I remember watching a dateline or 60 minutes type show, I think it was Diane Sawyer about a repo man in Texas. This might have been 20 years ago.

Hooked up to take a guys truck, the guy stepped out on his front porch, took his deer rifle and shot the repo man. The guy stumbled back into his truck, drove about 2 blocks and died.

The police came out when someone noticed, then eventually traced it back to the guy getting his truck repo'd, talked to the owner, he admitted he shot him, they thanked him for his time and left.

So the repo man's family is outraged the police aren't doing anything about it, called the media and this news show - whoever they were, thought they had some big scoop

They show up and interview the local DA who refused to prosecute the shooter. He explained the laws in Texas to her about using lethal means to protect your property.

Finally she asks "what do you say to the family of the repo driver?"

and the DA says "I'd tell them he should have had a different job"

and that's when I decided I'd never be a repo man in Texas.( not that it was a career option anyways)

I don't know if this is the story I'm referencing or not but this happened in '94

HOUSTON —

A grand jury on Friday declined to indict a man who said he fatally shot a repossession agent because he thought the man was stealing his truck.

“Praise the Lord,” Jerry Casey said as he left the Harris County grand jury building. He declined further comment.

Casey, 35, who was three days late on a payment for his pickup truck, was accused of murder in the Feb. 25 shooting of Tommy Dean Morris, 54. Casey said he thought Morris was a car thief when Morris arrived at night and started to tow his truck away.

Under Texas law, homeowners are permitted to shoot at nighttime intruders if they feel their safety or property is threatened.

Last edited by KFWA; 02/13/21.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings