Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by BobBrown
Originally Posted by Fireball2
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

They are five years old

And more successful than Da’ Ballz.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Couple guys around here do nothing but move heavy equipment and ag equipment. $125/hr you can buy a decent truck and trailer for $60-$60k. CDL’s though.
If I were living in your AO, I’d seriously consider a boat moving/delivery business.

Thanks.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
any boat in FL should require cew cab dually with flatbed to move it ,,turbo diesel

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Good question OP. Thought about it myself. With the fugktard tourists I think a guy could do pretty decent here if the overhead (insurance, etc) wasn’t too bad. Slid off the road, over heated, dead battery, etc. if a guy had an acre or 2, put up a decent chain link and go to the pit bull rescue every couple weeks and let em run loose in the lot like Lord of the Flies.

Operating a rollback is easy as hell boot.

MAGA
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

Truckin Music

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Couple guys around here do nothing but move heavy equipment and ag equipment. $125/hr you can buy a decent truck and trailer for $60-$60k. CDL’s though.
If I were living in your AO, I’d seriously consider a boat moving/delivery business.

Thanks.

Friend of mine, now deceased, owned a seatow franchise in South Florida. Made a pile of money towing boats in and even more running dope in the early 90’s. Depends on the amount of risk your willing to expose yourself too I guess.
YMMV....

He was one hell of a fisherman. Built a sailboat and sailed to Europe when he was 30. Loved listening to his stories, and fishing the 80’s Mako 21 he refurbished/repowered. Still have a couple top water plugs he made for stripers on the Chesapeake.

Last edited by jackmountain; 02/12/21.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
I’ve no interest in moving boats in south Florida.

But thanks.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The only guy busier than the fella that runs Vessel Assist out here is the guy that works on his boats.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Local guy here moves RVs fifth wheels and such at trailer parks. Couple of 3/4 and 1 ton trucks.

He also will haul away abandoned or other trailers from deceased tenants or whatever for a fee.

He has a crew that wrecks them out... then he sells the steel frame, axles and gooseneck as a 15k gooseneck flatbed trailer ready for your lumber.

I don't think he's making a fortune at it... but somebody is buying the trailers from him.

Not my cup of tea, but it is good to see a man hustle a dime when he can.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You sent me down a wiki hole.

This guy is obviously a salesman, but there is some good info, especially in the comments after the articles.

https://thetowacademy.com/the-monthly-costs-associated-with-running-a-towing-business/

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
IC B3

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by MadMooner

This guy is obviously a salesman, but there is some good info, especially in the comments after the articles.

https://thetowacademy.com/the-monthly-costs-associated-with-running-a-towing-business/

MadMooner,

I have read a bit about the subject but was hoping some of you dick heads had some hands on experience.

I thank you though.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I don't have much to contribute but I knew a tow truck driver in Alaska, older guy one man business. His major source of income was re-po. He seemed to do pretty well financially, was able to have a big place down in Colorado. Not exactly the safest job. He carried a Taser, for self protection. Had to use it once in a while. Apparently depending on how big the job was, was how his pay was established for picking up the re-po. For what it's worth, the vehicle would go back to the dealer so no necessity for a yard to take vehicles too. Just a matter of developing relationships with dealerships and finance companies. Good luck.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Thanks Caribou.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Truckin Music

Oh Lort

One of them dudes TJ came out last week and says he’s a poofter.

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/country-artist-tj-osborne-of-brothers-osborne-comes-out-as-gay

LOL

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I have a friend in the Midwest who owned a towing company. He also owned a bunch of body shops.

Back in New England, I know another a guy with a body shop. His business largely relied on his relationships with several towing companies. Whenever there was a storm, they swamp him with wrecks. In essence, the tow truck guys pump his shop. Once the cars are there, the body shop starts collecting storage fees and the customer rarely had their vehicle towed to a different shop. I'm sure there were some sort of kick backs to the tow truck guys.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
oh yeah. this is about tow trucks. lol

I always figured tow trucking was high risk and high reward if you're repoing cars. I don't think I could do that . You're bound to meet alot of folks face to face and I am just not a fan. You hire somebody like Roger ,stxhunter to drive the thing.

L
O
L

Couldn't do it for the same reason I could never be a good salesman.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
You know who gets run over more often than firemen?

Tow truck drivers.

When my ex wife ran trauma at a major hospital they had a number of them. One young guy was loading his tow truck (a rollback style) and the vehicle cut loose and rund over him. Kilt.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MadMooner

MadMooner,

I have read a bit about the subject but was hoping some of you dick heads had some hands on experience.

I thank you though.

Check your email I sent you my resume. I’m ready to drive Deflave towing and repo truck #2..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've had access to tow trucks most of my life and they always seem like a relatively easy way to bring in money. Anybody here actually had a primary or side business that strictly did towing? I'm sure having a lot and county or city impound type contracts would be a whole other can of worms, but I'm wondering about strictly towing and dropping. Thanks in advance.
Here is mine - love it. 1970 Chev C30.

Last edited by CCCC; 02/13/21.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I remember watching a dateline or 60 minutes type show, I think it was Diane Sawyer about a repo man in Texas. This might have been 20 years ago.

Hooked up to take a guys truck, the guy stepped out on his front porch, took his deer rifle and shot the repo man. The guy stumbled back into his truck, drove about 2 blocks and died.

The police came out when someone noticed, then eventually traced it back to the guy getting his truck repo'd, talked to the owner, he admitted he shot him, they thanked him for his time and left.

So the repo man's family is outraged the police aren't doing anything about it, called the media and this news show - whoever they were, thought they had some big scoop

They show up and interview the local DA who refused to prosecute the shooter. He explained the laws in Texas to her about using lethal means to protect your property.

Finally she asks "what do you say to the family of the repo driver?"

and the DA says "I'd tell them he should have had a different job"

and that's when I decided I'd never be a repo man in Texas.( not that it was a career option anyways)

I don't know if this is the story I'm referencing or not but this happened in '94

HOUSTON —

A grand jury on Friday declined to indict a man who said he fatally shot a repossession agent because he thought the man was stealing his truck.

“Praise the Lord,” Jerry Casey said as he left the Harris County grand jury building. He declined further comment.

Casey, 35, who was three days late on a payment for his pickup truck, was accused of murder in the Feb. 25 shooting of Tommy Dean Morris, 54. Casey said he thought Morris was a car thief when Morris arrived at night and started to tow his truck away.

Under Texas law, homeowners are permitted to shoot at nighttime intruders if they feel their safety or property is threatened.

Last edited by KFWA; 02/13/21.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (06hunter59, 2500HD, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 1Longbow, 62 invisible), 1,883 guests, and 1,059 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,882
Posts18,497,770
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.