Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Dude270
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
I've got a few of each the OP mentioned like them both.

The athlon has noticeably better optical quality.
Illumination can't hurt, nor can locking turrets.

The Mil quad is my favorite reticle of all time but the athlon's is a splendid killing reticle.

My 3-15s have been used a lot more without a hiccup but so far my 2-12s have worked perfectly.

Both are great but if I were setting up a big game rifle tomorrow I'd pick the 2-12
Made in China? Must be proud

I'd wager the bulk of all scopes parts come from China.

Leupolds sure don't say "made in the usa" anymore.

I wish things were different but that's just the way it seems to be. I don't have S&B jingle in my pocket

Fact. If they are good, they are good. I will buy what fits my needs.

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.
GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by sbhooper

The Mil quad is my favorite reticle of all time but the athlon's is a splendid killing reticle.

My 3-15s have been used a lot more without a hiccup but so far my 2-12s have worked perfectly.

Both are great but if I were setting up a big game rifle tomorrow I'd pick the 2-12

I wish things were different but that's just the way it seems to be. I don't have S&B jingle in my pocket

I get the made in China thing, but it’s pretty funny we all use laptops, phones and other crap that is as well. At least Athlon is up front about it. Others aren’t so much.

Semper Fi
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by beretzs

I get the made in China thing, but it’s pretty funny we all use laptops, phones and other crap that is as well. At least Athlon is up front about it. Others aren’t so much.
If I could buy a laptop, phone, etc., that was made elsewhere, I would.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Was nervous there for a bit,but thankfully...no Reupold inside! Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Originally Posted by beretzs

If I could buy a laptop, phone, etc., that was made elsewhere, I would.

This! ^^^^ There's a HUGE difference between having a choice and not having a choice, especially when it comes to "toys" (wants) vs. needs.

There's also a difference between every manufacturer sourcing one component (or type of component) like leaded glass from the only country that produces it (perhaps due to environmental standards in the developed world), and a particular company making the whole product in that same country.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've zero qualm doing business,with folks who shoot things straight. Something that Reupold won't do. Hint.

Thn again,I hear through The Grapevine,that the 2-12's track,repeat and hold zero too...which are refreshing changes. Hint................(grin)

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
the 3-15 SWFA I tested demonstrated right reticle travel when dialed up for windage. keep in mind the actual POI will be the opposite of the reticle travel when viewing it moving. I have a 20x SWFA SS fixed model that has right reticle travel and the clicks don't match up. To be fair its very possible not to notice either of the flaws in either scope in actual use if you don't dial the scope very much or far in its erector travel ie only shooting to 500 yards. for the haters tracking doesn't change if its in a PRS match or a playground, or for that matter in a laboratory. the error will be error regardless of location.

we need to put to bed the notion the SWFA scopes are flawless. some models may very well be. the 3x9 is excellent, both glass and tracking. the 10x tracking excellent. 3-15 and 20x FAIL. want reliable and proven, buy a nightforce.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I just ordered a 2-12 to go on my 6.5 PRC. It's replacing a 10x SWFA SS. Love the scope, tracks very well, but I just don't like the reticle at last light. Looks like the Athlon will solve that.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
In "fairness" I barely have 100 SWFA scopes and it's "quaint" that cumsincowboys with her (3) SuperSoaker "rifles",has "issues" with her wares that don't exist. Hint.

Bless her poor poor(literally) heart,for trying though.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...........

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Anyone happen to know the mounting distance on the Athlon 2-12? Pdf attached to the 2-12 says 5.8 inches. That seems a tad long for an 11 inch scope, esp given the 5.1 inches for the NF SHV 3-10 of the same length.

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
What in the EXACT fhuqk,is "mounting distance",in your book? Hint...............

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hint: the maximum allowable distance between the ocular and objective lens housing. Not everyone is enamored with a rail.....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by bwinters
Hint: the maximum allowable distance between the ocular and objective lens housing. Not everyone is enamored with a rail.....

Dumbfhuqk,

A rail doesn't "change" that. Hint.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
5.876 is what I get on mine

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by LeftHunter
5.876 is what I get on mine

Thank you.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Big Stick

Dumbfhuqk,

Maybe you could enlighten me on the purpose of the slots on the top side of a picattiny rail? And while your at it, maybe you could pontificate on the lowest ring/picatnny rail system. I actually might could learn something.........

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I could do a lot of things,all of which are beyond your "means","abilities" and "comprehension"...not that I don't enjoy your Hurt Feeler Reports and Professional Victim Status updates. Hint.

Don't "forget",that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your poor poor(literally) heart,for doing your best.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Couldn't stand it...and wanted it done/did,for fresh tracks in the snow. Hint..............

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Kaleb
I got a 2-12 Friday. I mounted it on a 6 creedmoor for my wife and I ordered another one for my self. Limited use so far but I like it enough to quickly reorder.
Do us a solid - set the focus for whatever range with the rifle on a rest. Then, while looking through the scope, move your eye back & forth, up & down. Does the reticle appear to move around the target?

Last Athlon I tried had >3 MOA of vertical parallax that couldn't be adjusted out.

Politics is War by Other Means
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Big Stick

Dumbfhuqk,

Maybe you could enlighten me on the purpose of the slots on the top side of a picattiny rail? And while your at it, maybe you could pontificate on the lowest ring/picatnny rail system. I actually might could learn something.........

You will never get a straight answer from Stick.

I bought one of these from Doug a while back (came out about $425+/-). Very very impressive low cost scope. The Eye Box is NOT great (i.e. typical of a 2-12 in this price range).

I have a tackle box of Leupold STD rings... Super Low to Super high... regular and extended. I'll report back with what my final selection is. Best guess is Medium, but maybe Low will work. Doubt the extended will be needed.

Stick does post picks and that is a good thing. He also hunts in real time... another positive (i.e. he doesn't repost pics from 2 decades ago like Burns always does).

But his gammar and spelling is atrocious.

Durable quality scope for cheap money...

Stick will whine about Leupold STDs... but they are fine iffing ya ain't a gorilla troll.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

140 members (35, arky65, 240NMC, 10Glocks, afisher, 11 invisible), 1,508 guests, and 817 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,603
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.