Home
Posted By: wabigoon Your Class Ring? - 09/22/20
High school, service or other? Still have it?
I took mine off to wash my hands in school, and forgot it. Gone now.
Posted By: Savage_Hunter Re: Your Class Ring? - 09/22/20
still have mine. haven't worn it since 12th grade. a few girlfriends wore it. I almost never did.
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: Your Class Ring? - 09/22/20
Never had one....Same for a letterman jacket. 4 year lettered in two sports. No jacket.

😎
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Your Class Ring? - 09/22/20

Hawked it for a case of Boone's Farm
Posted By: tater74 Re: Your Class Ring? - 09/22/20
Got it and the Letterman's jacket. Neither one fit.
Posted By: wyowinchester Re: Your Class Ring? - 09/22/20
Still got it. Sits in a ring box on my gun rack. Like new.
Posted By: rem141r Re: Your Class Ring? - 09/22/20
gave mine to a cute blonde in 1985 to wear on a chain between her nice boo bays. haven't seen the ring or the boo bays since.
Posted By: antlers Re: Your Class Ring? - 09/22/20
I only had one, my college ring. I bought it when I graduated from UT in 1987. Gave it to my son last January.
Posted By: plainsman456 Re: Your Class Ring? - 09/22/20
I still have that over priced piece of gold.

I wore it for a few weeks but took it off so it would not get bent any more.

Same for the wedding band,i wore it for the weekend then it was put up for safety.
Posted By: AZmark Re: Your Class Ring? - 09/22/20
Ive got mine somewhere. Circa 1972
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: Your Class Ring? - 09/22/20
Mine was damaged when I used it to rip off my left ring finger. Haven't worn it since.
Posted By: CashisKing Re: Your Class Ring? - 09/22/20
Originally Posted by tikkanut

Hell yeah!
Still have my High School ring, though it wont fit my pinky finger now. I do wear my collage ring from time to time.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Your Class Ring? - 09/22/20
Took it and sold it for the gold the day that I brought my wife and son home from the hospital when he was born.
Posted By: stantdm Re: Your Class Ring? - 09/22/20
Got the high school ring but the center part is gone. My college ring is like new. Dumb thing to get but it would make a good boat anchor.
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: Your Class Ring? - 09/22/20
This is weird. My son is about to purchase one and my wife wanted to show him ours and so I just looked at it. I haven't even looked at it in several years. I gave it to my wife. She wore it more than me anyway when we were going together in high school.

IIRC...white gold, initials inside. Birthstone in the center. Class. Name of the high school. Wife's ring was nearly identical.
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: Your Class Ring? - 09/22/20
It's weird because I looked at it and then walked in and saw that you posted this just after I'd looked at the ring.
Posted By: Scotty Re: Your Class Ring? - 09/22/20
I have a high school class ring that I have not worn in years.
Posted By: hookeye Re: Your Class Ring? - 09/22/20
HS class ring is like saving your last diaper from potty training.
Posted By: 1minute Re: Your Class Ring? - 09/22/20
Due to work risks, I've never worn rings.
Posted By: Dale K Re: Your Class Ring? - 09/22/20
There's an article in the local paper about a guy who found one from with a metal detector just recently. He found it at a nearby state park that was a popular place the day after the prom. Picnics, canoe trips on the river etc. The ring was lost 48 years ago on a rafting trip. He found it underwater and it had initials and a year engraved in it The guy got a yearbook from the correct school and went through it to find someone with those initials. He was able to return her ring to her. Kind of a cool story with a nice ending.

http://www.thecourierexpress.com/ne...35a625e-ae88-5708-8817-f1e17b1d1cfe.html

I never had one, figured I'd beat the hell out of it or lose it on the farm.

Dale
Posted By: RDW Re: Your Class Ring? - 09/22/20
Had a HS ring, fake gold and a birthstone but not my month. A girlfriend from KS with huge tits wore it and gave it back when we broke up, have no clue when or where I lost it.

I bought my college ring in 1990, 14k for longevity and lower cost and that ring is important to me. Got too fat to wear it in a few years, about 28 years later I lost a lot of weight and it fits so I wear it.
Posted By: GeoW Re: Your Class Ring? - 09/22/20
Sold it to a goldbug during the 79? gold rush.

g
Posted By: add Re: Your Class Ring? - 09/22/20
Josten's cornered the market years ago.
Posted By: fester Re: Your Class Ring? - 09/22/20
Lol...
Class ring huh?

She, them ladies where good.

I will hang my hat on that. Lol class ring. 🤣
Posted By: Cheesy Re: Your Class Ring? - 09/22/20
Wish I’d spent the money on a gun. Not even sure where it is now.
Posted By: CharlieFoxtrot Re: Your Class Ring? - 09/22/20
Still have the college ring. It's a bit out of round from opening beer bottles. Most expensive opener I'll ever own. Not sure I'd spend the money if I had to do it again.
Posted By: EdM Re: Your Class Ring? - 09/22/20
My parents were adamant buying me one when I graduated university as I was the only one of three having done so. It was a stretch for them. I went to work in a refinery when I graduated where it was not allowed. That said any jewelry, including a wrist watch, just bugged the chit out me. As such, I have worn nothing all of my 58 years.
Posted By: add Re: Your Class Ring? - 09/22/20
Originally Posted by EdM
My parents were adamant buying me one when I graduated university as I was the only one of three having done so. It was a stretch for them. I went to work in a refinery when I graduated where it was not allowed. That said any jewelry, including a wrist watch, just bugged the chit out me. As such, I have worn nothing all of my 58 years.

Thanks for the sharing.
Posted By: T_Inman Re: Your Class Ring? - 09/22/20
I was way too interested in drinking anything I could, and killing everything I could to care about a class ring.

I miss my youth.
Posted By: Idaho_Shooter Re: Your Class Ring? - 09/22/20
Originally Posted by 1minute
Due to work risks, I've never worn rings.

There is this. I refused to let Momma even buy a wedding ring for me, though she complained about it for the first three or four years.

A HS ring? No fuggin way. There was nothing I wanted to commemorate about that experience. Had I my way, I would have not even had Senior Class Photos. But my folks figured out that I had skipped the photo session and absolutely came unglued. They got me back in for pics with about one day to spare.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Your Class Ring? - 09/22/20
Huh?

like others I have never worn a ring. And after busting the crystals on a number of wristwatches, I haven't had a watch on my wrist for a good long while either.

Saw a friend about lose a finger when a big old ring got caught in a fence when he wrecked his motorcycle. That really convinced me not to wear the dang things, given what I was around. Sad, our friend on the back lost her leg about halfway between the knee and ankle in that wreck.

tikka, was that the Apple version or the Strawberry Hill? Like math, these things count. grin
Posted By: slumlord Re: Your Class Ring? - 09/22/20
Still have mine from HS, still looks good, still fits. In the night stand with the rest of my Mr T starter kit.

If I ever need a loaf of bread and a pack of bologna, I know what to do with the ring.
Posted By: Mac84 Re: Your Class Ring? - 09/22/20
Still have my senior high school ring. Doesn’t fit but i have it.
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Your Class Ring? - 09/22/20
No Ring, just jacket.
Posted By: High_Noon Re: Your Class Ring? - 09/22/20
My brother lost mine in the yard. Probably still there.
Posted By: fgold767 Re: Your Class Ring? - 09/22/20
High school , 1966, and college, 1970 both stolen in home break-in while we were on vacation in 1983. Guy next door did it...cops caught him and magistrate turned him loose and he was gone in the wind.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Your Class Ring? - 09/22/20
Originally Posted by slumlord
Still have mine from HS, still looks good, still fits. In the night stand with the rest of my Mr T starter kit.

If I ever need a loaf of bread and a pack of bologna, I know what to do with the ring.

Might just say screw the sammiches if it gets that bad and buy youself a 40 of Old English 800
Posted By: Morewood Re: Your Class Ring? - 09/22/20
My HS class ring was once stolen and I didn't see it for many years. Got it back at a funeral. The ring had been hack-sawed to fit the deceased thief's fat finger. My name was inscribed and his Mom knew me so gave it back wrapped in kleenex.
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Your Class Ring? - 09/22/20
That is just weird.

Originally Posted by Morewood
My HS class ring was once stolen and I didn't see it for many years. Got it back at a funeral. The ring had been hack-sawed to fit the deceased thief's fat finger. My name was inscribed and his Mom knew me so gave it back wrapped in kleenex.
Posted By: superlight17b Re: Your Class Ring? - 09/22/20
Never got one,i knew my mother couldn t afford it so i didn t even ask.no lettermams jacket either,i have the letter and the pin someplace.
Posted By: hookeye Re: Your Class Ring? - 09/22/20
I wished I'd skipped HS senior pics/graduation.

Did in college.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Your Class Ring? - 09/22/20
Ran across mine the other day while helping my wife look for a piece of jewelry she'd thought she'd lost. Tried it on, and my little finger was the only one it would go on. Never wore it much. Same way with my wedding band. Used to do a lot of riding horses and roping about ten years after I was married, and heard about a guy who'd had a rope catch on his wedding band, and when it tightened up, the ring cut his finger off. Wife told me to quit wearing mine, so haven't worn it since.
Posted By: bluefish Re: Your Class Ring? - 09/22/20
Thought I lost it in high school. Having dinner at my then girlfriend's house and when we sat down there was a clatter and she picked it up from under her chair.
Posted By: NDsnowman Re: Your Class Ring? - 09/22/20
Originally Posted by bluefish
Thought I lost it in high school. Having dinner at my then girlfriend's house and when we sat down there was a clatter and she picked it up from under her chair.

I knew someone would post something like this. Only reason I opened the thread, lol.
Posted By: Mike_S Re: Your Class Ring? - 09/22/20
Sitting in a wooden box on my dresser. It is keeping company with my wedding band (another ring that shrunk over time).
Posted By: bluefish Re: Your Class Ring? - 09/22/20
Originally Posted by NDsnowman
Originally Posted by bluefish

I knew someone would post something like this. Only reason I opened the thread, lol.

Happy to please. She was at the time, BTW.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Your Class Ring? - 09/22/20
I can't remember what mine cost? In the fall of 60 likely not much, but real change at the time.

Thanks for all the replies good men.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Your Class Ring? - 09/22/20
I ran across mine a while back. I haven't seen it in the 40 years since then, though.
Posted By: BluMtn Re: Your Class Ring? - 09/22/20
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Never had one....Same for a letterman jacket. 4 year lettered in two sports. No jacket.

😎

Girlfriend ended up with my ring, I think she still might have it. In our school lettermans jackets were scarce. FFA jackets ruled our school back then.
Posted By: memtb Re: Your Class Ring? - 09/22/20

Mine was apparently stolen from the bedroom jewelry box by some kids visiting at our home. It’s the only explanation that I have, for it’s disappearance! Pretty bummed-out about it. It was the only thing that I had from 12 years attending the same school. I had a yearbook....but, it was stolen from my locker at school! The ring was my only connection to my school. memtb
Posted By: navlav8r Re: Your Class Ring? - 09/22/20
I have mine from high school and college. The HS ring is too small and the college ring won’t fit in the summer but will in winter when my fingers seem to shrink.
Posted By: hanco Re: Your Class Ring? - 09/22/20
Still have it, broke where they sized it. I never wore it, GF-wifey did.
Posted By: flintlocke Re: Your Class Ring? - 09/22/20
Left home, school, and made my own way, as best I could. If anybody ever offers a "Low Class Ring", I will proudly wear it.
Posted By: smarquez Re: Your Class Ring? - 09/22/20
Originally Posted by tikkanut

Boones Farm was the worst hangover I ever had. I was chittin' and barfing in a trash can at the same time.
Posted By: smarquez Re: Your Class Ring? - 09/22/20
I'm pretty sure a crazy ex gf stole it. I had some left over stuff in a drawer from HS. One was a picture of my wife and I on grad night at Disneyland and she tore it in half. She was gorgeous and a body like you wouldn't believe but was batshit crazy.
Posted By: gophergunner Re: Your Class Ring? - 09/22/20
I never got one. My folks said I could get a ring, or have that ammount of money to do with as I pleased. I bought traps.
Posted By: MAC Re: Your Class Ring? - 09/22/20
Never got one. Thought it was a waste of $$$. Took that $$$ and used it to cover expenses for almost 6 months of camping in the CO rockies after I graduated and then it was off to USN boot camp. Never missed the ring.
Posted By: ejo Re: Your Class Ring? - 09/22/20
No ring or jacket. Always thought you’d have to be light in the loafers to rock them.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Your Class Ring? - 09/22/20
Originally Posted by plainsman456
I still have that over priced piece of gold.

Had mine melted down to hold an elk ivory. That particular elk was more important than anything that happened in high school...
Posted By: gregintenn Re: Your Class Ring? - 09/22/20
I didn’t even consider getting one, but my mother insisted on buying one. It’s in my wife’s jewelry safe in a pile of scrap gold. It’s next to the wedding ring my wife insisted on buying for me. They’ve finally learned that I don’t wear jewelry.
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: Your Class Ring? - 09/23/20
I never had a class ring and didn’t want one. Mom and dad wanted me to get one and they would’ve bought it for me but I told them that they’d be wasting their money since I wouldn’t wear it. In my opinion the class rings from our school were by Josten’s jewelers iirc and they were generally big, gaudy and mostly fake...plus, as a man, I wasn’t into jewelry. I proudly wear my wedding band and will until the day I die but that’s the only jewelry I wear. No piercings or pinky rings for me thanks.

I have been thinking about wearing my grandpa’s WWII dog tag. He and I were real close. He was my best friend and I miss him deeply so I thought I’d take his dog tag out and maybe wear it somehow.
Posted By: 22250rem Re: Your Class Ring? - 09/23/20
I never had a high school class ring either because I had gotten a class ring when I got out of eighth grade at a catholic grammar school and then realized that I wasn't into jewelry. Still have that eighth grade class ring around someplace but I can't even recall ever wearing it.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Your Class Ring? - 09/23/20
Too expensive.
Posted By: aalf Re: Your Class Ring? - 09/23/20

High school ring......I wore mine out........had to get it cut off.......

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: Whelenman Re: Your Class Ring? - 09/23/20
I sold mine!
Posted By: oldcuss Re: Your Class Ring? - 09/23/20
My wife found mine in my Moms jewelry box while sorting out her
things after she passed, still had the receipt in box $46.95. Jostens
Class of 1961, what a waste I never wore it. Still do not wear any
jewelry.
Posted By: IndyCA35 Re: Your Class Ring? - 09/23/20
I still have both. My girl friend wore my high school ring for a year or so. I wore my college ring for about 10 yers but don't any more. I even forgot to wear it to my college reunions.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Your Class Ring? - 09/23/20
No service rings? I'd think some Marines would have had one?
Posted By: rem141r Re: Your Class Ring? - 09/23/20
my old man graduated HS in 1936. he said his dad gave him a choice of either a class ring or a shotgun. we still have the shotgun.
Posted By: blindshooter Re: Your Class Ring? - 09/23/20
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Mine was damaged when I used it to rip off my left ring finger. Haven't worn it since.

Still have my first wedding band. It's not a band anymore as my uncle cut it off with a pair of side cutters. It was pulled into a teardrop shape when it tried to pull my finger off. Happened getting out of a tree stand in the dark, turned loose at the last step and even with a glove on the ring hung up on a screw in step. Lucky my feet hit the ground about the same time. Pulled the ring up to the joint tearing the skin and meat at the same time. I won't going to the ER on a Sat night but my first wife wasn't having any of that so I got it sewed up, 10 stiches, you could see the tendons. Took forever to heal up, the ER dude screwed up the seamstress work bad. My regular doc just jerked the stitches out and said keep it clean.

Never wore the HS ring, one of my buddies got his between a wrench and a hot wire working on a tractor starter without pulling the ground. Got a wicked burn.
Posted By: jnyork Re: Your Class Ring? - 09/23/20
Originally Posted by wabigoon
No service rings? I'd think some Marines would have had one?

The vast majority of military people work around some sort of machinery, very strong chance of tearing off a finger if you make the wrong move. Most military units have strict rules about wearing rings etc around the machinery, on the flight line, or around electrical stuff. The military rings I remember in the PX were kinda cheap anyway.

I never got a class ring, they were $15.00 and I didn't want to spend perfectly good beer money on a trinket. grin

I do, however, have my Mother's ring, same high school as myself, class of 1925, perfect condition in the original box.
© 24hourcampfire