Home
I've had access to tow trucks most of my life and they always seem like a relatively easy way to bring in money.

Anybody here actually had a primary or side business that strictly did towing? I'm sure having a lot and county or city impound type contracts would be a whole other can of worms, but I'm wondering about strictly towing and dropping.

Thanks in advance.
I did on-call nights and weekends for a while. I made good money. The owner cleaned up...

The owner hooked some for a repo guy. Sometimes made nearly a weeks pay as a bonus on those...
If I had one a few years ago, I would’ve picked up interstate abandones and took them to the crusher for $260 a ton.

lol
Wasn’t there a guy here a few years ago who converted his Avalanche into a tow truck for bears?
I'm thinkin' you can't hookup most these new cars with the old traditional style wreckers, gotta have a flatbed roll on.

I gotta car trailer with a winch mounted on it that does just fine.
I get plenty of "hey Jeff, you still got that car trailer" phone calls from friends in need.
Originally Posted by efw
Wasn’t there a guy here a few years ago who converted his Avalanche into a tow truck for bears?

Yep, and I was busting his balls on Mewe this morning again too. I been doggin' that mf'er like a rented mule over there.
Licenses, insurance, etc. make it difficult to have as a viable part time gig. Folks who do it full time do pretty well around here.
I think he (claiborne) actually had a person with a wrecker with “5 miles of cable” pull that bear out

The uberlanche was for sale, as I recall, all cherry’d up and perfect. Only 230,000 miles and a burnt trqnsmission ya know just cosmetic stuff.
Originally Posted by JeffA
I'm thinkin' you can't hookup most these new cars with the old traditional style wreckers, gotta have a flatbed roll on.

I gotta car trailer with a wench mounted on it that does just fine.
I get plenty of "hey Jeff, you still got that car trailer" phone calls from friends in need.

That wench got blue eyes and blonde hair?
Originally Posted by efw

Fugg ya. Three miles of cable on that batch too.
A buddy of mine had a tow truck, he would use it to repo cars on the reservation, he contracted with the local car lots that would carry the note.... got a job, buy a car deal.
It was kinda risky business but at least he wasn't on call
Better have you wits about you if you are doing repos. I guy I worked with a guy years ago had a son who did repo. The son was shot and killed by a guy who was living in the back of a van he tried to repo.
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Licenses, insurance, etc. make it difficult to have as a viable part time gig. Folks who do it full time do pretty well around here.

Are you referring to full on tow companies with a shop and an impound lot?

I know it would vary by location but I'd be curious to hear ball park figures on just licensing and insurance a tow rig.
Originally Posted by atomchaser
Better have you wits about you if you are doing repos. I guy I worked with a guy years ago had a son who did repo. The son was shot and killed by a guy who was living in the back of a van he tried to repo.

I would take judo lessons first so no worries.
My Dad had an auto salvage from the late ‘60s till he died in 010. His first wrecker was a Studebaker pickup with a homemade boom! Ran the winch with a starter and flywheel!
In the mid ‘70s he bought an F350 with a Holmes double boom. You could separate them and swing out over the side for winching and picking up wrecks. We did the 24 hr towing/recovery and later bought an F600 with a flatbed rollback bed.
The big money wasn’t in towing, but storage of wrecks afterwards. Maybe $50 for hauling it in, but $30 a day until the insurance would decide on what was gonna be done with it. Usually a week for the adjuster to come look at it, maybe another week or two until a repair shop or insurance salvage came and picked it up.
Back when cars had bumpers it wasn’t a big deal, but nowadays you’ve gotta get under the wheels or have a flatbed. Plastic and glass ain’t got no place you can hook to.
The Old Man was hell for loading the rollback up with aluminum, iron or copper to haul in for scrap. We’d load her up in the afternoon to haul in in the morning. I was working 3rd shift and I’d always help him get stuff gathered up and loaded. I don’t know how many damn times he’d get a call and shove everything off on the ground to go pick one up. Next day, I was back loading the damn scrap! mad I tried to tell him I’d pay the towing price just to avoid the extra work, but he’d just laugh.
I sure don’t miss getting outta bed at 2 or 3 in the morning to go out in the damn blizzard because some drunk missed the turn. That’s for the younger people! laugh
7mm
Originally Posted by efw

I believe there was........
laugh
Originally Posted by johnw
I did on-call nights and weekends for a while. I made good money. The owner cleaned up...

The owner hooked some for a repo guy. Sometimes made nearly a weeks pay as a bonus on those...

Were the majority of your calls "oh fugk" or "illegal parking" type calls?
Not tow, just the oen
I knew a guy who did it full time. He taught his sons how to siphon gas out of the cars and search cars for money. Real upstanding guy
A white back, we had a thread about the Johnstown flood of 1977.
A couple days later, Dad had the wrecker at my grandma’s house in Hornerstown. Some fellow, I guess a subcontractor for the insurance outfits hired Dad to haul disabled cars out of Johnstown up to Richland, where they later actioned them off. This guy had several guys with wrecker service, hooking them up and towing them up to Richland. We spent 2 weeks at it. $50 bucks a clip, 6 or more trips a day until the mess was cleaned up and things put back together.
I forget how much the Old Man had coming, but it was a chunk of change.
He and the other wreckers never saw a nickel. The guy skipped town! Time and fuel wasted!
7mm
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by atomchaser

I would take judo lessons first so no worries.

I'd keep a length of air hose under the seat - wield it just like that preacher man talked about here, back a few.
Impoundment yards is where the big money's at.

Buncha crooks.
The real money is big hooks.
$10k is a start if a truck flops.

Problem is, a nice rotator can set you back well over
$750,000. You need a flopped truck monthly just to
cover the payment. I used to work for the company that
controlled the towing on the Turnpike for a 100 mile stretch.

They made bank on the mountain at the Allegheny tunnel, and
A few specific turns East of Breezewood. Also, just towing in and
fixing broke cars.

But, the road is much better, and the vehicles are also.
The work has fallen considerably.
My Uncle had a tow service and yard for a long time. He did pretty well but was the only driver so was on call 24/7. He did almost entirely wrecks since we don’t really have any parking laws around here. I think he got $35-$50 bucks for a tow but that was some time ago.

When he died his son tried to keep it going but more or less as a 9-5 gig. He didn’t last long before he folded up. Seems like you have to be available to take what you can get when you can get it, might be different in a metro area.
Retirement plans, Trav?
Originally Posted by ironbender
Retirement plans, Trav?

Partial.

Maybe.

Kicking around a number of things.
If you want to get rich towing, move to Cody Wyoming. I was broke down with a bad TCM on the top of Dunraven pass in Yellowstone and called the park service station at Canyon. $800 tow to the park border and the guy from Cody would pick me up and take me to town for another $1,000. I reset the TCM by undoing the battery cables and it made it back to Cody under its own power.
Originally Posted by K1500
If you want to get rich towing, move to Cody Wyoming. I was broke down with a bad TCM on the top of Dunraven pass in Yellowstone and called the park service station at Canyon. $800 tow to the park border and the guy from Cody would pick me up and take me to town for another $1,000. I reset the TCM by undoing the battery cables and it made it back to Cody under its own power.

How far would their journey have been round trip?
About 200 miles round trip. The park concessionaire is the only one allowed to tow inside the park, and they are not allowed to tow outside the park. So, they would have taken me to the east gate and a Cody tow would have gotten me from there. I expected the park part to be high, but the $1,000 from the east gate to Cody seemed awful stiff. The trip from Cody to the east gate is 52 miles one way.
Originally Posted by K1500
About 200 miles round trip. The park concessionaire is the only one allowed to tow inside the park, and they are not allowed to tow outside the park. So, they would have taken me to the east gate and a Cody tow would have gotten me from there. I expected the park part to be high, but the $1,000 from the east gate to Cody seemed awful stiff. The trip from Cody to the east gate is 52 miles one way.

#ouch.

LOL
Boneless iguana meat is going for 60 bucks a pound.
Dave, good to see you trying to better your financial condition. There's some good basic information on here that should help you get yourself headed in the right direction. The good news is you can subscribe and watch more videos (not limited to tow trucks). Best of luck.

Fireballz,

Do you remember when your wife said she outworks you?

And that you’re a lazy piece of schit?

LOL
Fireballz,

Do you remember when your wife said she outworks you?

And that you’re a lazy piece of schit?

LOL

I rode the short bus for 14 1/2 years. It didn't pan out.

I wanted to be a tow truck operator but I decided to dig holes instead. No brainpower required.
Originally Posted by Fireball2

I rode the short bus for 14 1/2 years. It didn't pan out.

I wanted to be a tow truck operator but I decided to dig holes instead. No brainpower required.

I doubt you could ever be good at anything.

You're a kghunt.
Originally Posted by mirage243
Originally Posted by efw

Yep, and I was busting his balls on Mewe this morning again too. I been doggin' that mf'er like a rented mule over there.

Doing gods work is sometimes enjoyable.

🦫
Originally Posted by mirage243
Originally Posted by efw

Lol, Atta Boy!!
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
The real money is big hooks.
$10k is a start if a truck flops.

Problem is, a nice rotator can set you back well over
$750,000. You need a flopped truck monthly just to
cover the payment. I used to work for the company that
controlled the towing on the Turnpike for a 100 mile stretch.

They made bank on the mountain at the Allegheny tunnel, and
A few specific turns East of Breezewood. Also, just towing in and
fixing broke cars.

But, the road is much better, and the vehicles are also.
The work has fallen considerably.

I’d set up in Texas, near Houston. They all speed and drive like shît down there. 100 car pile up noted.

😳🦫
Originally Posted by Beaver10

I’d set up in Texas, near Houston. They all speed and drive like shît down there. 100 car pile up noted.

😳🦫

I'd not be casting stones about location if I were you.

You Oregon folk are dumber than dog schit.

On your best day.
Dave, good to see you trying to better your financial condition. There's some good basic information on here that should help you get yourself headed in the right direction. The good news is you can subscribe and watch more videos (not limited to tow trucks). Best of luck.

Considering all your fugk ups , Roy, that was a "good one"

😳🦫

On your best day.

We don’t drive like dog shît.

How much money do you have for a small towing business?

🦫

Roy at Fugktard Anonymous classes:

"My name is Roy and I am a big fugk up."

"Hi Roy"
I think TLee used to own a tow truck. I recall him mentioning it here. Seems he had a lot of local LEO connections.

Hell of a racket.
oh yeah. this is about tow trucks. lol

I always figured tow trucking was high risk and high reward if you're repoing cars. I don't think I could do that . You're bound to meet alot of folks face to face and I am just not a fan. You hire somebody like Roger ,stxhunter to drive the thing.

L
O
L

We were one of 2 towing companies contracted to the local police dept and got a lot of business there, both Illegal or snow route parking and referrals for accidents. Also a lot of lock-outs, and dead battery calls.
Better check with Paulie and Salvio first....

”Pay up or else we’ll chop off your head and bury your body in your backyard.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.courant.com/news/connecticut/hc-mob-arrests-0805-20160804-story.html%3foutputType=amp

All that digging would really PO the Lawn Police.
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Better check with Paulie and Salvio first....

”Pay up or else we’ll chop off your head and bury your body in your backyard.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.courant.com/news/connecticut/hc-mob-arrests-0805-20160804-story.html%3foutputType=amp

All that digging would really PO the Lawn Police.

Birdfugker,

Your contribution to this thread is on par with your contributions to everything else in life.

LOL

We were one of 2 towing companies contracted to the local police dept and got a lot of business there, both Illegal or snow route parking and referrals for accidents. Also a lot of lock-outs, and dead battery calls.

Thank you.

😳🦫

On your best day.

🦫

That question sounds like it came from somebody raised in Oregon.

LOL

Why don’t you ask what I paid for my home while you’re at it?
Ruckus Towing Inc.
My son in law has 3, gets 160.00 for a close tow, so much a mile past ten miles.

😳🦫

On your best day.

🦫

LOL

Okay....What did you pay for your home?

❤️🦫🖕🏾😬
#rent
Originally Posted by hanco
My son in law has 3, gets 160.00 for a close tow, so much a mile past ten miles.

Every tow has cost me minimum $200 for a 4x4 to a shop.

Then lift home...more money, as expected.

🦫
Originally Posted by SamOlson
#rent

Laffin....🦫
I just came up with a GREAT idea.

Flave, get yourself a semi-truck and an old bull rack. You could haul cows!

Does he have a storage lot and shop?
#rent

Fugkin’-A.
I just came up with a GREAT idea.

Flave, get yourself a semi-truck and an old bull rack. You could haul cows!

Fugk.

That.
I'm personally really liking the idea(for you).

He has a storage lot, no shop, does tows for a couple small towns here, moves vehicles for several dealerships, runs wrecks, hauls junkers to scrap yards.
#Kush
School Counselor said you scored high marks in wiring an ignition....But, can you drive?

🦫

He has a storage lot, no shop, does tows for a couple small towns here, moves vehicles for several dealerships, runs wrecks, hauls junkers to scrap yards.

Thanks.
Originally Posted by BobBrown

"Hi Roy"

'flave, ya kinda forgot to use the Bob Brown verbage on this post,,,

No Caps for starters. The Colon is way over the top......

#flaveslippingup

I always figured tow trucking was high risk and high reward if you're repoing cars. I don't think I could do that . You're bound to meet alot of folks face to face and I am just not a fan. You hire somebody like Roger ,stxhunter to drive the thing.

L
O
L

More Bob Brown than 'flave,

But still.............
Originally Posted by Kenneth

"Hi Roy"

#flaveslippingup

I'm telling ya, he's gonna measure success in life by being the first guy to have a 100K post under two names.😁
You know who gets run over more often than firemen?

Tow truck drivers.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Tow truck drivers.

Who are the real heroes?
Son in law licking his chops, waiting for all the wrecks next week

If he’s in Texas he Gotta stay pretty busy.

LOL

"Hi Roy"

#flaveslippingup

Sock puppetry is beneath me.

And so is your mom.

LOL

😳🦫

On your best day.

🦫

LOL

Hahaha. Tff. Tuushey. grin

Tow truck drivers.

Who are the real heroes?

Hospital accountants.

"Hi Roy"

#flaveslippingup

Sock puppetry is beneath me.

And so is your mom.

LOL

Hahaha!

Fugghead!

If he’s in Texas he Gotta stay pretty busy.

LOL

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

🦫
(RESERVED FOR ROY)
kENNETH Mama a hoe
Originally Posted by irfubar
A buddy of mine had a tow truck, he would use it to repo cars on the reservation, he contracted with the local car lots that would carry the note.... got a job, buy a car deal.

You couldn't pay me enough to repo cars on the Rez
Originally Posted by ribka

You couldn't pay me enough to repo cars on the Rez

Its a waste of time mostly anyway.
(RESERVED FOR ROY)

What did I just say,

Caps, and now parentheses, in the same post?

Not very Bob like.
(RESERVED FOR ROY)

LOL
(RESERVED FOR ROY)

What did I just say,

Caps, and now parentheses, in the same post?

Not very Bob like.

I love the “sock puppet” defense that always gets touted on here.

Very few of you can accept that you just might be a dumb ass.

LOL
Handing out Ima dumbass certificates

PM Roy

LOL

Truth,

but now you're just digressing.

LOL

Truth,

but now you're just digressing.

Stick to plumbing.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Roy,

Your wit is on par with your ambition.

LOL

Stick to plumbing.

What do you stick to, other than Bob's ass.

(LOL)

Stick to plumbing.

(LOL)

Your mom.

LOL
Oh fugk Im dying here
Kenneth,

Your Mom has seen a thing or two. LOL
*Starfish

Stick to plumbing.

(LOL)

Your mom.

LOL

been fun, gotta go....

I'll say hi to Mom for ya.

been fun, gotta go....

I'll say hi to Mom for ya.

Don’t bother.

LOL

They are five years old
Couple guys around here do nothing but move heavy equipment and ag equipment. $125/hr you can buy a decent truck and trailer for $60-$60k. CDL’s though.
If I were living in your AO, I’d seriously consider a boat moving/delivery business.
Roy is a MARINER
Where is Old Toot's ol' senile azz at ?

ElkSinuses,

Where you at ,sniffing Beaver's pussy?lol

They are five years old

And more successful than Da’ Ballz.

LOL
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Couple guys around here do nothing but move heavy equipment and ag equipment. $125/hr you can buy a decent truck and trailer for $60-$60k. CDL’s though.
If I were living in your AO, I’d seriously consider a boat moving/delivery business.

Thanks.
any boat in FL should require cew cab dually with flatbed to move it ,,turbo diesel
Good question OP. Thought about it myself. With the fugktard tourists I think a guy could do pretty decent here if the overhead (insurance, etc) wasn’t too bad. Slid off the road, over heated, dead battery, etc. if a guy had an acre or 2, put up a decent chain link and go to the pit bull rescue every couple weeks and let em run loose in the lot like Lord of the Flies.

Operating a rollback is easy as hell boot.

Truckin Music

Thanks.

Friend of mine, now deceased, owned a seatow franchise in South Florida. Made a pile of money towing boats in and even more running dope in the early 90’s. Depends on the amount of risk your willing to expose yourself too I guess.
YMMV....

He was one hell of a fisherman. Built a sailboat and sailed to Europe when he was 30. Loved listening to his stories, and fishing the 80’s Mako 21 he refurbished/repowered. Still have a couple top water plugs he made for stripers on the Chesapeake.
I’ve no interest in moving boats in south Florida.

But thanks.
The only guy busier than the fella that runs Vessel Assist out here is the guy that works on his boats.
Local guy here moves RVs fifth wheels and such at trailer parks. Couple of 3/4 and 1 ton trucks.

He also will haul away abandoned or other trailers from deceased tenants or whatever for a fee.

He has a crew that wrecks them out... then he sells the steel frame, axles and gooseneck as a 15k gooseneck flatbed trailer ready for your lumber.

I don't think he's making a fortune at it... but somebody is buying the trailers from him.

Not my cup of tea, but it is good to see a man hustle a dime when he can.
You sent me down a wiki hole.

This guy is obviously a salesman, but there is some good info, especially in the comments after the articles.

https://thetowacademy.com/the-monthly-costs-associated-with-running-a-towing-business/
Originally Posted by MadMooner

This guy is obviously a salesman, but there is some good info, especially in the comments after the articles.

https://thetowacademy.com/the-monthly-costs-associated-with-running-a-towing-business/

MadMooner,

I have read a bit about the subject but was hoping some of you dick heads had some hands on experience.

I thank you though.
I don't have much to contribute but I knew a tow truck driver in Alaska, older guy one man business. His major source of income was re-po. He seemed to do pretty well financially, was able to have a big place down in Colorado. Not exactly the safest job. He carried a Taser, for self protection. Had to use it once in a while. Apparently depending on how big the job was, was how his pay was established for picking up the re-po. For what it's worth, the vehicle would go back to the dealer so no necessity for a yard to take vehicles too. Just a matter of developing relationships with dealerships and finance companies. Good luck.
Thanks Caribou.

Truckin Music

Oh Lort

One of them dudes TJ came out last week and says he’s a poofter.

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/country-artist-tj-osborne-of-brothers-osborne-comes-out-as-gay

LOL
I have a friend in the Midwest who owned a towing company. He also owned a bunch of body shops.

Back in New England, I know another a guy with a body shop. His business largely relied on his relationships with several towing companies. Whenever there was a storm, they swamp him with wrecks. In essence, the tow truck guys pump his shop. Once the cars are there, the body shop starts collecting storage fees and the customer rarely had their vehicle towed to a different shop. I'm sure there were some sort of kick backs to the tow truck guys.

L
O
L

Couldn't do it for the same reason I could never be a good salesman.

Tow truck drivers.

When my ex wife ran trauma at a major hospital they had a number of them. One young guy was loading his tow truck (a rollback style) and the vehicle cut loose and rund over him. Kilt.

MadMooner,

I have read a bit about the subject but was hoping some of you dick heads had some hands on experience.

I thank you though.

Check your email I sent you my resume. I’m ready to drive Deflave towing and repo truck #2..
I've had access to tow trucks most of my life and they always seem like a relatively easy way to bring in money. Anybody here actually had a primary or side business that strictly did towing? I'm sure having a lot and county or city impound type contracts would be a whole other can of worms, but I'm wondering about strictly towing and dropping. Thanks in advance.
Here is mine - love it. 1970 Chev C30.
I remember watching a dateline or 60 minutes type show, I think it was Diane Sawyer about a repo man in Texas. This might have been 20 years ago.

Hooked up to take a guys truck, the guy stepped out on his front porch, took his deer rifle and shot the repo man. The guy stumbled back into his truck, drove about 2 blocks and died.

The police came out when someone noticed, then eventually traced it back to the guy getting his truck repo'd, talked to the owner, he admitted he shot him, they thanked him for his time and left.

So the repo man's family is outraged the police aren't doing anything about it, called the media and this news show - whoever they were, thought they had some big scoop

They show up and interview the local DA who refused to prosecute the shooter. He explained the laws in Texas to her about using lethal means to protect your property.

Finally she asks "what do you say to the family of the repo driver?"

and the DA says "I'd tell them he should have had a different job"

and that's when I decided I'd never be a repo man in Texas.( not that it was a career option anyways)

I don't know if this is the story I'm referencing or not but this happened in '94

HOUSTON —

A grand jury on Friday declined to indict a man who said he fatally shot a repossession agent because he thought the man was stealing his truck.

“Praise the Lord,” Jerry Casey said as he left the Harris County grand jury building. He declined further comment.

Casey, 35, who was three days late on a payment for his pickup truck, was accused of murder in the Feb. 25 shooting of Tommy Dean Morris, 54. Casey said he thought Morris was a car thief when Morris arrived at night and started to tow his truck away.

Under Texas law, homeowners are permitted to shoot at nighttime intruders if they feel their safety or property is threatened.
Originally Posted by CCCC
I've had access to tow trucks most of my life and they always seem like a relatively easy way to bring in money. Anybody here actually had a primary or side business that strictly did towing? I'm sure having a lot and county or city impound type contracts would be a whole other can of worms, but I'm wondering about strictly towing and dropping. Thanks in advance.

That thing is beautiful.

Do you use it for towing?
That's classic,to nice to tow with.

That thing is beautiful.

Do you use it for towing?

No ,he just sits on the tailgate and shotguns beer. lol
Originally Posted by stxhunter

L
O
L

Couldn't do it for the same reason I could never be a good salesman.

Yeah, I don't think I could repo a family's only means of transportation to work etc. because the bank is unhappy with their payment plan.
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

Yeah, I don't think I could repo a family's only means of transportation to work etc. because the bank is unhappy with their payment plan.

Touching.
If Roger is out then Gunner 500 will have to do

Touching.

No we're not.
If 'flave actually does start this repo towing business,

The name should be easy,,,,,"Bobs"
Tow truck drivers are about the same type of people as ammo hoarder-flippers.
Blood sucking parasites in other words.....

I was going to call it "Kenneth's Mom Tow Service"

"You pay, we'll pull."

LOL

I was going to call it "Kenneth's Mom Tow Service"

"You pay, we'll pull."

LOL

1-888-SHE-A-HOE

I'll happily take a profit on any ammo I have purchased.

It’s a suck, or be sucked world, Jim.

1-888-SHE-A-HOE

Don't be so crass.

It takes the fun out of mom jokes.

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]
Ok, Trav.
Awkward, ain’t it. Lol.

You are right, that no good deadbeat family living in a single wide mobile home with a new $85,000 King Ranch truck parked out front not making payments deserves to keep that truck forever and ever and ever and ever free.
Originally Posted by CashisKing

You are right, that no good deadbeat family living in a single wide mobile home with a new $85,000 King Ranch truck parked out front not making payments deserves to keep that truck forever and ever and ever and ever free.

To hell with the Obama phone... I wants me a King Ranch.
Ok, Trav.

Thank you.
Awkward, ain’t it. Lol.

Had to read it twice. LOL

Hahahaha!

You sunsabitches better not try either on me!

The economic gain rarely outweighs the harm.

Also....its usually not a King Ranch.....but a 98 Dodge Caravan or Neon.

If the cogksuckers at the bank wanna loan Cleetus the bread to buy that pickup when his his assets do not cover the price by three times....I have no sympathy for them.

72 months to finance......

Fugc the banks and the auto manufacturers.
Its the same schitting thing as when the Fanny Mae Freddy Mac bullshit was going on.

Bail out the banks!

Lets loan Tyrone the cash to buy a million dollar home when he cant afford it!

Someone will bail us out......

Fugg em
50 year mortgages and 8 year car loans are becoming the norm.

It no longer matters what an object costs, just how much you can afford per month.
Its the same schitting thing as when the Fanny Mae Freddy Mac bullshit was going on.

Bail out the banks!

Lets loan Tyrone the cash to buy a million dollar home when he cant afford it!

Someone will bail us out......

Fugg em

Yup.

No onus on the lender on here lol.
I’m not for bailing out business, especially banks, but if retain possession of an item you didn’t pay for, it’s theft.

Just because it’s the only way to get to the grocery store and take your kids to the state run daycare don’t mean it’s ok to steal it.

I wouldn’t have a problem with it.

A job I couldn’t do is enforce traffic laws. $150 for a seatbelt violation. Pretty sure that makes you an agent of the thief.
We should be thankful for all the interest that dumb people pay.

Keeps the jew bastards away from us.....for now.

If that costs the banks and Ford a King ranch once in a while......oh well.

The bank bail out, auto bail out and Cash For Clunkers was very expensive.

We don't owe them schit.

Its probably cheaper to let Cleetus keep his pickup.
I know there is a lot of money to be had in repossession and contracting with a local city or county.

But I'm trying to ascertain if anybody has experience with specializing in simply getting inoperable vehicles from point A, to point B. And charging based on time and distance. I would think if you're underbidding the competition and didn't have the overhead that an impound lot and contracting would necessitate, you could still rake in a lot of cash.

But so far none of you losers seem to own a tow truck business. LOL
I’m not for bailing out business, especially banks, but if retain possession of an item you didn’t pay for, it’s theft.

Just because it’s the only way to get to the grocery store and take your kids to the state run daycare don’t mean it’s ok to steal it.

I wouldn’t have a problem with it.

A job I couldn’t do is enforce traffic laws. $150 for a seatbelt violation. Pretty sure that makes you an agent of the thief.

If you didn't do your due diligence...........maybe you will learn next time.

My broke assed friends get credit card offers in the mail almost constantly.

I never get one. I have to ask nicely for credit.

My friends pay 20 percent interest.

I wont.

Fugg those people. It ought to cost credit card companies 50 bucks every time they mail out an "offer" to Bubba.
I know there is a lot of money to be had in repossession and contracting with a local city or county.

But I'm trying to ascertain if anybody has experience with specializing in simply getting inoperable vehicles from point A, to point B. And charging based on time and distance. I would think if you're underbidding the competition and didn't have the overhead that an impound lot and contracting would necessitate, you could still rake in a lot of cash.

You dont have the people skills.

"Say! Whats the problem....Birdfugcker!"
Rod Farva tow and Haul.

The economic gain rarely outweighs the harm.

Also....its usually not a King Ranch.....but a 98 Dodge Caravan or Neon.

You are right about that. I used to go to the auto auctions all the time and these $1,000 cars were ticket item... for the Muhammad and Ali Buy Here Pay Here used car lots.

The buyer would pay $1,000 down and $25 a week 400 weeks and they missed a payment here comes the hooker.

That business model is everywhere.

Regardless, if you don't pay for something you don't get to keep it... and that has no bearing on how stupid you were to take out the loom or how smart you are to take out a loan on a King Ranch.
Travis, I do not own a tow truck.

You are a damn smart guy and understanding economics.

I know lots of people that tow lots of things including repossessed ATVs and motorcycles to auction, cars to auction Etc. Also know loggers and logging trucks and heavy equipment haulers.

While I do believe you could make $200 an hour with a tow truck I believe the labor burden of operating such a vehicle would be shockingly high to you. Between insurance cost of the equipment and every. Gov sticking their hand out I suspect you would have $100 an hour labor burden.

I know that was a no help whatsoever,
Rod Farva tow and Haul.

Liter of cola?
Credit cards are weird. They seem to want folks to have them that shouldn’t.

Hell, I bought a house before I ever had a real credit card.
They would give me one when I did ask! Had to give them a few thousand bucks to hold just to get a card with a few thousand dollar limit!

Anyway, Flave has me wanting a tow truck now. Paint that thing up like a bass boat and get a CB radio.....

Breaker Breaker......
Sure its theft.

How many times to you bail out your drug addicted nephew?

At some point it becomes "enabling".

Predatory lenders should starve.

Thank goodness for ethical business like farmers who just give cows away to people and let them pay when and whatever they can afford
#charitystartsathome
Credit cards are weird. They seem to want folks to have them that shouldn’t.

Hell, I bought a house before I ever had a real credit card.
They would give me one when I did ask! Had to give them a few thousand bucks to hold just to get a card with a few thousand dollar limit!

Anyway, Flave has me wanting a tow truck now. Paint that thing up like a bass boat and get a CB radio.....

Breaker Breaker......

Over east of me was the coolest 80 one ton 4x4 Chevy with a tow bed.

Not for sale. Probably got crushed.

I know lots of people that tow lots of things including repossessed ATVs and motorcycles to auction, cars to auction Etc. Also know loggers and logging trucks and heavy equipment haulers.

While I do believe you could make $200 an hour with a tow truck I believe the labor burden of operating such a vehicle would be shockingly high to you. Between insurance cost of the equipment and every. Gov sticking their hand out I suspect you would have $100 an hour labor burden.

Thank you regardless.
Sure its theft.

I’d kill puppies for cash.

So these problems wouldn’t really be problems.

For me.
Fugk licensing and insurance. Just buy a truck and do it. I bet you make enough before you get caught to pay the fines. Just pass on sketchy tows that might end up shining a light on you.

Thank goodness for ethical business like farmers who just give cows away to people and let them pay when and whatever they can afford
#charitystartsathome

I don't sell livestock to someone who I know cant or wont pay.

Thats because there is NO recourse for me.

Thankfully there are legion tow truck drivers willing to be crushed or perforated to make sure the Joos get paid.

Well....the Joos ain't in cattle ranching yet......

I don’t own a business obviously. But we had our car towed 7 miles. If we didn’t have AAA it would have been $70. I think we paid $11. A guy could rake in cash if he’s getting $70 to tow a rig 7 miles.
Sure its theft.

Of course predatory lending should starve.

And of course it should be against the law.

BUT, when the government takes out a 900 billion dollar loan against the future Workforce of your children and grandchildren to give 327 million people a $600 stimulus check the payback percentage on that loan is 334%

Do the math yourself 90 billion dollars divided by 327 million people... half of which do not pay taxes... and 10% at will not receive the stimulus money because they are too wealthy.

I'm on my phone and the math is a little hard to run in my head, but it is not hard math with a calculator in front of you.

Predatory lending is the American way. It will never ever ever ever go away.
This loser doesn't own a towing business, but I think there is something that others have not mentioned. If people don't have the cash or credit card limit to pay you on the spot, you are going to want to hang onto some collateral, which is the vehicle. For wrecks, most people are going to rely on their insurance company to pay it, which is not going to be a COD thing. So, in most instances you are going to need a secure facility or, as kingston mentioned, a deal with local body shops who will backstop your payments. I don't know how it works with insurance tows (you probably need to have separate contracts with them), but, if you have a lot or access to a lot, you may get two tows out of the deal rather than one. (Edit to add: You also need to be familiar with your applicable towing lien law.)

I don't see a viable business plan if you are COD only. A contract with a governmental body is another thing. If they pay you directly, great. If you are just on an approved tow list, there will be rules to follow with charge limits, and you may not be able be COD only. Also, I guess you know already that they have rules on the maximum time for arrival once they call you, and cops with traffic backed up for miles or sweating or freezing their butts off will get you removed from the tow list if you start getting tardy.

Repos can be really risky business. I wouldn't fool with that. The UCC prohibits self-help repossession if there is a breach of the peace, but the people with the lien on the vehicle just want their car back and may not want to stick with a company that doesn't deliver. A lot of altercations start as the car is being hooked and the owner sees it.

FYI, as an idea, back when I was in New Orleans, the private tow trucks prowled the weeds and found all the stolen cars so they could be on scene and get the tow when the police officially "recovered" the car and notified the owner.

I hope I haven't bored you.

Send the check CashisKing.

We should all turn into Cleetus and ruin the fuggers.
Mike Hancho Towing

You Bake em, we Shake em.
Fugk licensing and insurance. Just buy a truck and do it. I bet you make enough before you get caught to pay the fines. Just pass on sketchy tows that might end up shining a light on you.

Hell yeah... hook up with a few chop shops to and a quick-release hook. Drive by The Chop Shop on a slow Lope and drop your load. Brown bag of cash waiting for you behind the Redbox video machine at the 7-Eleven.
Sure its theft.

Don’t hate the playa’ hate the game....
The United States is still the easiest economy in the world to thrive in.
If you’re poor in this country it’s by choice.
Originally Posted by tzone

I don’t own a business obviously. But we had our car towed 7 miles. If we didn’t have AAA it would have been $70. I think we paid $11. A guy could rake in cash if he’s getting $70 to tow a rig 7 miles.

$70 for 7 miles is insanely cheap.
I bet I couldn’t get pulled out of my drive way for less than $150. Probably closer to $200.
Sure its theft.

For me.

What kind of puppies? Poodles?

Labrador Retrievers?

Do you make rugs with the hides?
Sure its theft.

Don’t hate the playa’ hate the game....
The United States is still the easiest economy in the world to thrive in.
If you’re poor in this country it’s by choice.

You are the tall poppy that is gonna get clipped.

The poor people are gonna remain "kept".

Successful people are fugged.

Thank you regardless.

You could also go in with Roy and start a towing business

Call it T1-11 Towing.

As partners y'all would make Bank, probably could afford a hunting license other than iguanas.

Good luck to ya...

Hell yeah... hook up with a few chop shops to and a quick-release hook. Drive by The Chop Shop on a slow Lope and drop your load. Brown bag of cash waiting for you behind the Redbox video machine at the 7-Eleven.

Holla!
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
This loser doesn't own a towing business, but I think there is something that others have not mentioned. If people don't have the cash or credit card limit to pay you on the spot, you are going to want to hang onto some collateral, which is the vehicle. For wrecks, most people are going to rely on their insurance company to pay it, which is not going to be a COD thing. So, in most instances you are going to need a secure facility or, as kingston mentioned, a deal with local body shops who will backstop your payments. I don't know how it works with insurance tows (you probably need to have separate contracts with them), but, if you have a lot or access to a lot, you may get two tows out of the deal rather than one. (Edit to add: You also need to be familiar with your applicable towing lien law.)

I don't see a viable business plan if you are COD only. A contract with a governmental body is another thing. If they pay you directly, great. If you are just on an approved tow list, there will be rules to follow with charge limits, and you may not be able be COD only. Also, I guess you know already that they have rules on the maximum time for arrival once they call you, and cops with traffic backed up for miles or sweating or freezing their butts off will get you removed from the tow list if you start getting tardy.

Repos can be really risky business. I wouldn't fool with that. The UCC prohibits self-help repossession if there is a breach of the peace, but the people with the lien on the vehicle just want their car back and may not want to stick with a company that doesn't deliver. A lot of altercations start as the car is being hooked and the owner sees it.

FYI, as an idea, back when I was in New Orleans, the private tow trucks prowled the weeds and found all the stolen cars so they could be on scene and get the tow when the police officially "recovered" the car and notified the owner.

I hope I haven't bored you.

I have considered all that but after talking to a number of poleece I was surprised to hear how many people do want to pay on their own and call their own service.

I would have storage, just not the huge lots you see associated with the bigger outfits.

All things to consider and I thank you for your measured and thoughtful reply.

$70 for 7 miles is insanely cheap.
I bet I couldn’t get pulled out of my drive way for less than $150. Probably closer to $200.

Service calls to get someone to your door are $100, and he hasn't done anything but drive there while smoking a cigarette and chuggin Jack. $70 an hour after that.

I wouldn't tow a car 7 feet let alone 7 miles for $70. Better, I'd drive buy and throw a Molotov cocktail on it for a buck twenty five. Insurance pays, it's a win/win. Call your tow truck buddy and say hey I think I got another job for ya, burned out hulk. He brings you a bottle of Jack on poker night every Friday, another win.

That'd be a decent business model and no need to trade in the 1987 Buick on a tow truck.
Sure its theft.

For me.

Labrador Retrievers?

No discrimination.

Coats, actually.

If you knew me at all you would know that I am not one to flippantly ignore laws or regulations.

It would cause undue stress.

I have considered all that but after talking to a number of poleece I was surprised to hear how many people do want to pay on their own and call their own service.

I would have storage, just not the huge lots you see associated with the bigger outfits.

The people who only carry liability insurance are going to have to figure out how to private pay, especially when the cops are telling them to move their heap or the cops will make it disappear. That could be a large pool to draw from in a lot of places.

The storage makes it much more viable. I hadn't understood that from your earlier posts.
Originally Posted by Cheyenne

The people who only carry liability insurance are going to have to figure out how to private pay, especially when the cops are telling them to move their heap or the cops will make it disappear. That could be a large pool to draw from in a lot of places.

The storage makes it much more viable. I hadn't understood that from your earlier posts.

Thank you again.

If you knew me at all you would know that I am not one to flippantly ignore laws or regulations.

It would cause undue stress.

Don't advertise, just word of mouth. Slap some Disney stickers on there, as long as the tag is current on your plate don't sweat it. Keep it under the table till you make enough to go legit, then do the small business loan, apply for China Flu relief money, voila. Hell, I'd come down and drive for you if it doesn't warm the fugk up here soon.
Gruff....I dont think we would make good tow truck drivers.

Likely not, but we could make it fun!

Likely not, but we could make it fun!

I left my home in Northfolk Virginia...California on my mind.....
If we got to tow Elvis we'd have it made Jim.
I've payed for a few calls.

Gettin' stuck is a talent of mine! laugh

I think any business model Flave comes up with should for sure involve a couple of slapjacks like us.

I think any business model Flave comes up with should for sure involve a couple of slapjacks like us.

Bubbas tow service...... you wreck em, we hook em.... smile
deflave, if you want to do repos and aren't worried about respondeat superior liability, I know of a couple of guys.

Just watch out for skimming.

Keep it under the table till you make enough to go legit, then do the small business loan, apply for China Flu relief money, voila.

Sure its theft.

For me.

Labrador Retrievers?

No discrimination.

Coats, actually.

Are you kin to Cruella de Vil,

Cruella de Flave
[quote=deflave]I've had access to tow trucks most of my life and they always seem like a relatively easy way to bring in money. Anybody here actually had a primary or side business that strictly did towing? I'm sure having a lot and county or city impound type contracts would be a whole other can of worms, but I'm wondering about strictly towing and dropping. Thanks in advance.
That thing is beautiful. Do you use it for towing?
Yes, towed my own rigs when necessary and moved/set up a bunch of items/structures at our forest place in NM. I also went out and helped/towed friends when they needed help. Also used it to reach inside someone's old pre-fab home to pick up a huge wood stove and carry it across their property to their lovely new house - dropped the stove on the porch and we rolled it in on pipes. Only put two small dings on back corners in all of that time. I deliberately never towed anyone for money - the nice fellow in town who ran a gas station and repair garage made almost all of his profit with his wreckers, and i wanted to avoided taking any of his business - AND - I did not wish to deal with the State of NM and their licenses/taxes for such stuff. Tow trucks are fun. Fire trucks are more fun.
Yes, towed my own rigs when necessary and moved/set up a bunch of items/structures at our forest place in NM. I also went out and helped/towed friends when they needed help. Also used it to reach inside someone's old pre-fab home to pick up a huge wood stove and carry it across their property to their lovely new house - dropped the stove on the porch and we rolled it in on pipes. Only put two small dings on back corners in all of that time. I deliberately never towed anyone for money - the nice fellow in town who ran a gas station and repair garage made almost all of his profit with his wreckers, and i wanted to avoided taking any of his business - AND - I did not wish to deal with the State of NM and their licenses/taxes for such stuff. Tow trucks are fun. Fire trucks are more fun.

That's a very nice truck.

Are you kin to Cruella de Vil,

Cruella de Flave

No clue.

My family doesn't speak to me.

Bleeding hearts and 'Flave do not mix.
Don’t most use roll backs now? Only see a very few wreckers around here, mostly those for tractor trailers. I’ll need to get one as soon as I have my payday title loan joint operational. Hopefully all these unemployed restaurant workers will make for an abundance of victims customers.

Bleeding hearts and 'Flave do not mix.

Don’t most use roll backs now? Only see a very few wreckers around here, mostly those for tractor trailers. I’ll need to get one as soon as I have my payday title loan joint operational. Hopefully all these unemployed restaurant workers will make for an abundance of victims customers.

I would never consider anything but a rollback but I still see a lot of brand new hooks on the turnpike.

Funny thing is that its the two big bearded ugly fuggers that are the nice ones.

The smaller slicked up one is the prick.

Funny thing is that its the two big bearded ugly fuggers that are the nice ones.

The smaller slicked up one is the prick.

You and Gruff are too emotional.

I'd only hire cyborgs.

Like my kids.
Originally Posted by 79S

MadMooner,

I thank you though.

Check your email I sent you my resume. I’m ready to drive Deflave towing and repo truck #2..

Your resume shows you’re only qualified to be a Male Yachter. You’d still be working for Flavor, but, he would be pimp’n you out to rich Jews and Saudis.

#LinseyLohan

#SlutsGottaEat

LOL

🦫
Move to Nashville and ya might tow Garth Brooks. That’s the closest thing to a living Elvis unless you include Shania Twain
Originally Posted by 79S

MadMooner,

I thank you though.

Your resume shows you’re only qualified to be a Male Yachter. You’d still be working for Flavor, but, he would be pimp’n you out to rich Jews and Saudis.

#LinseyLohan

#SlutsGottaEat

LOL

🦫

Sure....
Interview Question #1:

Are you from Oregon?
Interview Question #1:

Are you from Oregon?

Nope Illinois long live Mike Ditka!
Originally Posted by 79S
Interview Question #1:

Are you from Oregon?

Interview Question #2:

Does integrity have a place here?
Originally Posted by 79S
Interview Question #1:

Are you from Oregon?

Interview Question #2:

Are you asking him for a [bleep]?
Gruff would play this song to Flave after a month of working atChocolate Flave Tow Yard

Originally Posted by 79S
Interview Question #1:

Are you from Oregon?

Interview Question #2:

Are you asking him for a [bleep]?

You are not in the running.

You're too lazy.

Wimmin like boats better than rollback trucks, Deacon.
Originally Posted by 79S
Interview Question #1:

Are you from Oregon?

Interview Question #2:

Hell NO!
Did somebody mention male yachter?
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]