Hop To
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Travis, I do not own a tow truck.

You are a damn smart guy and understanding economics.

I know lots of people that tow lots of things including repossessed ATVs and motorcycles to auction, cars to auction Etc. Also know loggers and logging trucks and heavy equipment haulers.

While I do believe you could make $200 an hour with a tow truck I believe the labor burden of operating such a vehicle would be shockingly high to you. Between insurance cost of the equipment and every. Gov sticking their hand out I suspect you would have $100 an hour labor burden.

I know that was a no help whatsoever,

Thank you regardless.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Sure its theft.

How many times to you bail out your drug addicted nephew?

At some point it becomes "enabling".

Predatory lenders should starve.

I’d kill puppies for cash.

So these problems wouldn’t really be problems.

For me.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Fugk licensing and insurance. Just buy a truck and do it. I bet you make enough before you get caught to pay the fines. Just pass on sketchy tows that might end up shining a light on you.

MAGA
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Tow truck drivers are about the same type of people as ammo hoarder-flippers.

Blood sucking parasites in other words.....

Thank goodness for ethical business like farmers who just give cows away to people and let them pay when and whatever they can afford
#charitystartsathome

I don't sell livestock to someone who I know cant or wont pay.

Thats because there is NO recourse for me.

Thankfully there are legion tow truck drivers willing to be crushed or perforated to make sure the Joos get paid.

Well....the Joos ain't in cattle ranching yet......

I am MAGA.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by deflave
I know there is a lot of money to be had in repossession and contracting with a local city or county.

But I'm trying to ascertain if anybody has experience with specializing in simply getting inoperable vehicles from point A, to point B. And charging based on time and distance. I would think if you're underbidding the competition and didn't have the overhead that an impound lot and contracting would necessitate, you could still rake in a lot of cash.

But so far none of you losers seem to own a tow truck business. LOL

I don’t own a business obviously. But we had our car towed 7 miles. If we didn’t have AAA it would have been $70. I think we paid $11. A guy could rake in cash if he’s getting $70 to tow a rig 7 miles.

Camp is where you make it.
IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Sure its theft.

Of course predatory lending should starve.

And of course it should be against the law.

BUT, when the government takes out a 900 billion dollar loan against the future Workforce of your children and grandchildren to give 327 million people a $600 stimulus check the payback percentage on that loan is 334%

Do the math yourself 90 billion dollars divided by 327 million people... half of which do not pay taxes... and 10% at will not receive the stimulus money because they are too wealthy.

I'm on my phone and the math is a little hard to run in my head, but it is not hard math with a calculator in front of you.

Predatory lending is the American way. It will never ever ever ever go away.

Last edited by CashisKing; 02/13/21. Reason: Damn phone typos

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This loser doesn't own a towing business, but I think there is something that others have not mentioned. If people don't have the cash or credit card limit to pay you on the spot, you are going to want to hang onto some collateral, which is the vehicle. For wrecks, most people are going to rely on their insurance company to pay it, which is not going to be a COD thing. So, in most instances you are going to need a secure facility or, as kingston mentioned, a deal with local body shops who will backstop your payments. I don't know how it works with insurance tows (you probably need to have separate contracts with them), but, if you have a lot or access to a lot, you may get two tows out of the deal rather than one. (Edit to add: You also need to be familiar with your applicable towing lien law.)

I don't see a viable business plan if you are COD only. A contract with a governmental body is another thing. If they pay you directly, great. If you are just on an approved tow list, there will be rules to follow with charge limits, and you may not be able be COD only. Also, I guess you know already that they have rules on the maximum time for arrival once they call you, and cops with traffic backed up for miles or sweating or freezing their butts off will get you removed from the tow list if you start getting tardy.

Repos can be really risky business. I wouldn't fool with that. The UCC prohibits self-help repossession if there is a breach of the peace, but the people with the lien on the vehicle just want their car back and may not want to stick with a company that doesn't deliver. A lot of altercations start as the car is being hooked and the owner sees it.

FYI, as an idea, back when I was in New Orleans, the private tow trucks prowled the weeds and found all the stolen cars so they could be on scene and get the tow when the police officially "recovered" the car and notified the owner.

I hope I haven't bored you.

Last edited by Cheyenne; 02/13/21. Reason: add sentence to first paragraph

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Send the check CashisKing.

We should all turn into Cleetus and ruin the fuggers.

I am MAGA.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Mike Hancho Towing

You Bake em, we Shake em.

Camp is where you make it.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Fugk licensing and insurance. Just buy a truck and do it. I bet you make enough before you get caught to pay the fines. Just pass on sketchy tows that might end up shining a light on you.

Hell yeah... hook up with a few chop shops to and a quick-release hook. Drive by The Chop Shop on a slow Lope and drop your load. Brown bag of cash waiting for you behind the Redbox video machine at the 7-Eleven.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Sure its theft.

Don’t hate the playa’ hate the game....
The United States is still the easiest economy in the world to thrive in.
If you’re poor in this country it’s by choice.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tzone
I know there is a lot of money to be had in repossession and contracting with a local city or county.

But I'm trying to ascertain if anybody has experience with specializing in simply getting inoperable vehicles from point A, to point B. And charging based on time and distance. I would think if you're underbidding the competition and didn't have the overhead that an impound lot and contracting would necessitate, you could still rake in a lot of cash.

But so far none of you losers seem to own a tow truck business. LOL

I don’t own a business obviously. But we had our car towed 7 miles. If we didn’t have AAA it would have been $70. I think we paid $11. A guy could rake in cash if he’s getting $70 to tow a rig 7 miles.

$70 for 7 miles is insanely cheap.
I bet I couldn’t get pulled out of my drive way for less than $150. Probably closer to $200.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Sure its theft.

For me.

What kind of puppies? Poodles?

Labrador Retrievers?

Do you make rugs with the hides?

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Sure its theft.

Don’t hate the playa’ hate the game....
The United States is still the easiest economy in the world to thrive in.
If you’re poor in this country it’s by choice.

You are the tall poppy that is gonna get clipped.

The poor people are gonna remain "kept".

Successful people are fugged.

I am MAGA.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Travis, I do not own a tow truck.

You are a damn smart guy and understanding economics.

I know lots of people that tow lots of things including repossessed ATVs and motorcycles to auction, cars to auction Etc. Also know loggers and logging trucks and heavy equipment haulers.

While I do believe you could make $200 an hour with a tow truck I believe the labor burden of operating such a vehicle would be shockingly high to you. Between insurance cost of the equipment and every. Gov sticking their hand out I suspect you would have $100 an hour labor burden.

I know that was a no help whatsoever,

Thank you regardless.

You could also go in with Roy and start a towing business

Call it T1-11 Towing.

As partners y'all would make Bank, probably could afford a hunting license other than iguanas.

Good luck to ya...

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Hell yeah... hook up with a few chop shops to and a quick-release hook. Drive by The Chop Shop on a slow Lope and drop your load. Brown bag of cash waiting for you behind the Redbox video machine at the 7-Eleven.

Holla!

MAGA
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
This loser doesn't own a towing business, but I think there is something that others have not mentioned. If people don't have the cash or credit card limit to pay you on the spot, you are going to want to hang onto some collateral, which is the vehicle. For wrecks, most people are going to rely on their insurance company to pay it, which is not going to be a COD thing. So, in most instances you are going to need a secure facility or, as kingston mentioned, a deal with local body shops who will backstop your payments. I don't know how it works with insurance tows (you probably need to have separate contracts with them), but, if you have a lot or access to a lot, you may get two tows out of the deal rather than one. (Edit to add: You also need to be familiar with your applicable towing lien law.)

I don't see a viable business plan if you are COD only. A contract with a governmental body is another thing. If they pay you directly, great. If you are just on an approved tow list, there will be rules to follow with charge limits, and you may not be able be COD only. Also, I guess you know already that they have rules on the maximum time for arrival once they call you, and cops with traffic backed up for miles or sweating or freezing their butts off will get you removed from the tow list if you start getting tardy.

Repos can be really risky business. I wouldn't fool with that. The UCC prohibits self-help repossession if there is a breach of the peace, but the people with the lien on the vehicle just want their car back and may not want to stick with a company that doesn't deliver. A lot of altercations start as the car is being hooked and the owner sees it.

FYI, as an idea, back when I was in New Orleans, the private tow trucks prowled the weeds and found all the stolen cars so they could be on scene and get the tow when the police officially "recovered" the car and notified the owner.

I hope I haven't bored you.

I have considered all that but after talking to a number of poleece I was surprised to hear how many people do want to pay on their own and call their own service.

I would have storage, just not the huge lots you see associated with the bigger outfits.

All things to consider and I thank you for your measured and thoughtful reply.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MadMooner

$70 for 7 miles is insanely cheap.
I bet I couldn’t get pulled out of my drive way for less than $150. Probably closer to $200.

Service calls to get someone to your door are $100, and he hasn't done anything but drive there while smoking a cigarette and chuggin Jack. $70 an hour after that.

I wouldn't tow a car 7 feet let alone 7 miles for $70. Better, I'd drive buy and throw a Molotov cocktail on it for a buck twenty five. Insurance pays, it's a win/win. Call your tow truck buddy and say hey I think I got another job for ya, burned out hulk. He brings you a bottle of Jack on poker night every Friday, another win.

That'd be a decent business model and no need to trade in the 1987 Buick on a tow truck.

LOL
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Sure its theft.

For me.

What kind of puppies? Poodles?

Labrador Retrievers?

Do you make rugs with the hides?

No discrimination.

Coats, actually.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage

If you knew me at all you would know that I am not one to flippantly ignore laws or regulations.

It would cause undue stress.

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

105 members (358WCF, 300_savage, 10gaugemag, 257_X_50, 338Rules, 29aholic, 12 invisible), 1,430 guests, and 829 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,863
Posts18,497,207
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.