Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I didn’t even consider getting one, but my mother insisted on buying one. It’s in my wife’s jewelry safe in a pile of scrap gold. It’s next to the wedding ring my wife insisted on buying for me. They’ve finally learned that I don’t wear jewelry.

GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I never had a class ring and didn’t want one. Mom and dad wanted me to get one and they would’ve bought it for me but I told them that they’d be wasting their money since I wouldn’t wear it. In my opinion the class rings from our school were by Josten’s jewelers iirc and they were generally big, gaudy and mostly fake...plus, as a man, I wasn’t into jewelry. I proudly wear my wedding band and will until the day I die but that’s the only jewelry I wear. No piercings or pinky rings for me thanks.

I have been thinking about wearing my grandpa’s WWII dog tag. He and I were real close. He was my best friend and I miss him deeply so I thought I’d take his dog tag out and maybe wear it somehow.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I never had a high school class ring either because I had gotten a class ring when I got out of eighth grade at a catholic grammar school and then realized that I wasn't into jewelry. Still have that eighth grade class ring around someplace but I can't even recall ever wearing it.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Too expensive.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

High school ring......I wore mine out........had to get it cut off.......

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I sold mine!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
My wife found mine in my Moms jewelry box while sorting out her
things after she passed, still had the receipt in box $46.95. Jostens
Class of 1961, what a waste I never wore it. Still do not wear any
jewelry.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
I still have both. My girl friend wore my high school ring for a year or so. I wore my college ring for about 10 yers but don't any more. I even forgot to wear it to my college reunions.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
No service rings? I'd think some Marines would have had one?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
my old man graduated HS in 1936. he said his dad gave him a choice of either a class ring or a shotgun. we still have the shotgun.

My diploma is a DD214
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Mine was damaged when I used it to rip off my left ring finger. Haven't worn it since.

Still have my first wedding band. It's not a band anymore as my uncle cut it off with a pair of side cutters. It was pulled into a teardrop shape when it tried to pull my finger off. Happened getting out of a tree stand in the dark, turned loose at the last step and even with a glove on the ring hung up on a screw in step. Lucky my feet hit the ground about the same time. Pulled the ring up to the joint tearing the skin and meat at the same time. I won't going to the ER on a Sat night but my first wife wasn't having any of that so I got it sewed up, 10 stiches, you could see the tendons. Took forever to heal up, the ER dude screwed up the seamstress work bad. My regular doc just jerked the stitches out and said keep it clean.

Never wore the HS ring, one of my buddies got his between a wrench and a hot wire working on a tractor starter without pulling the ground. Got a wicked burn.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wabigoon
No service rings? I'd think some Marines would have had one?

The vast majority of military people work around some sort of machinery, very strong chance of tearing off a finger if you make the wrong move. Most military units have strict rules about wearing rings etc around the machinery, on the flight line, or around electrical stuff. The military rings I remember in the PX were kinda cheap anyway.

I never got a class ring, they were $15.00 and I didn't want to spend perfectly good beer money on a trinket. grin

I do, however, have my Mother's ring, same high school as myself, class of 1925, perfect condition in the original box.

Last edited by jnyork; 09/22/20.

[Linked Image]
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

406 members (007FJ, 10Glocks, 160user, 1lesfox, 222ND, 10ring1, 34 invisible), 2,086 guests, and 1,150 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,391
Posts18,469,875
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.