Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Squidge
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

This may be true.

In your case, if you knew anything about the past you wouldn't say such stupid shit.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by CowboyTim
All I'm saying is that McConnell threw it out there 4 years ago with 10 months before the election. As it sits right now, I believe the Republicans WILL hold both the White House and the Senate. I also believe that pushing a nominee through now, would be about the only thing you could do to actually get the "Bernie Bro's" out to vote for Biden.

In short either we get a "safe" nominee to appease the masses, AND hand the keys over to the left or hold steady and get a better justice and 4 more years to solidify the court.
The problem is, you're wrong. Putting a nominee through right now isn't going to turn off a significant number of voters and is a large safety measure in the case of losing either the Senate or Whitehouse. I don't think very many people are going to get out and vote against Trump that wouldn't have anyway, just because mean old Donald pushed a right wing guy or gal through as is his right and duty. The person taking the job HAS to be one of us. Anything less will not do. You're out of your tree even suggesting a moderate, dud and even more so suggesting we wait. The commies count on us being pussies like Romney and McClown.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RiverRider

This may be true.

In your case, if you knew anything about the past you wouldn't say such stupid shit.

You don't even remember what happened in the 2018 midterms.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RiverRider

This may be true.

You don't even remember what happened in the 2018 midterms.

You have no idea WHY things happen. That's what history is about.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

You've left a trail here squidge.

A past to remember.

Irony turned up to an ELEVEN.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by add

You've left a trail here squidge.

A past to remember.

Irony turned up to an ELEVEN.

Laffin. Hard.

Don't be the darkness.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Armednfree
Can't have it both ways, nomination should be AFTER inauguration day, anything else would be hypocritical. I'd rather have Brett Kethledge when it does go down.

They played a card that was in the deck back then. That card is not in the democrats hands right now. Red and Blue is an adversarial relationship, just the way it is. Play nice guy? Republicans have reached across the isle too many times just to get it in the azz.

[Linked Image from cdn.boldomatic.com]

Plus 1

You look at the Democrats tactics from “Russia gate” on down playing nice and trying to placate the left is not a winning solution.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm just saying that ramming through a SC justice is a risk based on recent history, last time it galvanized people to vote who skipped voting in 2016. If history repeats itself, then this place will be just as depressing as it was back in November of 2018. Tim's point was don't galvanized your opponent to show up and vote on election day when you can get what you want with a little patience.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
not saying i wish this, but just imagine what would happen if before the election pelosi starts melting down mentally similar to what's happening with biden...would really drive home the point of age/health issues with these politicians, would sink biden's chances

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Anyone that thinks the democrats wouldn’t be doing the exact same thing if roles were reversed is either totally Naïve or completely stupid.

IC B3

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
All I'm saying is that McConnell threw it out there 4 years ago with 10 months before the election. As it sits right now, I believe the Republicans WILL hold both the White House and the Senate. I also believe that pushing a nominee through now, would be about the only thing you could do to actually get the "Bernie Bro's" out to vote for Biden.

In short either we get a "safe" nominee to appease the masses, AND hand the keys over to the left or hold steady and get a better justice and 4 more years to solidify the court.

I think, If we dont do it the left will be screaming to vote Biden to prevent Trump from stacking the court and flushing Roe v Wade.

We need a new SCJ to negate that plea.

Last edited by jaguartx; 09/21/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jaguartx

BS. If we dont do it the left will be screaming to vote Biden to prevent Trump from stacking the court and flushing Roe v Wade.

We need a new SCJ to negate that plea.

Exactly.

Do it now while we can and at the same time take the whole issue off of the shelf so that it’s a nonissue in November

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
When need to get this SCJ in place and get as much done as possible for this country in the next 4 years, including shutting the door on our current 2-tier justice system. We need corrupt politicians in JAIL! If we can get this country humming again, bring home manufacturing opportunities and continue to get them established in our "opportunity zones" and get law and order back, we have a shot at rebuilding our country. We'll NEVER rebuild it by giving in to the Democrats threats. They'll kill our country and way of life now or kill it later. This is a fight we MUST win, at all costs!

Think about it like this......I'm sure the British felt it was unfair for George Washington to cross the Delaware river at night on CHRISTMAS to defeat Johann Rall but leadership prevailed and ensured victory. It doesn't look the same but you can bet your azz this battle is just as important!!

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

The problem is, you're wrong. Putting a nominee through right now isn't going to turn off a significant number of voters and is a large safety measure in the case of losing either the Senate or Whitehouse. I don't think very many people are going to get out and vote against Trump that wouldn't have anyway, just because mean old Donald pushed a right wing guy or gal through as is his right and duty. The person taking the job HAS to be one of us. Anything less will not do. You're out of your tree even suggesting a moderate, dud and even more so suggesting we wait. The commies count on us being pussies like Romney and McClown.

Small correction. Trump isnt pushing a conservative. We need to explain that. He's pushing a Constitutionalist. Zero's pos picks were lieberals and rubber stamped him.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 163bc, 06hunter59, 16gage, 56 invisible), 2,959 guests, and 1,277 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,969
Posts18,519,658
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.