Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
M
mjbgalt Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
I would whack them on the back of the neck with the skinny half of a 2 piece fishing pole kept behind the counter lol

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
When the last shortage happened during the Obongo administration I’d put ammo out at different times so there was no predictable pattern. Putting ammo out in the morning seemed to favor those that didn’t work (retired, unemployed, etc) which didn’t seem fair to the working man. We had some GREAT customers that weren’t buying guns and ammo for resale but instead they were buying them to use, as it should be. When we got ammo deliveries I always set some aside for our good customers. I figured that they supported me by buying from me when they had other options so now it was my turn to support them. I also kept ammo in back for the guns we had for sale since it makes no sense buying a firearm if you can’t get ammo for it. By caring about my customers and looking out for them I established a relationship (and friendships) built on trust rather than money.
I lost money on a few sales because I’m a sucker. One transaction that stands out was a young man about 12 or 13 that would stop by after church every Sunday with his dad to look at rifles. The young man wanted his own hunting rifle and was mowing lawns, washing cars and doing whatever he could to earn the money. I had bought a rifle from a customer that was a perfect fit for the youngster. I kept the rifle in back until he came by and when I brought it out the young man’s eyes lit up, at that moment I knew that he should be the next owner of that rifle. It was about $100 more than he’d budgeted but I wasn’t going to let that stop him from his dream. Short story long.....he bought the rifle for the exact amount that he had saved up which was about $75 less than I paid for it. I put a set of Leupold rings and bases on it for nothing (another $40 “loss” for me) and I found a nice sling and Plano hard case for the young man to transport his treasure. I told him that if he saved for a scope that I’d sell it to him for my cost and not a penny more which he took advantage of. I mounted the scope and found a couple boxes of ammo in back that I threw in for him. He was such a polite young man with a “yes Sir”, “no Sir” response to most questions. I’m a sucker and I don’t wanna change. 😁

Awesome story, Aces. Gotta help those working young fellas out.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
When the last shortage happened during the Obongo administration I’d put ammo out at different times so there was no predictable pattern. Putting ammo out in the morning seemed to favor those that didn’t work (retired, unemployed, etc) which didn’t seem fair to the working man. We had some GREAT customers that weren’t buying guns and ammo for resale but instead they were buying them to use, as it should be. When we got ammo deliveries I always set some aside for our good customers. I figured that they supported me by buying from me when they had other options so now it was my turn to support them. I also kept ammo in back for the guns we had for sale since it makes no sense buying a firearm if you can’t get ammo for it. By caring about my customers and looking out for them I established a relationship (and friendships) built on trust rather than money.
I lost money on a few sales because I’m a sucker. One transaction that stands out was a young man about 12 or 13 that would stop by after church every Sunday with his dad to look at rifles. The young man wanted his own hunting rifle and was mowing lawns, washing cars and doing whatever he could to earn the money. I had bought a rifle from a customer that was a perfect fit for the youngster. I kept the rifle in back until he came by and when I brought it out the young man’s eyes lit up, at that moment I knew that he should be the next owner of that rifle. It was about $100 more than he’d budgeted but I wasn’t going to let that stop him from his dream. Short story long.....he bought the rifle for the exact amount that he had saved up which was about $75 less than I paid for it. I put a set of Leupold rings and bases on it for nothing (another $40 “loss” for me) and I found a nice sling and Plano hard case for the young man to transport his treasure. I told him that if he saved for a scope that I’d sell it to him for my cost and not a penny more which he took advantage of. I mounted the scope and found a couple boxes of ammo in back that I threw in for him. He was such a polite young man with a “yes Sir”, “no Sir” response to most questions. I’m a sucker and I don’t wanna change. 😁

I didn’t know you owned a gun shop.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Razorhog

mjbgault is 100% correct. This is a true story told by a individual behind a free market deal ( complete dip ). He got all the Academy's, Cabela's, etc........mapped out and hired some retired men at $50 per 2 hr shifts. The retirees would be at the store 30 minutes before opening. When doors opened they would buy their allotment of ammo. 5-6 folks per store. Meet up with the the dirtbag, he'd give them their $50 for approximately 2 hrs worth of work, pay them for the ammo. ( plus $25 per hr ) then they can go to Mickey D's and drink coffee. The dirtbag would head to pawn shops and sell 9mm FMJ for 80 cents per round ( I did get that price from him ). Not sure what 223 or other brought. The pawn shops were making bank too. The jerk said that week before last he made $4500. Nothing illegal about it but it really pisses me off. That's one of the major reasons shelves are empty. Happening all over the country.

I'm just leaving BassPro now and the checkout lady told me basically the ssme thing, that there are guys lined up outside the store every morning for the ammo drop.

However, I did notice they had several boxes of 110 gr .270 cal .277 VMax, 6.5mm ELD-M projectiles, 6mm projectiles, and a Lee 10mm titanium 3-die set, and some other goodies that I wasn't really interested in, like .257 projectiles.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
put a bunch of empty boxes behind locked glass and tell them only the manager has the key and it is his day off

IC B2

M
mjbgalt Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
While i am bitching anyway i may as well add that trying to maintain a clean restroom for my customers is harder than it looks. We got a lot of Amish who leave our toilet looking like they shoveled mud thru a screen door.

Maybe they just gots buttholes in different places than us English, anybuddy know? Lol

Last edited by mjbgalt; 02/21/21.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
Lotta guys throwing fits and literally tossing their ID at us and a couple called their lawyer because we "infringed their second amendment rights" by asking for ID and asking them to fill out the form correctly.

Does Ohio have some sort of form for ammo or have we switched the topic to 4473's?

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
M
mjbgalt Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
topic police?

M
mjbgalt Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
No form for ammo. The story telling expanded

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by Stickfight
As a general rule Boomers have a galactic sense of entitlement.

As a general rule, dumb fugks like you have no sense whatsoever.

Be easy on him. His daddy didn't love him enough.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Whelenman
Originally Posted by worriedman

Some of us boomers were smart enough to be prepared. Having lived through enough cycles, you buy when it is available.

From what I have seen, it’s the people under 30 who feel they are entitled for everything!!

Yep. Spoiled brats

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

#Red
#Forman

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
While i am bitching anyway i may as well add that trying to maintain a clean restroom for my customers is harder than it looks. We got a lot of Amish who leave our toilet looking like they shoveled mud thru a screen door.

Maybe they just gots buttholes in different places than us English, anybuddy know? Lol

Wait I thought we were talking about Ammo shortages sheesh man stay focused.

At least the Amish don’t shoot semi autos; then you’d have aplattershot in the bathroom and big beards waiting first thing with no ID to throw at you when they buy the guns you don’t have in stock!

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
No form for ammo. The story telling expanded

I thought maybe OH had taken a step beyond IL and their FOID card, or, that your store was documenting ammo purchases to hold folks to the limit.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
M
mjbgalt Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
Oh man. I Hope that never happens. That would suck.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When I first starting working at the post office back in the mid 1980's, there was no direct deposit on Social Security or welfare checks. There was always a line at the post office of people wanting to get their check just as soon as the window opened for service. I worked as a rural carrier, and it was annoying as heck to have to quit putting up the mail, and stop and look for someone's check.........a check that they couldn't wait an hour to get.

So, after a while I wised up, and started doing things like hiding the checks, making them wait until I was through putting up all the mail, before handing anyone their's. It got so bad, that finally I just told my boss that I was not going to stop and hand anyone their check until all the mail was put up, and then I would hand them all the mail they were going to get that day. Had some mad people, and got a lot of nasty remarks directed towards me, but it did not bother me in the least.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Maybe. But it comes from being of the age that we've actually accomplished something like raising a family and putting a bunch of kids like you through college.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Problem is that most retail places are scared to death of bad reviews online and so everyone gets their ass kissed regardless of their situation.

There needs to be room to tell someone their behavior has now crossed a line and you need to leave and do not come back.

Trust me when I say that the folks at the LGS have had their fill, and bad reviews or whatever, they're at the point of not caring. Most of them will tell belligerent customers where the door is and to not let it hit them in a$$ on the way out.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Greatest generation, my Azz!

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

590 members (2500HD, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 1badf350, 1234, 10gaugeman, 66 invisible), 2,522 guests, and 1,184 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,417
Posts18,507,300
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.