Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
At this point, IDGAFF if Trump outcheats the commies to win. They'll cheat. We need a brawler and street fighter and that's what we've got, thank God. The Dems probably haven't won a Presidential election legitimately since Andy Jackson. SCOTUS nominee? Shove it so far up their asses that Soros pukes when it comes out his mouth.

Couldn't have said it any better.

If we don't run it up their azzes, they absolutely sure as hell will run it up ours...............& even though Trump should win a straight up election, there is absolutely no guarantee that he will after all the cheating is done.

They all have an obligation to act & to do it now; any that don't want to should be voted out on this alone.

There are 3 RINO "No" votes for sure, so they need all the rest but fortunately, Pence gets the tie breaker.

MM

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by slumlord
Nominee has to be a woman

If it’s a man, Debra Katz will start marching out women that that got finger banged at a frat house 50 years ago.

50 years ago, sounds about right. Figure the nominee would be around my age, 61, and I finger banged Jill in the 8th grade. Yeah, I can see Jill in that case coming out and saying I molested her being paid or just being a lib. That would be embarrassing since in the 8th grade Jill was really pretty. Kind of looks like a female Michelin man today.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by CowboyTim
Can't have it both ways, nomination should be AFTER inauguration day, anything else would be hypocritical. I'd rather have Brett Kethledge when it does go down.

So you want to gamble the whole Republic?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Can't have it both ways, nomination should be AFTER inauguration day, anything else would be hypocritical. I'd rather have Brett Kethledge when it does go down.

So you want to gamble the whole Republic?

Yeah, Republicans bring a poodle to a pitbull fight ring...... AGAIN!!

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Hypocritical? Please don't be so naive about Washington. It is all about power and all about the numbers. There has never been anything "fair" about national politics. You may have this false sense that earlier in your life politics were more on the the "up and up", but if so, only because the Democrats had a virtual monopoly on the House and Senate from 1932 to 1994. They owned the House that entire period, usually by a large margin. There wasn't mush of a power struggle because the Dems had an overwhelming majority for most of that period.

Since the 1994 GOP take over of the House, there has been a bitter power struggle. The GOP never really has learned to street fight. The Dems do it well. The GOP never really learned to lead as a majority when they had it. (Witness 2016-18) The Dems know what to do (see 2008-10, or 1992-94) They have the numbers, they push their agenda through and damn the criticism. It is time that that the GOP return the favor. The GOP blocked Merrick Garland because they could. The Supreme Court is important. Now it's time they push their agenda when they have the power, just as the Dems do.

Sorry, but as Barrack H. Obama told us "Elections have consequences." Obama tried to get his guy through. He didn't wait for Hillary to take over. His attempt was blocked. Time for Trump to take his shot. Time tomake the 2016 election really count! How about a little payback for Russia?Mueller? How about a little payback for phony impeachment? How about a little "In Your Face" to Nancy and Chuckie before the election?

Obama took his shot and lost twice. Once on Garland getting no vote, and next on Hillary losing. Time for the GOP to grab the ball and score.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
IC B2

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Darn. I was hoping Piglousy was apoplectic.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Mitch McConnell as leader of the Republican controlled Senate was completely within the rule of law to stonewall the nomination process until the next year. This time around the Senate and presidency are of the same party and choosing to hold a vote the same year. They’d be crazy not to. The only thing that makes McConnell look remotely bad is that he gave that B.S. explanation about the people deciding when he stonewalled Obama. No explanation was necessary other than it was within his power as Majority leader to delay a pick that he didn’t like.

The whole letting the people decide talk is nothing but B.S. the people are aware of the potential for SCJ picks every single time there is an election and in fact I specifically voted for Trump in part to see him nominate as many judges as possible.

Last edited by TheLastLemming76; 09/19/20.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I agree with JoeBob's reasoning. Roberts might well vote with the Leftists if the election results are contested which looks very possible. Ted Cruz said essentially the same thing although he didn't mention Roberts.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Darn. I was hoping Piglousy was apoplectic.

Give it time. She will go absolutely (more) bat-schitt crazy if Mitch says he's gonna start the proceedings................................

MM

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The Dems play this timing, style and tact game every time they can. But whenever they're in the driver's seat none of that stuff ever matters. If the roles were reversed, they'd be ramming someone through and all their voters would be demanding it.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
All I'm saying is that McConnell threw it out there 4 years ago with 10 months before the election. As it sits right now, I believe the Republicans WILL hold both the White House and the Senate. I also believe that pushing a nominee through now, would be about the only thing you could do to actually get the "Bernie Bro's" out to vote for Biden.

In short either we get a "safe" nominee to appease the masses, AND hand the keys over to the left or hold steady and get a better justice and 4 more years to solidify the court.

Mauser Rescue Society
Founder, President, and Chairman

I don't always shoot Mausers, but when I do...I prefer VZ-24s.

jdi do píči
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am wondering whether RGB has been dead for months, and the communists managed to hide it up until the time they thought they could successfully lobby for a delay in the appointment of a replacement until after election season. That they're deceptive, conniving, and lying bastards cannot be denied. FUCK them and the horse they rode in on.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by steve4102

As already pointed out.

Obama was a lame duck and could not run again, President Trump is not a lame duck, also during that time the Democrats held the WH and the Republicans held the Senate, today the Republicans hold both.

The Republican Senate was elected to the majority under Obama to STOP him, today the Republican Senate was elected to Support Trump, not stop him..

Apples to Oranges at best.

Agreed.

Comes down to this. When you have the political power USE IT.

If you arent willing to, the voters made a mistake giving it to you.

If that isnt clear enough...WWDD?
(What Would Democrats Do)

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
All I'm saying is that McConnell threw it out there 4 years ago with 10 months before the election. As it sits right now, I believe the Republicans WILL hold both the White House and the Senate. I also believe that pushing a nominee through now, would be about the only thing you could do to actually get the "Bernie Bro's" out to vote for Biden.

In short either we get a "safe" nominee to appease the masses, AND hand the keys over to the left or hold steady and get a better justice and 4 more years to solidify the court.

In 2018 when Kavanaugh was rushed through just two months prior the election it didn't end well for control of the House, the Senate could suffer the same fate this time around, maybe even the Presidency. Losing the Senate and the White would be a disaster, is it worth the risk?

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Bperdue21
There is a major difference between Obama’s appointment and Trump’s. Obama was done, his 8 years were all but up. Trump has 4 more years left.

Exactly. Nobody seems to mention that
aspect !

Last edited by keith_dunlap; 09/21/20.

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by tpcollins
Nominate Amy Coney Barrett and watch Chuck U Schumer go crazy. I can’t wait to see him crying and looking down his nose in front of a microphone whining.

I ask you, have you ever seen Schumer do anything else?

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Squidge

In 2018 when Kavanaugh was rushed through just two months prior the election it didn't end well for control of the House, the Senate could suffer the same fate this time around, maybe even the Presidency. Losing the Senate and the White would be a disaster, is it worth the risk?

Yeah, you're right. Being a timid cock sucker is the answer.

Maybe you can provide a logical link between House seats and what the Senate does. But NO, you cannot.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Squidge

Stop concerning, troll.

The Senate and more assuradly, the presidency is safe.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

If it’s left on the table they’ll have more reason to come out in November and vote. If it’s already done and over with they’ll be pissed but the issue will be a non issue.

If Trump were to lose not having confirmed a SCJ while having control of the presidency and Senate it will have been an epic blunder.

I’m not a fan of prevent defenses or playing scared. You take what you can and do as much as you can while you’re in a position to do it.

Last edited by TheLastLemming76; 09/21/20.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 19rabbit52, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 163bc, 57 invisible), 2,955 guests, and 1,253 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,970
Posts18,519,678
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.