Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
There's an article in the local paper about a guy who found one from with a metal detector just recently. He found it at a nearby state park that was a popular place the day after the prom. Picnics, canoe trips on the river etc. The ring was lost 48 years ago on a rafting trip. He found it underwater and it had initials and a year engraved in it The guy got a yearbook from the correct school and went through it to find someone with those initials. He was able to return her ring to her. Kind of a cool story with a nice ending.

http://www.thecourierexpress.com/ne...35a625e-ae88-5708-8817-f1e17b1d1cfe.html

I never had one, figured I'd beat the hell out of it or lose it on the farm.

Dale

This space for rent

GB1

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Had a HS ring, fake gold and a birthstone but not my month. A girlfriend from KS with huge tits wore it and gave it back when we broke up, have no clue when or where I lost it.

I bought my college ring in 1990, 14k for longevity and lower cost and that ring is important to me. Got too fat to wear it in a few years, about 28 years later I lost a lot of weight and it fits so I wear it.

Dave

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sold it to a goldbug during the 79? gold rush.

g

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Josten's cornered the market years ago.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Lol...
Class ring huh?

She, them ladies where good.

I will hang my hat on that. Lol class ring. 🤣

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wish I’d spent the money on a gun. Not even sure where it is now.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Still have the college ring. It's a bit out of round from opening beer bottles. Most expensive opener I'll ever own. Not sure I'd spend the money if I had to do it again.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
My parents were adamant buying me one when I graduated university as I was the only one of three having done so. It was a stretch for them. I went to work in a refinery when I graduated where it was not allowed. That said any jewelry, including a wrist watch, just bugged the chit out me. As such, I have worn nothing all of my 58 years.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by EdM
My parents were adamant buying me one when I graduated university as I was the only one of three having done so. It was a stretch for them. I went to work in a refinery when I graduated where it was not allowed. That said any jewelry, including a wrist watch, just bugged the chit out me. As such, I have worn nothing all of my 58 years.

Thanks for the sharing.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was way too interested in drinking anything I could, and killing everything I could to care about a class ring.

I miss my youth.

IC B3

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by 1minute
Due to work risks, I've never worn rings.

There is this. I refused to let Momma even buy a wedding ring for me, though she complained about it for the first three or four years.

A HS ring? No fuggin way. There was nothing I wanted to commemorate about that experience. Had I my way, I would have not even had Senior Class Photos. But my folks figured out that I had skipped the photo session and absolutely came unglued. They got me back in for pics with about one day to spare.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Huh?

like others I have never worn a ring. And after busting the crystals on a number of wristwatches, I haven't had a watch on my wrist for a good long while either.

Saw a friend about lose a finger when a big old ring got caught in a fence when he wrecked his motorcycle. That really convinced me not to wear the dang things, given what I was around. Sad, our friend on the back lost her leg about halfway between the knee and ankle in that wreck.

tikka, was that the Apple version or the Strawberry Hill? Like math, these things count. grin

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Still have mine from HS, still looks good, still fits. In the night stand with the rest of my Mr T starter kit.

If I ever need a loaf of bread and a pack of bologna, I know what to do with the ring.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Still have my senior high school ring. Doesn’t fit but i have it.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No Ring, just jacket.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My brother lost mine in the yard. Probably still there.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
High school , 1966, and college, 1970 both stolen in home break-in while we were on vacation in 1983. Guy next door did it...cops caught him and magistrate turned him loose and he was gone in the wind.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slumlord
Still have mine from HS, still looks good, still fits. In the night stand with the rest of my Mr T starter kit.

If I ever need a loaf of bread and a pack of bologna, I know what to do with the ring.

Might just say screw the sammiches if it gets that bad and buy youself a 40 of Old English 800

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My HS class ring was once stolen and I didn't see it for many years. Got it back at a funeral. The ring had been hack-sawed to fit the deceased thief's fat finger. My name was inscribed and his Mom knew me so gave it back wrapped in kleenex.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That is just weird.

Originally Posted by Morewood
My HS class ring was once stolen and I didn't see it for many years. Got it back at a funeral. The ring had been hack-sawed to fit the deceased thief's fat finger. My name was inscribed and his Mom knew me so gave it back wrapped in kleenex.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

92 members (44automag, 10gaugemag, 308xray, 300_savage, 41rem, 808outdoors, 12 invisible), 1,526 guests, and 908 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,723
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.