Home
Posted By: mjbgalt Every damn day... - 02/21/21
Same 5 or 6 old guys park outside the store for a half hour before we open and stare at us through the windows and then try to outrun each other to the empty ammo counter.

Then they come bitch about us stockpiling it in the back room and about their version of why there is no ammo.

And once this shortage situation ends they will go back to keeping almost zero ammo on hand.

People are stupid and we are unable to learn from history.

Lol on top of that I don't put the ammo out until those douche bags leave...

Being an [bleep] does not pay. At least in my store lol
Posted By: Ranger_Green Re: Every damn day... - 02/21/21
Thank you for providing a service to these old guys. If not for you, they would hang out in the local McDonalds and give the staff there the same treatment.
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Every damn day... - 02/21/21
Do y’all always stock ammo shelves before store opens?

Make it random. So they are wasting time.
Posted By: mjbgalt Re: Every damn day... - 02/21/21
We put the stuff out when it comes in But if there is some still to be put out i leave it til 10am. And even though for months there has been zero in the mornings they still come power walking in. Lol
Posted By: CrimsonTide Re: Every damn day... - 02/21/21
Working behind the counter in a gunshop these days is sure enough interesting.
Posted By: CashisKing Re: Every damn day... - 02/21/21
I bet if someone polite stopped by the store with a cup of coffee and a box of donuts and respectfully asked when you might be getting in a box or two of ammo... maybe they would welcomed.

Retail sucks because you can't kill stupid people.
Posted By: gonehuntin Re: Every damn day... - 02/21/21
Put a "No Ammo" sign in the window before you open and see if that runs them off, then put out the ammo shortly after they leave. I'd do that just to help other folks besides the ammo flippers.
Posted By: Stickfight Re: Every damn day... - 02/21/21
As a general rule Boomers have a galactic sense of entitlement.
Posted By: OldmanoftheSea Re: Every damn day... - 02/21/21
The smart guys watch for the truck to pull up out back...
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Every damn day... - 02/21/21
................................is a blessing, let the bullshlt slide and be glad to be here.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Every damn day... - 02/21/21
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
Same 5 or 6 old guys park outside the store for a half hour before we open and stare at us through the windows and then try to outrun each other to the empty ammo counter.

Then they come bitch about us stockpiling it in the back room and about their version of why there is no ammo.

And once this shortage situation ends they will go back to keeping almost zero ammo on hand.

This is just hilarious!!!
Posted By: Sycamore Re: Every damn day... - 02/21/21

this sounds a lot like the 24 Hr Campfire...did you get their usernames?
Posted By: ingwe Re: Every damn day... - 02/21/21
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide

I stopped at the LGS where I used to work. No components of course but they acquired an estate which included quite an array of boxed bullets, put a table of that stuff out and a near riot ensued...
Originally Posted by Stickfight

That's a dumbass, out of place comment that will find no consensus in research.
Posted By: gonehuntin Re: Every damn day... - 02/21/21
Better yet, put out one 50-ct box of .22 LR and watch those old coots roll around fighting over it and mark it up to $15.00
Posted By: KFWA Re: Every damn day... - 02/21/21
you want to know who has the ammo - go to a gun range

I haven't been to a gun range in forever because I don't want to use up my ammo reserve

fishing has replaced it for me - and even during the height of the pandemic you couldn't find a well stocked fishing department around here.Couldn't even find a damned ole zebco
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Every damn day... - 02/21/21

As a general rule, dumb fugks like you have no sense whatsoever.
Posted By: 280shooter Re: Every damn day... - 02/21/21
Set up an obstacle course and get some entertainment out of it.
Posted By: BobBrown Re: Every damn day... - 02/21/21
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Take your bike and go home, Paul

Posted By: gregintenn Re: Every damn day... - 02/21/21
The simple solution is to not buy anything from these old bassturds. The supply would then return to normal quickly.
Posted By: ldholton Re: Every damn day... - 02/21/21

Probably the same people that tell others are ignorant for not stocking up ahead of time
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Every damn day... - 02/21/21
Originally Posted by 280shooter
Set up an obstacle course and get some entertainment out of it.

Make it a treasure hunt.

If you bullets you seek, look on the aisle that’s had things that squeak....

😂🤪
Lotta guys throwing fits and literally tossing their ID at us and a couple called their lawyer because we "infringed their second amendment rights" by asking for ID and asking them to fill out the form correctly. Added to the stalkers driving behind our supply truck and hiding behind the store to see what we unload etc.

My temper is quite short with these schit bags.

Originally Posted by local_dirt

News flash: Entitled boomers feel entitled to coddling by the subsequent generations they stole from. Many such cases!
They also play the games where they come in with a different hat on an hour later. Like we are too dumb to notice. Lol

And there is also the "this gun is for me" while their buddy stands beside them pointing out what he wants
Lotta guys throwing fits and literally tossing their ID at us and a couple called their lawyer because we "infringed their second amendment rights" by asking for ID.

They believe they are entitled to your services.

The good thing is that nearly everyone who says they are calling their lawyer, doesn't have a lawyer to call.
Posted By: Theo Gallus Re: Every damn day... - 02/21/21

Thanks! That made my morning.
Posted By: worriedman Re: Every damn day... - 02/21/21

Some of us boomers were smart enough to be prepared. Having lived through enough cycles, you buy when it is available.
Posted By: 22250rem Re: Every damn day... - 02/21/21
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea

......... Correction - The smart guys already have enough to last a couple years or a lot longer if they ration it out. They learned that from a guy named Obama.
Originally Posted by worriedman
you buy when it is available.

Yes I do.

Generally, it seems the people waiting to pounce on restocks are resellers trying to make a few bucks.
Posted By: efw Re: Every damn day... - 02/21/21
What’s funnier the OP or the conflict that ensues between those of us who really ought to recognize that fighting each other plays into the hands of our REAL enemies?

Those dumbasses described in OP are just a microcosm of our broader cultural problem. The elites have ya fighting over scraps while they feast, purge, and feast again, paying for it all with our tax dollars.
you buy when it is available.

Yes I do.

Generally, it seems the people waiting to pounce on restocks are resellers trying to make a few bucks.

So true , very few of those stalkers are "in need"
Posted By: Whelenman Re: Every damn day... - 02/21/21

Some of us boomers were smart enough to be prepared. Having lived through enough cycles, you buy when it is available.

From what I have seen, it’s the people under 30 who feel they are entitled for everything!!
Yep
Posted By: goalie Re: Every damn day... - 02/21/21

I like you.

No homo.
Don't lie. Its homo lol
Honestly i am shocked. Thought i would get all sorts of schit for picking on the kind old gentlemen lol
Posted By: goalie Re: Every damn day... - 02/21/21
Don't lie. Its homo lol

Like, not love

😉
Originally Posted by CashisKing
I bet if someone polite stopped by the store with a cup of coffee and a box of donuts and respectfully asked when you might be getting in a box or two of ammo... maybe they would welcomed.

Retail sucks because you can't kill stupid people.

You are absolutely right on both counts.
Honestly i am shocked. Thought i would get all sorts of schit for picking on the kind old gentlemen lol

You might be a lot people here feel guilty 🤔🤔
The kids buying their first gun or the dad who ran out and needs a box to fill a mag to protect his kids in the middle of the night...lets just say I usually happen to find one for them.

Not feeding this frenzy of lies and manipulation.

I am not hoarding anything but I do try to keep a box or two back for those really in need and who are good customers and polite human beings
The last place I bought ammo from, I called ahead. I just needed some 17 hmr in 20 grains. Well, they had one box so I went to get it. When I got there the ammo shelves were completely bare but they did indeed take me to "the back room" where they had some ammo. Quite abit of 9mm from what I remember but I didn't need any.

Smallish midwestern chain store. I'm not sure why the back room is necessary?
I don't do that. I think that is kind of shady. But I usually put back a box or two from each truck for my own use and if someone comes in and honestly needs it i will a lot of times hand them the one I was going to buy
But the other side of it is that a big pile of 9mm out there would cause a riot lol
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: Every damn day... - 02/21/21
Originally Posted by efw
What’s funnier the OP or the conflict that ensues between those of us who really ought to recognize that fighting each other plays into the hands of our REAL enemies?

Those dumbasses described in OP are just a microcosm of our broader cultural problem. The elites have ya fighting over scraps while they feast, purge, and feast again, paying for it all with our tax dollars.
Best post thus far.
But the other side of it is that a big pile of 9mm out there would cause a riot lol

Good point. 🤣
Posted By: saddlering Re: Every damn day... - 02/21/21
At the gun store I go-to about once a week or so, he gets a little I now and then, But he's got a lot of old guys, I'm talking 80-90 years. Bringing in guns and ammo ect, so there wives don't have to worry about it when they pass. Iv bout 3 guns from him this year and traded a few. A little bit of ammo too.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Every damn day... - 02/21/21
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by efw

Best post thus far.

Agreed
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Every damn day... - 02/21/21
Lotta guys throwing fits and literally tossing their ID at us and a couple called their lawyer because we "infringed their second amendment rights" by asking for ID and asking them to fill out the form correctly. Added to the stalkers driving behind our supply truck and hiding behind the store to see what we unload etc.

My temper is quite short with these schit bags.

Well said.
Posted By: gkt5450 Re: Every damn day... - 02/21/21
ATTENTION AMMO SHOPPERS
Ammo sales to public will commence on Monday of the last week of each month. We will be rationing it to 2 boxes per caliber. Otherwise it is available to firearm purchasing customers until above announced time.
Have a great day!

You’ll sell all the ammo available and some more firearms as well. Make a lot of new customers knowing you’re looking out for them.
Posted By: WiFowler Re: Every damn day... - 02/21/21
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide

That's a fugging understatement if there ever was one.
Yes but the software we have works as a replenishing system. I only get one on the truck for every one i sell.
So i need to put stuff out if i am going to be able to get replacement ammo

Make it a game now. Tell them you just got some in and that you will hold a live auction with them.
A related note is that People have become MUCH ruder and demanding and threatening than they ever were before. Simple things we have always had as a policy, like not returning ammo or guns, now is a fight and they literally yell and say they are gonna spread it all over the internet about how much we suck etc.

Also...some of the same people are so filthy and dirty and have a crust of weeks' worth of buildup...shudder. I don't even want to touch the guns when they are done.

Fingernails filled with dirt, BO so bad you have to walk away...

It's like in the last 10 years we have DEvolved.
Posted By: WiFowler Re: Every damn day... - 02/21/21
Heard story at the LGS about a customer lost his job over buying (hoarding ammo). Guy in his mid-50s pulled in everyday around 9:30 am in a company van (HVAC from what I was told), walked the path to the ammo shelves and bought what ever was available, obiding by any limits imposed by the LGS. Around 3:30-4:00pm he'd be back, in the same HVAC company truck. More often than not he was refused ammo, since the clerk recognized him and that he'd already made a purchase of the limit for the day. Several times he was confronted about hoarding. His response was always "its for my friends", when in fact he is a know scalper at local gun shows, per other customers.

Couple weeks go by and the guy hasn't shown up. Then one day he reappears. The store owner mentioned to him that they missed him and is antics. The guy replied that he'd lost his job. Supposedly, one of the HVAC company supervisors that was overseeing a job this guy was supposed to be on, got to wondering why the job was so far behind. In the end, the supervisor tracked the guys movement via a GPS in the company vehicle. The supervisor stopped by the LGS, identified himself and asked if any of the employees had seen one of his company vans at the store. He also produced a picture of a particular employee (the guy that had been in every day) and asked if the person driving the van was his employee. Store clerks were a little apprehensive about answering, but in the end, gave the guy up.

Moral of the story - don't park the company billboard (van) near a gun shop, and don't buy ammo on company time.
Good. This BS behavior along with the other 100 abusive obnoxious behaviors, needs to be stomped out asap.
Problem is that most retail places are scared to death of bad reviews online and so everyone gets their ass kissed regardless of their situation.

There needs to be room to tell someone their behavior has now crossed a line and you need to leave and do not come back.
I even had one guy the week of black Friday literally demand the price we were going to place on the item ON black Friday. He said its not his fault he hs to work on Friday and he knows we can change the price and we WILL change it or he is never shopping here again.

We very politely declined.

He showed up that weekend and i heard him instructing his young son how to behave like he did so he can get what he wants.

And he is not alone.
If the store had my name on the sign i would have told his 400 pound pajama pants wearing belligerent ass to [bleep] off.

But oh well lol
Posted By: Razorhog Re: Every damn day... - 02/21/21

mjbgault is 100% correct. This is a true story told by a individual behind a free market deal ( complete dip ). He got all the Academy's, Cabela's, etc........mapped out and hired some retired men at $50 per 2 hr shifts. The retirees would be at the store 30 minutes before opening. When doors opened they would buy their allotment of ammo. 5-6 folks per store. Meet up with the the dirtbag, he'd give them their $50 for approximately 2 hrs worth of work, pay them for the ammo. ( plus $25 per hr ) then they can go to Mickey D's and drink coffee. The dirtbag would head to pawn shops and sell 9mm FMJ for 80 cents per round ( I did get that price from him ). Not sure what 223 or other brought. The pawn shops were making bank too. The jerk said that week before last he made $4500. Nothing illegal about it but it really pisses me off. That's one of the major reasons shelves are empty. Happening all over the country.
Would be hilarious to call the IRS and ask if they know about his income from his side business lol

Might even be a reward in it for ya
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Every damn day... - 02/21/21
Would be hilarious to call the IRS and ask if they know about his income from his side business lol

Would he need a business license also?

Hazmat signage on his vehicle for transporting commercial quantities of ammo?

But, I'd not turn him in.......................well, probably not.
Heard a few years back about Ted Nugent buying ammo by the pallet load.

I wonder if he is still able to, being a good customer and what not?
Who knows. I am still getting a lot of ammo in but not the brands and quantities I could a year ago.

Maybe uncle ted knows a guy...lol
I bet he knows one...................or 16?
They also play the games where they come in with a different hat on an hour later. Like we are too dumb to notice. Lol

And there is also the "this gun is for me" while their buddy stands beside them pointing out what he wants

My friend who runs LGS told me some clowns tried to pull exactly this just the other day. Black chick comes in with 2 guys. 3 guys waiting in the No Parking outside. The 2 guys inside are pointing at guns and telling her "Yeah Yeah Yeah, that one". She gets counter guy to stack 5 semi-autos that are all exactly the same on the counter. The 2 guys retreat to car. My bud says "Naah. Ain't happenin". Lol!
Posted By: m_stevenson Re: Every damn day... - 02/21/21
Originally Posted by 22250rem
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea

......... Correction - The smart guys already have enough to last a couple years or a lot longer if they ration it out. They learned that from a guy named Obama.

Ahem, some learned it from a smarmy schitbag named Clinton.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Every damn day... - 02/21/21
Originally Posted by Theo Gallus

Thanks! That made my morning.

Lol he probably wouldn't allow you in his store, Biden voters aren't welcome in a few LGS's around here.
Ain't my name on the sign. Any schit bag can wander in. Lol

Not saying anyone here is one.

But i will say that if your behavior is ridiculous it may just happen that the item you want is unavailable. Lol
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Every damn day... - 02/21/21
Lotta guys throwing fits and literally tossing their ID at us

I had a douche bag do that to me once, ID hit my arm and bounced onto the counter and the guy stared at me with his eyes saying "Go ahead and say something". I calmly took the ID slide it back over to him and told him "Let's try this again, you can hand me your ID like a human being or you can use the front door to leave". He handed it to me like a gentleman and we finished up.
Lotta schit like that would go very differently if i owned the place lol

There would be a 10 percent discount if you don't piss me off.

Free donuts for cops and firemen and veterans. And a 25 percent upcharge for Biden stickers or commie talk.
Posted By: lvmiker Re: Every damn day... - 02/21/21

News flash: Entitled boomers feel entitled to coddling by the subsequent generations they stole from. Many such cases!

News flash: You have nothing worth stealing and no one seeks your coddling. Ignorant folks always seek someone to blame for their wretched existence.

#entitledboomersgotyourschidt

mike r
Posted By: Hudge Re: Every damn day... - 02/21/21

My uncle worked at the Remington ammunition plant until he died about 12 years ago. At the time, they could buy ammo for $1 a box and premium ammo at $5 a box. They had a guy that worked there was buying his ammo and then selling it to people for a profit. My uncle said the guy caught caught due to an IRS/ATF crackdown on him. I do know the guy was arrested and lost his job. Also, Remington then put limits on how much ammo employees were allowed to buy a year after that. I also think they were limited to 3 guns a year as well.
Posted By: coobie Re: Every damn day... - 02/21/21

We are trying to help worthless non working lazy millennials get threw life.They expect too much free chit. Did you get your stimulus check yet? grin
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: Every damn day... - 02/21/21
When the last shortage happened during the Obongo administration I’d put ammo out at different times so there was no predictable pattern. Putting ammo out in the morning seemed to favor those that didn’t work (retired, unemployed, etc) which didn’t seem fair to the working man. We had some GREAT customers that weren’t buying guns and ammo for resale but instead they were buying them to use, as it should be. When we got ammo deliveries I always set some aside for our good customers. I figured that they supported me by buying from me when they had other options so now it was my turn to support them. I also kept ammo in back for the guns we had for sale since it makes no sense buying a firearm if you can’t get ammo for it. By caring about my customers and looking out for them I established a relationship (and friendships) built on trust rather than money.
I lost money on a few sales because I’m a sucker. One transaction that stands out was a young man about 12 or 13 that would stop by after church every Sunday with his dad to look at rifles. The young man wanted his own hunting rifle and was mowing lawns, washing cars and doing whatever he could to earn the money. I had bought a rifle from a customer that was a perfect fit for the youngster. I kept the rifle in back until he came by and when I brought it out the young man’s eyes lit up, at that moment I knew that he should be the next owner of that rifle. It was about $100 more than he’d budgeted but I wasn’t going to let that stop him from his dream. Short story long.....he bought the rifle for the exact amount that he had saved up which was about $75 less than I paid for it. I put a set of Leupold rings and bases on it for nothing (another $40 “loss” for me) and I found a nice sling and Plano hard case for the young man to transport his treasure. I told him that if he saved for a scope that I’d sell it to him for my cost and not a penny more which he took advantage of. I mounted the scope and found a couple boxes of ammo in back that I threw in for him. He was such a polite young man with a “yes Sir”, “no Sir” response to most questions. I’m a sucker and I don’t wanna change. 😁
Originally Posted by coobie
Did you get your stimulus check yet?

I'm too economically productive to qualify.
Originally Posted by lvmiker
News flash: You have nothing worth stealing and no one seeks your coddling.

Ok boomer.
Posted By: saddlering Re: Every damn day... - 02/21/21
Good on you for helping the young man out!
Lotta schit like that would go very differently if i owned the place lol

There would be a 10 percent discount if you don't piss me off.

Free donuts for cops and firemen and veterans. And a 25 percent upcharge for Biden stickers or commie talk.

Lol.

What about Biden-Harris face masks?
I would whack them on the back of the neck with the skinny half of a 2 piece fishing pole kept behind the counter lol
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
When the last shortage happened during the Obongo administration I’d put ammo out at different times so there was no predictable pattern. Putting ammo out in the morning seemed to favor those that didn’t work (retired, unemployed, etc) which didn’t seem fair to the working man. We had some GREAT customers that weren’t buying guns and ammo for resale but instead they were buying them to use, as it should be. When we got ammo deliveries I always set some aside for our good customers. I figured that they supported me by buying from me when they had other options so now it was my turn to support them. I also kept ammo in back for the guns we had for sale since it makes no sense buying a firearm if you can’t get ammo for it. By caring about my customers and looking out for them I established a relationship (and friendships) built on trust rather than money.
I lost money on a few sales because I’m a sucker. One transaction that stands out was a young man about 12 or 13 that would stop by after church every Sunday with his dad to look at rifles. The young man wanted his own hunting rifle and was mowing lawns, washing cars and doing whatever he could to earn the money. I had bought a rifle from a customer that was a perfect fit for the youngster. I kept the rifle in back until he came by and when I brought it out the young man’s eyes lit up, at that moment I knew that he should be the next owner of that rifle. It was about $100 more than he’d budgeted but I wasn’t going to let that stop him from his dream. Short story long.....he bought the rifle for the exact amount that he had saved up which was about $75 less than I paid for it. I put a set of Leupold rings and bases on it for nothing (another $40 “loss” for me) and I found a nice sling and Plano hard case for the young man to transport his treasure. I told him that if he saved for a scope that I’d sell it to him for my cost and not a penny more which he took advantage of. I mounted the scope and found a couple boxes of ammo in back that I threw in for him. He was such a polite young man with a “yes Sir”, “no Sir” response to most questions. I’m a sucker and I don’t wanna change. 😁

Awesome story, Aces. Gotta help those working young fellas out.
Posted By: deflave Re: Every damn day... - 02/21/21
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

I didn’t know you owned a gun shop.
Originally Posted by Razorhog

mjbgault is 100% correct. This is a true story told by a individual behind a free market deal ( complete dip ). He got all the Academy's, Cabela's, etc........mapped out and hired some retired men at $50 per 2 hr shifts. The retirees would be at the store 30 minutes before opening. When doors opened they would buy their allotment of ammo. 5-6 folks per store. Meet up with the the dirtbag, he'd give them their $50 for approximately 2 hrs worth of work, pay them for the ammo. ( plus $25 per hr ) then they can go to Mickey D's and drink coffee. The dirtbag would head to pawn shops and sell 9mm FMJ for 80 cents per round ( I did get that price from him ). Not sure what 223 or other brought. The pawn shops were making bank too. The jerk said that week before last he made $4500. Nothing illegal about it but it really pisses me off. That's one of the major reasons shelves are empty. Happening all over the country.

I'm just leaving BassPro now and the checkout lady told me basically the ssme thing, that there are guys lined up outside the store every morning for the ammo drop.

However, I did notice they had several boxes of 110 gr .270 cal .277 VMax, 6.5mm ELD-M projectiles, 6mm projectiles, and a Lee 10mm titanium 3-die set, and some other goodies that I wasn't really interested in, like .257 projectiles.
Posted By: blanket Re: Every damn day... - 02/21/21
put a bunch of empty boxes behind locked glass and tell them only the manager has the key and it is his day off
While i am bitching anyway i may as well add that trying to maintain a clean restroom for my customers is harder than it looks. We got a lot of Amish who leave our toilet looking like they shoveled mud thru a screen door.

Maybe they just gots buttholes in different places than us English, anybuddy know? Lol

Posted By: horse1 Re: Every damn day... - 02/21/21
Lotta guys throwing fits and literally tossing their ID at us and a couple called their lawyer because we "infringed their second amendment rights" by asking for ID and asking them to fill out the form correctly.

Does Ohio have some sort of form for ammo or have we switched the topic to 4473's?
topic police?
Posted By: mjbgalt Re: Every damn day... - 02/22/21
No form for ammo. The story telling expanded
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Every damn day... - 02/22/21

Be easy on him. His daddy didn't love him enough.
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Every damn day... - 02/22/21
Originally Posted by Whelenman

From what I have seen, it’s the people under 30 who feel they are entitled for everything!!

Yep. Spoiled brats
Posted By: BobBrown Re: Every damn day... - 02/22/21

#Red
#Forman
Posted By: efw Re: Every damn day... - 02/22/21
While i am bitching anyway i may as well add that trying to maintain a clean restroom for my customers is harder than it looks. We got a lot of Amish who leave our toilet looking like they shoveled mud thru a screen door.

Maybe they just gots buttholes in different places than us English, anybuddy know? Lol

Wait I thought we were talking about Ammo shortages sheesh man stay focused.

At least the Amish don’t shoot semi autos; then you’d have aplattershot in the bathroom and big beards waiting first thing with no ID to throw at you when they buy the guns you don’t have in stock!
Posted By: horse1 Re: Every damn day... - 02/22/21
No form for ammo. The story telling expanded

I thought maybe OH had taken a step beyond IL and their FOID card, or, that your store was documenting ammo purchases to hold folks to the limit.
Posted By: mjbgalt Re: Every damn day... - 02/22/21
Oh man. I Hope that never happens. That would suck.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Every damn day... - 02/22/21
When I first starting working at the post office back in the mid 1980's, there was no direct deposit on Social Security or welfare checks. There was always a line at the post office of people wanting to get their check just as soon as the window opened for service. I worked as a rural carrier, and it was annoying as heck to have to quit putting up the mail, and stop and look for someone's check.........a check that they couldn't wait an hour to get.

So, after a while I wised up, and started doing things like hiding the checks, making them wait until I was through putting up all the mail, before handing anyone their's. It got so bad, that finally I just told my boss that I was not going to stop and hand anyone their check until all the mail was put up, and then I would hand them all the mail they were going to get that day. Had some mad people, and got a lot of nasty remarks directed towards me, but it did not bother me in the least.
Posted By: smokepole Re: Every damn day... - 02/22/21

Maybe. But it comes from being of the age that we've actually accomplished something like raising a family and putting a bunch of kids like you through college.
Posted By: WiFowler Re: Every damn day... - 02/22/21
Problem is that most retail places are scared to death of bad reviews online and so everyone gets their ass kissed regardless of their situation.

There needs to be room to tell someone their behavior has now crossed a line and you need to leave and do not come back.

Trust me when I say that the folks at the LGS have had their fill, and bad reviews or whatever, they're at the point of not caring. Most of them will tell belligerent customers where the door is and to not let it hit them in a$$ on the way out.
Posted By: ringworm Re: Every damn day... - 02/22/21
Greatest generation, my Azz!
© 24hourcampfire