-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Scopes posted have 42 Mil's on the erector and 10 more on the etched reticle. If Reupold could hang,I'd simply be using them...but alas. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Yeah.
The 4.5-14 on my .264 hardly dials over 1 mile.
Leupold Virtues.
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Meh, I am much more impressed with pics of boxes and salmon.

Damn.

Tough crowd in the optic forum tonight.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Yeah.
Leupold Virtues.

Damn.

could this mean people are done with your bullshit.. not even just this form but other places.. hint ... play the way you know the sunset

Last edited by ldholton; 12/08/22.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ldholton
Yeah.
Leupold Virtues.

Damn.

could this mean people are done with your bullshit.. not even just this form but other places.. hint ... play the way you know the sunset

Definitely drink water. Then go nite-nite

😂

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
You cup like non other.

IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
This thread weird. What was this about?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rickshaw

Whose erector was bigger.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Leupold Virtues.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
You cup like non other.
Originally Posted by rcamuglia

Whose erector was bigger.

Leupold Virtues.
It’s a retard reunion.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H

That's part of what I was hinting at in the 3rd post of this thread.

I have done a good bit of reading on both. The Athlon doesn't stand up very well to the various torture tests that they are run through.

You can only expect so much with Chinese manufacturing.

It isn't so much the Chinese manufacturing. It is who does QA/QC. Most manufacturers build to a price point.

Why is abbreviate such a long word
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Rude of me,not to fuel all the very WELL founded Insecurities you gals proffer and sometimes I get to laughing so fhuqking hard,I miss one. Hint.

Now if only in "fairness",yesterday's Mail just happened to have (50) boxes in it. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

How come Reupold can't say "100% Made In USA" anymore? It's a shame they are so soft and unreliable. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This is the guy who wrote earlier in the thread that he took his new AThlon to the range and when I dialed 60 clicks got 63. I said I like the scope and got a little grief over it.

Today I went back to the range and if anyone cares, I am getting 62 clicks when I dial 60. I can live with that and will just build it into my drop chart.

I had a little more time today and would shoot once and then dial the scope back-and-forth a lot and then shoot the 60 clicks.(that is the farthest apart I can shoot my groups on my target).

I shot at different magnifications and parallax settings. And even though I said I wouldn’t do it again after having bent the windage knob on a previous scope, I put out my shooting pad on some mostly packed snow and did some drops.

My shooting pad is 1 inch thick, so very different from the half inch pad used in the tests mentioned on the other forum. I skipped The 18 inch drops and shooting after every drop and just dropped it three times on the left side from 36 inches, three times on the top the scope, then three times and it’s right side.

My first shot after the drops was about 2/3 of an inch right, then the next ones were right back where they should be.

Then I repeated it, so altogether I dropped the rifle and scope 18 times. My next shot touched the previous bullet hole before the drops.

I know this isn’t scientific and I’m not doing 20 shot groups to find true centers etc. I’m just messing around. But now I really like the scope. I was worried about buying a Chinese scope but I am going to use this and just not worry about it.

I have the target if anyone wants me to take pictures and upload them.

Last edited by IDMilton; 12/09/22.

The never-ending flight
Of future days.
Paradise Lost. Book ii. Line 221
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
ID, great stuff buddy.

I have 4 of them now. Never dropped one but they’ve been piled into and out of a few trucks now and slightly “dropped” and never bobbled.

I guess you pay your money and take your chances. I trust them if they are mounted up in good mounts and taken care of while mounted.

Semper Fi
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by IDMilton
This is the guy who wrote earlier in the thread that he took his new AThlon to the range and when I dialed 60 clicks got 63. I said I like the scope and got a little grief over it.

Today I went back to the range and if anyone cares, I am getting 62 clicks when I dial 60. I can live with that and will just build it into my drop chart.

I had a little more time today and would shoot once and then dial the scope back-and-forth a lot and then shoot the 60 clicks.(that is the farthest apart I can shoot my groups on my target).

I shot at different magnifications and parallax settings. And even though I said I wouldn’t do it again after having bent the windage knob on a previous scope, I put out my shooting pad on some mostly packed snow and did some drops.

My shooting pad is 1 inch thick, so very different from the half inch pad used in the tests mentioned on the other forum. I skipped The 18 inch drops and shooting after every drop and just dropped it three times on the left side from 36 inches, three times on the top the scope, then three times and it’s right side.

My first shot after the drops was about 2/3 of an inch right, then the next ones were right back where they should be.

Then I repeated it, so altogether I dropped the rifle and scope 18 times. My next shot touched the previous bullet hole before the drops.

I know this isn’t scientific and I’m not doing 20 shot groups to find true centers etc. I’m just messing around. But now I really like the scope. I was worried about buying a Chinese scope but I am going to use this and just not worry about it.

Thank You Sir!

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Good deal ID. If worried about it I will stick a neoprene cover over it to provide a little padding. And not drop it.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Base/ring selection matters,as does ring spacing. Hint................

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by IDMilton

I’ve read these are piles of crap and can’t take any movement without shifting zero. Mine has been fine though. Go figure.

Talking to you is like trying to nail jello to the wall.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Base/ring selection matters,as does ring spacing. Hint................

John Burns sells a base with 24 screws and 78 contact points...

Do you approve?

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Only shot (4) rifles today,wearing said glass. I've yet to see or shoot a bobble. Hint.................

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Only shot (4) rifles today,wearing said glass. I've yet to see or shoot a bobble. Hint.................
how would you compare the Athlon model discussed here. vs a new Arken light weight model ..

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (1234, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 007FJ, 10ring1, 55 invisible), 2,223 guests, and 1,233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,254
Posts18,486,311
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.