Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Never got one,i knew my mother couldn t afford it so i didn t even ask.no lettermams jacket either,i have the letter and the pin someplace.

GB4

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I wished I'd skipped HS senior pics/graduation.

Did in college.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Ran across mine the other day while helping my wife look for a piece of jewelry she'd thought she'd lost. Tried it on, and my little finger was the only one it would go on. Never wore it much. Same way with my wedding band. Used to do a lot of riding horses and roping about ten years after I was married, and heard about a guy who'd had a rope catch on his wedding band, and when it tightened up, the ring cut his finger off. Wife told me to quit wearing mine, so haven't worn it since.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Thought I lost it in high school. Having dinner at my then girlfriend's house and when we sat down there was a clatter and she picked it up from under her chair.

The way life should be.
N
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by bluefish
Thought I lost it in high school. Having dinner at my then girlfriend's house and when we sat down there was a clatter and she picked it up from under her chair.

I knew someone would post something like this. Only reason I opened the thread, lol.

IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Sitting in a wooden box on my dresser. It is keeping company with my wedding band (another ring that shrunk over time).

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by NDsnowman
Originally Posted by bluefish

I knew someone would post something like this. Only reason I opened the thread, lol.

Happy to please. She was at the time, BTW.

The way life should be.
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I can't remember what mine cost? In the fall of 60 likely not much, but real change at the time.

Thanks for all the replies good men.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I ran across mine a while back. I haven't seen it in the 40 years since then, though.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Never had one....Same for a letterman jacket. 4 year lettered in two sports. No jacket.

😎

Girlfriend ended up with my ring, I think she still might have it. In our school lettermans jackets were scarce. FFA jackets ruled our school back then.

Writing from the gateway to the great BluMtns in southeastern Washington.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.
IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M

Mine was apparently stolen from the bedroom jewelry box by some kids visiting at our home. It’s the only explanation that I have, for it’s disappearance! Pretty bummed-out about it. It was the only thing that I had from 12 years attending the same school. I had a yearbook....but, it was stolen from my locker at school! The ring was my only connection to my school. memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
I have mine from high school and college. The HS ring is too small and the college ring won’t fit in the summer but will in winter when my fingers seem to shrink.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Still have it, broke where they sized it. I never wore it, GF-wifey did.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Left home, school, and made my own way, as best I could. If anybody ever offers a "Low Class Ring", I will proudly wear it.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by tikkanut

Hawked it for a case of Boone's Farm

Boones Farm was the worst hangover I ever had. I was chittin' and barfing in a trash can at the same time.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I'm pretty sure a crazy ex gf stole it. I had some left over stuff in a drawer from HS. One was a picture of my wife and I on grad night at Disneyland and she tore it in half. She was gorgeous and a body like you wouldn't believe but was batshit crazy.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I never got one. My folks said I could get a ring, or have that ammount of money to do with as I pleased. I bought traps.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Never got one. Thought it was a waste of $$$. Took that $$$ and used it to cover expenses for almost 6 months of camping in the CO rockies after I graduated and then it was off to USN boot camp. Never missed the ring.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
E
ejo Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
No ring or jacket. Always thought you’d have to be light in the loafers to rock them.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by plainsman456
I still have that over priced piece of gold.

Had mine melted down to hold an elk ivory. That particular elk was more important than anything that happened in high school...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (1minute, 1OntarioJim, 1234, 1Longbow, 222Sako, 10gaugeman, 59 invisible), 2,205 guests, and 1,353 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,927
Posts18,479,845
Members73,953
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.