Home
Posted By: devnull My Son Took His Own Life - 07/14/20
This is difficult so bear with me. I have always thoroughly enjoyed this forum. We all come from many walks of life but have appreciated input from others even when maybe we didn't agree. I read much more than I post as some of the responses on here can be scathing. The outdoors has always been a way of life for me to cope with whatever had me on the fence. I introduced the kids to the outdoors and they loved to hunt with me as well as ride 4-wheelers, fish, hike, camp, etc.

My 15-year old son was the core of my happiness as well as my daughter who is younger than him. I've always done things for the family as opposed to chasing a career and putting family aside. We had purchased a farm a couple years ago so that my wife and I could enjoy the outdoors with the kids and have a place just to get away from city life and a corporate job. However, my son had been battling depression for the past year. We did everything a parent knew to do at the time. When COVID came about, we took off to the farm and I worked remotely there as the offices were closed and we were just trying to stay safe. This was both a blessing and a curse for us as we'd later find out.

Fast forward to late May as this was when my world turned upside down. My son had been telling me he was sad but couldn't articulate why. This was a theme that was coming up every few months. I had a pep talk with him that evening telling him how much I loved him and how we'll get through the tough times. Little did I know how deep the message was that he was telling me. He was also telling me that kids were messing with him on social media. I didn't understand at the time to what degree as he minimized issues bothering him and wouldn't open up to his mother and I. Later that evening, my 15 year old son took his own life in front of me in the yard of the farm while I begged him not to do that.

I cannot begin to tell you the stages of grief I have and am going through. The images of that night and the OODA loop have cycled in my mind a billion+ times. I'm so lost and empty without my main man as I called him. Everything I've done was based around having a boy and a girl as a child. He has taken all enjoyment from me including hunting and shooting as well as the labor of love of the farm. My daughter won't open up and was there that night but was on the back side of the house when it occurred. She saw her brother laying there by the driveway when the in-laws came up and ushered her out of there. No words can express the heartache and emptiness I feel. It's hard for me to think that I will have to endure this the rest of my life. So many could of, should of, would of going through my head. Counselors have expressed not to feel guilt....I understand it was his decision but my job as a Dad was to protect him and I failed.

I bring all of this up as it seems like daily, I'm reading about suicides in the news...My son was absolutely cyber-bullied by two individuals (minors) for months. One kid told him the Friday before exactly what my son should do to end his life and my son followed it to a tee.....The kid continued on berating him online even after his death. He knew he was dead based on what other kids in the community posted online. Have we risen this low in society that this is the new normal?

For those of you that have lost loves one to suicide, I feel your pain and know what you're going through. It's hard to understand unless you've been here which I didn't in the past. For those with loved ones battling depression, take what they say seriously and understand what you think/feel is at a healthy rational level and they are not at the same place as you. I didn't understand that until it was too late. I thought telling him I was there and loved him would help him through it. I was ignorant. I've read the Good Guys suicide thread and there are some uninformed posts there. It's such a complicated topic and we as humans DO NOT understand the human mind. I'll forever miss the great times with my bud and will miss so much being a father of a son.....I'm so lost.

Thanks for reading and prayers are appreciated.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/14/20
So sorry to hear this, it's not much, May our Lord Jesus grant you, and family strength, and healing.
Posted By: kk alaska Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/14/20
Prayers sent and my condolences
Posted By: Remsen Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/14/20
May his memory be a blessing to you and may you have peace and comfort as you deal with this unspeakable tragedy.
Words can't express it.....hurts my heart to even read it.
Posted By: BC30cal Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/14/20
devnull;
I am so sorry to read of this sir.

Truly words fail me.

As a fellow father, please know you and yours are in my thoughts and prayers.

Dwayne
Posted By: 5sdad Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/14/20
I can't even begin to imagine how you feel. All I can do is offer thoughts and prayers for you and your family. Try to look forward to each new day and find some small bit of beauty and/or happiness in it.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/14/20
May GOD be with you and your son and may you be together again after this race is done. God bless you and yours. So sorry to hear of this.
Posted By: Paul39 Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/14/20
Can't imagine the pain you are experiencing. Prayers for healing and peace.

Paul
Posted By: g5m Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/14/20
Words are hard to come by. My sincerest condolences for your tragic loss.
Posted By: Lonny Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/14/20
Very sorry to read this... I wish I could make the pain go away. Prayers are being sent.
Posted By: HughW Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/14/20
I am so sorry for you and your family. I cannot imagine how the depth of sorrow that comes with this and words are difficult to express the sympathy and support we wish for you and your family.
Devnull: Prayers for you and your family sent - I can not imagine your pain.
I do hope some of my strength and condolences will be upon you.
You need to stay strong and as calm as you can for your family - they need you.
I just wish this had NOT happened and that there was something more I could do for you and your family.
I also pray that your sons soul is now at peace.
I have three sons - I count my blessings every day.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: JamesJr Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/14/20
Man, I don’t know what to say other than it must have took a lot of courage for you to write that. I don’t know that I could have. About all I know to say is to just hang in there and remember the good memories, and focus on them. I’ll pray that things get better for you.
I likely would have lost my son but for our chocolate lab.
That’s a tragic loss for you, your family or anyone. My condolences, may you find peace.
Posted By: 65BR Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/14/20
I read your post, what a horrible tragedy for you and your family. You all have my prayers.

Perhaps your post can help another family out there somewhere. May God give you all peace and comfort during this difficult time.
So sorry for your loss. My prayers go out to you and your family
Prayers for you and family.
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/14/20
Words of condolences fail.
Prayers for you and yours during this tragedy, devnull.
Praying for you and your family.
Posted By: Cretch Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/14/20
I can only imagine the pain you feel and I am sure my imagination falls extremely short. So sorry for your loss. No parent should ever have to go thru this. I only hope karma visits those young men who bullied your Son.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/14/20
Originally Posted by Remsen
May his memory be a blessing to you and may you have peace and comfort as you deal with this unspeakable tragedy.

This ^^^^ in spades.

When you think of it, if you haven't already, you may wish to pass the information about the cyber bullying on to the authorities.

My sincerest condolences to you and your family.

Remember, he has just gone around the bend.

THE PATH BEYOND THE BEND

Have you ever walked along a path
And looked ahead of you
To where the road turned suddenly
And seemed lost awhile from view?

Think of your dear one living still
Where the road goes on without end
It is only WE who do not see
The path beyond the bend

From a greeting card
Victoria II by Amberly
150SW8058T1
Amberly Gretting Card Co
Cincin OH 45249-1695
Barcode# 77527 00030
My God. I don't know what to say. I'm so sorry.

I've had a lot of suicides around my life from the time I was a teen. Family members, friends, roommates. It was a burden I carried for a long time. I have had to make my peace with it in my own way. Now my son, age 10 makes suicide jokes and offhand comments referring to it from time to time. I don't know why. A part of me fears that he will go down that dark road. I can't imagine how horrific it must be. I wish I could say something to make it something beside what it is. Just know that my heart goes out to you.
Damn, just damn!
Posted By: 79S Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/14/20
First i cannot imagine what you are going through and may you and your family get through this. Second i would find that kid that did this to your boy and beat him with a 2x4. Then find his dad beat him with a crow bar and plead insanity.
Posted By: RemModel8 Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/14/20
You're not lost, you have you, your wife and your daughter.

I can't comprehend what you went through, but you didn't go through it alone and a lot of other people are depending on you.

Godspeed.
Posted By: Texczech Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/14/20
I don at know what to say. It does hurt my heart to read this. My condolences. I will be praying for you and your family. May God be with yall.
Posted By: krp Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/14/20
11 years this saturday for me... I always think I should have words of comfort... there are none.

Peace, for those left behind... amen...

Kent
Posted By: cast10K Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/14/20
No words for tragedies like this. I can't even imagine what your son went through, or what the people who loved him are going through now. My prayers are literally all I have to offer.
Posted By: 805 Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/14/20
Can’t imagine what you and your family are going through. Know that you will see your son again and remember all the good times you shared.
It’s a shame cyber bullying these days! These little punks sit behind a computer or phone and destroy lives when they themselves are the cowards who would never have the guts to say anything Like that in person. I know there have been criminal charges filed against people for cyber bullying in the past and I hope it continues to happen. If you so choose I would recommend at least contacting someone about the 2 individuals that were doing the bullying.
Posted By: Morewood Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/14/20
My heart breaks for you and your family. Prayers sent.
Posted By: JeffG Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/14/20
I am so sad to read this, there are no answers for Your questions. May Your Son rest easy, and may You and Your Loved One's always feel him reaching back, into Your lives.
Posted By: GeoW Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/14/20
Prayers for healing and comfort.

George
You have my sympathy... I had no clue this crap could happen... Wow.. I never raised any kids, but have hundreds I taught in school.. This is so sad..
Posted By: MTGunner Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/14/20
Our hearts go out to you my friend. There is nothing, NOTHING, more horrible than a death of ones child.
It it our hope that you can get through this troubling time. MTG
Posted By: ERK Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/14/20
So sorry for you. His pain is gone. Take care of the rest of your family. Ed k
Posted By: aalf Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/14/20

Nothing can be said or done to ease your pain and burden, only time will lessen the hurt, it will never fade completely away.

Stay strong for the rest of the family.
Posted By: Cascade Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/14/20
Oh my goodness! What a tough one.

I don't have the words, but know that my heart aches for your family.

Guy
Posted By: jwp475 Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/14/20

🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏
Posted By: RNF Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/14/20
So sorry to hear this. I can't imagine the pain you and your family has. Prayers and condolences sent.
Posted By: Nebraska Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/14/20
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.....
Thoughts and prayers to you and your family. Damn
Originally Posted by 79S
First i cannot imagine what you are going through and may you and your family get through this. Second i would find that kid that did this to your boy and beat him with a 2x4. Then find his dad beat him with a crow bar and plead insanity.

I'm afraid that's where I would wind up.... seeking retribution.
Posted By: PPosey Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/14/20
Man I am so sorry, these times are hard and so much harder for teenagers. I worry about my own every hour of every day.

And yes the authorities need to know about the online issues. Kids and even most adults are so tied up in the online world that they loose touch with reality.
Sorry to hear of this tragedy and praying for you and your family . May God give you strength .
That’s rough. Prayers for you and your family.
Posted By: Grumman Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/14/20
I can’t imagine and I am so sorry. Prayers coming your way.
Posted By: Starman Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/14/20
Originally Posted by devnull
...My son was absolutely cyber-bullied by two individuals (minors) for months. One kid told
him the Friday before exactly what my son should do
to end his life and my son followed it to a tee.....The
kid continued on berating him online even after his
death. He knew he was dead based on what other
kids in the community posted online. Have we risen
this low in society that this is the new normal?

You are a member of a forum that has people
that behave in the same way those online minors
did..and those that have minors in their households,
are setting an example to follow.

Some of the members who are sending you prayers
have told people to Glock themselves and expressed
desire to see people dead and mock dead people.

May the lord bless you and your family, prayers coming.
Posted By: 6MMWASP Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/14/20
For the life of me sir I can not express my sorrow for you and your entire family. So sorry for your loss.
Posted By: kennyd Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/14/20
Deep sympathy. The pain will dull but never go away. PLEASE take special care of your self, daughter, wife, and any cousins, friends. This will affect them all.

I too think you need to reach out to authorities.
Posted By: Muffin Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/14/20
🙏🙏🙏

So, So sorry.....................
Sir, I am so very sorry for your loss.
Posted By: kenacp Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/14/20
Sorry to hear of this. So difficult to read without tears rolling down. Will be praying for you and your family.
Kenny
Posted By: Aviator Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/14/20
So sorry! My sincere condolences!
Posted By: antlers Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/14/20
That is God awful. No one should ever have to experience that. Every problem that I’ve ever had...every heartache, every disappointment, every difficulty, every bad experience, etc...., pales in comparison to that.
Posted By: jeeper Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/14/20

Praying for You and Your's in this very sad time.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/14/20
Don't words for can't even imagine your pain, but you should go after the ones who were bullying online. there was a girl recently sentenced to prison for this very thing, she kept telling the boy to kill himself till he did.
Posted By: CCCC Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/14/20
Barely could I make it through your post - your loss is beyond comprehension and that experience unimaginable. Even with all of the grief and loss, you have expressed yourself so well - and beautifully on behalf of your son. I hope that is an indication that you are finding yourself able to cope with this tragedy and move forward well with your family. My prayer is that such is the case.
Posted By: TBREW401 Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/14/20
I have been where you are
Mine was a stepson, but --
My condolences to you and yours

You never get used to it-- you learn to live with it--
Originally Posted by 6MMWASP
For the life of me sir I can not express my sorrow for you and your entire family. So sorry for your loss.

^^^^ This! Cant even imagine being in the shoes of the OP. Please take any assistance that you or your family members may need to even in a small way help you cope with this tragedy.
There are no words.

Prayers sent.
Posted By: flagstaff Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/14/20
I am so incredibly sorry to hear this news. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. I can’t imagine it.

My wife is a grief counselor. Please consider finding one for you and your family. What you all are dealing with is terrible and it might truly help.

You sound like an awesome Dad by the way. Try not to hold on to any guilt about what happened.
Posted By: TrueGrit Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/14/20
Sorry for your loss.
Posted By: RufusG Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/14/20
So very sorry for your terrible loss. Hang in there for your family, that's the most important thing right now.
Posted By: earlybrd Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/14/20
Prayers for you sir I have a 13 yr old son
I am so sorry to hear of this tragedy in your family. May God wrap his arms around you and your family and provide comfort.
Terrible news. So sorry for your loss.
So very sorry. Prayers for you and yours sir.
Posted By: BobBrown Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/14/20
What a tragedy.....

I hope everyone takes heed reading this especially parents.
Posted By: dukxdog Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/14/20
Very sorry for the loss and pain you and family are going through. Many things are hard to understand through life.
Posted By: vacrt2002 Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/14/20
I’m so sorry for your loss. I cannot fathom the pain you and your family are experiencing. There are no words .......
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/14/20
Prayers sent. RIP.
OMG I can't even imagine your sadness! Bless you and your family. I don't know what else to say other than to say that I'll say a prayer for you.

I live for my kids and love them more than I do myself. Try to stay strong.
Posted By: 470Evans Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/14/20
I don't have any words that will help your pain and for that I'm truly sorry. I can't imagine having to go through this, I am praying you and your family will eventually find peace.
Posted By: Kenneth Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/14/20
May he rest in peace, and find the comfort he could not recognize here....My heart goes out to your entire family,

Even with these few carefully chosen words, Make no mistake,

I cant even begin to feel or understand the pain and emptiness in your life right now.

think of him during the good times, the smiles, the laughs, the memories you shared,

It won't be near enough, but possibly provide a few moments of peace....

Stand Tall, just please, continue to stand Tall.
You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Just remember,
you as a man are responsible to do your best for your family.
Things happen beyond our control, and we just have to accept that.

You have a wife and a daughter that need your strength more than ever.
Helping them, will help you.
Posted By: flagstaff Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/14/20
Originally Posted by BobBrown
What a tragedy.....

I hope everyone takes heed reading this especially parents.

I agree. I had a friend’s wife who was psychiatrist tell me at a neighborhood BBQ when my daughters were in their early teens that a lot of her practice was dealing with kids who get “injured” by online issues via social media. My kids were there when she recommended that I not allow them on social media until they were old enough and mature enough to deal with the impacts of social media.
Posted By: Mesa Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/14/20
devnull, I was where you are about five and and half years ago.

I have no real words of wisdom, am still processing my own loss, and assume that I always will be.

We have an epidemic of despair among young people in this country and we are "treating" it with the holy water of that good old "river in Egypt"--denial.

"Mental health" is simply HEALTH, and should be as much of a priority for everyone, not something to deny, scorn, or blame, as we have done all my life.

A dead American kid is just as dead from suicide as a dead American kid from a Taliban IED, and we need to spend as much concern--and resources--on the one as on the other.

We put such a high priority--and pay such a high price tag--on "national security" while virtually ignoring just how insecure many of us obviously are.

My thoughts and prayers are indeed with you. But we need to get past that and start doing something. As a nation. It's not a problem for some one group--it's national.

Mike Armstrong aka Mesa
Flagstaff has posted the most helpful comment so far.

You're telling us you know on social media your kid was hammered by these clods? Honestly, they need to feel some pain and their parents need to be aware as well. Even cyber-acts should have consequences. I understand cyber bullying is nothing like the real thing, but when I was bullied and pushed around, my folks knew about it and helped me deal with it myself.

I'd be all over any option I had to at least let the bullying kids know they "helped" and to make sure everyone ELSE knows they "helped."

Hang in there, Devnull. I've lost some dear friends, thankfully not family, and while the pain never fully fades, and the questions are never answered, there are lessons to be learned -- and taught.
Posted By: Cinch Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/14/20
Very sorry to hear this... my condolences to you and your family...
Posted By: RS308MX Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/14/20
That was extremely tough to read. I feel very badly for you and your family. You will always be his father and he will always be your son. Parted only temporarily. The rest of your family needs you more than ever. Just as much as you need them. May God Bless you all.

Bob
Posted By: Ranger99 Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/14/20
Originally Posted by TBREW401

You never get used to it-- you learn to live with it--

^ ^ ^

Prayers for strength and healing from here
Posted By: gnnrsig40 Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/14/20
Prayers for his soul, and for you and your families healing through this tragedy.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/14/20
Originally Posted by wabigoon
So sorry to hear this, it's not much, May our Lord Jesus grant you, and family strength, and healing.

+1. So sad and sorry to hear about this devnull. I pray for peace and comfort for you guys.
Originally Posted by Starman
...My son was absolutely cyber-bullied by two individuals (minors) for months. One kid told
him the Friday before exactly what my son should do
to end his life and my son followed it to a tee.....The
kid continued on berating him online even after his
death. He knew he was dead based on what other
kids in the community posted online. Have we risen
this low in society that this is the new normal?

You are a member of a forum that has people
that behave in the same way those online minors
did..and those that have minors in their households,
are setting an example to follow.

Some of the members who are sending you prayers
have told people to Glock themselves and expressed
desire to see people dead and mock dead people.

Out of respect for the OP I won't respond to this drivel, I'd sure like to tho but I'll bite my tongue.

I'll say a few extra prayers for you devnull. I can't imagine what you're going thru.
I am very sorry to hear of this. I have a fifteen year old boy myself. Also, a daughter. I can only imagine the pain. Prayers sent. Hang in there.
Posted By: hookeye Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/14/20
IMHO you did not fail as a parent.

Bad things can happen to good people.

Not trying to be cliche about it either.
Posted By: Gunaddict Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/14/20
So sorry for loss. Prayers are sent.
Posted By: hookeye Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/14/20
Originally Posted by RS308MX
That was extremely tough to read. I feel very badly for you and your family. You will always be his father and he will always be your son. Parted only temporarily. The rest of your family needs you more than ever. Just as much as you need them. May God Bless you all.

Bob

I agree. Nothing more to add, 'cept prayers.
Posted By: Dre Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/14/20
Just lost my mom and going through grief, can’t imagine loosing my boy like that. I’m Speechless brother, so sorry for your loss
Posted By: gwrench Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/14/20
You are not alone in carrying the weight of this burden. My heartfelt condolences to you.
Posted By: JMUPT Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/14/20
I'm so sorry for your loss!
Posted By: Dryfly24 Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/14/20
I can’t even begin to express how sorry I am that you had to go through that. I wish you and your family peace, comfort and healing...
Posted By: BobMt Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/14/20
Originally Posted by RemModel8
You're not lost, you have you, your wife and your daughter.

I can't comprehend what you went through, but you didn't go through it alone and a lot of other people are depending on you.

Godspeed.

this says it better than i could......hope you and your family can find some piece......bob
Posted By: cecilb Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/14/20
I'm terribly sorry. I lost my son to suicide 10 years ago. It's a terrible thing for a parent to go through.
I am so very sorry. I am at a loss for words. Hugs brother.
Posted By: Bearcat74 Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/14/20

I can’t imagine, I’m truly sorry for your loss.
Posted By: auk1124 Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/14/20
Deepest condolences for your family.
Posted By: Sako76 Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/14/20
I am so sorry for your loss. May God be with you and your family.
Posted By: cra1948 Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/14/20
You have my prayers and condolences. Now you need to take care of yourself and the rest of your family. Understand and accept that you need professional help every bit as much for mental and emotional health as you do for a broken bone. Don't e afraid to go after it if you haven't already.
Posted By: Kenneth66 Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
Pray that strength and guidance be bestowed upon you and your family .
Kenneth
Posted By: memtb Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20

I am so sorry to hear of this. There are no words that can truly comfort, and even time itself can only ease the pain! Unless someone has experienced what you have, they cannot fully understand the unbelievable pain and the thousands of times you will relive the weeks prior......asking what you could have done differently. I can only pray that through God you may have the strength to carry on and face each new day! Do not concern yourself with those that make cruel comments, as they are either completely ignorant, have never experienced this in their lives or have no soul.....perhaps a combination of the three! memtb
SOMEDAY WE’LL UNDERSTAND

Not now, but in the coming years,
It may be in the better land;
We’ll read the meaning of our tears
And there someday we’ll understand.

We’ll catch the broken thread again
And finish what we here began;
Heaven will the mystery explain,
And then, ah then, we’ll understand.

We’ll know why clouds instead of sun
Were over many a cherished plan’
Why song was ceased when scarce began
‘Tis there someday we’ll understand.

Why what we long for most of all
Eludes so oft our eager hand;
Why hopes are crushed and castles fall,
Up there someday we’ll understand.

God knows the way, He holds the key,
He guides us with unerring hand;
Someday with tearless eyes we’ll see
And there, up there, we’ll understand.

Then trust in God thro’ all thy days,
Fear not for He doth hold they hand;
Tho’ dark thy way, still sing and praise
Someday, someday, we’ll understand.

- Author Unknown

Grief is the last act of love
we have to give to those we
loved. Where there is deep
grief, there was great love.

- Blowing Kisses to heaven

Sir, may God hold and comfort your family during this nightmarish ordeal. You didn’t contemplate your son becoming your family’s Guardian Angel in heaven, but he’s there watching over you guys now. Though your time here with him was short, fifteen years is still a whole lot of time of sweet cherished memories all of you made together, and you’ll make more with him, because he’ll always be in your heart.

And one day, one day, you’ll all make memories together again, for eternity.

From a book I read, “Everyone grieves differently. Don’t let anyone ever tell any of you how you are supposed to grieve”.

The hurt will always be there. The hard part is finding some way to live with it. Cherishing those memories, and letting them put a smile back on your face after you learn to live again, is how it’s done.

Take your family outside tonight, and look up into the heavens. Those aren’t stars…those are hugs from your son, being sent down to you guys.
Posted By: 7mmbuster Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
Man, I don’t have any words to say. All I got to offer are my prayers and sympathy.
God loves you, as he loves your son. He can heal all wounds. You’ll be reunited. Until then be strong. He’ll never test you above what you can bare.
I wish I had something else, but rest assured I’ll be praying for you and your family.
7mm
Posted By: NH K9 Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
First: phuuck social media.

I really don't know what to say except I'm so sorry and you have my thoughts from NH.

My boy is 15..............your story hurt tremendously to read.

George
You are doing right by taking about your loss. I lost a GF/Companion who died by suicide,. As a result of lack of resources a Suicide Survivors Group was started at the local Hospice. Based on my experience it is a good thing to have a support group, That survivors group was made up of people whose loved one's had taken their own lives. It sure helped me. Hope you can find support like this in your community. I kinda go along with the comments here on self-blame.
Posted By: GRIZZ Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
I reckon I'm more angry at what I just read than anything. How does this happen...
Posted By: Whelenman Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
I so sorry !!!

I can only imagine how you feel. I lost a friend the same way, but not a SON! Your in my prayers you and your family!
Posted By: Ranger99 Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
I should have added this isn't God's plan or design

God loves us and doesn't send disaster down upon
us even though He could

We're all human and fallible
My sister’s learning-disabled son took his own life after an incident at school. My sister brought him home and talked to him a good while, then she went outside to tend some stock and he hung himself.

A student at school, well liked, popular, good family, walked home from lunch one day and shot himself. No explanation, one knows why. There have been others

We cannot see what goes in someone else’s mind, Sir if you had only known you would have done anything to stop it, we all would.

I can only think if these kids only knew the devastation they inflicted upon those that loved them they never would have done it.

I am so sorry for your loss.
Posted By: jwall Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
UNimagable - UNimaginable - UNcomprehendable ! ! ! !

All the thoughts and prayers others have offered with mine.

I can’t express my emptiness of words.

God is greater, God has the strength you need, God has the peace you need.

May God be WITH all your family and his friends.

Posted By: DaddyRat Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
To the OP. I lost my mom to suicide, but damn I have no words for what you are going through. Be there for your daughter. Get some help for you. Good luck and God bless.
devnull, lost my son in his forties. can't imagine the pain you are feeling right now. just know it is not your fault. things will get better with time. remember the good times.
Posted By: Judman Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
Good god, so sorry man.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
My condolences on the loss of your son, it ain't fair by any stretch.

Prayers for you and your family, may God bless an keep them safe.
As the father of two I can't imagine the pain and grief of your loss. May the good Lord watch over you and your family.
More needs to be said but I just can't find the words. God bless.
My deepest condolences.
Posted By: leesway2 Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
Prayers sent for you sir, and your family.
Posted By: dale06 Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
So sorry to hear this terrible news. I can’t fathom losing one of my kid. Take care of yourself and family.
Posted By: devnull Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
Thank you all for the kind words. We are attending counseling sessions which help but are not a panacea. As to the kids cyber-bullying my son, we have met with law enforcement as well as the DA to determine if there is a case to be made. Parents, friends and teachers in the community contacted my wife and I immediately after his death and sent us the videos the individual had posted. I didn't bring this up in the original post but with race relations where they are, you can imagine how political the issue is when the DA is elected and the two individual minors are black and my son is white. I don't want to make this a race issue as the bigger issue is with social media and how it's poisoning our youth. However, the facts are the facts and getting anyone to hear me out has been an uphill battle at best.

Also, one of you mentioned your dog (Lab?) preventing your child from performing something similar? Our dog (border collie) was in a crate that evening. I firmly believe had she been out and running after him like she so often does, it could have possibly made him think twice. Our son would throw a tennis ball with a lacrosse stick every evening with the dog. He always talked about loving the dog. The dog looks for him every evening around that time to throw the ball. She misses him too...
Posted By: readonly Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
When I was in high school I lost a good friend to suicide and it ate me for years. I did bounce back. Have lost other friends since. Cannot imagine losing a son.

I would address your complaint about the bullies with authorities. They should be held accountable. Or else they will do it again.
Posted By: Sakoluvr Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
May God's love and peace rain down on you and your family in abundance. I have no other words, just tears.
Posted By: Ackleyfan Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
As others have said this was extremely difficult to read, and my heart goes out to you, my oldest brother went thru something very similar and God has really helped him and his family get thru the hard times, I pray that God will be with you thru your healing process!

Will be praying for you and your family !
Posted By: colvin Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
I can’t even fathom, so so sorry for your loss.
Posted By: strosfann Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
devnull,

Your loss is beyond comprehension for me even though I have two sons of my own 11& 16. I even stumbled through a prayer for you and your family as simply asking for peace doesn’t seem adequate or possible. Hopefully the courage you had to share your story will touch some of us and make us be more involved parents or simply try to be better people in general. I for one am going to have a talk with my sons about the dangers of social media as well as mental health. You don’t appear to be a vengeful person but I hope for the sake of your son and anyone else potentially impacted by their actions; the kids that tormented your boy are punished as fully as possible and have their eyes opened to the evil they put out into the world.

Regards,

Stros’
Posted By: moosemike Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
I'm in tears reading this. I'm just so, so sorry
Originally Posted by GRIZZ
I reckon I'm more angry at what I just read than anything. How does this happen...

Being angry doesn't help at all. Good God man, say a prayer!
Posted By: moosemike Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
Prayers sent
Posted By: JMR40 Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
Internet bullying among middle school and high school kids is a much bigger problem than most of us realize. Lots of it here, but most adults handle it a lot better than kids do.

I'm so sorry, I cannot imagine how you're dealing with this.
Originally Posted by moosemike
I'm in tears reading this. I'm just so, so sorry

Ditto Mike, I can't imagine. God bless you Devnull.
Posted By: AKduck Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
Damn.
Posted By: Prwlr Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
Can't even imagine that kind of loss, prayers for you and your family.
Good God. No other words.
Posted By: Bry Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
Nothing I can add that hasn't already been said. Prayers sent from the father of two, 16 & 14 year olds.
Posted By: Proud_Dad Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
I am so sorry to read this news. I just found out today a good friend of mine lost his son the same way this weekend. My heart breaks for you, your family, and all of our youth/families who are struggling with these issues. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Posted By: Scotty Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
I can not imagine what you are going through. I am praying for you and your family.
Posted By: fgold767 Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
Can not imagine...was afraid for my son during his late teens.....got through that.....I thank God he is still
with us today...lots of suicide in friends and family.....my prayers go out to you and your family.
Posted By: BamBam Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
I am so sorry for your loss, sounds like a wonderful family you have, you are all in my thoughts and prayers.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
Can't, don't want to, imagine......God bless and God speed.
Posted By: hotdog Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
I can’t imagine what you and your family are going through. Will be praying for you.
Posted By: jay Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
Posted By: ingwe Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
Had a young man very close to me do this a couple years ago...

There isn't enough bandwidth to go over all the emotions this causes...

You have my deepest sympathy.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
Damn social media is the devil to young people. I am so sorry for your loss.
Posted By: Quak Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
Prayers with you...i have no words
Posted By: cowdoc Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
devnull, it's obvious you're a good man and a good father. May God give you strength to continue being a good father and husband.
Posted By: hotsoup Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
so sorry for your loss. prayers sent.
Posted By: Tarbe Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
By sharing this as you have, you may have saved a life.

Thanks for educating us all, and may God bless you with peace, even as you grieve.

Tim
Posted By: tater74 Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
So very sorry.
Sorry about your loss.
Your second post is revealing.
2 black kids against a white kid online tied in with what has been transpiring across the nation.
IMO. It has alot to do with emboldened crap blacks have been pulling.
Their needs to be a price those 2 have to pay from getting cred and satisfaction in their minds that led to your sons intimidation and taking his own life.

79S and Jackmountain hit on it......

I hope this doesn't seem as off to you me posting my opinon.
But those black kids caused it and think nothing of it.
To them it is a notch in their belt in conjunction with the riots nationwide in their minds.
JMO.

Time will heal your families pain.
Sorry about your boy.
My wife and I just bowed our heads and said a prayer for you and yours and asked God for continued guidance for our raising our teens. No words can express our condolences.

Make no mistake, this is a crime and if your DA won't go after it, I'd be so far up the state's ass they'd be begging me for relief.
Posted By: Slope77 Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
Nothing I can say to take away your pain, but I’m sorry and feel for you.

Rev 21:4

And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Posted By: High_Noon Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
Very sorry for your loss. Prayers sent.
Posted By: Deans Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
Just saw this. I have no words. Prayers sent. May God grant you and your family peace and strength.
Devnull,

I’m sorry. Don’t even know what more to say than that. We’ll be praying for you and your family out here and reading Psalm 23 with the kids tonight with you in our hearts.

If you can, point the police towards the online stuff that went on. I know nothing about the law with regards to these matters, but regardless of what the law says, a path towards closure for you goes through those bullies in some fashion.

God bless.
Posted By: handwerk Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
Heartbreaking, I am very sorry for your loss.
Posted By: NVhntr Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
Depression is a horrible, invisible, debilitating disease. It's not your fault. I hope your heart is able to heal with time.
Posted By: Leanwolf Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
Devnull, I am very sorry to hear of the tragic death of your son and your profound loss. There is no accounting for the angst in a young person's mind that causes him or her to take such a drastic and final action. Do not blame yourself.

May your son rest in peace and may you and your family get through your loss and sadness.

L.W.
Posted By: smokepole Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
Words fail me. Condolences Devnull.
So sorry for your loss.

No words seem enough at times like this.
Posted By: duck911 Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
I just saw this post and read it to my wife. We are both heartbroken.

We are praying tonight for you and your family.

God bless,

--Duck911
Posted By: jdunham Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
You and your family have my deepest sympathy and prayers.
Posted By: Dale K Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
Peace, Strength and the Grace of God be with you and yours in this time of sorrow. I would encourage you and the family to consider attending some sort of 'Grief group' through a church or other civic organization. Not necessarily right away and probably not even all you going at the same time but consider it.

I attended one at my church after my wife passed away from natural causes. It was very helpful to me just to know that I wasn't the only one out there whose emotions were like a giant bowl of spaghetti and that what I was feeling was not unusual. I even eventually helped to lead later groups.

At one of our groups, there was a mother and daughter. They had lost a daughter/sister to a drug OD. Their responses to the loss of the same person were quite different. Even though it was the same person they lost, the relationship was different. Please keep that in mind as you and the rest of your family move forward with your own lives.

Feel free to contact me if you want,

Dale
Posted By: gkt5450 Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
May our God comfort you and your family. My wife and I pray for your entire family and truly believe your son’s soul is is with our God and will await a grand reunion one day! Until that day I pray you and your family find great love and support from one another. God bless you sir.
Posted By: BigPine Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
My heart breaks for you and your family. May God ease this over time. God be with you all
Posted By: deflave Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
This is difficult so bear with me. I have always thoroughly enjoyed this forum. We all come from many walks of life but have appreciated input from others even when maybe we didn't agree. I read much more than I post as some of the responses on here can be scathing. The outdoors has always been a way of life for me to cope with whatever had me on the fence. I introduced the kids to the outdoors and they loved to hunt with me as well as ride 4-wheelers, fish, hike, camp, etc.

My 15-year old son was the core of my happiness as well as my daughter who is younger than him. I've always done things for the family as opposed to chasing a career and putting family aside. We had purchased a farm a couple years ago so that my wife and I could enjoy the outdoors with the kids and have a place just to get away from city life and a corporate job. However, my son had been battling depression for the past year. We did everything a parent knew to do at the time. When COVID came about, we took off to the farm and I worked remotely there as the offices were closed and we were just trying to stay safe. This was both a blessing and a curse for us as we'd later find out.

Fast forward to late May as this was when my world turned upside down. My son had been telling me he was sad but couldn't articulate why. This was a theme that was coming up every few months. I had a pep talk with him that evening telling him how much I loved him and how we'll get through the tough times. Little did I know how deep the message was that he was telling me. He was also telling me that kids were messing with him on social media. I didn't understand at the time to what degree as he minimized issues bothering him and wouldn't open up to his mother and I. Later that evening, my 15 year old son took his own life in front of me in the yard of the farm while I begged him not to do that.

I cannot begin to tell you the stages of grief I have and am going through. The images of that night and the OODA loop have cycled in my mind a billion+ times. I'm so lost and empty without my main man as I called him. Everything I've done was based around having a boy and a girl as a child. He has taken all enjoyment from me including hunting and shooting as well as the labor of love of the farm. My daughter won't open up and was there that night but was on the back side of the house when it occurred. She saw her brother laying there by the driveway when the in-laws came up and ushered her out of there. No words can express the heartache and emptiness I feel. It's hard for me to think that I will have to endure this the rest of my life. So many could of, should of, would of going through my head. Counselors have expressed not to feel guilt....I understand it was his decision but my job as a Dad was to protect him and I failed.

I bring all of this up as it seems like daily, I'm reading about suicides in the news...My son was absolutely cyber-bullied by two individuals (minors) for months. One kid told him the Friday before exactly what my son should do to end his life and my son followed it to a tee.....The kid continued on berating him online even after his death. He knew he was dead based on what other kids in the community posted online. Have we risen this low in society that this is the new normal?

For those of you that have lost loves one to suicide, I feel your pain and know what you're going through. It's hard to understand unless you've been here which I didn't in the past. For those with loved ones battling depression, take what they say seriously and understand what you think/feel is at a healthy rational level and they are not at the same place as you. I didn't understand that until it was too late. I thought telling him I was there and loved him would help him through it. I was ignorant. I've read the Good Guys suicide thread and there are some uninformed posts there. It's such a complicated topic and we as humans DO NOT understand the human mind. I'll forever miss the great times with my bud and will miss so much being a father of a son.....I'm so lost.

devnull,

Very sorry about your son.

Travis
^
These situations are often very complex and some things just can’t be explained. I am so so sorry that you and your family are experiencing this devastating loss. As a good Dad, you will certainly fulfill your role within the family unit. You all need each other right now! Our family will be praying for yours tonight. The good Lord will bless you and your family once again, as he has in the past.
Posted By: SCRUBS Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
My heart goes out to you and your family.
Posted By: Mathsr Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
I'm so sorry to hear of your family's tragic loss. I'll pray that God provides comfort for you and your family and peace everlasting for your son.
Posted By: Rug3 Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
devnull
With tears I read your post. How deeply I feel for you and your family. 1974 our 6yr old daughter was killed crossing the road in front of our home. We know that deep horrible grief of loosing a child. Your situation is far different, far more profound and far more difficult than ours and impossible to fully grasp. My deepest condolences. Man! I hurt for you.
Began praying for you and your family as I began reading this and will continue.
Jim
Heart goes out to you and your family.
Any words I could write... would fail.

I will instead ask God to hold you and your family well until you can walk again... however long it takes for that day to arrive.

With great sympathy, Leonard
Posted By: surefire7 Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
Talk to your son each night in your prayers. He will hear you. You can talk about all the things you will do together for eternity in Heaven. Take care of, and enjoy and love your earthly family until that day. Then, you will all be together again.
Posted By: Crawler Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
I am very sorry for your loss. We lost our only son in an accident 15 years ago at age 20. It has and is devastating to loose a child. If it wasn't for our beliefs and help from god, I don't know if I could have made it this long.
We are praying for you and your family. God bless you.
Posted By: krp Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
Just write stuff out... write it out as you feel it, reread it, write some more, edit it, write and edit, keep writing to yourself.

You will never be the person you were before, you are someone else now, you need to learn who that is.

My daughter wrote...

When you lose a parent you lost the past
When you lose a spouse you lost the present
When you lose a child you lost the future
When you lose a sibling you lost all three

Keep your daughter close.

Kent
Posted By: Terry_M Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
I do not have the words to express my feelings of pain and remorse I feel for you and your family right now. It's said that time heals all wounds and I hope that in time you will find a way to deal with your loss. My deepest condolences to you and your family. May God bless you and keep you. Prayers to you and your family in your time of grief.
Sorry for your loss Dev.
God Bless your family during this time.
Posted By: RDW Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
I am so sorry to hear this and know from my own experiences it is incredibly painful, I hope you find the internal strength to cope with this tragic loss and keep your daughter and wife close.
I can't imagine what you and your family are going through devnull. I can only pray for your healing and that you feel God's love. I am so sorry for your loss. God Bless.
Dev,

I just can't come up with the words to express the sadness of loss.
Posted By: lochsa Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
I’m truly sorry for your loss
Posted By: TheBigSky Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
Wow. I am so sorry to hear this. My prayers go out to you and yours. I know this isn't a thread to share my gripes; but, this occurs too often. Social media is the worse thing to ever come from our technological advance. May your son forever rest in peace.

I maintain almost daily contact with my son. I think I'll call him and remind him that I love him.
My heart hurts for you and your family. I’m kind of disappointed that it took reading this for me to give my kid a big hug and tell her how much she means to me. Sometimes I let the little things in life get in the way of what’s really important. Thank you for sharing and snapping me out of it.
Posted By: Torqued Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
I am very sorry for your loss. I can't even begin to imagine.
Posted By: DMc Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
The horror of horrors. There cannot be anything worse than losing a child. May God bless you and yours. I wish there was something that could be said, but there is nothing even fathomable to overcome the grief. Put your trust in God. May He be with you....
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Damn social media is the devil to young people. I am so sorry for your loss.

Bullies used to be the few kids tough and mean enough. Now you just have to be mean and there are SO MANY mean people out there.

For his tormentors, their day will come where they will have to atone. They’ve sowed the devil’s seeds and they will REAP it.
Posted By: Jeffrey Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
Devnull, I’ll be praying for you and your family tonight. My heart is broken for you and whatever you are feeling isn’t wrong. Don’t stop fighting. God bless you and your family.
Posted By: kingston Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
I can’t begin to fathom your loss. I’m so sorry. I wish you and your family all the peace in the world. I’m so sorry.
Prayers for you, your family and your community!

Hope the abusers see the light at some point before it happens to someone else's family.

Mike
I'm praying for you and your family. May the Lord comfort, heal, and strengthen you.
Dave
Posted By: jar Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
no words ! god be with you and yours! we will keep you and your family in our family prayers.
Posted By: Burleyboy Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
I'm so sorry. That brought me to tears to read.

My 8 year old son, my oldest, has recently started saying he feels sad and nervous and acts out and threatens to end it when he's really upset. Most days he's happy and doing great but we got him right into counseling.

He's supper smart and very high IQ and it turns out this social isolation the last few months is really bothering him. He's also incredibly worried about the virus and political stuff going on. He picks up bits when I'm watching the news but doesn't know how to express it. I've been letting him help me do emergency planning and we've allowed him to watch YouTube about how the immune system works. I'm hoping feeling prepared and understanding how small the threats are will reduce his stress. It seems to be helping but I'm concerned he's showing some signs of depression so early.

Depression is such a scary and dangerous thing. So hard to understand from a non depressed angle. Bullying is also incredibly hard to take as a parent. We've dealt with some of that too.

I will be praying for you and your family. The only thing I can say is that I know families are eternal and I know he's with a loving God now and you will see him again.

Bb
Posted By: 1minute Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
A tragic loss indeed. Remember though, you still have two family members needing your love and help more than ever. Prayers for all,
I’m so sorry and am a loss of words

I have a son and a daughter and I weep for you and your family.

I wish I could do something for y’all
Posted By: coobie Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
Praying for you and your family sir.
I’m so sorry for your loss.
Posted By: 007FJ Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
I can’t imagine what you guys are going through. The level people get twisted and turned on social media defies all logic. My sincere condolences and prayers for you and yours.
Posted By: Osky Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
A prayer for you is all I can offer. God will bless your son. I hope the very best for your family.

Never hesitate to speak or type, it may help ease the pain in time. We will listen.

Osky

I’m sorry to hear of the loss of your son, I’m glad you go to hunt with him not all sons go with their dads.
All I can say is keep breathing, and give yourselves time.

God bless, and you are all in our prayers.

Spot
Posted By: JakeBlues Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
Almost all of us here grew up in a time with no computers, no cell phones, no Internet, no video games, no social media and maybe had 3 channels of TV if you were lucky. We had to rely on basic human interaction, hard work, personal responsibility, respect and civility to pretty much achieve success in life. Our brains and core values developed under those conditions. Now we have all this technology but are brains are still significantly wired based on how we developed.

Unfortunately, the last couple generations grew up surrounded by all this technology and electronic input into their brains. Our input was from parents, teachers, coaches, preachers etc. Most of their input is from social media, Hollywood, a corrupt education system etc. The wrong people are controlling a significant amount of the messages going into their developing minds. And much of that messaging is approved propaganda of some very evil political scum with an agenda.

I talk smack sometimes online but the lack of civility is truly astonishing. People type things that come from the darkest parts of the human reptilian brain, that they would never ever say to a man's face. All from the comfort of a chair behind a keyboard and mouse. Think of some of the most disgusting things you've seen online and remember that today's kids have been around that most of their lives. Even if parents try to just let kids grow up and filter most of the garbage, there's still cell phones or their friend's cell phones.

We have the experience and ability to dive in the online swamp and know what's complete garbage because we've seen otherwise. Most kids are living in the matrix, fabricated by professional manipulators and they don't even know it. The value of hard work, respect, civility, critical thinking, and self worth are sadly lost to many today.
Damn.

What a deal. Very sorry.

Let me know if we can do something.
A parents worst fear.

Hug your family close tonight. And every night.
Posted By: hookeye Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
Liberalism and 'lectronics making a very toxic environment for today's youth.

You can tell them the truth, show them the way..........may reduce the risk, but it never removes it.

Shame kids can't just be worried about kid stuff.

Prayers sent for you and yours,i truly hope these filthy animals that caused this are brought to justice.
Posted By: Oakster Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
I just dont have the words to respond in a manner that this post deserves. It hurts to read and the pain you feel comes through in your writing. Concentrate on your family and make sure to take care of yourself. Keeps seeing someone to talk to, I think it is important to be able to work through your feelings.Prayers for you and your family. I hope you find that you have many great friends who will help you through this.
Posted By: Dutch Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
I’m not a praying man, but I prayed for you and your family, and for all the others that have gone through tragedies themselves, yet are here offering support themselves.

You are a good man, a good husband, a good father to your son and daughter. Hold them close, hold them as close as you can bear, and may God hold you even closer.
May the good Lord be with you and family.
Posted By: Limapapa Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
Remember the good times, don't deny the grief. You will take both with you to the end. Continue to appreciate God's blessings including the beauty of each day. We all get there someday, some take longer than others. My sincere pain at your loss, and his loss too. Best wishes.
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
Almost all of us here grew up in a time with no computers, no cell phones, no Internet, no video games, no social media and maybe had 3 channels of TV if you were lucky. We had to rely on basic human interaction, hard work, personal responsibility, respect and civility to pretty much achieve success in life. Our brains and core values developed under those conditions. Now we have all this technology but are brains are still significantly wired based on how we developed.

Unfortunately, the last couple generations grew up surrounded by all this technology and electronic input into their brains. Our input was from parents, teachers, coaches, preachers etc. Most of their input is from social media, Hollywood, a corrupt education system etc. The wrong people are controlling a significant amount of the messages going into their developing minds. And much of that messaging is approved propaganda of some very evil political scum with an agenda.

I talk smack sometimes online but the lack of civility is truly astonishing. People type things that come from the darkest parts of the human reptilian brain, that they would never ever say to a man's face. All from the comfort of a chair behind a keyboard and mouse. Think of some of the most disgusting things you've seen online and remember that today's kids have been around that most of their lives. Even if parents try to just let kids grow up and filter most of the garbage, there's still cell phones or their friend's cell phones.

We have the experience and ability to dive in the online swamp and know what's complete garbage because we've seen otherwise. Most kids are living in the matrix, fabricated by professional manipulators and they don't even know it. The value of hard work, respect, civility, critical thinking, and self worth are sadly lost to many today.

Ive been trying to say this as coherently as this for a while now, well done.
I can’t even imagine.
I’m so sorry for your loss.
Posted By: acy Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
I am so sorry. I can't begin to imagine what you are going through.
Posted By: broomd Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
So very painful to read this.

May God give you and yours peace.
Posted By: 43Shooter Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
Deepest sympathy for your son, you and your family.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by JakeBlues

Ive been trying to say this as coherently as this for a while now, well done.

Short version-

Social media is the devil for young people today.
Posted By: WAM Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
No words to even begin to cover your pain. May the Lord bless your family in your hearts in this time of sorrow.

(Soapbox) Satan enters our homes and families in many seemingly innocuous ways. The computer has evolved into his favorite tool to wreck lives. I would not pretend to know how to thwart his evil other than to never let younguns have computers.
Posted By: shootem Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
Brother I love you with the love of Jesus. Sometimes it seeems even a love that large is insufficient. I have prayed for you and yours and will continue to do so because that's all I know to do. May you somehow find peace in this most dreadful of circumstances thru Jesus Christ our Savior.
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
I got misty eyed relaying a story about my Grandpa and then I read your post and it's even worse.

I'm so sorry for your loss. All I can think of to say is that you and your family have my deepest condolences and prayers for healing.

That is too tragic to even comprehend. I can't even imagine.

Hang in there man.
Can’t imagine the level of pain and don’t know how I’d find that kind of strength to manage it somewhat. My thoughts are with you and your family. Sincerely
My son confided to my wife and I when he was 18 that he had been suicidal since elementary school, when he was a Junior another kid at the small high school he attended took his own life. my son was very angry about that and looking back I think it was because he felt like if he did that after that everyone would think he was a copy cat. He's 22 years old now and doing pretty good but it's still in the back of our minds. When he told us that is when my wife and I started praying together before bed every night, our relationship with the Lord has grown immensely in these last 4 years and when you get right down to it I guess that's what this life is all about.
Prayers are sent and I am so sorry.
Posted By: krp Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
The joy has gone from life, the innocence, though you didn't think of it as innocence before. No joy in holidays, just sad reminders. Their death day replaces their birthday. One eye is looking forward as one eye is looking back, you can't get anywhere like that and there's really no place to go now anyway. You never get over it, time doesn't lessen it, the pain doesn't dull, it doesn't get better just different... possessions don't mean anything, money doesn't mean anything, only thing matters is relationships... life is now about the wait...

Kent
Posted By: Starman Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
Originally Posted by WAM

(Soapbox) Satan enters our homes and families in many seemingly innocuous ways. The computer has evolved into his favorite tool to wreck lives. I would not pretend to know how to thwart his evil other than to never let younguns have computers.

Yeah wrap your kids in cotton wool and hide
them away from the world.

I was raised in a catholic environment where Priests
used to sooth people by saying God just called the
deceased early... Now I'm hearing the devil did it
through a computer..., someone else said God didn't
cause it to happen, but surely he saw it coming?

Some youngsters die through drugs, others
hang themselves or shoot themselves with
their dads gun..or crash family car over a cliff,
so NEVER let kids have access to guns, car keys,
computers or the medicine and alcohol cabinet
that way they will be "safe".

I'm not into big social media networks, but cant
you easily block people who give you a hard time?
and be part of your own select private group?
the other option is stay away from it if you cant
handle it.

Posted By: Rooster7 Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
Originally Posted by WAM

so .NEVER let kids have access to guns, car keys,

I'm not into social media networks, but cant
handle it.

This is not the thread for your idiocy. Get lost you dickhead!
THE OP made a lengthy opening
now you are saying we can't discuss
the things mentioned by him or what
others have said ?

You want to control and decide things?

Originally Posted by Rooster7

This is not the thread for your idiocy. Get lost you dickhead!

You probably don't sound much different
to those minors who bullied his son.

Posted By: ruffcutt Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
Words fail me, you have my deepest sympathy. Stay strong.
Posted By: Jerseyboy Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
Devnull, you have my deepest sympathies and will be in my prayers. A few months ago my cousin called me unexpectedly to tell me a very similar story about his son who took his own life in the house.

God bless you and yours.
Posted By: 163bc Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
Prayers to your family
Posted By: EQFD193 Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
A parent should never have to bury their child. I am so sad to hear this, my deepest condolences.
Posted By: CrowRifle Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Posted By: Redneck Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
devnull, I'm so sorry and so sad to be reading this today. I really have no words - I'm just shocked.. I pray you and your family will be able to get through this somehow..
Posted By: dave7mm Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
Sorry for your loss.

dave
Posted By: RayF Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
A close friend and co-worker had this experience several years ago. Same age. I couldn’t wrap my head around it then as I can’t now.

Despite that experience, 10 minutes of a blinking cursor is evidence that I cannot come up with the words to express the sadness that I feel for you.

Trying to make sense of it will never provide the intended result. One day at a time, brother. Your family needs you. God bless you and yours in this troubled time.

Respectfully,
Ray F.
So sorry for your loss. Prayers
Posted By: OldHat Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
Originally Posted by Mesa

We have an epidemic of despair among young people in this country and we are "treating" it with the holy water of that good old "river in Egypt"--denial.

This is what we need to understand. We need to spend real thought on understanding the root of the despair. It's cultural.
Originally Posted by TheBigSky
Wow. I am so sorry to hear this. My prayers go out to you and yours. I know this isn't a thread to share my gripes; but, this occurs too often. Social media is the worse thing to ever come from our technological advance. May your son forever rest in peace.

I maintain almost daily contact with my son. I think I'll call him and remind him that I love him.

It's not just social media. There is a culture being driven into young minds. It's a culture of death. Smartphones with high speed access to a rotten culture accelerate this.
Sincerely you have my deepest sympathy, may God grant you the extra strength for each day.. if i may, please don't do that to yourself. You're attempting to rationalize a distorted thought process. You sound like a wonderful man, don't fault yourself for not being a mind reader.
So sorry for your loss - it's all I can think to say right now.
Posted By: SCgman1 Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
Sorry for your loss. May the lord provide peace and healing for the family.
Posted By: Raeford Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
No words, but prayers
Posted By: barm Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
As a father, I am heartbroken and I weep with you. My wife and I lost twin sons who were stillborn. I don't have the length of time and memories like you have with your son, but I have never hurt so bad in my life. My grandmother told me when my uncle passed that she had lost two husbands, but nothing hurt more than losing her child. She was right. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Had a similar experience last year. There is no way to wrap your mind around it and find closure. My condolences.
Posted By: JPro Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
Praying here, and will continue to do so........
Posted By: Snowwolfe Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
I can't imagine for a second what you and your wife are going through. The pain has to be immense. Words escape me. I am not a very religious person but today I pray there is a god and he helps you and your family through this.
Posted By: TOPCATHR Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
There are no words to describe how sorry I am for you loss
I suffered from depression my entire life from childhood to now 67 years old. I understand the pain and sorrow that comes with it. Prayers to you.
Posted By: HTDUCK Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
My deepest condolences.
this is too common, and too tragic. a friend of mine lost his (grown) son the same way. PTSD from his service.

I'm sorry for your loss. let others help you through this tough time, and be prepared to help others when they face the same challenges.
My Father took his own life 18 years ago. While not the same, I know your pain. May God lift you and your family up......I have no words....
This is the worst of the worst. My father taught me that grief shared is grief diminished. My prayer is that through this thread it may be so, for you and yours.

Amen and Godspeed.
Originally Posted by wabigoon

This.
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
'Sorry for your loss.

You can't attempt to fix a problem that you're unaware of and it doesn't sound like your son was sharing the cyber bullying with you, if that was the reason that he killed himself.
You and your family have my deepest condolences. I can't begin to know how you feel at this time, but let me commend you for having the courage it took to post this. Internalizing your grief can only be harmful to your own physical, mental, spiritual and emotional health. You will need that same strength in the days ahead for your wife, your daughter, and yourself.
Posted By: Ready Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
I am sorry. Here is what you need to do, if you have not already:

1) Take action. Safe those social media topics and make them available to police. Reason: It will do you good. You may save another child and you will help making society better.

2) Set your sails. Be there for your daughter and your wife. They need you. Give all you can - understand it may not be enough. Reason: It will help you find self worth and at the same time protect you. Coping with regret is much worth that accepting.

3) Allow yourself to grieve.

Your son is not with you anymore, but you have not truely lost your son. PM, if you like to talk.
Posted By: cfran Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
My heart goes out to you sir, no words can help but do know I will pray and I hope your family can eventually find peace. God bless.
And suddenly all my troubles seem so very, very small.

I so wish I had words to comfort you to help you start to recover. But I can think of nothing that will assuage your pain 😢

But I will pray to the almighty to do so.

I’m so very, very sorry for your loss & what you’ve been through. God bless you & yours sir. Hard to type w watery eyes.
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
So sorry. No words other than focus on those around you.
Posted By: antlers Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
And suddenly all my troubles seem so very, very small.
Truth.
Posted By: sactoller Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
I am just heartbroken for you and your family, prayers.
Posted By: devnull Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20

so NEVER let kids have access to guns, car keys,

I'm not into big social media networks, but cant
and be part of your own select private group?
handle it.

Starman,
I want to respond here as you make a good point about keeping the bad things away from kids. I wanted my kids to have the same experiences as other kids in society. That meant in our case, having a "smart" phone. However, we as stewards and mentors of our kids do not realize what the current environmentals are doing to our kids. I work in the cyber security industry and have for the last 19 years. I'm aware of how technology works and how corporate networks are being targeted, etc. However, I didn't have any ideas as to how kids were interacting with technology (and with each other) as I didn't and don't buy into social media. I saw my son one day rolling through his phone tapping the screen...This went on for 30 minutes. I asked him what he was doing and he proceeds to tell me that he has to continue the streaks on SnapChat. Bottom line is that these companies are finding way to keep the kids engaged in screen time and to have "followers" so that a user base for the platform is built. Social media companies are also clever enough to remove any forensic evidence or metadata after a user views a chat/video. This alone propagates the ability for cyber bullying to occur. Also remember, time is of the essence in collecting any of these logs as evidence.

Where does that leave me as a parent? We, in our infinite wisdom (pun here), try to limit his access and time on the phone. My son figures out how we're filtering and he then finds a way around it by re-writing his MAC address on the device or gets on another local, open hotspot.There were times where we felt taking the phone away was a means to protect him. However, he was in a school system where attendance was taken by the phone. Classrooms were administered through the use of the phones by having kids answer questions via the "smart" phone. Now, we're in a situation where he's having a hard time in the classroom due to us taking the phone.....Environmental demands here tell us this isn't sustainable. So, to answer your question, it's not black and white on being able to block access when content is deleted after being viewed. Staying away if you can't handle isn't an option either as there were legitimate demands for the technology. It's a vicious cycle that we've put ourselves in here. At the end of the day, my son made a decision....Keeping him away may not have changed his decision.

In the future, we'll look back on this time regarding technology and society's exposure and think of it as an absolute train wreck. My son told me some time back I had no idea what he was exposed to compared to when I was his age. Wrongfully, I didn't believe him originally but I do now. I tried to get the kids outdoors and to expose them to the simpler pleasures in life. However, the dopamine rush from social media wouldn't let them slow down and enjoy it like we did as youngsters.

Anyway, thank you all for the condolences and kind words. They are comforting if there is such a thing right now. It's helped me to write this post. There are some on here that I've reached out to that have walked down this road years back. I appreciate the knowledge and wisdom imparted as they went through the process.
Posted By: bluefish Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20

Good God. Please accept my deepest sympathies and condolences to you and your family. I cannot possibly imagine what you are experiencing at this moment. I pray that God's Mercy be upon you and your family. I am truly sorry your boy could not be reached. While it is of little good to hear and read now I firmly believe as a Christian that the Lord has a plan and there is a reason for everything although in our limited human ability we are unable to see a larger design during our short lifetimes. I encourage your to latch ever tighter onto God for both you and your family, especially your daughter, during this time and pray that His tenderness and love brings you through this together. You are always welcome to PM me if you wish to speak further. May God Bless you, your family, and your son.
"In the future, we'll look back on this time regarding technology and society's exposure and think of it as an absolute train wreck."

The Iphone causes all kinds of damage to society. We are going to wish that they had never been invented.

Starman,
I want to respond here as you make a good point about keeping the bad things away from kids. I wanted my kids to have the same experiences as other kids in society. That meant in our case, having a "smart" phone. However, we as stewards and mentors of our kids do not realize what the current environmentals are doing to our kids. I work in the cyber security industry and have for the last 19 years. I'm aware of how technology works and how corporate networks are being targeted, etc. However, I didn't have any ideas as to how kids were interacting with technology (and with each other) as I didn't and don't buy into social media. I saw my son one day rolling through his phone tapping the screen...This went on for 30 minutes. I asked him what he was doing and he proceeds to tell me that he has to continue the streaks on SnapChat. Bottom line is that these companies are finding way to keep the kids engaged in screen time and to have "followers" so that a user base for the platform is built. Social media companies are also clever enough to remove any forensic evidence or metadata after a user views a chat/video. This alone propagates the ability for cyber bullying to occur. Also remember, time is of the essence in collecting any of these logs as evidence.

Where does that leave me as a parent? We, in our infinite wisdom (pun here), try to limit his access and time on the phone. My son figures out how we're filtering and he then finds a way around it by re-writing his MAC address on the device or gets on another local, open hotspot.There were times where we felt taking the phone away was a means to protect him. However, he was in a school system where attendance was taken by the phone. Classrooms were administered through the use of the phones by having kids answer questions via the "smart" phone. Now, we're in a situation where he's having a hard time in the classroom due to us taking the phone.....Environmental demands here tell us this isn't sustainable. So, to answer your question, it's not black and white on being able to block access when content is deleted after being viewed. Staying away if you can't handle isn't an option either as there were legitimate demands for the technology. It's a vicious cycle that we've put ourselves in here. At the end of the day, my son made a decision....Keeping him away may not have changed his decision.

In the future, we'll look back on this time regarding technology and society's exposure and think of it as an absolute train wreck. My son told me some time back I had no idea what he was exposed to compared to when I was his age. Wrongfully, I didn't believe him originally but I do now. I tried to get the kids outdoors and to expose them to the simpler pleasures in life. However, the dopamine rush from social media wouldn't let them slow down and enjoy it like we did as youngsters.

Anyway, thank you all for the condolences and kind words. They are comforting if there is such a thing right now. It's helped me to write this post. There are some on here that I've reached out to that have walked down this road years back. I appreciate the knowledge and wisdom imparted as they went through the process.

Very informative. Thank you, and God bless you and your family.

Posted By: Valsdad Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
devnull,

I do wish you the best in your dealings with the DA/police there. It's certainly going to be tough given the politics of the issue as you mentioned.

I don't know, but if the law enforcement agencies turn out to be no help to that aspect of your situation, might a call/email to some press establishments be in order?

Once again, my sincerest and heartfelt condolences to you and yours.
Just to show how evil our culture has become ... Every parent should listen to the song "Bury a Friend" by Billie Eilish. Ignore the beat and LISTEN TO THE WORDS. Your kids do. She has over 31 million subscribers. That song alone has 356 million views!!!
Posted By: K22 Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
I can't even begin to fathom the mental pain and anguish you are going through. I pray that you can find peace and be released from reliving that memory.
Posted By: bufaf Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
There are no words that can express enough sorrow for the loss of a child.
Posted By: Troy66 Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
Devnull Sorry for your loss. Prayers for you and your family.

Starman,
I want to respond here as you make a good point about keeping the bad things away from kids. I wanted my kids to have the same experiences as other kids in society. That meant in our case, having a "smart" phone.....

..... ......

Theres nothing wrong with such technology in
the classroom, work/business and private life.
Mobile PEDs also allow people to be out and about
doing the simple healthy pastimes and pleasures
you talk of while carrying a useful helpful device
for sensible reasons.
PEDs offer a lot of practical efficiency and I see
society using them responsibly in such manner. Individuals just need to decide/ manage how and
why they employ their device.
The introduction of the idiot box TV did
far worse by keeping people glued to
the lounge chair and brainwashed.

PEDs are almost a compulsory tool of the
advancing world and learning at schools
or running a business without such would
be foolish/ a distinct disadvantage.
But a learning or business tool application
is not the same as just 'hanging out' on
social media coz it's hip or cool...there are
people that have responsibilities and busy
constructive lives who don't have time
to waste on social media, but will still take
advantage of such to keep in contact with
family and good friends. If used in a smart
way, PEDs and social media can and do
improve one's success and quality of life.

Anyone who don't like technology and all
the 'evils' it brings, can sell their car and
computer and go live with the Amish.

People who take their lives young or old or just
abuse their lives, can be a complex issue as to
why they do, and the ignorance some display
regarding who or what is to blame, doesnt do
anything to solve the problem.

We have so far avoided smart phones and social media for our kids....and will continue to avoid them.

A terrible reminder for sure.
Posted By: Fotis Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
My sincerest condolences for your tragic loss. I can not imagine the pain.......
I'm 61 with three sons and it made me cry reading what you just went thru........... I can't imagine having the strength to continue on.

My prayers are with you and just remember you did all you could, all any normal caring dad would, could do.
I am so sorry to hear this news. Prayers on the way.
Posted By: hookeye Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20

Public school w lib teachers/ admins and A hole students is bad enough. Modern tech just makes it tougher.

Bad people leverage whatever they can.

My kids out of school and this crap was bad back then.
I think it has gotten way worse
Posted By: T LEE Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
All I can do Sir is offer Prayers of strength and comfort to you and your family.
Posted By: antlers Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/15/20
Originally Posted by hookeye
Bad people leverage whatever they can.
Preach...!
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
We have so far avoided smart phones and social media for our kids....and will continue to avoid them.

Resist, resist, at all costs resist, all the way though high school.
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Resist, resist, at all costs resist, all the way though high school.

I honestly dont believe there is a safe dose when it comes to children and social media.

"Unsafe at any speed."
I just drove today for 80 miles on interstates to look at an ultralight airplane with my brother.
We saw four or five instances of people getting really stupid, in the left lane on I 40 doing 55 in a 65 zone etc. In every case, the driver, usually a young female, was texting on an Iphone. Using an Iphone while driving is more dangerous than drunk driving.

We met with the guy selling the ultralight, he was limping a little. Six weeks ago, he was stopped at a stop light in Cullowhee NC, on his BMW motorcycle, a gal rear ended him and totalled his bike. She was doing 35 and never even hit the brakes.
She was texting on the Iphone.

He told me he "suffered a fracture of the 10th thoracic vertebra."

I am an old paramedic. I said, "You mean, you have a broken back. Why are you still breathing air?"

The Iphone is the new religion. It is a monster. I hate Iphones.

We had a pretty good country 15 years ago and the Iphone had not been invented.
Posted By: Barkoff Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/16/20
I’m very sorry, this is a tragety. I have Two friends whose 15 year old sons did the same, they never saw it coming, none of the kid’s friends saw it coming.
I saw their degrees of suffering, I have an idea of what your family will now endure, and I’m very sorry. Sometimes life is just so damned cruel.
I’ll never forget one of them looking me in the eyes, tears filling his, “I just want him back, I just want another chance”. I teared up too, what could I say to him, but “I’m so sorry this happened”.

Again, that is all I can say, I’m so sorry this happened.
Sometimes there isnt a reason.

Just seemed like the thing to do at the time.

I got to the scene before the parents on a suicide call.

We always want there to be a reason.
Posted By: SKane Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/20/20
devnull,

Damn, damn, damn.
I'm so very sorry for your loss. frown

Please go easy on yourself.
Posted By: MarkWV Re: My Son Took His Own Life - 07/20/20
I’m sorry for you and your family’s loss OP.
© 24hourcampfire