Home
Is so that John Roberts doesn’t get to decide who the next president is going to be. Because you know that is what is coming.
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Is so that John Roberts doesn’t get to decide who the next president is going to be. Because you know that is what is coming.

+1
Nominate Amy Coney Barrett and watch Chuck U Schumer go crazy. I can’t wait to see him crying and looking down his nose in front of a microphone whining.
I don't get the "Cocaine Mitch" reference. Why "Cocaine" Mitch?
Can't have it both ways, nomination should be AFTER inauguration day, anything else would be hypocritical. I'd rather have Brett Kethledge when it does go down.
Originally Posted by CowboyTim
Can't have it both ways, nomination should be AFTER inauguration day, anything else would be hypocritical. I'd rather have Brett Kethledge when it does go down.
Who gives a fuuck about hypocritical at this point ? You think the Dems aren't hypocritical and worse every chance they get ?
There is a major difference between Obama’s appointment and Trump’s. Obama was done, his 8 years were all but up. Trump has 4 more years left.

I don't care what looks hypocritical, winning is winning, and this'll look like winning to me.

I want my country back.
Originally Posted by Bperdue21
There is a major difference between Obama’s appointment and Trump’s. Obama was done, his 8 years were all but up. Trump has 4 more years left.

The 'major difference' IMHO is NOT that Obama was 'done'............

Obama had every right, Constitutionally, to appoint in his last year......... The Senate had every right, Constitutionally, to reject...... and they did, by not even bringing the matter to the floor.

This idea of not confirming in the last year, the last month, the last week even, is totally made up.

Trump has a vacancy on the SCOTUS, he was elected, as long as he is in office, it is HIS to fill, if the Senate confirms, so be it, if they don't................ they don't.
Originally Posted by Muffin

Obama had every right, Constitutionally, to appoint in his last year......... The Senate had every right, Constitutionally, to reject...... and they did, by not even bringing the matter to the floor.

This idea of not confirming in the last year, the last month, the last week even, is totally made up.

Trump has a vacancy on the SCOTUS, he was elected, as long as he is in office, it is HIS to fill, if the Senate confirms, so be it, if they don't................ they don't.

That’s where I’m at.

Our entire government is set up for one branch stone wall the other. When the balance tilts, you gotta run with it.
The nomination is Trumps. WaitIng until after Nov is just dumb.
It absolutely needs to be done now. Trump could lose (or have it stolen from him) or the Dems could win the senate. It's their duty to appoint someone now while they can.
Originally Posted by tpcollins
Nominate Amy Coney Barrett and watch Chuck U Schumer go crazy. I can’t wait to see him crying and looking down his nose in front of a microphone whining.

Her choice of adoption is a bad indicator vis a vis our nation's immigration situation, and the laws relating thereto.
At this point, IDGAFF if Trump outcheats the commies to win. They'll cheat. We need a brawler and street fighter and that's what we've got, thank God. The Dems probably haven't won a Presidential election legitimately since Andy Jackson. SCOTUS nominee? Shove it so far up their asses that Soros pukes when it comes out his mouth.
Ruth has been dead a long time. The dems used her as a puppet, so that seat has been corrupt. Talk of fair play is pretty naive.
If it can be rammed thru, then get it done.
No doubt there is a ton of backdoor deals and money changing hands now.
Not nominating right away is appeasement which we all should have learned does not work with the democrat communists. I hope President Trump nominates before She is in the ground.

Hypocrisy is the order of the day in DC. That's why I reveled over Obama whining about the Garland fiasco.

https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/white-house/article70499547.html

"But when he was a senator, Obama and his Democratic colleagues attempted to block the nomination of President George W. Bush’s pick to the Supreme Court, Samuel Alito, using the technical procedure of a filibuster."

HA HA HA HA HA
Originally Posted by Gun_Geezer

neither do I ??
If Mitch can't get it done in time, then he should RECESS, and let TRiUMPh make a recess appointment.............. temporary though it MAY be..... We don't need a 4/4 Court with what is likely coming up in the next three months...
I cant wait for another RINO to be appointed so he or she can vote along with the white hating communists

Bullshit, educate yourself for crying out loud.

https://therightscoop.com/watch-mitch-mcconnells-full-interview-with-bret-baier/
Originally Posted by 57springer
Originally Posted by Gun_Geezer

neither do I ??

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2018/05/04/the-kooky-tale-of-cocaine-mitch/%3foutputType=amp

^ yep.

As already pointed out.

Obama was a lame duck and could not run again, President Trump is not a lame duck, also during that time the Democrats held the WH and the Republicans held the Senate, today the Republicans hold both.

The Republican Senate was elected to the majority under Obama to STOP him, today the Republican Senate was elected to Support Trump, not stop him..

Apples to Oranges at best.
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Who gives a fuuck about hypocritical at this point ? You think the Dems aren't hypocritical and worse every chance they get ?

Yes, elections have consequences. We have the Senate now.

If Obama had the Senate in 2015, he would have picked the replacement to Scalia, and we would be worse fugged.

When you wake TF up, be sure and let us all know.

That would quite possibly be the dumbest move in the history of the United States.
Originally Posted by local_dirt

When you wake TF up, be sure and let us all know.

Kool, but I’d rather he just went away, back to the DU.
McConnell has his work cut out for him in the coming days that’s for certain.

Let’s see if he can rally the troops.

So far we have one Public defector.

Double standard? Republicans have the senate majority which the demrats did not have when they tried to screw us with Garland. Do you in your addled hypocritical mind think the leftard duo Shumer/Pelosi would not push some legislate on the bench leftist POS through to sit on the high court. WTF has Cowboy have to do with Wisconsin?
Do it now. It's is time to be Ruthless.
Originally Posted by JoeBob

How does Roberts decide this with. 4-4 split?

What does the constitution say about SC ties?
Originally Posted by RockyRaab

That's what blows 6 ft. over the top of Mr. Cowboy Tim's head.

Not bad!

Outstanding. I wish I had said that.
I wish I hadn't rushed the typing.

I like your attitude Sir; let the chips fall where they may, enough of this pussy footing around. Cheers NC
Ruthless. Good one.
I also liked your word "Dempanic" I have used it quite a bit.

They played a card that was in the deck back then. That card is not in the democrats hands right now. Red and Blue is an adversarial relationship, just the way it is. Play nice guy? Republicans have reached across the isle too many times just to get it in the azz.

[Linked Image from cdn.boldomatic.com]

You ain't no cowboy!
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...-back-haunt-appointing-rbgs-replacement/

Here's Chuck! Do you think this is hypercritical of the Dem's?
Nominee has to be a woman

If it’s a man, Debra Katz will start marching out women that that got fingerbanged at a frat house 50 years ago.
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
At this point, IDGAFF if Trump outcheats the commies to win. They'll cheat. We need a brawler and street fighter and that's what we've got, thank God. The Dems probably haven't won a Presidential election legitimately since Andy Jackson. SCOTUS nominee? Shove it so far up their asses that Soros pukes when it comes out his mouth.

Couldn't have said it any better.

If we don't run it up their azzes, they absolutely sure as hell will run it up ours...............& even though Trump should win a straight up election, there is absolutely no guarantee that he will after all the cheating is done.

They all have an obligation to act & to do it now; any that don't want to should be voted out on this alone.

There are 3 RINO "No" votes for sure, so they need all the rest but fortunately, Pence gets the tie breaker.

MM
Originally Posted by slumlord
Nominee has to be a woman

If it’s a man, Debra Katz will start marching out women that that got finger banged at a frat house 50 years ago.

50 years ago, sounds about right. Figure the nominee would be around my age, 61, and I finger banged Jill in the 8th grade. Yeah, I can see Jill in that case coming out and saying I molested her being paid or just being a lib. That would be embarrassing since in the 8th grade Jill was really pretty. Kind of looks like a female Michelin man today.

So you want to gamble the whole Republic?
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

So you want to gamble the whole Republic?

Yeah, Republicans bring a poodle to a pitbull fight ring...... AGAIN!!

Hypocritical? Please don't be so naive about Washington. It is all about power and all about the numbers. There has never been anything "fair" about national politics. You may have this false sense that earlier in your life politics were more on the the "up and up", but if so, only because the Democrats had a virtual monopoly on the House and Senate from 1932 to 1994. They owned the House that entire period, usually by a large margin. There wasn't mush of a power struggle because the Dems had an overwhelming majority for most of that period.

Since the 1994 GOP take over of the House, there has been a bitter power struggle. The GOP never really has learned to street fight. The Dems do it well. The GOP never really learned to lead as a majority when they had it. (Witness 2016-18) The Dems know what to do (see 2008-10, or 1992-94) They have the numbers, they push their agenda through and damn the criticism. It is time that that the GOP return the favor. The GOP blocked Merrick Garland because they could. The Supreme Court is important. Now it's time they push their agenda when they have the power, just as the Dems do.

Sorry, but as Barrack H. Obama told us "Elections have consequences." Obama tried to get his guy through. He didn't wait for Hillary to take over. His attempt was blocked. Time for Trump to take his shot. Time tomake the 2016 election really count! How about a little payback for Russia?Mueller? How about a little payback for phony impeachment? How about a little "In Your Face" to Nancy and Chuckie before the election?

Obama took his shot and lost twice. Once on Garland getting no vote, and next on Hillary losing. Time for the GOP to grab the ball and score.

Darn. I was hoping Piglousy was apoplectic.

Mitch McConnell as leader of the Republican controlled Senate was completely within the rule of law to stonewall the nomination process until the next year. This time around the Senate and presidency are of the same party and choosing to hold a vote the same year. They’d be crazy not to. The only thing that makes McConnell look remotely bad is that he gave that B.S. explanation about the people deciding when he stonewalled Obama. No explanation was necessary other than it was within his power as Majority leader to delay a pick that he didn’t like.

The whole letting the people decide talk is nothing but B.S. the people are aware of the potential for SCJ picks every single time there is an election and in fact I specifically voted for Trump in part to see him nominate as many judges as possible.
I agree with JoeBob's reasoning. Roberts might well vote with the Leftists if the election results are contested which looks very possible. Ted Cruz said essentially the same thing although he didn't mention Roberts.
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Darn. I was hoping Piglousy was apoplectic.

Give it time. She will go absolutely (more) bat-schitt crazy if Mitch says he's gonna start the proceedings................................

MM
The Dems play this timing, style and tact game every time they can. But whenever they're in the driver's seat none of that stuff ever matters. If the roles were reversed, they'd be ramming someone through and all their voters would be demanding it.
All I'm saying is that McConnell threw it out there 4 years ago with 10 months before the election. As it sits right now, I believe the Republicans WILL hold both the White House and the Senate. I also believe that pushing a nominee through now, would be about the only thing you could do to actually get the "Bernie Bro's" out to vote for Biden.

In short either we get a "safe" nominee to appease the masses, AND hand the keys over to the left or hold steady and get a better justice and 4 more years to solidify the court.
I am wondering whether RGB has been dead for months, and the communists managed to hide it up until the time they thought they could successfully lobby for a delay in the appointment of a replacement until after election season. That they're deceptive, conniving, and lying bastards cannot be denied. FUCK them and the horse they rode in on.
Originally Posted by steve4102

As already pointed out.

Obama was a lame duck and could not run again, President Trump is not a lame duck, also during that time the Democrats held the WH and the Republicans held the Senate, today the Republicans hold both.

The Republican Senate was elected to the majority under Obama to STOP him, today the Republican Senate was elected to Support Trump, not stop him..

Apples to Oranges at best.

Agreed.

Comes down to this. When you have the political power USE IT.

If you arent willing to, the voters made a mistake giving it to you.

If that isnt clear enough...WWDD?
(What Would Democrats Do)
All I'm saying is that McConnell threw it out there 4 years ago with 10 months before the election. As it sits right now, I believe the Republicans WILL hold both the White House and the Senate. I also believe that pushing a nominee through now, would be about the only thing you could do to actually get the "Bernie Bro's" out to vote for Biden.

In short either we get a "safe" nominee to appease the masses, AND hand the keys over to the left or hold steady and get a better justice and 4 more years to solidify the court.

In 2018 when Kavanaugh was rushed through just two months prior the election it didn't end well for control of the House, the Senate could suffer the same fate this time around, maybe even the Presidency. Losing the Senate and the White would be a disaster, is it worth the risk?

Exactly. Nobody seems to mention that
aspect !
Originally Posted by tpcollins

I ask you, have you ever seen Schumer do anything else?
Originally Posted by Squidge

In 2018 when Kavanaugh was rushed through just two months prior the election it didn't end well for control of the House, the Senate could suffer the same fate this time around, maybe even the Presidency. Losing the Senate and the White would be a disaster, is it worth the risk?

Yeah, you're right. Being a timid cock sucker is the answer.

Maybe you can provide a logical link between House seats and what the Senate does. But NO, you cannot.

Stop concerning, troll.

The Senate and more assuradly, the presidency is safe.
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

If it’s left on the table they’ll have more reason to come out in November and vote. If it’s already done and over with they’ll be pissed but the issue will be a non issue.

If Trump were to lose not having confirmed a SCJ while having control of the presidency and Senate it will have been an epic blunder.

I’m not a fan of prevent defenses or playing scared. You take what you can and do as much as you can while you’re in a position to do it.

This may be true.

In your case, if you knew anything about the past you wouldn't say such stupid shit.

The problem is, you're wrong. Putting a nominee through right now isn't going to turn off a significant number of voters and is a large safety measure in the case of losing either the Senate or Whitehouse. I don't think very many people are going to get out and vote against Trump that wouldn't have anyway, just because mean old Donald pushed a right wing guy or gal through as is his right and duty. The person taking the job HAS to be one of us. Anything less will not do. You're out of your tree even suggesting a moderate, dud and even more so suggesting we wait. The commies count on us being pussies like Romney and McClown.
Originally Posted by RiverRider

This may be true.

In your case, if you knew anything about the past you wouldn't say such stupid shit.

You don't even remember what happened in the 2018 midterms.
Originally Posted by RiverRider

This may be true.

You don't even remember what happened in the 2018 midterms.

You have no idea WHY things happen. That's what history is about.

You've left a trail here squidge.

A past to remember.

Irony turned up to an ELEVEN.
Originally Posted by add

You've left a trail here squidge.

A past to remember.

Irony turned up to an ELEVEN.

Laffin. Hard.
Originally Posted by Armednfree

They played a card that was in the deck back then. That card is not in the democrats hands right now. Red and Blue is an adversarial relationship, just the way it is. Play nice guy? Republicans have reached across the isle too many times just to get it in the azz.

[Linked Image from cdn.boldomatic.com]

Plus 1

You look at the Democrats tactics from “Russia gate” on down playing nice and trying to placate the left is not a winning solution.
I'm just saying that ramming through a SC justice is a risk based on recent history, last time it galvanized people to vote who skipped voting in 2016. If history repeats itself, then this place will be just as depressing as it was back in November of 2018. Tim's point was don't galvanized your opponent to show up and vote on election day when you can get what you want with a little patience.
not saying i wish this, but just imagine what would happen if before the election pelosi starts melting down mentally similar to what's happening with biden...would really drive home the point of age/health issues with these politicians, would sink biden's chances
Anyone that thinks the democrats wouldn’t be doing the exact same thing if roles were reversed is either totally Naïve or completely stupid.

I think, If we dont do it the left will be screaming to vote Biden to prevent Trump from stacking the court and flushing Roe v Wade.

We need a new SCJ to negate that plea.
Originally Posted by jaguartx

BS. If we dont do it the left will be screaming to vote Biden to prevent Trump from stacking the court and flushing Roe v Wade.

We need a new SCJ to negate that plea.

Exactly.

Do it now while we can and at the same time take the whole issue off of the shelf so that it’s a nonissue in November
When need to get this SCJ in place and get as much done as possible for this country in the next 4 years, including shutting the door on our current 2-tier justice system. We need corrupt politicians in JAIL! If we can get this country humming again, bring home manufacturing opportunities and continue to get them established in our "opportunity zones" and get law and order back, we have a shot at rebuilding our country. We'll NEVER rebuild it by giving in to the Democrats threats. They'll kill our country and way of life now or kill it later. This is a fight we MUST win, at all costs!

Think about it like this......I'm sure the British felt it was unfair for George Washington to cross the Delaware river at night on CHRISTMAS to defeat Johann Rall but leadership prevailed and ensured victory. It doesn't look the same but you can bet your azz this battle is just as important!!
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

The problem is, you're wrong. Putting a nominee through right now isn't going to turn off a significant number of voters and is a large safety measure in the case of losing either the Senate or Whitehouse. I don't think very many people are going to get out and vote against Trump that wouldn't have anyway, just because mean old Donald pushed a right wing guy or gal through as is his right and duty. The person taking the job HAS to be one of us. Anything less will not do. You're out of your tree even suggesting a moderate, dud and even more so suggesting we wait. The commies count on us being pussies like Romney and McClown.

Small correction. Trump isnt pushing a conservative. We need to explain that. He's pushing a Constitutionalist. Zero's pos picks were lieberals and rubber stamped him.
© 24hourcampfire