Home
Posted By: Beaver10 Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/17/19
My neighbor can over yesterday asking to borrow my torque wrench and boresighter to remount his older glossed VX3 3.5-10x40 on a Browning BAR.

He’d had it mounted on an old Remington 7mag for the last 20 years. Since upgrading to a VX5 scope for his 7mag, he wanted to repurpose the VX3 on his BAR....But, the scopes elevation wouldn’t track...He’d turn the turret up and the crosshairs wouldn’t move, then all of a sudden, it would start creeping up slightly, until he’d run out of elevation.

He sends the scope to Leupold and 1.5 weeks later he’s at my door asking for tools and a boresighter. I’m helping and I see the same issues happening that caused him to send the scope in for repairs...Neighbor is now ultra pissed. I just shrugged and said, “Well you got 20 good years out of it.”

He comes back tonight to tell me he called Leupold today and they said they checked his scope and it was within their specifications for accurate tracking. He asked them what exactly was that supposed to mean, being the turret gets turned but the crosshairs don’t move until he’s almost out of adjustment...The Leupold CS dude said that’s how the scope works...Neighbor is looking at me with disbelief and frustration...

I asked what he said to the guy after that answer. He said I asked who makes a good scope? The Leupold dude said Nightforce. LMFAO!

😎
Originally Posted by Beaver10
My neighbor can over yesterday asking to borrow my torque wrench and boresighter to remount his older glossed VX3 3.5-10x40 on a Browning BAR.

He’d had it mounted on an old Remington 7mag for the last 20 years. Since upgrading to a VX5 scope for his 7mag, he wanted to repurpose the VX3 on his BAR....But, the scopes elevation wouldn’t track...He’d turn the turret up and the crosshairs wouldn’t move, then all of a sudden, it would start creeping up slightly, until he’d run out of elevation.

He sends the scope to Leupold and 1.5 weeks later he’s at my door asking for tools and a boresighter. I’m helping and I see the same issues happening that caused him to send the scope in for repairs...Neighbor is now ultra pissed. I just shrugged and said, “Well you got 20 good years out of it.”

He comes back tonight to tell me he called Leupold today and they said they checked his scope and it was within their specifications for accurate tracking. He asked them what exactly was that supposed to mean, being the turret gets turned but the cross don’t move until he’s almost out of adjustment...The Leupold CS dude said that’s how the scope works...Neighbor is looking at me with disbelief and frustration...

I asked what he said to the guy after that answer. He said I asked who makes a good scope? The Leupold dude said Nightforce. LMFAO!

😎

Oh, that is fu cking funny. I was at the range last friday and 2 Leupold employees were up there shooting. One was testing out a new heavy barreled Savage. He had a nice Leupold VX5 sitting on top. It wouldn't track for chit either. I almost said something, but was nice and kept my comments to myself. Before the guy even shot the rifle, I said that rifle should be a tackdriver. He commented on it being new. I watched as he shot 5 shots into a 3" group. He said, "this ammo is chit"!! He then tried some different ammo and it printed 9" low and 4 inches to the left from the first group. He fired off 3 shots and it looked to be about a 5" group. That kind of inaccuracy was not all attributed to the rifle. The Leupold employee didn't know how to shoot said rifle and it was obvious the scope had some issues. I damned near said, hey do you want me to shoot that rifle for you to see what's going on with it..... The whole thing was quite comical.
Posted By: keith Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/17/19
Beaver, not sure that you understand what has happened with that scope.

Barrels, actions may tilt a barrel way off center line. Often, the barrel was drilled in such a way that the bore is off center in the barrel or exiting at an angle. Then the only option is for the scope to adjust to that mis alignment. Scopes only have so much adjustment, so you have to go to a scope that has much more adjustment.

I have had one bad leupold in 35 years, and for a production item, that is not a bad track history.
Posted By: hanco Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/17/19
I have 30 plus Leupold scopes, I have no issues with them. I’ve had to shim a couple, because I didn’t have enough elevation. I have a couple of 99’s I needed to use the Burris offset inserts, because I didn’t have enough windage, I’m sorry your friend is having issues, I’m sure he is frustrated.
Posted By: Switch Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/17/19
Here we go! It's pile on time! Had a Leopold mounted on a rifle that fell out of a scabbard on a horse and dented the objective bell, damn thing wouldn't track after that. Sent it in and customer service was crap, took 11 days to get it back and the jerks didn't even charge me!
Posted By: yobuck Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/17/19

He comes back tonight to tell me he called Leupold today and they said they checked his scope and it was within their specifications for accurate tracking. He asked them what exactly was that supposed to mean, being the turret gets turned but the crosshairs don’t move until he’s almost out of adjustment...The Leupold CS dude said that’s how the scope works...Neighbor is looking at me with disbelief and frustration...

😎

Well based on my own experience with Leupold over a period of many years, i have a problem with the story.
For example, about 6 years ago i bought a gun from a friend I didn’t want or need. But it had a nice old 3.5x10 Leupold on it which i did want. I already had 2 others on other guns, but had a need for another. I didn’t like the reticle however and sent it to Leupold for a reticle change for which they wanted $90.
A couple weeks later i received a card asking me to call them about my scope, and gave me the work order #.
When i did, the tech told me that they had discovered a problem in the scope when they checked it out.
And due to the age of the scope they no longer had the needed part to fix it. So they offered to replace the scope with a new one of the
Same description as the old one. But if i wanted the reticle change i would still have to pay the difference. So i ended up with a brand new 3.5x10 VX3 for 90 bucks replacing the one that was about 30 years old.
As for the dialing issues, we do lots of that in our PA long range only camp. And there has never been a single issue with any of the Leupold scopes with regard to that issue.
Operator error
Posted By: DakotaDeer Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/17/19
So the elevation adjustment was either sticking or the spring is worn out/broken. Not working acceptably for sure and not acceptable customer service either.

Your neighbor might try running the adjustments on the scope up and down, back and forth, 25 times from end-to-end. Sometimes this is all it takes to redistribute the grease and loosen the spring so that it works well again for another decade. If the spring is somehow broken or truly worn out, then it won't help any. But it is a free fix that seems to limber up about half of the Leupolds I've tried it on.
Posted By: dale06 Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/17/19
I’ve used Leupolds almost exclusively since 1974. Suppose I have 20 or so at this time. Have had zero problems with their rifle scopes.
Posted By: irfubar Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/17/19
Here we go again...

Beav you are a chit stirrer....

Leupolds are great I have 132 of them and nary a problemo
GFY... smile
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/17/19
Well damn! I should have noticed the barrel looked more like a dogs hind leg than a barrel...Laffin.

And that those stupid turrets are only made for appearance purposes and aren’t really supposed to move or adjust a reticle...Laffin at you more.

1.5 MOA of adjustment producing 1/2 MOA of reticle movement is good for you guys? I guess. SMFH 😎
Don't forget to tap on it with a rock after you turn the dial..... rookies sheesh
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Operator error

Since you can’t post pics of your hunting endeavors - Maybe you can share your secrets on which dress and purse combo you’re planning on wearing in the field this year for the TN deer opener?

Show us something, anything, you know how to operate, aside from your boyfriends ass. 😂🖕🏿🖕🏾🖕🏼😎

Originally Posted by irfubar
Don't forget to tap on it with a rock after you turn the dial..... rookies sheesh

Brother, I was more surprised at what the Loopy CS rep said to my neighbor about the scope being within “their” spec.

Holly Shît! That ain’t a spec...That’s just calling turrets that don’t incrementally move, the new normal. 😎

Brother, I was more surprised at what the Loopy CS rep said to my neighbor about the scope being within “their” spec.

Holly Shît! That ain’t a spec...That’s just calling turrets that don’t incrementally move the new normal. 😎

I understand brother Beav.... seems Leupold lives in a fantasy world...... but the fanboys never disappoint.
I got into dialing Leupold's back in the day when Big Stick had a you tube video playing fetch with his young son tossing a Leupold 3,5-10 and claiming how tuff they are, well I fell for it and it cost me.
It’s all part of the fun if you’re into guns, optics and reloading. I’m losing patience having to climb over rifles to get at the ones I want in the safes...Must sell guns...😬😎
Well damn! I should have noticed the barrel looked more like a dogs hind leg than a barrel...Laffin.

And that those stupid turrets are only made for appearance purposes and aren’t really supposed to move or adjust a reticle...Laffin at you more.

1.5 MOA of adjustment producing 1/2 MOA of reticle movement is good for you guys? I guess. SMFH 😎

Obviously its good enough for some. The fan boys just dont twist turrets or care about it holding zero. They just blame it on the rifle or the stock warped or some other horse chidt.
Posted By: DakotaDeer Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/17/19
Never use a rock on a turret, just a hard whack with your palm will do it!
Posted By: peeshooter Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/17/19
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Obviously its good enough for some. The fan boys just dont twist turrets or care about it holding zero. They just blame it on the rifle or the stock warped or some other horse chidt.

Wrong, as usual.
Posted By: lone wolf Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/17/19

This works best cool
Posted By: Judman Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/18/19
I'm gonna live dangerously, yet again.... I hear they "work" for me, because I don't shoot alot.....😂😂
I'll pack several extras,lots of ammo, several Talley light weights, extra bolt handles and a Lincoln wirefeed!!!! This shiit is really serious!!!😂
Posted By: irfubar Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/18/19
Originally Posted by Judman
I'm gonna live dangerously, yet again.... I hear they "work" for me, because I don't shoot alot.....😂😂

Jud,

If you would get off your couch and try shooting a bit your Leupold will go tits up....... smile
Oooops, I know!!!😂😂
It's funny, it was Leopold or bust for now many years?? Then the wheels really tell off!!! Some say the old ones are good, the new ones are [bleep], some say the new ones are great, some not.... Very confusing....😂😂
It's a crap shoot. Takes about 5 or 6 to get a good one.... new old doesn't seem to matter. I own more Leupolds than any other brand. I do not trust them though.

Just the last month I have had a super sniper 6x , Burris Veracity, Athlon Midas Tac , Vortex razor go bad......

Maybe it's time to try Nighforce?
Posted By: kingston Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/18/19
It’s all part of the fun if you’re into guns, optics and reloading. I’m losing patience having to climb over rifles to get at the ones I want in the safes...Must sell guns...😬😎

Build a vault. i.e. a gun safe big enough your guns, a couch, two leather arm chairs, and a minibar.
I'll pack several extras,lots of ammo, several Talley light weights, extra bolt handles and a Lincoln wirefeed!!!! This shiit is really serious!!!😂

Fugking archery hunters.
Originally Posted by kingston

Build a vault. i.e. a gun safe big enough your guns, a couch, two leather arm chairs, and a minibar.

Perfect.... and make it bomb proof... a bunker.... smile
Beav,

Did you guys use one three hundred foot tape or three one hundred foot tapes to set your target?

You preppers just can't relax unless the walls are lined with canned green beans.

You preppers just can't relax unless the walls are lined with canned green beans.

Rookie.... 5 gal pails beans and rice... stops a 50 cal
Beav,

Did you guys use one three hundred foot tape or three one hundred foot tapes to set your target?

You have to use a steel tape... non of that stretchy fabric tape bullchit.... these things matter when it comes to Leupy turrets
Beav,

You have to use a steel tape... non of that stretchy fabric tape bullchit.... these things matter when it comes to Leupy turrets

At 68°F otherwise the tape must be calibrated for ambient temperature at rate specified by http://www.leupold.com/methoxidic_table_calebration/steeltape?
FYI: The link usually works on the third try.
Posted By: pete53 Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/18/19
all my Leupolds have worked fine on my hunting rifles,but i do like Nightforce on my bench rifles, a close friend has been using Leupold bench scopes on his bench rifles this year and has done very well with Leupold scopes in competition.we don`t use guns we shoot RIFLES AT THE RIFLE RANGE !
Posted By: Hudge Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/18/19
I just sent a VX3i back to Leupold today due to tracking issues. My experience is very similar to Beaver 10's neighbors issue. Tracks good up and down, left to right is crap.
Posted By: 163bc Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/18/19
Leupold has been a solid performer for me for decades.
Posted By: Clarkm Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/18/19

Here is a 10 second 2012 video of me showing how my 2004 Leupold Mark IV tracks while looking at a Leupold zero point. I have positioned the camera with an x-y rack and pinion from a large microscope. The exit pupil is large enough for the eye or a camera, but when the scope is vertical or horizontal are adjusted, the image moves. The human head with move with it to follow the image, but this camera does not.... so I can only adjust the scope a few moa and keep an image going to the camera.

I have over 50 Leupolds with few complaints.

I have 1 zeiss and complaints... I should write up the phone call I had with THEM last week.
I have 1 nightforce nxs and a complaint
I have 5 IORs and complaints
I have 1 USO and complaints
I have 1 Schmidt and Bender and a complaint
I have 3 SWFA and complaints
I have 1 B&L and complaints
I have X Burris' and complaints
I have X Bushnell and complaints
I have 3 Sightrons and complaints
I have X Weavers and complaints
I have 1 Swarovski and a complaint
I have x Nikons and complaints
I have x Vortex and complaints
The Lyman and Unertl scopes are so old, I should not complain

Scopes that are mounted with the tube so far from parallel with the bore, that the scope cannot be sighted in..... is not the scope's fault.

What’s the complaint on the nightforce Clarke?
Dats a lotta complaints Clark!
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/18/19
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Dats a lotta complaints Clark!

And it still doesn’t come close to the number of Leupold complaints.

One could argue that more critters have died being viewed thru a Leupold scope...YMMV...Shoot away with whatever suits you.

VX6 glass sure is nice...😎
They all fail, wonder what the real number of nightforce/leupold, leupold/swfa, 1000-1, maybe higher?? Run whatcha brung...
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: ChetAF Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/18/19

😎

Did you try pressing on the turret until your thumbnail turned white? That is the test they use at the service department.
A friend of mine thought he was having trouble with his rifle. They took the scope cap off and pushed on the dial and it was moving around. This was an OLD Vari X II 3-9 and he sent it back to Leupold. They said they couldn't fix it and sent him a NIB VX-3i 3.5-10. He's a happy camper.

I'll stick with Leupold.
Posted By: Mauser06 Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/18/19
Could the rings have been tightened down too much??? Wouldn't be the first time someone overtightened rings and blamed the scope for it. It functioning properly.
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/19/19
Originally Posted by Mauser06
Could the rings have been tightened down too much??? Wouldn't be the first time someone overtightened rings and blamed the scope for it. It functioning properly.

22 ft pounds....Maybe it was the scope. Just the scope and nothing more than the scope. Rally around that idea. 😎
They all fail, wonder what the real number of nightforce/leupold, leupold/swfa, 1000-1, maybe higher?? Run whatcha brung...

Everything has a failure rate. However, the difference between a Leupold- any Leupold, and a Nightforce- any Nightforce is worlds apart. That is not a guess. It is not based on seeing a couple of scopes. It is not based on what scope I like. It is not based on opinion. It is based on hundreds of scopes from each being measured and used. In an average year I will directly see 40-50 Leupolds shot and tested. Well over half will have total failures. In that same year I will see twice as many Nightforces and the failure rate has been 0% for the last decade.

The sniper weapon system optic with highest failure in modern (post 70’s) US military history is the 3.5-10x40 M3LR with near 25% failure rate. The scope with lowest failure rate in US mil issuance history is the Nightforce 3.5-15x50 NXS F1 at less than 1%. Those “failure” rates are from SWS’s being turned in for repair.
Posted By: Journeyman Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/19/19

22 ft pounds....Maybe it was the scope. Just the scope and nothing more than the scope. Rally around that idea. 😎

I'm no Leupold fan, but that could be a contributing factor! whistle
Originally Posted by Journeyman

Rings were steel PRW’s, screws could still be “easily” turned with small Allen Wrench by hand tighter. Neighbor thought farmer tight would be preferred, not on these rings... After some Googlefu found a Leupold spec for PRW’s at 22lbs. 😎

Rings were steel PRW’s, screws could still be “easily” turned with small Allen Wrench by hand tighter. Neighbor thought farmer tight would be preferred, not on these rings... After some Googlefu found a Leupold spec for PRW’s at 22lbs. 😎

22 inch ounds of fûck’n torque...You better now? Good! 😎
Yeah, I forgot the “p” in pounds so you can bold that as well....Still the scope. Sorry 😎
Posted By: 79S Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/19/19
I will keep my story of my 6x swfa failure to myself.. and it was mounted on AR15..
Posted By: irfubar Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/19/19
Yeah, I forgot the “p” in pounds so you can bold that as well....Still the scope. Sorry 😎

Damn Beav, I was picturing you leaning on the screws with a 1/2 torque wrench....... smile
Was a joke, dude. See the little smiley? If you don't find the comedy in the the ft/in thing, while you were making an argument against over-torquing you either have a dull sense of humor or are just one of those azzholes that can't be wrong...
Or...you might try vagisil...

Damn Beav, I was picturing you leaning on the screws with a 1/2 torque wrench....... smile

Nah afterwards he used same torque wrench to torque the heads on a motor he was rebuilding..
Originally Posted by 79S
I will keep my story of my 6x swfa failure to myself.. and it was mounted on AR15..

Was the barrel bent? Receiver too tall? Boresighter broken? Stock oversized?

SWFA’s fail, all scopes can fail...Hilarious to read these donkeys protecting their Leupolds like baby chicks. Shît breaks sometimes, especially if you do more than just look at your scopes and say “Oh, my, she’s so pretty”. LMAO 😂😎
I ever tell you all the story what scope I used on my sheep rifle last yr? It was a vortex diamondback 3-9x40.. a yr later it still holds zero.. according to the 24 hour brain trust that's a ph ucking miracle..
My swfa 6x failed because I didn't use a steel tape at 73 deg Fahrenheit to measure the 100yds..... oh wait that had nothing to do with it, that was a Leupold..... smile
Originally Posted by 79S

SWFA’s fail, all scopes can fail...Hilarious to read these donkeys protecting their Leupolds like baby chicks. Shît breaks sometimes, especially if you do more than just look at your scopes and say “Oh, my, she’s so pretty”. LMAO 😂😎

How's the Chevy big block rebuild coming along, can I use your torque wrench to torque my scope rings lol...
I have had enough experience with the 3.5-10 Leupold to understand exactly what Beav is sayin..... must just be a coincidence.... hmmm
I hate Leupolds. Every time I run across a nicely priced 2.5-8x36 , I buy it.
Was a joke, dude. See the little smiley? If you don't find the comedy in the the ft/in thing, while you were making an argument against over-torquing you either have a dull sense of humor or are just one of those azzholes that can't be wrong...

Your 😂 face was on your first post...Didn’t see a second one, only your skill at bold fonts...I have a great sense of humor, especially kicking defenders of stupid in the clam when their fear of a beloved scope is being attacked.

Things break...It was the manner in how Leupold CS handled the call saying the returned scope was within their spec. And, telling my neighbor NF makes a good scope.

Vagisil has many uses...Especially loosening a key stuck on bold font for someone 😬🤣😎😜
Posted By: ChrisAU Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/19/19
If Leupold had the reputation of NF or even SWFA I’d only own Loopys. I honestly wish they did, their myriad of offerings plus the USA factor is nice.
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

How's the Chevy big block rebuild coming along, can I use your torque wrench to torque my scope rings lol...

Got it pulled out ok...Just trying to find a solid mounting system to get it onto my 6.5 PRC. 😎
Posted By: Judman Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/19/19
Originally Posted by 79S

Your lying!!!! Just like the pages of nightforce failures!!! Laffin
My SWFA 6x had erectile dysfunction... shocking I know but true

Brother, you are hard on scopes and women...LIKE BUTTON 👍🏻😎

Brother, you are hard on scopes and women...LIKE BUTTON 👍🏻😎

Simple brother Beav, they better perform or down the road they go.....
Posted By: ctsmith Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/19/19
What Formidolosus said. He doesn't make this stuff up. He shoots strait.

Jud, we can compare with some long range dialing soon enough. grin
👍

Gotta love it, a leupold integrity thread turns into a shooting comp!! 😂 btw, I think I might bring my one and only nightforce!! 🤭

Posted By: gunner500 Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/19/19
LOL, that does it, I'm going to have to use my old BAR 338 with a 1-3/4-5 Burris! grin that sombitch is rock steady.
If you like leupold, you either, don’t shoot enough, are a road hunter, don’t hunt very hard, or are a liar!!!! Then the shootout competition comes up!! TFF
Posted By: battue Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/19/19
Originally Posted by gunner500
LOL, that does it, I'm going to have to use my old BAR 338 with a 1-3/4-5 Burris! grin that sombitch is rock steady.

Stay home, got you beat already. New Leopold Beeeg Bore on a like new pre 64....And I aint lying....

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Smiley.... grin
Posted By: ctsmith Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/19/19
If you like Leupold, it serves your needs, plain and simple. If it didn't you wouldnt like them. I don't think you'll find one objective person in the long range shooting crowd, the PRS crowd, the tactical crowd, (the guys that shoot and dial) that will claim Leupold is on par with NF and SWFA in terms of tracking and reliability. I don't even think that subject is up for debate anymore, that ship has sailed. But on the other hand Leupold serves the needs of many, no denying that.

What I think is a tragedy is that we lost the Campfire Exclusive Leupold Presentation to give us comfort. They should have left that master piece up for all to see. I'm sorry but after that debacle I can't even take them serious anymore. Doug, did you ever get any feedback from Leupold (I know the answer but had to ask).
Posted By: DakotaDeer Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/19/19
Originally Posted by Formidilosus
Everything has a failure rate. However, the difference between a Leupold- any Leupold, and a Nightforce- any Nightforce is worlds apart. That is not a guess. It is not based on seeing a couple of scopes. It is not based on what scope I like. It is not based on opinion. It is based on hundreds of scopes from each being measured and used. In an average year I will directly see 40-50 Leupolds shot and tested. Well over half will have total failures. In that same year I will see twice as many Nightforces and the failure rate has been 0% for the last decade.

The sniper weapon system optic with highest failure in modern (post 70’s) US military history is the 3.5-10x40 M3LR with near 25% failure rate. The scope with lowest failure rate in US mil issuance history is the Nightforce 3.5-15x50 NXS F1 at less than 1%. Those “failure” rates are from SWS’s being turned in for repair.

thanks for the actual factual info, it is appreciated
Posted By: hanco Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/19/19
Send me all the Leupold scopes you don’t want.
Originally Posted by ctsmith
If you like Leupold, it serves your needs, plain and simple. If it didn't you wouldnt like them. I don't think you'll find one objective person in the long range shooting crowd, the PRS crowd, the tactical crowd, (the guys that shoot and dial) that will claim Leupold is on par with NF and SWFA in terms of tracking and reliability. I don't even think that subject is up for debate anymore, that ship has sailed. But on the other hand Leupold serves the needs of many, no denying that.

What I think is a tragedy is that we lost the Campfire Exclusive Leupold Presentation to give us comfort. They should have left that master piece up for all to see. I'm sorry but after that debacle I can't even take them serious anymore. Doug, did you ever get any feedback from Leupold (I know the answer but had to ask).

There’s NO WAY a Leupold scope could serve anyone’s needs. Someone on the internet said so. Laughing
Originally Posted by hanco
Send me all the Leupold scopes you don’t want.

....Them Loopys work great when your shoot’n pigs in a blanket-cage at point blank range Jethro. 😬🙄😜😎
Posted By: mathman Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/19/19
Originally Posted by 79S
I ever tell you all the story what scope I used on my sheep rifle last yr? It was a vortex diamondback 3-9x40.. a yr later it still holds zero.. according to the 24 hour brain trust that's a ph ucking miracle..

Don't waste your time and money on a lottery ticket, your luck is already used up. grin
Originally Posted by battue

Stay home, got you beat already. New Leopold Beeeg Bore on a like new pre 64....And I aint lying....

Smiley.... grin

Nice Stick...

LIKE 👍🏻😎
Posted By: fredIII Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/20/19
I GAVE a guy a vx3 and he sent it back. Can’t give the [bleep] things away. I have three left out of what was once over 30. A pistol x4 power and an old vxII 4-12x40. And a VX3 that will be for sale cheap. They will have to get their [bleep] straight before I buy anything they are peddling.
Posted By: kingston Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/20/19
These Leupold threads are making us better people.
Posted By: hanco Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/20/19
Poor poor old Leupold!
Posted By: battue Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/20/19

Nice Stick...

LIKE 👍🏻😎

Thanks, hoping to break it in this season. It was held captive for way too long.

I was never able to see that, is there any other way to watch it? Anyone have it saved?
Posted By: beretzs Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/20/19
Originally Posted by Bigvalleyboy

I was never able to see that, is there any other way to watch it? Anyone have it saved?

I don't think it was saved, but honestly, you didn't miss much and your head would hurt more if you could watch it..
Posted By: Switch Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/20/19
If you like leupold, you either, don’t shoot enough, are a road hunter, don’t hunt very hard, or are a liar!!!! Then the shootout competition comes up!! TFF

Judman, you're a stud!!! Just surprised you don't just use a Bowie knife!
Posted By: Judman Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/20/19
Thank you!! And yes I have, fun shiit, though not for everyone.
Hank has one of these in the works for me, a Bowie replica, I’ll be real studly in Kauai come February,...
I’ll have him engrave “leupold “ on the blade... 🤭
Posted By: ctsmith Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/20/19
Jud, I'd do better in a shoot off than a tussle with your big ass. grin
🤣🤣. Hopefully the coues will be under 200!! Haha
Good times are near. Can't wait!
Yep I’m bringing the nightforce, sure as shiit I bring a leupold I’ll get my first failure, and I’ll never hear the end of it!!! 😂😂
Thats my luck. grin Man I'm fired up. Bama, Washington, and Texas (I know Greg lives in AZ but he's still a Texan). What a crew!
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/20/19

Yeah, I posted before that rasslin' with Jud would be like attacking a feral hog. Nothing to grab onto.....thick legs, thicker upstairs.....gristle looking head......low center of gravity.....no fear.........good luck with that. I would have loved to see him knock the taste out of SH's or Stick;s mouth though.
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/20/19
Originally Posted by JGRaider

Yeah, I posted before that rasslin' with Jud would be like attacking a feral hog. Nothing to grab onto.....thick legs, thicker upstairs.....gristle looking head......low center of gravity.....no fear.........good luck with that. I would have loved to see him knock the taste out of SH's or Stick;s mouth though.

LMAO 😂🤣 Exactly!

He’d throw you around for fun like a grizzly..Hammer on a guy for a bit, then stop...dude tries to get up and Jud starts the beating process all over again, like a bear will do. Spray don’t work on Jud either...Hint. 😎
Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by Bigvalleyboy

I don't think it was saved, but honestly, you didn't miss much and your head would hurt more if you could watch it..

Yeah. There really wasn’t much useful info in there. It was a cookie cutter presentation even though a touch of personalized campfire edition. Lol

They did throw out some failure rates , but that had to be a mistake as they were so low. That or the ‘specs’ are chit. The latter may be true given the common issues.
Posted By: Journeyman Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/21/19

Your 😂 face was on your first post...Didn’t see a second one, only your skill at bold fonts...I have a great sense of humor, especially kicking defenders of stupid in the clam when their fear of a beloved scope is being attacked.

Things break...It was the manner in how Leupold CS handled the call saying the returned scope was within their spec. And, telling my neighbor NF makes a good scope.

Vagisil has many uses...Especially loosening a key stuck on bold font for someone 😬🤣😎😜

Thanks for clearing clearing this up: You're "just one of those azzholes that can't be wrong..."

Even when you are.
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/21/19
I was wrong...I’am an azzhole...Glad your vag is healing...😎
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/21/19
I’ve used Leupold scopes for 50 years and only had one fail.

The other one works just fine.......

laugh
Posted By: fredIII Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/21/19
Originally Posted by MadMooner

laugh

Congratulations on making it 50 years and not doing any shooting. 😉

Jud ain’t mean
You just gotta rub his belly and he will go to sleep. If you want a kill shot make him a warm glass of milk. 😂🤣🤣😂🤜🏻
100% on the [bleep] head [bleep] head show.
Posted By: Clarkm Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/21/19

laugh

I have collected 50 Leupolds over the last 25 years and had one fail.
I milled out a slim scope rail from an AR15 riser. It cantilevered back over a Mosin Nagant receiver. The recoil made the scope shake up and down like a diving board. It shook the reticle loose and it fell down. Leupold sent me a new scope. The failed scope was a Vari-x-ii 2x7 and they sent me a new VX-I 2x7. I put an aftermarket elevation turret on that new scope and shot 5 deer in 2008.

My father was a gun designer for military contracts. The sight adjustments he designed were split gear, so there was no backlash. There is nothing like that in a sporting rifle scope turret. I have seen enough backlash is my lathe, mill, and Grover guitar tuners that I soon find if I want approach and adjustment clockwise or counterclockwise to be loading the spring. As seen in my above video, I cannot find backlash with the Leupold turrets. With the Leupold Zero point I can probably resolve 1/4 ~1/2 moa. With a simple screw and a spring in consumer scopes, there must be some backlash, I just can't see it.

Posted By: Judman Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/21/19
Originally Posted by fredIII

Jud ain’t mean
You just gotta rub his belly and he will go to sleep. If you want a kill shot make him a warm glass of milk. 😂🤣🤣😂🤜🏻
100% on the [bleep] head [bleep] head show.

Rub my peter I’ll be real nice!! 😆
Posted By: HuntnShoot Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/21/19
Kids these days are so retarded, they can't even figure out how to use, mount, troubleshoot an optic sight. Sad state of affairs, truly. Especially, given the blaming that gets tossed around when the PERSON fails.

Funny...my father and step-father between the two of them have owned many dozens of Leupolds. I now possess some of those. A few are nearly as old as I am. They've been on some heavy kickers, including a 12 gauge slug gun, a 300 RUM, a 375 H&H, various 7 Mags. Strangely, no problems. Ever. Hmmm.

Yep, things break. But if your stuff "breaks" all the time, it's likely you. Just that simple.
As I said, you don’t shoot, don’t hunt hard, road hunt or are a liar!!! 🤣🤣🤣

As I say, you're just a blowhard and an ass hole.

The truth hurts, huh, so you gotta call others liars when they just do things better than you. The other choice is to STFU and listen when your betters speak. Kid.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/21/19
Originally Posted by Clarkm

laugh

I have collected 50 Leupolds over the last 25 years and had one fail.
I milled out a slim scope rail from an AR15 riser. It cantilevered back over a Mosin Nagant receiver. The recoil made the scope shake up and down like a diving board. It shook the reticle loose and it fell down. Leupold sent me a new scope. The failed scope was a Vari-x-ii 2x7 and they sent me a new VX-I 2x7. I put an aftermarket elevation turret on that new scope and shot 5 deer in 2008.

My father was a gun designer for military contracts. The sight adjustments he designed were split gear, so there was no backlash. There is nothing like that in a sporting rifle scope turret. I have seen enough backlash is my lathe, mill, and Grover guitar tuners that I soon find if I want approach and adjustment clockwise or counterclockwise to be loading the spring. As seen in my above video, I cannot find backlash with the Leupold turrets. With the Leupold Zero point I can probably resolve 1/4 ~1/2 moa. With a simple screw and a spring in consumer scopes, there must be some backlash, I just can't see it.

It was a joke, Clark!

Come on fellas. It ain’t that early. Lol.
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot

The truth hurts, huh, so you gotta call others liars when they just do things better than you. The other choice is to STFU and listen when your betters speak. Kid.

Haha wow!!!🤣🤣

Put me in that class Clark, about all I run is leupold!! I don’t shoot much, don’t hunt hard and am a liar!! But I kill more [bleep] than most that biitch about em!!! Hint kid!! Haha

Go through the whole thread and reread ya donkey!! Fuuck...

You’re a [bleep]’n retard....Jud was in your camp dumb-dumb.

Learning anything from a douche who’s reading comprehension suffers as much as yours makes you forgettable...😎

LMFAO 😂🤣😎

Learning anything from a douche who’s reading comprehension suffers as much as yours makes you forgettable...😎

When I want to hear retards holler while throwing feces, I give you guys a call. Until then...you gotta realize that the rest of us think you are first-class morons and ass holes. Don't let me get in the way of you "doing you".
Jesus Christ mark, no reading comprehension and the donkey flies off the handle!!! 🤣🤣
Any antelope dead yet??

When I want to hear retards holler while throwing feces, I give you guys a call. Until then...you gotta realize that the rest of us think you are first-class morons and ass holes. Don't let me get in the way of you "doing you".

Why huntnshoot.... we cross??? Haha
Jesus Christ mark, no reading comprehension and the donkey flies off the handle!!! 🤣🤣

🤦🏽‍♀️🤷🏾‍♂️😉🤡😎
Any antelope dead yet??

En route to killing fields...One Leupold on board sitting on a RAR suppressed 22LR for rodent reduction 😎

When’s the last time you dialed a turret and killed anything princess?
Posted By: lone wolf Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/21/19
Any antelope dead yet??

En route to killing fields...One Leupold on board sitting on a RAR suppressed 22LR for rodent reduction 😎

Beav, good luck with the speed goats. Hope you brought your flat brim hat with you grin
Posted By: Dreamin Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/21/19
Any antelope dead yet??

What unit? Headed to 59 once in the opening weekend crowd winds down.
Posted By: kingston Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/21/19

^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^

^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^

😂😂
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/22/19
Originally Posted by Dreamin
Any antelope dead yet??

What unit? Headed to 59 once in the opening weekend crowd winds down.

😎
Originally Posted by lone wolf
Any antelope dead yet??

Beav, good luck with the speed goats. Hope you brought your flat brim hat with you grin

Thanks LW, I left my hip-hop hat at home this trip since Kanye West lives near by...The Spandex Ninja Pants did find a way into my duffle bag 😎
Posted By: kingston Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/22/19
You fugkers better start posting some pics.

Truckstop turds, scenic vistas, I don’t care, but pictures.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/22/19
Beav should have had one down by now. No excuses.
Beave goes long range, but a shot fired today would be interstate.
You fugkers better start posting some pics.

Truckstop turds, scenic vistas, I don’t care, but pictures.

Hard to capture vistas, or anything else at the 95 MPH speed Frud has been driving. I have a permanent handprint in Fred’s “Oh Shît Door Handle...😩😎

I could have culled several Kia’s and a couple Subaru Foresters.
😉😎
Waiting on pics of “Oh Shît Door Handle”...

BTW: If you get hungry, I can almost guarantee you’ll find a few stray Hershey’s Kisses under the driver’s seat.

Mario Andretti would have been impressed...😎

I could have culled several Kia’s and a couple Subaru Foresters.
😉😎

Every time you see a Subaru with a Texas plate hit Frud on the shoulder for me.

Mario Andretti would have been impressed...😎

Waiting on pics of “Oh Shît Door Handle”...

BTW: If you get hungry, I can almost guarantee you’ll find a few stray Hershey’s Kisses under the driver’s seat.

Looking for anything to eat off the floor...

Hungry, but I don’t think I could keep anything down at the high rate of speed we’re rolling. Gforce is real! 😎
Don’t “LIKE” 😱

Holy shît you got Leupold fingernails.

I’m gonna get SKane to turn this into a logo!
FIST! 😎
Fred’s couch is causing a lot of drag on our driving progress. 🤡🥾
Fred’s couch is causing a lot of drag on our driving progress. 🤡🥾

LMAO.
Destination achieved without injury...Good Night! 😎

They got a pool? It’s only 7:30 out there.
Mark I’m dying laughing 😂

I’ve spent many of road trips with that crazy fugger and will pray for you. 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Posted By: Judman Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/22/19
Don’t “LIKE” 😱

God damn it brother, drink more brewski!!! 😂😂

Fuuck I’m crying!!!! Haha
Posted By: fredIII Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/22/19
Tires squealing on a tundra in a hard corner at 95 mph and beavs shïttin. LOL.
Only had the speedo over 100 a couple times.

^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^

LIKE 👍
Originally Posted by heavywalker
Mark I’m dying laughing 😂

I’ve spent many of road trips with that crazy fugger and will pray for you. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Jer,
Send everything you got my way! Saying the Rosary non-stop since leaving your hood, frankly, ain’t cut’n it...

PS
Who the hell taught Fred nothing about driving? 😬😂🤣😎
Some ones working on a demotion the the back seat. Z
Tundra does haul azz

😝
Tires squealing on a tundra in a hard corner at 95 mph and beavs shïttin. LOL.
Only had the speedo over 100 a couple times.

Hitting a Walmart in Casper, Wy tomorrow for Conservation Tags and big bottle of Valium. 😎
You guys take 2 rigs?

😝

Kingston, I surpassed your F’bombs elk hunting by a 1000 😎
You guys take 2 rigs?

Yes!!! Riding in the 2nd rig ain’t gonna help, either. Dad taught son how to drive...I’m fooked! 🤨😎
Jesus Christ you guys crack me up!!!😂😂
I don’t even remember cursing. Lol
We’re gonna need some video!
We’re gonna need some video!

Gotcha...Only killing shots....No misses...Just like HuntTv 👍🏻😎
I don’t even remember cursing. Lol

🤔🤯😎😉
Any idea what Urber would cost from Billings, MT to Douglas, Wy??? Asking for Beaver 😎😜

Going dark...😴More adventures of Frud and Beav tomorrow morning...😎
Set and forget done right.

Feast your eyes on perfect.

Pushing into Wyoming like Lewis & Clark...

Billings, MT was memorable for all things native...😎

Posted By: beretzs Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/22/19
Set and forget done right.

Feast your eyes on perfect.

Nice! I dig it. Who milled the slide Fred? I’ve got the G34 and 40 MOS but the 20 seems to be lagging in Glocks lineup.
Proof of Life... 😎

Posted By: horse1 Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/22/19
Proof of Life... 😎

3-9x40 w/AO or 4-12?
Pear’s sent Beav. 🍐 🍐🍐🍐🍐🍐🍐🍐🍐🍐
Originally Posted by horse1
Proof of Life... 😎

3-9x40 w/AO or 4-12?

4-12

😎

I'm having a really hard time believing this...................
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

😎

If it is a fact, he needs to be fired....

😎

You have a hard time believing lots of things that you’ve never done or seen, but I have...And, that’s okay with me.

My neighbor hasn’t showed himself to me as a liar in the past. He’s also not a scope enthusiast and asked me if I’d ever heard of NF.

Casey, thanks for stopping by...Catch up with you soon on the Elk Hunting Sub-Forum after bull season where you will undoubtedly be wearing your Superman Cape to impress yourself. 😎

😎

Why? I’ve been asked by several customers who else is a good painting company, if I couldn't’ meet their time frame to have their house painted...😎
Posted By: irfubar Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/22/19
Just got home from a short road trip... opened this thread and it brought a tear to my eye.... the old campfire is back and enjoyable again...

Epic road trip.... name callin , poo flingin..... love it

Nice if they survive Fruds drivin and kill a few dinks the goat fhuuk will be complete.... carry on men.... smile

Sigh......

The Cape is to impress the elk, you idjit..........
Posted By: Judman Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/23/19

😎

Why? I’ve been asked by several customers who else is a good painting company, if I couldn't’ meet their time frame to have their house painted...😎

It’s not time frame, it’s loyalty.. the simple fact of the matter leupold has made more meat than nightforce swfa, and March put together, by 100x guaranteed
Posted By: kingston Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/23/19
Word is the goat gang has landed, but are out checking zero on the Leupolds. You see, after three calls to CS, nobody could say if the optic’s were designed to endure Frud’s driving. I’ve been assured a detailed RTZ and tracking report is forthcoming.

Sigh......

What do you wear when you’ve only got a cow tag?
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/23/19

😎

It’s not time frame, it’s loyalty.. the simple fact of the matter leupold has made more meat than nightforce swfa, and March put together, by 100x guaranteed

Not news or surprising to me Jud and have said the same many times before...You can make that point for someone else brother, not me. 😉😎
🤙

Sigh......

Don’t get down on yourself little buddy. I guarantee you your elk will be as impressed with your cape as I was...

PS
This post was actually pretty funny, Casey. 😎

PPS
GFY 🖕🏾😉
🤙

👍🏻😜😎
🤙

👍🏻😜😎

Ya

Sigh......

What do you wear when you’ve only got a cow tag?

This came to mind......😎

This might get interesting....
That’s not a Moo Moo.
Lots more to share than a “moo moo”..... haha
Just got home from a short road trip... opened this thread and it brought a tear to my eye.... the old campfire is back and enjoyable again...

Epic road trip.... name callin , poo flingin..... love it

Nice if they survive Fruds drivin and kill a few dinks the goat fhuuk will be complete.... carry on men.... smile

Brother Fubar,

Everyone, with a few exceptions, are being very mean to Beav...I’ve been practicing shedding tears with my lower lip quivering at the same time to accommodate them. Glad you are home and safe from your trip.

😢😎
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/23/19
Hey Beav, no offense bro, but are you gonna play grabasss all week or are you gonna go kill something?
Posted By: irfubar Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/23/19
Brother Beav,

My travels were safe and fruitful, I acquired a new mobile command center/ bunker..... aka camper....

The campfire can be a cold unforgiving place..... I have no doubt you can withstand the onslaught from the do nothing gang... hahaha
Jealously and envy is an ugly thing.... frown

Stay strong and focus on killin goats and surviving Frud & crew....... no guts no glory brother.....
Hey Beav, no offense bro, but are you gonna play grabasss all week or are you gonna go kill something?

😂

😂

Beaver likes a little foreplay.

😂

Beaver likes a little foreplay.

Brother Kingston your powers of observation are acute..... smile
It’s probably my vast experience in the bush.
smile smile
Someone has smelled too many paint fumes.
Posted By: fredIII Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/23/19

Johnny,
I tried hard to find a loophole in Wyoming Regs that would allow us to light our barrels by now....Alas, Tuesday morning at 6:45AM the fires will be lit, critters will fall, and pictures of every dink I shoot will be posted in pixels that Stick will bitch about.

Until then, I can only grab a handful on my ass and pray for a big, slow, blind Antelope to walk within 50 yards of me.

More to come pard...Beav 😂 😎
Aways
Beaver10 shïts you equals daily. 😉

Frud,
If you blast across the prairie at that speed Beav can wack em with a bat..... no need to waste ammo......
Is there any whiskey left?
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/23/19

Johnny,
I tried hard to find a loophole in Wyoming Regs that would allow us to light our barrels by now....Alas, Tuesday morning at 6:45AM the fires will be lit, critters will fall, and pictures of every dink I shoot will be posted in pixels that Stick will bitch about.

Until then, I can only grab a handful on my ass and pray for a big, slow, blind Antelope to walk within 50 yards of me.

More to come pard...Beav 😂 😎

LMAO.......that's awesome. grin
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Someone has smelled too many paint fumes.

You again?

Soon, I will be smelling Antelope blood, while you will still be sniffing the taint of your boyfriends ass. I’ll take my life over yours 🤡😎
Is there any whiskey left?

Jer,
Seriously? You need to ask that? LMAO 🤣😎
It’s not unusual to make several whiskey runs by day 2.

Stocked up...Dry county here. Some lost their minds when this little nugget of information was revealed...LMAO 😢😎

Stocked up...Dry county here. Some lost their minds when this little nugget of information was revealed...LMAO 😢😎

Dry county, in Wyoming? did Frud make a wrong turn? hell when I spent time in the great state of Wy. they had drive up windows at the bar.... what is the world coming too? frown
Planning has gone to hell, dry county?
Planning has gone to hell, dry county?

We found a liquor store....America 😎
Someone complaining about 105 and bam back seat.

Sorry about the demotion beav.

Child's play.

grin
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith

Child's play.

grin

Two or three hours of 105 makes time. Hint.

PS that’s mph not your backwards KPH. lol
COLD
Posted By: horse1 Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/23/19
Someone complaining about 105 and bam back seat.

Posted By: Reloder28 Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/23/19
Since upgrading to a VX5 scope.............

That's funny right there.
Posted By: fredIII Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/24/19
He’s enjoying his last night and tomorrow he’s gonna die.
Posted By: irfubar Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/24/19
Oooh Frud, if that guy has some curl over he may be a keeper...... wink
Oooh Frud, if that guy has some curl over he may be a keeper...... wink

Ya he do.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/24/19
Don't be afraid of the ass shot Fred.
Whack em and stack em buddy......
Oh I’m not. But this place is pretty good seen 20 bucks that went over 70” today scouting. One or two pushed 80.
Just messin' with ya. I'm sure you'll have something hanging tomorrow. It's probably been asked but what rigs are ya'll shooting?
I’m running my Mack bro 6.5saum
Beavs running a Stiller 7wsm
Dads shooting a280ai on a Remington
Eight guys, six Nightforce scopes one Zeiss and a vortex.
All the rifles except one was built by Live Oak Accuracy (Scott Weichel).
Roger that! Good luck tomorrow.
What , no Leupolds? I am shocked and dismayed......

Oh and be careful you may have "overpenetration" problems..... smile
Posted By: kingston Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/24/19
The guy with the Vortex, might be borrowing the Leupold off Beav’s rimfire. Knock on wood.
Posted By: EdM Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/24/19
And here I am heading to north Texas for pronghorn in a few days with a 70's M700 ADL dropped into an early black, relatively light Mountain I don't know what factory stock. Anyways, it will non-Leadville Colorado hunting...
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/24/19
The guy with the Vortex, might be borrowing the Leupold off Beav’s rimfire. Knock on wood.

It’s Freddy’s Leupold and he’s very protective of it...Laffin 😎

It’s Freddy’s Leupold and he’s very protective of it...Laffin 😎

lol it’s for sale to a guy that’s planning on shooting very little.
Originally Posted by EdM
And here I am heading to north Texas for pronghorn in a few days with a 70's M700 ADL dropped into an early black, relatively light Mountain I don't know what factory stock. Anyways, it will non-Leadville Colorado hunting...

Ed, good luck and happy hunting in Texas....😎
You guys know you can call Jud when you can’t figure out how to work the friction adjust turrets. You got cell service?
You guys know you can call Jud when you can’t figure out how to work the friction adjust turrets. You got cell service?

They should have hauled Jud along for consultation.....

No cell service....Very remote or we would have called 😬😎

They should have hauled Jud along for consultation.....

....and to drive us here 😂😎
Next year I’m driving.
Next year I’m driving.

I got a hunt for you...Book it Dano. 😉😎
I would like to lobby for a spot as alcohol quality control/taster on the next epic hunt... smile
Figured that Vortex was curled up in a fetal position in the corner of the truck bed amongst those heavyweights.
I would like to lobby for a spot as alcohol quality control/taster on the next epic hunt... smile

Brother Fubar...You are always welcome to partake in a hunt with me. Bring Knob Hill and your sexiest rifle, sans Leupold, and we’ll make it happen...😎
Even if it has a Vortex?
Figured that Vortex was curled up in a fetal position in the corner of the truck bed amongst those heavyweights.

Johnny, it was kinda sad watching the poor owner cradling it close to his body as we rolled across rough country for fear it might get bumped....😂🤣😎
Even if it has a Vortex?

Sure, bring Kleenex for your tears in case something goes wrong with it...😜😎
Even if it has a Vortex?

LMAO,
Thanks brother Beav, you are a good man..... chit I have about broke every scope..... may be time for a NF
Even if it has a Vortex?

LMAO,
Thanks brother Beav, you are a good man..... chit I have about broke every scope..... may be time for a NF

You are hard on scopes...Might be time. Just an observation brother...🧐😎

Brother Fubar...You are always welcome to partake in a hunt with me. Bring Knob Hill and your sexiest rifle, sans Leupold, and we’ll make it happen...😎

👍🏼🤸‍♀️🕺🏼
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/24/19
Beav, just in case you get sicka looking @Frud's head !

[Linked Image from belladasemana.com.br]

Good luck
Generations of hunting camps knew the importance of a successful camp was guns and porn.

We have the guns part covered real good,,,, just a smidge light on the porn, until now....Thanks!.....😎
The morning opener was excellent with several nice goats taken. Capes are done and meat is hanging in the cold room while a couple hunters are out looking for the biggest bones to fill their tags and win the pot of cash for the baddest buck.

Tonight, it’s a Ladies Night Meat Hunt for those of us holding tags...Hopefully, Frud will stop by later to drop some pictures of today’s catch...😎
Beav getting it done! Congratulations my friend!

FIST!
Beav, I offer my congratulations.... from my couch....
Nice buck Mark - congrats! Looks like you guys are also getting some fine antelope hunting weather. Keep the pics coming!!
Nice work, Mark! Great looking buck.
Dave M. brings us contestant #2 from 440yrds through a little breeze.

Posted By: beretzs Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/24/19
Congrats on the bucks fellas! Beautiful animals.
Posted By: efw Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/25/19
Looking good gentlemen congrats that a fantastic trip!

Glad you’re closely minding speed limits too...

Man, that looks like a heck of a nice buck with same dang nice cutters - its a beaut!! Well done you guys!!
Posted By: SKane Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/25/19
You gents didn't waste any time! Congrats.
Posted By: Ackleyfan Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/25/19
Nice goats gentleman........
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/25/19
Congrats fellas. Thanks for sharing the nice pics ........Great bucks!
Posted By: fredIII Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/25/19
Posted By: smokepole Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/25/19

Nice buck Fred. What happened to Tennille??
Posted By: kingston Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/25/19
You should line up all those SW builds for a few pictures.
Posted By: battue Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/25/19

Great times, thanks for the pics....

( Just tell me someone other than the driver took the speed pic.)
Posted By: Wrongside Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/25/19
Nice goats Gents! Thanks for the pics.
👍🐐🐐🐐🐐🐐🐐
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/25/19
You should line up all those SW builds for a few pictures.

Scott Weichel of Live Oaks Accuracy made a lot of beautiful wall art today for a crew of hunters.

Goats started falling with a 220 yard chip shot and the longest drive at 711 yards. The rest were in between for solid shooting in 10+ wind by all...😎

I was in a time out in the back seat for bitching and moaning...Wasn’t me taking the picture,,,,Hint. 😫😎

After an hr straight of 105 a pic is really not to spooky
Kids.👍😎
Posted By: horse1 Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/25/19

Looks like Steve Stiffler w/blue can in hand is 'bout ready for the Dance Off.
Posted By: memtb Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/25/19
You boys are doing pretty darn good. Thanks for the pictures and the updates. 711 yards.....that’s “stretching” it out there a ways! memtb
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/25/19

Boy that's a happy looking bunch............ smile
Posted By: GregW Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/25/19
Ready for the beach!
Originally Posted by Oregonmuley

Man, that looks like a heck of a nice buck with same dang nice cutters - its a beaut!! Well done you guys!!

Thanks Frank...Just a little something to hold you over until you leave for Wyo. 😬😎

Camera man might need some lessons from stick. 😂
Posted By: kingston Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/25/19
How long had Fred been holding his breath? He’s almost purple.
Posted By: 6MMWASP Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/25/19
Originally Posted by Formidilosus

Really hard to argue with this. And I have more that 50 Leupolds

How long had Fred been holding his breath? He’s almost purple.

Fûckn sun here is brutal. lol that and the 80proof.

Camera man might need some lessons from stick. 😂

Looks like the Palouse Indian had too much fire water. 😜😎

After an hr straight of 105 a pic is really not to spooky

When you hit 190, let me know grin
Nice goats, boys! Looks like a great time.

Fred, loving the camo.
Posted By: efw Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/25/19

Love that camo pattern!

Looks like a fantastic time gentlemen very nicely done!
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/25/19

Smiley.... grin

Nice rifle, Leupold 2.5 or 3X on a pre-64 Featherweight, interesting.

6 Pounds 15 Ounces empty. Should work as a carry in your hand woods rifle.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/25/19
NICE!, at first thought of a re-bore, then remembered you said like new, nice Mickey too!
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/25/19
Well done Boyos !!!

Havin' a great time, gettin' 'er done.

Jealous here.
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/25/19

Yep, camo made me spit coffee ! Sheeeeeeeeeeeet
Posted By: hanco Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/25/19
Who needs camo
Posted By: Clarkm Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/25/19
[Linked Image]
October 2018

[Linked Image]

In 2018 I built a 280AI on a 1949 M70 action with a   Leupold 3-18x44 VX-6HD
No complaints about that scope.

I am building rifles right now for 2019.
No complaints setting up a couple Leupolds and a couple SWFA ultra lights.

But Zeiss
zeiss scope on amazon
They want me to use their bullet comp and not my Quickload. The turrets are not marked. Remember how many clicks you turned. I think their BCD [rapid z 800] reticle is the wrong scale and was meant for a 12X scope, not a 15X scope.
On the plus side, it is cheap, light weight, bright, and with side focus.
Did anyone stay at the Holiday Inn?
Posted By: 257heaven Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/25/19
Epic thread, guys! Thanks for the good read!!
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/26/19
Clark,
Nice buck! Sweet rifle, too, in a favorite chambering of mine...I’m gunning 140grain NBT at a little over 3500 fps with better than MOA accuracy.

Frud’s dad is using Fred’s 280 Ackley, built by Scott Weichel and clobbered the biggest goat of the trip with it at 660 yards.

Glad you like your VX6. They are a smart looking scope with nice glass. Try a Zeiss V4 or V6 😎
Yeah, they’ve upgraded their kitchenettes...😎

Posted By: irfubar Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/26/19
Damn Beav, what kind of hunting camp are you guys at?

That looks more comfy than my wall tent..... wink
Posted By: Kimber7man Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/26/19
Dang Beav, I see no bourbon bottles in that picture. Do you have to hide them in a dry county?
Posted By: Kimber7man Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/26/19
Fred did you use the 156 Berger?
Posted By: kingston Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/26/19
You guys about ready to get loaded back into the particle accelerator?

That one of my apples? 😂
Damn Beav, what kind of hunting camp are you guys at?

That looks more comfy than my wall tent..... wink

Last year this was a horse stable...Owner made a few upgrades here and there. We really liked the 12’ft high fence around the 66k acres. A nice touch. Grins. 😎

That one of my apples? 😂

Yes....We used this apple as bait. Worked really well. 😬😎
You guys about ready to get loaded back into the particle accelerator?

We turn into pumpkins and mice at midnight...Headed home in the morning.

This was an excellent hunt! The three dudes who worked our crew were the owners son and his two pards who knew the property.

None of them touched a goat for us....We shot, dropped guts, skinned, and chunked meat on all our animals.

The accommodations were a huge surprise to us, but who’d bitch about it??? This ranch isn’t financially supported by pay hunting...

This hunt was set up through Fred’s personal relationship with rifle builder Scott Weichel. They don’t advertise for hunts.

If a member is interested in information about the hunt they offered us...PM Fred or myself. 😎
Originally Posted by Kimber7man
Dang Beav, I see no bourbon bottles in that picture. Do you have to hide them in a dry county?

Frud drank everything...Shocking 😂🤣😎
Originally Posted by Kimber7man

Frud drank everything...Shocking 😂🤣😎

That is shocking, first time for everything. 😂
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/26/19
Great stuff boys !!

You get any girlie goats ?

Perhaps, don't let Frud answer this !
Posted By: Savuti Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/26/19
Great stuff and nice goats!
I was gonna ask for details on the rifles/scopes, but what really piques my interest is what model is Frud's radar detector?
Posted By: fredIII Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/26/19
Posted By: WAM Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/27/19
Best thread ever!
Posted By: Judman Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/28/19

Never spun friction adjustments, notice you got a friction 4-12 for sale... How'd it work?
Posted By: fredIII Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/28/19

Never spun friction adjustments, notice you got a friction 4-12 for sale... How'd it work?

Less than 10 shots a year don’t leave much twisting of any kind Jman
Oh he only shot it 10 times a year?
Posted By: fredIII Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/28/19
Oh he only shot it 10 times a year?

🤔🤪🤪🤪
Posted By: kingston Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/28/19

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...54950-w-stony-point-turrets#Post14158725

That one has click adjustments. I never used it. It was on a safe queen M70 Heavy Varmint I picked up on GB. I replaced it with a Mark 4 M1 of a similar vintage as the rifle — restoring safe queen status, just in a new kingdom.
Posted By: irfubar Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/28/19

Jud,
The secret to twisting Leupold friction turrets is one of those fancy Stoney Point twisty knobs...... the ammo companies love it... smile

Jud,
The secret to twisting Leupold friction turrets is one of those fancy Stoney Point twisty knobs...... the ammo companies love it... smile

😂😂 Stoney point!!!
I was going to call Leupold and ask for a set of caps, but given the amount of razzing I’ve given them on the internet of late, I figured I’d let the new owner make the call.

#safequeen #stonypoint #vintagetacticool
They only know you as Kingston... 😂😂😂
Something about connecting dots. Maybe it’s just paranoia.

Fred just sold a Leupold in 5 minutes. Maybe my price is too high. I’d lower it, but truth be told, I don’t think I really want to sell it. I just wish I had the original turret caps. Will you call Leupold for me?
Make me a good deal on it
See, I knew you’d know how to get the caps.

You can have it for $250 delivered, if let me keep the Stony Point turrets.
$200, you can keep the turrets, and I’ll send you some pepperoni from some unlucky critters I ghost with it while making it famous...
As a matter of principle, I don’t accept sausage in lieu of currency, Italian style or otherwise.

Bitcoin is GTG.
😂😂
$50 of pepperoni is quite a bit btw...😎💋
What are the chances I could trade said quantity of pepperoni and the Stony Points for a $100 bill on the open market?
Depending on maker, ie; uncle Jim’s, northwest sausage and deli, or Morton meats, $50 of pepperoni could net $400 on the open/or black market.....
😆😎🤙
Sweet, sell the roni for me, send me the $600, and I’ll include the Stony Points!

BTW: Congratulations on the grandchild! This Leupold will make a wonderful rattle!
No on the Stoney points!!! Thank you, he’s got a NF he’s beating on now, when he breaks it, I’ll let him try a leupold...
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/29/19
$200, you can keep the turrets, and I’ll send you some pepperoni from some unlucky critters I ghost with it while making it famous...

Awesome! 🤣😂😎
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/29/19
Sweet, sell the roni for me, send me the $600, and I’ll include the Stony Points!

BTW: Congratulations on the grandchild! This Leupold will make a wonderful rattle!

Crying. 😂🥴😜😎
Posted By: fredIII Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/29/19
No on the Stoney points!!! Thank you, he’s got a NF he’s beating on now, when he breaks it, I’ll let him try a leupold...

Good to know he’ll never suffer junk scopes as that NF ain’t gonna bust.
Posted By: kingston Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/29/19
^^^^^^LIKE^^^^^^^
Posted By: Judman Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/29/19
Time will tell..... Though I'm sure he'll probably "barely" get by like me..... Grin
Posted By: Judman Re: Leupold Down.....Again! - 09/29/19
^^^^^^^^LIKE^^^^^^^^^^

Fuuck me......
© 24hourcampfire