 all on rimfire rifles,

I wish things were different but that's just the way it seems to be. I don't have S&B jingle in my pocket

Fact. If they are good, they are good. I will buy what fits my needs.
Originally Posted by sbhooper

I get the made in China thing, but it’s pretty funny we all use laptops, phones and other crap that is as well. At least Athlon is up front about it. Others aren’t so much.
Originally Posted by beretzs

I get the made in China thing, but it’s pretty funny we all use laptops, phones and other crap that is as well. At least Athlon is up front about it. Others aren’t so much.
If I could buy a laptop, phone, etc., that was made elsewhere, I would.
Was nervous there for a bit,but thankfully...no Reupold inside! Hint.

Originally Posted by Jordan Smith

If I could buy a laptop, phone, etc., that was made elsewhere, I would.

This! ^^^^ There's a HUGE difference between having a choice and not having a choice, especially when it comes to "toys" (wants) vs. needs.

There's also a difference between every manufacturer sourcing one component (or type of component) like leaded glass from the only country that produces it (perhaps due to environmental standards in the developed world), and a particular company making the whole product in that same country.
I've zero qualm doing business,with folks who shoot things straight. Something that Reupold won't do. Hint.

Thn again,I hear through The Grapevine,that the 2-12's track,repeat and hold zero too...which are refreshing changes. Hint................(grin)
the 3-15 SWFA I tested demonstrated right reticle travel when dialed up for windage. keep in mind the actual POI will be the opposite of the reticle travel when viewing it moving. I have a 20x SWFA SS fixed model that has right reticle travel and the clicks don't match up. To be fair its very possible not to notice either of the flaws in either scope in actual use if you don't dial the scope very much or far in its erector travel ie only shooting to 500 yards. for the haters tracking doesn't change if its in a PRS match or a playground, or for that matter in a laboratory. the error will be error regardless of location.

we need to put to bed the notion the SWFA scopes are flawless. some models may very well be. the 3x9 is excellent, both glass and tracking. the 10x tracking excellent. 3-15 and 20x FAIL. want reliable and proven, buy a nightforce.
I just ordered a 2-12 to go on my 6.5 PRC. It's replacing a 10x SWFA SS. Love the scope, tracks very well, but I just don't like the reticle at last light. Looks like the Athlon will solve that.
In "fairness" I barely have 100 SWFA scopes and it's "quaint" that cumsincowboys with her (3) SuperSoaker "rifles",has "issues" with her wares that don't exist. Hint.

Bless her poor poor(literally) heart,for trying though.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...........
Anyone happen to know the mounting distance on the Athlon 2-12? Pdf attached to the 2-12 says 5.8 inches. That seems a tad long for an 11 inch scope, esp given the 5.1 inches for the NF SHV 3-10 of the same length.
What in the EXACT fhuqk,is "mounting distance",in your book? Hint...............
Hint: the maximum allowable distance between the ocular and objective lens housing. Not everyone is enamored with a rail.....
Originally Posted by bwinters
Hint: the maximum allowable distance between the ocular and objective lens housing. Not everyone is enamored with a rail.....

Dumbfhuqk,

A rail doesn't "change" that. Hint.

5.876 is what I get on mine
Originally Posted by LeftHunter
5.876 is what I get on mine

Thank you.
Originally Posted by Big Stick

Dumbfhuqk,

Maybe you could enlighten me on the purpose of the slots on the top side of a picattiny rail? And while your at it, maybe you could pontificate on the lowest ring/picatnny rail system. I actually might could learn something.........
I could do a lot of things,all of which are beyond your "means","abilities" and "comprehension"...not that I don't enjoy your Hurt Feeler Reports and Professional Victim Status updates. Hint.

Don't "forget",that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your poor poor(literally) heart,for doing your best.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............
Couldn't stand it...and wanted it done/did,for fresh tracks in the snow. Hint..............

Originally Posted by Kaleb
I got a 2-12 Friday. I mounted it on a 6 creedmoor for my wife and I ordered another one for my self. Limited use so far but I like it enough to quickly reorder.
Do us a solid - set the focus for whatever range with the rifle on a rest. Then, while looking through the scope, move your eye back & forth, up & down. Does the reticle appear to move around the target?

Last Athlon I tried had >3 MOA of vertical parallax that couldn't be adjusted out.

Dumbfhuqk,

Maybe you could enlighten me on the purpose of the slots on the top side of a picattiny rail? And while your at it, maybe you could pontificate on the lowest ring/picatnny rail system. I actually might could learn something.........

You will never get a straight answer from Stick.

I bought one of these from Doug a while back (came out about $425+/-). Very very impressive low cost scope. The Eye Box is NOT great (i.e. typical of a 2-12 in this price range).

I have a tackle box of Leupold STD rings... Super Low to Super high... regular and extended. I'll report back with what my final selection is. Best guess is Medium, but maybe Low will work. Doubt the extended will be needed.

Stick does post picks and that is a good thing. He also hunts in real time... another positive (i.e. he doesn't repost pics from 2 decades ago like Burns always does).

But his gammar and spelling is atrocious.

Durable quality scope for cheap money...

Stick will whine about Leupold STDs... but they are fine iffing ya ain't a gorilla troll.
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Last Athlon I tried had >3 MOA of vertical parallax that couldn't be adjusted out.

Really?

That about sucks...
Couldn't stand it...and wanted it done/did,for fresh tracks in the snow. Hint..............

Dude... what gives with the black electrical tape?

You turning all anti-LGBTQ on us?
Originally Posted by CashisKing
But his gammar and spelling is atrocious.
That's serious signature line material right there. With apologies to CashisKing, I just couldn't pass it up. Been there, done that myself.
You Day Dreaming Do Nothing Brokedick Kchunts are a fhuqking riot! Hint.

Athlon "parallax" on a Flyweight. Hint.

The fascinatingly long list of simplistic things that Trybone can't do,is simply funnier than fhuqk. Fortunately for her,Imaginaton and Pretend are free,so even she can "afford" to "contribute"...the "lucky" kchunt. Which of course relegates her to Whining and Stealing. Hint.

I'll mount another,here in a bit. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

Any reason for 3 mounts on that setup ? just askin
Originally Posted by MrWilson
Any reason for 3 mounts on that setup ? just askin
Because he's a tard.
Because (4) wouldn't fit,on Lord Of The Rings. Hint.

More Athlon "parallax" on a Midweight. Hint.

The fascinatingly long list of simplistic things that Trybone can't do,is simply funnier than fhuqk. Fortunately for her,Imaginaton and Pretend are free,so even she can "afford" to "contribute"...the "lucky" kchunt. Which of course relegates her to Whining and Stealing. Hint.

It's funny, Fug Stick is like a broken record, he repeats endlessly until you slap him.
It's funny, Fug Stick is like a broken record, he repeats endlessly until you slap him.

I actually like Stick...

But his 3rd grade grammar teacher does indeed deserve a good healthy slap.
Trybone,

It's your Imagination,simply Pretend with it as you must,as you expound on your CLUELESSNESS,Brokedicktitude and Thievery...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon wares that exist,but it is another nice image for you to steal. Hint.

Be sure to start a Thread,if/when you ever go Outdoors. Hint.

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even YOU can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

Let me know when you shoot in a sanctioned match.
Trybone,

If only to add to your AMAZINGLY long list of very well founded Insecurities,I simply shoot daily,because I can...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

For context,cite how many times a day you think about,the typical duration(s) of same and what I'm wearing. Before you go steal more pics. Hint.

22 PPC AFI here. Google as you MUST,then shake your pointy head atop your narrow shoulders,while "convincing" yourself that you "could too". Simply pardon Splendid Wares that exist,while you "live" vicariously,with your Imagination and Pretend. Hint.

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even YOU can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

You know, that could be reversed. Exactly when have you shot under the conditions that Stick shoots every day? Anybody can shoot from a bench if you have your rifled dialed in.

It is a bit hard to digest some of his diatribes, but I never cease to laugh at how thoroughly he gets into the heads of some people on here. It is pure entertainment and I trust his reviews on products, because he rags them out about as thoroughly as anyone can.

Please continue. This site is really entertaining.
Karens will ALWAYS find a "reason" to cry,as they perpetuate their Professional Victim status and Whine aloud,how ALL is someone else's "fault". Hell...ask Trybone what she "does" for a fhuqking "living"! Imagination and Pretend are in her "means",along with Thievery and that's it...the "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

It's telling,when Drooling CLUELESS Fhuqktards gotta steal their Avatars and can't Post anything that isn't Google stolen. HINT.

Bless their poor poor(literally) hearts,for TRYING though.

Pardon wares that exist,my flogging on same and their not being "equal",or even fhuqking "close". If only to the chagrin of Crying Brokedick Kchunts...The World over. Hint.

You know, that could be reversed. Exactly when have you shot under the conditions that Stick shoots every day? Anybody can shoot from a bench if you have your rifled dialed in.

It is a bit hard to digest some of his diatribes, but I never cease to laugh at how thoroughly he gets into the heads of some people on here. It is pure entertainment and I trust his reviews on products, because he rags them out about as thoroughly as anyone can.

It's also very entertaining that you think all matches are shot from a bench

LOLOL

Makes one wonder why LiL Fish can't post a picture or video of game taken at LR with his "wares"?

Staged pictures on a bench might to wow a few of the unknowing but the lack of actual hunting use is a glaring clue for those that can read a bit of sign.

He's obviously in your head. When has he ever shown proof that he's shot anything but his mouth?
HILARIOUS! Perhaps you Melting Snowflakes can combine "forces" and cite just how many times a day you think about me and the durations of same,if only in unison...you "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You Velvet Glove Vaginas are welcome to your Powder Puff "Adventures" and your Equipment "Trials",which consist of less than zero,which makes a fhuqk. Hint.

Keep those WELL founded Insecurities coming Ladies,you are doing fhuqking "GREAT!". Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!............

Says a lot more about you than it does that loser.
Anxious to hear how the Waypoint shakes out… mine just got to my FFL today but doesn’t look like I will get my hands on it till the weekend 😞
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

He's obviously in your head. When has he ever shown proof that he's shot anything but his mouth?

NEVER

He laughs all the time cause of all the suckers that he boondazzled into thinking he actually does something other than feverishly banging on the old clickety clack to get his name in the spotlight. Just do a search of his posts daily, and then see how much time is left to actually shoot something other than a load of bull$hit.
KenBitchagain,

It seems you yet again "forgot" about your "heralded" Imaginary Pretend Ignore and you are powerless in the refrain,of reiterating that besides being a CLUELESS Drooling Fhuqktard,that you just also "happen" to be a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon wares that exist,as you wallow in your Couchbound Brokedicktitude. Hint.

You Professional Victims,are a fhuqking HOOT! Hint.

Bless your poor poor(literally) heart,for trying though.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................
Wait, so now athlon is better than SWFA SS?
What’s going on around here? Can we get a video of someone’s kid or grandchild playing fetch with them using a Athlon as the stick! For old time sakes.
Originally Posted by Rekobeez
What’s going on around here? Can we get a video of someone’s kid or grandchild playing fetch with them using a Athlon as the stick! For old time sakes.

Which one is better?
Originally Posted by SLipshitz

Which one is better?

I think Arken is also in the running.
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by SLipshitz

Which one is better?

I think Arken is also in the running.

Your opinion is irrelevant.

STOP TRYING TO BE IMPORTANT IN STICK'S THREADS.

The opinion of a drunk hasbees is not helpful to the collective.
Your opinion is irrelevant.

STOP TRYING TO BE IMPORTANT IN STICK'S THREADS.

The opinion of a drunk hasbees is not helpful to the collective.

I don't believe LiL Fish is the OP of this thread.

But your suckin his azz is duly noted as is the all CAPS in your whine.

That said i don't think he is really into you.

Just sayin.

ps. What is a hasbees? It sound cool but I am not familar with the term?
You bailed on 114.

Stick is NOT my friend... but he does not lie.

That is a big +1.

You are a POS... and that is a simple fact.

Carry on.
Burns... Why do you go back and edit every post?
You bailed on 114.

John... Don't fugg up a good and useful thread just because you are drunk again.

As long as they live up to my standards I do not care......
I shoot in the same conditions, maybe worse, and I too would like to see his scores from a sanctioned match. I have shot in a lot of sanctioned matches where I live, conditions as bad or worse than where Stick lives.

Sanctioned matches, some really know their stuff, usually the quiet blokes in the background
But if you want to really meet some sanctimonious blowhards, sanctioned matches are the place to find them, believe me, I have competed at state and national level
Originally Posted by Castle_Rock
Sanctioned matches, some really know their stuff, usually the quiet blokes in the background
But if you want to really meet some sanctimonious blowhards, sanctioned matches are the place to find them, believe me, I have competed at state and national level
Very true.

I love to pull the trigger, but I've already met enough sanctimonious blowhards. I don't mind some competition now and then, but like archery, walleye fishing and clays, I do it because I love it. The only person I'm really competing with is myself.
Interesting.

https://rokslide.com/forums/threads/athlon-helos-btr-gen2-2-12x42mm-field-eval.289757/

https://rokslide.com/forums/threads/amateur-mini-swfa-3-15-evaluation.265643/

Yeah. That was close to what I expected. They are great scopes but I wouldn't drop the thing 3 feet and expect things to stay put.
In 51 years of hunting, I've yet to drop mine like that.
Hunting a corn pile for 51 yrs will do that
Originally Posted by Calvin

Yeah. That was close to what I expected. They are great scopes but I wouldn't drop the thing 3 feet and expect things to stay put.
The drop tests are interesting, for sure. The SWFA seemed to fare better in that regard. In this case, what I found even more interesting was that this particular BTR didn't seem to track from the get-go.
Haven’t had that issue with a sample of 1.
After reading the positive comments about them here I ordered one of the Athlon scopes and thought I would share my experiences.

I took it to the range today and shot it on a very accurate Tikka.

When I dialed at six mils I got 6.3. It was very consistent with RTZ. I really liked the reticle and the illumination and it is very clear. The windage knob pops in and out correct but the elevation knob takes a lot of force to lift. I like the scope after one day I don’t think I’m going to drop test it myself, though...
If falling or hard hits to the scope are the measure of the brand then the Simmons Aetec wins hands down. I was hiking across some avalanche scree in the outback of Alaska years ago and took a tumble after loosing my footing and I unavoidably hit the scope on the rocks which scratched and dinged the scope pretty good but after getting back to camp I checked the zero and it hadn’t moved an inch. A couple months later I took that rifle and scope combo (I didn’t have the resources to go out and replace it without budgeting for it) over for an elk hunt on my buddy’s ranch. We were shooting our rifles earlier that day at the range on the ranch so we knew we were dialed in. That night we had a “gathering” of friends over to the ranch and threw a great party. The GIANT barn has the upstairs setup as a recording studio for various bands but mostly because my buddy and his brother are big time musicians having played with a lot of famous bands but mainly they played with Heart and its various members. About 2am I went out to the truck to bring my rifle inside with me and after slinging it over my shoulder I closed the truck door and took one step on the ice before landing hard on the rifle and scope. I really beat that scope this time I thought after seeing the huge dent and gouge I’d put in the objective lens. The next morning we all slept in 😂 and after a good breakfast in town I went to see how much the scope was off at the ranch range. I could NOT believe my eyes but that rifle and scope was dead on!…..as precisely as the day before. I did finally put a different scope on that .338WM but it wasn’t because of the scope. A guy that knew me and knew about the toughness of that scope offered me $150 for it which I happily took. I hunted with that scope for 7 years before replacing it and I had paid around $125 for it at the time so I can’t complain.

If all scopes were as tough as that Aetec the customers as a whole would benefit.
Originally Posted by IDMilton
When I dialed at six mils I got 6.3.

I like the scope after one day

😳
Yes, even though it was only one day and it didn’t dial perfectly, I did like it’s other features.

I have found many of my scopes to be off by a click or three and as long as it is repeatable I just make my drop charts to offset that. That is with three Bushnell elite tactical‘s, three Weaver tactical, six SWFA’s, two Bushnell elites, One Nikon, and many Leupolds. the only two I could remember dialing perfectly out to 10 mils were a Sightron S3 and an Athlon Chronos

This is yesterday with the scope. Ignore the targets above the rifle, that was an A.R. pistol and a different load. I dialed between shots for those two that are .3 high, and after dialing back to zero and back up 57 clicks instead of 60 shot the bullet right in front of the magazine. I should have continued shooting that was out of time so I need to go back out and repeat it.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

What I am finding troubling is the two posts on the other forum mentioned where the scopes failed drop tests. I fall a lot because of the terrain I hunt and vision problems. I need a very robust scope. I was wondering if anyone, especially big stick with his large sample of scopes, has had a chance to drop test there’s yet?
Obviously, they are everywhere.
Yes, even though it was only one day and it didn’t dial perfectly, I did like it’s other features.

I have found many of my scopes to be off by a click or three and as long as it is repeatable I just make my drop charts to offset that. That is with three Bushnell elite tactical‘s, three Weaver tactical, six SWFA’s, two Bushnell elites, One Nikon, and many Leupolds. the only two I could remember dialing perfectly out to 10 mils were a Sightron S3 and an Athlon Chronos

This is yesterday with the scope. Ignore the targets above the rifle, that was an A.R. pistol and a different load. I dialed between shots for those two that are .3 high, and after dialing back to zero and back up 57 clicks instead of 60 shot the bullet right in front of the magazine. I should have continued shooting that was out of time so I need to go back out and repeat it.

What I am finding troubling is the two posts on the other forum mentioned where the scopes failed drop tests. I fall a lot because of the terrain I hunt and vision problems. I need a very robust scope. I was wondering if anyone, especially big stick with his large sample of scopes, has had a chance to drop test there’s yet?

What distance were you shooting to test the scope click values? Are you sure of the exact distance and did you make sure your target’s delineation for 6 mils is accurate ?
I've yet to see a glitch or a bobble and pards shoot more than a "few" too. Hint.

With said wares in hand and a gent can't answer their own question about same,is more than a touch revealing. I've seen a rifle/scope get a bump/bruise/scratch from actual use and it's an expectation,given reality. Scopes puke with farrrrrrr greater frequency than rifles and mounting systems matter a "smidge" too. Hint.

If only Reupold,could make something as good. Hint.................
“What distance were you shooting to test the scope click values? Are you sure of the exact distance and did you make sure your target’s delineation for 6 mils is accurate ?”

I was shooting at a range where varmint for score is shot and the targets are exactly 100 yards. I just put the yard stick up for a quick reference. Target to target dot was exactly 21.6 inches.

“With said wares in hand and a gent can't answer their own question about same,is more than a touch revealing. “

Big Stick,
I just got that scope and it was my first time using it so I have not had time to answer my own questions yet. Plus, this is a single example. I was wondering if you had done any of your tests where you had thrown the rifle on the rocks as I have seen in some of your videos before.

Regarding the rifle and mounts, I used the same rifle and mounts and did 36 inch drops onto a shooting pad on concrete with a 3–15 weaver tactical. I bent the windage knob but the scope held zero and tracked afterwards. I did get a lot of grief about it when I posted had I done it, though.
21.6" is an interesting "approach". Hint.

Tall Targets reveal MUCH and quickly. 5 Mil/18" values are easily discerned and extrapolated. Your system is mounted flat,but I'd want to know how it behaves in full extent of available travel and multiple stops between same and zero. I'd also flog on zoom selection and parallax. Then I'd weigh those findings,against the proven virtues of the rifle itself and extrapolate in kind. Premise being,a SOUND Rifle in nice conditions,will quickly discern all and tidily. A sheet of plywood,plum bob and 8' of paper,will answer all questions. Hint.

Your mounting system,wouldn't be fielded by me. Ring spacing and surface area matter. Hint.

I've yet to see a glitch or a bobble and pards shoot more than a "few" too. Hint.

Just saying...............

Just kidding little buddy!
You had to steal your Avatar too,what were the "odds"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even YOU can "afford" to "contribute". Pardon wares that exist. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...........
Thank you for the detailed response and the photos.

I used 21.6 inches because the range I was at yesterday won’t let you put up boards or gongs or anything and that is all I could test for yesterday. I normally test to 10 mils because I don’t shoot much farther than that but I have done tall target tests in the past.

I have Picatinny rails on other rifles to give me better ring spacing that on this one and an identical (except it has a 6X mill quad on it ) rifle for one of my kids I used the sportsmatch to save weight.

I did check POI at low power and high power and everything was good, but did not think to check different parallax settings.

I am glad to hear they are working well for you and your shooting partners, I really like a lot about the scope, especially for its price. I will get out and test it some more but I’m just not sure I want to Drop test it. When I have drop tested other scopes intentionally in the past I just hang onto them because I don’t feel comfortable selling them or returning to the factory After intentionally abusing them

The results from the Field Eval were interesting. It wasn't a little shift.
These scopes are cheap chinesium. In really don’t know why it’s a surprise to some they fail. I’d be shocked if they didn’t.
More parallax today,ala Waypoint Seex Kreed and 112's. Hint.

Hipshot round #1,bore sighted and fired round #2 at 25yd paper. Shots 3,4 and 5 here,on 100yd paper. Square Smooch,single powder charge,bone stock other than TT trigger tweak. Hint.

Made slight adjustment,set zero stop and zero'd turrets,then shot LR come-ups,before the weather puked again. Hint...............

That's part of what I was hinting at in the 3rd post of this thread.

I have done a good bit of reading on both. The Athlon doesn't stand up very well to the various torture tests that they are run through.

You can only expect so much with Chinese manufacturing.
Paula,

You could always start a Thread and wax eloquent on the 7 rounds you shot this year. Hint.

Originally Posted by rcamuglia
When I dialed at six mils I got 6.3.

I like the scope after one day

😳

But LiL Fish told him it was awesome. laugh
I barely have a dozen to reflect upon in the first hand and simply shoot results,which ain't even close to "fair". Too bad Reupold can't build anything,nearly as good. Hint.

Paula,

You could always start a Thread and wax eloquent on the 7 rounds you shot this year. Hint.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Here’s a couple of return to zero with two different Leupolds. Shot both rifles at steel at every berm out to 800 yards, then dialed back to zero.

The starting zeros were right there. I’m shooting at an open dot that is the size of a bullet hole

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Can you remember the recipe?

Can you remember the recipe?

139 Scenar, 42.4 gr H-4350.

Last barrel
Hint.

Hint.

I saw it. I have. 4-14X LR CDS on a .22 that is perfect. I routinely dial to the end of its travel. It returns to zero and will center punch flys at 50 yards.

Why are you actually hitting the dots?

LiL Fish posts tons of pics where he misses the dot.

Quit posting Leupold Virtues or you're gonna stir up the monkeys. grin
In fairness,4.5-14's have dick nothing for travel,especially CDS. Hint.

On the BRIGHT side however. Hint.

Why are you actually hitting the dots?

LiL Fish posts tons of pics where he misses the dot.

Quit posting Leupold Virtues or you're gonna stir up the monkeys. grin

That was that one time I had a zero that was dead nuts. Most times I don’t care as long as it’s within 1/4”

True. I shoot my 22 to 400 yards. I know you and others go longer…
Reupold don't have the guts to hang,BT/DT and have all the T-shirts. Hint.

I shoot "some" Rimfire. Hint.

It returns to zero and will center punch flys at 50 yards.

Do you go for head or heart shots?

Yeah.

The 4.5-14 on my .264 hardly dials over 1 mile.

Leupold Virtues.

Yeah.

Leupold Virtues.

Good shot!

Yeah.

Leupold Virtues.

Meh, I am much more impressed with pics of boxes and salmon.
It returns to zero and will center punch flys at 50 yards.

Do you go for head or heart shots?

The bullet seems to cover it all.

😂
Scopes posted have 42 Mil's on the erector and 10 more on the etched reticle. If Reupold could hang,I'd simply be using them...but alas. Hint.

Yeah.
Leupold Virtues.

Damn.

Tough crowd in the optic forum tonight.
Yeah.
Leupold Virtues.

Damn.

could this mean people are done with your bullshit.. not even just this form but other places.. hint ... play the way you know the sunset
Originally Posted by ldholton
Yeah.
Leupold Virtues.

Damn.

could this mean people are done with your bullshit.. not even just this form but other places.. hint ... play the way you know the sunset

Definitely drink water. Then go nite-nite

😂
You cup like non other.
This thread weird. What was this about?
Originally Posted by Rickshaw

Whose erector was bigger.

Leupold Virtues.
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
You cup like non other.

Whose erector was bigger.

Leupold Virtues.
It’s a retard reunion.

That's part of what I was hinting at in the 3rd post of this thread.

You can only expect so much with Chinese manufacturing.

It isn't so much the Chinese manufacturing. It is who does QA/QC. Most manufacturers build to a price point.
Rude of me,not to fuel all the very WELL founded Insecurities you gals proffer and sometimes I get to laughing so fhuqking hard,I miss one. Hint.

Now if only in "fairness",yesterday's Mail just happened to have (50) boxes in it. Hint.

How come Reupold can't say "100% Made In USA" anymore? It's a shame they are so soft and unreliable. Hint.

This is the guy who wrote earlier in the thread that he took his new AThlon to the range and when I dialed 60 clicks got 63. I said I like the scope and got a little grief over it.

Today I went back to the range and if anyone cares, I am getting 62 clicks when I dial 60. I can live with that and will just build it into my drop chart.

I had a little more time today and would shoot once and then dial the scope back-and-forth a lot and then shoot the 60 clicks.(that is the farthest apart I can shoot my groups on my target).

I shot at different magnifications and parallax settings. And even though I said I wouldn’t do it again after having bent the windage knob on a previous scope, I put out my shooting pad on some mostly packed snow and did some drops.

My shooting pad is 1 inch thick, so very different from the half inch pad used in the tests mentioned on the other forum. I skipped The 18 inch drops and shooting after every drop and just dropped it three times on the left side from 36 inches, three times on the top the scope, then three times and it’s right side.

My first shot after the drops was about 2/3 of an inch right, then the next ones were right back where they should be.

Then I repeated it, so altogether I dropped the rifle and scope 18 times. My next shot touched the previous bullet hole before the drops.

I know this isn’t scientific and I’m not doing 20 shot groups to find true centers etc. I’m just messing around. But now I really like the scope. I was worried about buying a Chinese scope but I am going to use this and just not worry about it.

I have the target if anyone wants me to take pictures and upload them.
ID, great stuff buddy.

I have 4 of them now. Never dropped one but they’ve been piled into and out of a few trucks now and slightly “dropped” and never bobbled.

I guess you pay your money and take your chances. I trust them if they are mounted up in good mounts and taken care of while mounted.
This is the guy who wrote earlier in the thread that he took his new AThlon to the range and when I dialed 60 clicks got 63. I said I like the scope and got a little grief over it.

Today I went back to the range and if anyone cares, I am getting 62 clicks when I dial 60. I can live with that and will just build it into my drop chart.

I had a little more time today and would shoot once and then dial the scope back-and-forth a lot and then shoot the 60 clicks.(that is the farthest apart I can shoot my groups on my target).

I shot at different magnifications and parallax settings. And even though I said I wouldn’t do it again after having bent the windage knob on a previous scope, I put out my shooting pad on some mostly packed snow and did some drops.

My shooting pad is 1 inch thick, so very different from the half inch pad used in the tests mentioned on the other forum. I skipped The 18 inch drops and shooting after every drop and just dropped it three times on the left side from 36 inches, three times on the top the scope, then three times and it’s right side.

My first shot after the drops was about 2/3 of an inch right, then the next ones were right back where they should be.

Then I repeated it, so altogether I dropped the rifle and scope 18 times. My next shot touched the previous bullet hole before the drops.

I know this isn’t scientific and I’m not doing 20 shot groups to find true centers etc. I’m just messing around. But now I really like the scope. I was worried about buying a Chinese scope but I am going to use this and just not worry about it.

Thank You Sir!
Good deal ID. If worried about it I will stick a neoprene cover over it to provide a little padding. And not drop it.
Base/ring selection matters,as does ring spacing. Hint................

I’ve read these are piles of crap and can’t take any movement without shifting zero. Mine has been fine though. Go figure.

John Burns sells a base with 24 screws and 78 contact points...

Do you approve?
Only shot (4) rifles today,wearing said glass. I've yet to see or shoot a bobble. Hint.................
Only shot (4) rifles today,wearing said glass. I've yet to see or shoot a bobble. Hint.................
how would you compare the Athlon model discussed here. vs a new Arken light weight model ..
Can't know,my Athlon 30mm LW hasn't arrived yet. Hint.

From the hip,the 2-12x zoom range appeals to me more than a 4-16x...as I have lots of both. Hint..................
What are your thoughts on the ATHLON MIDAS HMR HD 2.5-15×50 BDC reticle? used for a hunting scope. simple holdover using the reticle, not twisting turrets.

Do you approve?

I actually have a couple of those risers on ARs and really like them.
BDC reticles as a whole,are Blue Haired Cat Lady Snake Oil Bullschit. Doubly so,when SFP. It's a hoot,that none of them subtend what the erector arranges,so it's speaking (2) different languages,as a BEST fhuqking case scenario. Hint.

A lineal FFP Mil scale,will simply align POA/POI for every fhuqking chambering on The Planet,with every fhuqking projectile on The Planet and in unerring fashion. Hint................
Latest arrived today, Athlon Helos BTR Gen2 2X12 X42 from Camera Land receipt has a sticker that states Mounted Scopes Cant be returned?

Kinda invalidates the warranty makes me want to use Amazon care to comment Doug?
What does returning it to Doug, have to do with a warranty?
Originally Posted by kk alaska
Latest arrived today, Athlon Helos BTR Gen2 2X12 X42 from Camera Land receipt has a sticker that states Mounted Scopes Cant be returned?

Kinda invalidates the warranty makes me want to use Amazon care to comment Doug?

Your warranty will be between you and the manufacturer.
Originally Posted by huntsman22
What does returning it to Doug, have to do with a warranty?

Hey Don......where's my new Arken you talked me into buying????
I figger we'll get 'em, when we get 'em....

Do you approve?

[Linked Image from external-content.duckduckgo.com]

Do you approve?

Help me understand the appeal?

Big glass?
I use Blackhawk risers. Made in USA and don’t have the oilfield trash brodozer look with 13 bolts holding it on your upper.
Originally Posted by 260madman
I use Blackhawk risers. Made in USA and don’t have the oilfield trash brodozer look with 13 bolts holding it on your upper.

[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]

Do you approve?
Help me understand the appeal?

Big glass?

You can't have one.

Sorry, but we have standards for use and your schiet tier ARs don't get Wyo Arms risers.

The warrantee is good for scopes that fail not scopes that are simply mounted and than you decide you don't like it even though it hasn't failed. You would be surprised how many idiots want there money back after they have marred a scope during there mounting process!

Trystan

This has nothing to do with warranty at all. The sticker saying "Mounted scopes cannot be returned" means that if you buy a scope and mount it it cannot be returned for a refund. We stand behind every item we sell as far as customer service and warranty. For that matter we will also assist you with any product from any brand we carry whether you purchased it from us or elsewhere.
Thanks Doug for the response should not have used my comment invalidates the warranty, read the sticker after I had mounted the scope, and reacted. Tough to resell a mounted scope as a open box demo, I would understand if I was in your shoes. Kurt
Thanks Doug for the response should not have used my comment invalidates the warranty, read the sticker after I had mounted the scope, and reacted. Tough to resell a mounted scope as a open box demo, I would understand if I was in your shoes. Kurt

Thanks Kurt, I appreciate this. Enjoy the scope
Only flogged on a brace this morning,dabbling some powder temp Testing. Hint.

The Nasty Old Tranny Bitch is hanging solid too,with it's 3.5-15x. Hint.

Just sayin'.................
You can't have one.

Sorry, but we have standards for use and your schiet tier ARs don't get Wyo Arms risers.

Not sure why you always edit your posts...

Anyway the question was directed at IDMilton...

As for WA "standards"... horsechit... you have no standards... and you also damn sure have no self-respect.
“Help me understand the appeal?

Big glass?“

Sometimes, like the scope on the top rifle in the picture below, it is for a large optic. But now I use it for lots of things.

At first it was because I am one of the poors that get made fun of sometimes here :-).

I play musical optics a lot just to experiment with different things or for what I am doing that day. (This week I have had the red dot, the day scope, and the thermal on the lower rifle out shooting.)

Rather than buy several ADM, BOBRO, or Larue mounts at $250 each, I thought I would just buy one of these risers and use the rings I already had.

After I got the first one I liked it enough to get another for myself and to recommend them to some friends. All those screws and mounting surface make them feel super solid.

I can put eye relief what I want it, ring spacing, and I needed risers anyway. I don’t see a downside or what I would gain from going with Cantilever mounts

If I pay attention to mounting them the same each time, all of the optics below return to zero just fine.
You can't have one.

As for WA "standards"... horsechit... you have no standards... and you also damn sure have no self-respect.

No riser for you.

“Help me understand the appeal?

Big glass?“

Sometimes, like the scope on the top rifle in the picture below, it is for a large optic. But now I use it for lots of things.

At first it was because I am one of the poors that get made fun of sometimes here :-).

I play musical optics a lot just to experiment with different things or for what I am doing that day. (This week I have had the red dot, the day scope, and the thermal on the lower rifle out shooting.)

Rather than buy several ADM, BOBRO, or Larue mounts at $250 each, I thought I would just buy one of these risers and use the rings I already had.

After I got the first one I liked it enough to get another for myself and to recommend them to some friends. All those screws and mounting surface make them feel super solid.

I can put eye relief what I want it, ring spacing, and I needed risers anyway. I don’t see a downside or what I would gain from going with Cantilever mounts

If I pay attention to mounting them the same each time, all of the optics below return to zero just fine.

Thanks for taking the time to do the write up...
You can't have one.

No riser for you.

I can assure you that you are absolutely correct...
You can't have one.

As if you have the first clue what makes a quality AR15. Wyo Arms that are so good they have zero LE/Mil contracts with any major departments and are never in any serious discussion for a quality fighting or hunting AR.

Pardon me actually owning a handful of quality AR’s that are actually considered top tier and knowing the difference.

Ever heard of Wilson Combat? What about Northtech Defense? Hodge maybe?????
Originally Posted by MallardAddict
You can't have one.

As if you have the first clue what makes a quality AR15. Wyo Arms that are so good they have zero LE/Mil contracts with any major departments and are never in any serious discussion for a quality fighting or hunting AR.

Pardon me actually owning a handful of quality AR’s that are actually considered top tier and knowing the difference.

Ever heard of Wilson Combat? What about Northtech Defense? Hodge maybe?????
So mean to Johnny fatbelly.
LOL
Originally Posted by Raferman
LOL

Hey now don’t spook the hole, I haven’t gotten to posting the pics to set the hook yet. 😂
Originally Posted by Raferman
LOL

Hey now don’t spook the hole, I haven’t gotten to posting the pics to set the hook yet. 😂

Post your picture.

I can do with a good laugh.

While we are waiting we can see Larry Vickers and Kyle Lamb talk about Wyoming Arms.

This is beyond UBER, and way past epic...

Originally Posted by LRoyJetson
You can't have one.

It's a parts gun. If LE or whoever wants something of quality, they'll just go straight to the source - Geissele.

And they'll use a Geissele mount on it. Or a White Oak.
"Standards" and Burns/Wyoming Arms in the same sentence? LMAO........
thanks for input

While we are waiting we can see Larry Vickers and Kyle Lamb talk about Wyoming Arms.

Oh Johnny drunk boy you got some free marketing via podcast good for you.

Vickers is very vocal about shooting either hk (he helped design it after all) or a BCM (again a model he helped spec out). Time and again on social media and podcasts he recommends people buy the bcm.

Lamb has said time and again he prefers the VTAC m&p15 he designed for s&w and that’s his go to rifle. Kyle’s social media and podcasts are full of his recommendation for the VTAC rifle.

Not one of them has a single post on their social media recommending WyoArms or promoting them. Telling…..

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Check mate bitch!

Vickers is very vocal about shooting either hk (he helped design it after all) or a BCM (again a model he helped spec out).

Lamb has said time and again he prefers the VTAC m&p15 he designed for s&w and that’s his go to rifle.

Not one of them has a single post on their social media featuring WyoArms or promoting them. Telling…..

[Linked Image]

Really?

Really?

Jesus you really are either that egotistical, that illiterate or that dumb.

1. You post a shot show advertisement piece as “proof” they like your rifles when I specifically said THEIR social media accounts. Try to stay on task.

2. The discussion here was AR 15’s only and for serious use. They mentioned your AR10’s only for hunting and Kyle talked up his VTAC Sig’s just as much. Another Burns fail to follow the discussion.

3. They very early in that podcast mentioned going on an elk hunting trip together in WY (gee wonder who sponsored it). Kyle later talks about using an ar10 WyoArms and Cleckner mentions using another brand that apparently had an issue and you loaned him an AR10 of yours. Neither mentions actually owning your rifles and of course they will shoot the host companies guns on a sponsored hunt, kind of rude not to. But again not proof of your stance in the discussion here.

Nice swing and a miss yet again Burnsie now try again to post an actual post on the social media of Lamb, Vickers or even Cleckner recommending your rifles. No promotional ads/podcasts. Just actual posts on their personal social media or websites of them using or recommending your rifles.

Vickers is very vocal about shooting either hk (he helped design it after all) or a BCM (again a model he helped spec out).

Lamb has said time and again he prefers the VTAC m&p15 he designed for s&w and that’s his go to rifle.

Not one of them has a single post on their social media featuring WyoArms or promoting them. Telling…..

[Linked Image]

Really?

👍🏼

Lol
👍🏼

Why am in not surprised as Burns biggest ball washer that you too couldn’t follow the discussion here and think him posting a promotion piece mentioning a sponsored hunt using his rifles is “proof” of his rifles being quality for serious work.
👍🏼
👍🏼

Sadly you couldn’t be more wrong thinking you in any way anger me. I rather enjoy rubbing your nose in your own lies and stupidity. Hell based on all the pm’s I’ve gotten many posters find it and you in general humorous as well.

As usual when shown facts and called out on discrepancies in your posts of “proof” all you have is memes.

Yay fat Johnnie sponsored a hunt and everyone shot his rifles, he’s the best ever. Get a life and probably some counseling and diet advice……
Sadly you couldn’t be more wrong thinking you in any way anger me. I rather enjoy rubbing your nose in your own lies and stupidity. Hell based on all the pm’s I’ve gotten many posters find it and you in general humorous as well.

As usually when shown facts and discrepancies in your posts if “proof” all you have is memes.

Yay fat Johnnie sponsored a hunt and everyone shot his rifles, he’s the best ever. Get a life and probably some counseling and diet advice……

LOL.

Paging Tonto...

Isn't this thread about The Athlon Helos vs SWFA?

Didn't realize it was about gin and Marinara sauce.
👍🏼

Isn't this thread about The Athlon Helos vs SWFA?

Didn't realize it was about gin and Marinara sauce.

LMAO........
Could we delve a little deeper into the cockroaches in the restaurant?

As usually when shown facts and discrepancies in your posts if “proof” all you have is memes.

LOL.

Guess the Athlon BTRs are backordered... ordered in November. Called Cameraland and was told that they are waiting on them to come in? No ETA as of yet?
Originally Posted by Esox357
Guess the Athlon BTRs are backordered... ordered in November. Called Cameraland and was told that they are waiting on them to come in? No ETA as of yet?

I spoke with Athlon today. They assured me that a large shipment of both MIL and MOA’s were shipping to us today for arrival Friday. We will get them all on the way so you all will have them for Christmas. Anyone who missed the Black Friday sale we will honor that sale price for you through the end of the year. Just call us.
We apologize for the unexpected delay.
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug

I spoke with Athlon today. They assured me that a large shipment of both MIL and MOA’s were shipping to us today for arrival Friday. We will get them all on the way so you all will have them for Christmas. Anyone who missed the Black Friday sale we will honor that sale price for you through the end of the year. Just call us.

That’s good stuff. Thank you Doug.

That’s good stuff. Thank you Doug.

Yepp...

Doug and crew knock it out of the park for us.

Long Story Short... Looking for a new camera for the wife so I dropped Doug a PM... sent me to his brother Joel... quick phone call options/info.

Handed the data to Laura to research what camera is best for her. Her comment "Are you sure the prices are correct? (i.e. Nothing is this reasonable anywhere else).

"Yes... Doug takes care of us right well."
Thanks Doug!
I forgot but what was the BF sale price of the Helos BTR?
Originally Posted by Houser52

$250, right Doug??? whistle
Originally Posted by JGRaider

Yes, we can take a $250.00 deposit and you can pay the balance when you're ready. No worries, we do layaway smile

$423.99 and we also just did some insane packages, with the Sig Sauer Buckmaster 1500 Rangefinder for only $530.00
Originally Posted by JGRaider

Yes, we can take a $250.00 deposit and you can pay the balance when you're ready. No worries, we do layaway smile
grin
Thanks Doug
© 24hourcampfire