Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
M
mjbgalt Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
The kids buying their first gun or the dad who ran out and needs a box to fill a mag to protect his kids in the middle of the night...lets just say I usually happen to find one for them.

Not feeding this frenzy of lies and manipulation.

I am not hoarding anything but I do try to keep a box or two back for those really in need and who are good customers and polite human beings

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
The last place I bought ammo from, I called ahead. I just needed some 17 hmr in 20 grains. Well, they had one box so I went to get it. When I got there the ammo shelves were completely bare but they did indeed take me to "the back room" where they had some ammo. Quite abit of 9mm from what I remember but I didn't need any.

Smallish midwestern chain store. I'm not sure why the back room is necessary?

M
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
I don't do that. I think that is kind of shady. But I usually put back a box or two from each truck for my own use and if someone comes in and honestly needs it i will a lot of times hand them the one I was going to buy

M
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
But the other side of it is that a big pile of 9mm out there would cause a riot lol

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by efw
What’s funnier the OP or the conflict that ensues between those of us who really ought to recognize that fighting each other plays into the hands of our REAL enemies?

Those dumbasses described in OP are just a microcosm of our broader cultural problem. The elites have ya fighting over scraps while they feast, purge, and feast again, paying for it all with our tax dollars.
Best post thus far.

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
But the other side of it is that a big pile of 9mm out there would cause a riot lol

Good point. 🤣

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
At the gun store I go-to about once a week or so, he gets a little I now and then, But he's got a lot of old guys, I'm talking 80-90 years. Bringing in guns and ammo ect, so there wives don't have to worry about it when they pass. Iv bout 3 guns from him this year and traded a few. A little bit of ammo too.

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by efw
What’s funnier the OP or the conflict that ensues between those of us who really ought to recognize that fighting each other plays into the hands of our REAL enemies?

Those dumbasses described in OP are just a microcosm of our broader cultural problem. The elites have ya fighting over scraps while they feast, purge, and feast again, paying for it all with our tax dollars.
Best post thus far.

Agreed

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Lotta guys throwing fits and literally tossing their ID at us and a couple called their lawyer because we "infringed their second amendment rights" by asking for ID and asking them to fill out the form correctly. Added to the stalkers driving behind our supply truck and hiding behind the store to see what we unload etc.

My temper is quite short with these schit bags.

Well said.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
ATTENTION AMMO SHOPPERS
Ammo sales to public will commence on Monday of the last week of each month. We will be rationing it to 2 boxes per caliber. Otherwise it is available to firearm purchasing customers until above announced time.
Have a great day!

You’ll sell all the ammo available and some more firearms as well. Make a lot of new customers knowing you’re looking out for them.

America, Our Country and we’re taking it back.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
Working behind the counter in a gunshop these days is sure enough interesting.

That's a fugging understatement if there ever was one.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
M
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Yes but the software we have works as a replenishing system. I only get one on the truck for every one i sell.

M
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
So i need to put stuff out if i am going to be able to get replacement ammo

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Honestly i am shocked. Thought i would get all sorts of schit for picking on the kind old gentlemen lol

Make it a game now. Tell them you just got some in and that you will hold a live auction with them.

M
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
A related note is that People have become MUCH ruder and demanding and threatening than they ever were before. Simple things we have always had as a policy, like not returning ammo or guns, now is a fight and they literally yell and say they are gonna spread it all over the internet about how much we suck etc.

Also...some of the same people are so filthy and dirty and have a crust of weeks' worth of buildup...shudder. I don't even want to touch the guns when they are done.

Fingernails filled with dirt, BO so bad you have to walk away...

It's like in the last 10 years we have DEvolved.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Heard story at the LGS about a customer lost his job over buying (hoarding ammo). Guy in his mid-50s pulled in everyday around 9:30 am in a company van (HVAC from what I was told), walked the path to the ammo shelves and bought what ever was available, obiding by any limits imposed by the LGS. Around 3:30-4:00pm he'd be back, in the same HVAC company truck. More often than not he was refused ammo, since the clerk recognized him and that he'd already made a purchase of the limit for the day. Several times he was confronted about hoarding. His response was always "its for my friends", when in fact he is a know scalper at local gun shows, per other customers.

Couple weeks go by and the guy hasn't shown up. Then one day he reappears. The store owner mentioned to him that they missed him and is antics. The guy replied that he'd lost his job. Supposedly, one of the HVAC company supervisors that was overseeing a job this guy was supposed to be on, got to wondering why the job was so far behind. In the end, the supervisor tracked the guys movement via a GPS in the company vehicle. The supervisor stopped by the LGS, identified himself and asked if any of the employees had seen one of his company vans at the store. He also produced a picture of a particular employee (the guy that had been in every day) and asked if the person driving the van was his employee. Store clerks were a little apprehensive about answering, but in the end, gave the guy up.

Moral of the story - don't park the company billboard (van) near a gun shop, and don't buy ammo on company time.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
M
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Good. This BS behavior along with the other 100 abusive obnoxious behaviors, needs to be stomped out asap.

Last edited by mjbgalt; 02/21/21.
M
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Problem is that most retail places are scared to death of bad reviews online and so everyone gets their ass kissed regardless of their situation.

There needs to be room to tell someone their behavior has now crossed a line and you need to leave and do not come back.

M
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
I even had one guy the week of black Friday literally demand the price we were going to place on the item ON black Friday. He said its not his fault he hs to work on Friday and he knows we can change the price and we WILL change it or he is never shopping here again.

We very politely declined.

He showed up that weekend and i heard him instructing his young son how to behave like he did so he can get what he wants.

And he is not alone.

M
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
If the store had my name on the sign i would have told his 400 pound pajama pants wearing belligerent ass to [bleep] off.

But oh well lol

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

499 members (1badf350, 1941USMC, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 219 Wasp, 57 invisible), 2,212 guests, and 1,177 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,380
Posts18,506,679
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.