Home
Scum.
Wow.

I was pretty hard on the cops in the video of the "felony stop" of a
soldier in another thread.

This poor guy was a decent type of cop, treated that POS the way
a cop should. We lost one of the good ones.
I was reading he had a few kids and one on the way.
Glad the pos is dead.
So how is a Cop not supposed to treat every traffic stop as a potentially lethal encounter?
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
So how is a Cop not supposed to treat every traffic stop as a potentially lethal encounter?

They shouldn't because not every stop is a lethal encounter. Average everyday citizens should NOT be treated like a felon, EVER, period. If cops don't like that hazard they should go to barber school or something else less threatening. It's part of the job and doesn't make it OK to treat everyone like a criminal!!!
Originally Posted by bobinpa

They shouldn't because not every stop is a lethal encounter.

Why did you leave out "potentially"?
For 8 hours pay,,,WTF.

They shouldn't because not every stop is a lethal encounter. Average everyday citizens should NOT be treated like a felon, EVER, period. If cops don't like that hazard they should go to barber school or something else less threatening. It's part of the job and doesn't make it OK to treat everyone like a criminal!!!
Originally Posted by add

They shouldn't because not every stop is a lethal encounter.

Why did you leave out "potentially"?

Because it doesn't belong in there.

Yessir.

If also no shortage of keyboard Monday morning quarterbacks to pass judgement on them, either.
I see this stuff and wonder why someone just can't happen to run over the scum at 80 mph. Too bad for the officer's family and friends.
Originally Posted by sandcritter

Yessir.

If also no shortage of keyboard Monday morning quarterbacks to pass judgement on them, either.

If there weren’t so many instances proving otherwise we wouldn’t be.
The officer has no idea how any stop will play out.
A cop should ALWAYS consider EVERY stop as a potentially lethal encounter!!!
Be courteous, but be PREPARED. Things can go south in a heartbeat.
Originally Posted by SandBilly

Yessir.

Please share some statistics with us.
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy

Yessir.

Lol. [bleep] you. You denying it? Look it up yourself, I’m not your mother.

Yessir.

As suspected. Clueless f uck.
Watched that video.

Now, who wants ta whine bout a guy bein asked ta step outta his car?
I wouldn't want a job dealing with all the schittbirds that are out there running around today. It's a wonder that the cops aren't shooting 100X as many as they do.

Yessir.

As suspected. Clueless f uck.

😂 Take it out on somebody doing 35 in a 30 tomorrow you Jack booted twit. That’s why cops make chit for money, most are as smart as you.
Dregs of society...... We need a terminal purge of these lowlife thugs....
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Watched that video.

Not the same as other incidents butt crack
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
Watched that video.

Not the same butt crack

That's one shathead.

Who's next?
Its obvious this trooper took a better approach than the local yocal wannabe troopers

Most LEO are very professional.

When a citizen fails to follow simple, and lawful, verbal instructions, things deteriorate.

Sadly, this trooper paid the ultimate price for playing word games with a dangerous felon.

They have to. But not every stop can be a felony stop either. You have to be situational aware and hope to God you survive each stop.
Most LEO’s are not professional. Some folk snap when hollered at in person’s “cop voice” as I’ve heard it proudly proclaimed by LEO’s all my life.

I do know state police are a bit better at keeping things calm.
Most LEO’s are not professional. Some folk snap when hollered at in person’s “cop voice” as I’ve heard it proudly proclaimed by LEO’s all my life.

Quit bein a child molester, and they won't yell at you so loudly.
You should know, and yo daddy, I feel for yo son and grandkids.
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I wouldn't want a job dealing with all the schittbirds that are out there running around today. It's a wonder that the cops aren't shooting 100X as many as they do.

+1 There may be some of them on this thread.
Originally Posted by CCCC

And there are many cops that shouldn’t be dealing with us [bleep] if they can’t control themselves and start each encounter off with a clean slate.

They are not soldiers, they are there to protect and serve, do the right thing !
You should know,I love to feel yo son and grandkids.
I’m not the one “feeling” them but you’re Freudian twist marks you as guilty.
Its obvious this trooper took a better approach than the local yocal wannabe troopers

And Died for doing so.
Animals need killin not a Hug.
I am not saying that the Lieutenant in the other clip needed killing.
He just should have complied and showed the officers a little more respect than he did.
A sad tragedy. I feel for the cops family. What is wrong with people these days. Many dont value human life at all. We need to sort them all out and put them on an island together.

Bb
Originally Posted by funshooter

And Died for doing so.
He just should have complied and showed the officers a little more respect than he did.

Its a chance you take starting off each encounter with a clean slate

And Died for doing so.

Yep, it's almost always the same. The motorist refuses to follow simple instructions, and instead, wants to argue and become non-compliant to simple and legal instructions from an LEO.
Last time I checked, use of force incidents were significantly less than 1% of the 40-45 million of police contacts in any given year. The cases of excessive force or misconduct were some minuscule percent of that less than 1%. Not a great believer in stats but the narrative that the cops are running around beating everyone up or mistreating people on a grand scale was started and has been perpetuated by the media. The couple videos you see every year are out of 40-45 million contacts a year. Not saying it doesn't happen or that there aren't guys who should not be on the job, but it is no where near the epidemic the media is selling. Lots of guys here bitch about the media and their kool aid, unless they happen to like the flavor.

And Died for doing so.

I couldn't disagree more! If he wasn't required by law to step out he shouldn't have. His hands were in the air. He asked repeatedly what he was stopped for and all they did was yell commands at him. Unprofessional to say the least! If they would have told him what was going on maybe he would have complied, but instead they chose to dictate was he was going to do, lawful or not....and I bet it doesn't work out well for them.
Not true at all, video footage showing more and more cops out of line.

Its why internal affairs examines footage from all sources over and over again for weeks on end because somebody’s cam will get to the truth.
Scum.
.....................Well the fat scum bag is dead!....GOOD!.............In my opinion after he asked that scum if he had a weapon, the officer upon learning that he did so should have told him to either remain in his truck with one hand on the steering wheel and with his other hand slowly bring out the weapon (assuming that AR was on the driver side floorboard) OR exit the vehicle all the while his service pistol was un holstered and at the full ready. Scumbag's movements looked as though his AR was on the driver side floorboard? When the officer told the damned scumbag to bring his weapon and meet him back by the patrol car???? WHAT!!!!.........By doing so, that opened up a much more vulnerable and a potentially dangerous life threatening situation for that officer....Turned out to a fatal situation. In my opinion that officer exhibited too much trust to this scum of the earth; now a scum in hell.
If he wasn't required by law to step out he shouldn't have.

And if he *was* required by law to step out, you'll agree you (and he) are FOS?

And Died for doing so.

I couldn't disagree more! If he wasn't required by law to step out he shouldn't have. His hands were in the air. He asked repeatedly what he was stopped for and all they did was yell commands at him. Unprofessional to say the least! If they would have told him what was going on maybe he would have complied, but instead they chose to dictate was he was going to do, lawful or not....and I bet it doesn't work out well for them.

If that army guy woulda moved his hands down to open the door and release his seatbelt and they would have shot him with his handgun right there by the door...Army guy did the right thing. It woulda taken several movements to perform the task.

Bunch of cop protective hammer heads on here

Its not a criminal’s job to hesitate nor be polite, its not a soldier’s job to hesitate nor be polite.

It is a cop’s job to hesitate and be polite even if they lose their edge or their life. Its the job and rules for the job they have chosen. To protect and serve, do the right thing, stand for something !
Originally Posted by stxhunter

What a pos. Every cruiser has a dash cam and every cop has a body cam. He would have been caught, anyway. So, he killed the cop for nothing. Scum.
Its a no good situation fer sher

I do know state police are a bit better at keeping things calm.

If that's what you hear, all your life, maybe YOU are the problem.
Gaslight somebody else hoss, I’m an upstanding citizen, decorated vet, with a clean record.

Me the problem, nope.

I grew up with LEO, served with LEO, and know way too many LEO, I know exactly how they are and when their off spring choose the job, the rotten fruit doesn’t fall far from the tree.
all i know is that officer bent over backwards to give this fecal matter scum bag the benifit of the doubt.the young officer didnt handle it correctly asking this trash to get out and meet him at the back of the truck.cost him his life.damn shame for that poor cop.i would of rather seen that pos shot and paralyzed from the neck down and live another 50 years.

Uh, No...
Wrong , maybe but FOS , no. Why? Because if that soldier would have made a move those 2 idiots would have killed him. They were out of control because he wasn't obeying their commands. Whether their commands were legal or not remains to be seen. They acted like spoiled brats that weren't getting their way and they were losing control of themselves. They were acting like dictators and just itching for a reason to make an example out of him. They should find a different career before their fear of the public gets someone killed... maybe something more their speed like maybe a greeter at Walmart.
Gaslight somebody else hoss, I’m an upstanding citizen, decorated vet, with a clean record.

Me the problem, nope.

I grew up with LEO, served with LEO, and know way too many LEO, I know exactly how they are and when their off spring choose the job, the rotten fruit doesn’t fall far from the tree.

No need to explain yourself. You're not new here, and your posts paint a clear picture.
Good nuff
If one can’t admit there are plenty of bad, ego tripping, arrogant cops out there, I don’t know what to tell you. Plenty of good ones too, but it’s getting few and far as time goes on.

Uh, No...
Wrong , maybe but FOS , no. Why? Because if that soldier would have made a move those 2 idiots would have killed him. They were out of control because he wasn't obeying their commands. Whether their commands were legal or not remains to be seen. They acted like spoiled brats that weren't getting their way and they were losing control of themselves. They were acting like dictators and just itching for a reason to make an example out of him. They should find a different career before their fear of the public gets someone killed... maybe something more their speed like maybe a greeter at Walmart.

Well, you're wrong. Ain't no doubt about that, and that's why the @sshole in the car ain't gonna get the payday he is after.

And, you're FOS when you project the actions of the @sshole in the car onto the cops.

The cops weren't out of control, the @sshole in the car was. The more the @sshole in the car wouldn't do what he was required to, by law, the more he was subjected to escalating force, until he complied with the law.

And in the video, only that amount of force necessary to ensure compliance, was used.

It's as simple as that.
Bullcrap, the city lawyers will fold up like my huntin chair
Gawddamn.
Seems nobody understands yet I make the bulk of my retirement money off an advertising percentage from page hits across about sixty forums.

Lets run it to 60 pages...Cha Ching $$$$$
Bullcrap, the city lawyers will fold up like my huntin chair

Not everyone is as big a douchebag, as you.

Not from lack of effort, but the scale of douchebaggery is just overwhalming.
No doubt
Jesus. That was hard to watch. God speed to the gentleman.
Sad for the officer that was shot and agree he was a bit too trusting.

On the soldier stop. One officer should be in control, do the communicating, and realize when he is issuing conflicting orders. Put your hands out the window and open ones door can not be done simultaneously.

In my 70+ years to date, I've found that yes sir and no sir always worked quite well and I've never had a LEO draw down on me.
RIP to the Trooper.
Its not a criminal’s job to hesitate nor be polite, its not a soldier’s job to hesitate nor be polite.

It is a cop’s job to hesitate and be polite even if they lose their edge or their life. Its the job and rules for the job they have chosen. To protect and serve, do the right thing, stand for something !

I think this is the answer to much of the troubles.

Cops used to be th e guys who kept us safe.
The guys who would risk it all to protect the
innocent. Try hard as hell to avoid the death of anyone.

Now, they protect themselves first.
SCOTUS has ruled they don't have to protect us.
Add tgat into an equation that is designed around not
hiring traditional strong men, and you introduce a lot of
passive aggressive, weak, people operating on fear.
And a pussy who now has an inflated ego, and a little power.

Anyone see how that plays when someone doesn't instantly fold
and comply.
Remember the guy they made crawl on the motel floor?
They actually threatened to shoot him. Repeatedly.
Then kept screaming orders, more and more.
He finally made a move they didn't like, and they murdered him.

He would have been better off not complying.
Simply laying there with his hands on the back of his head.
Different issue.

We will see part of this video a lot.
Libs will get off on the weapon.
Originally Posted by 1minute

In my 70+ years to date, I've found that yes sir and no sir always worked quite well and I've never had a LEO draw down on me.

I turn off the vehicle, turn on the inside light, both hands in plain sight on the wheel before the Cop even gets out of the cruiser.

Back in my motorcycle period a couple of times I was already pulling over while the Cop was still turning around, having watched for his brake lights in my mirror 🙂

Common sense and simple courtesy, the less apprehensive the Cop is, the better things are likely to go. Every time I was guilty of some traffic infraction, most often speeding, got let off with a warning more’n a few times.

Uh, No...

Well, you're wrong. Ain't no doubt about that, and that's why the @sshole in the car ain't gonna get the payday he is after.

And, you're FOS when you project the actions of the @sshole in the car onto the cops.

The cops weren't out of control, the @sshole in the car was. The more the @sshole in the car wouldn't do what he was required to, by law, the more he was subjected to escalating force, until he complied with the law.

And in the video, only that amount of force necessary to ensure compliance, was used.

It's as simple as that.

Really??? What makes me FOS ? Your opinion or can state some fact on the matter? The guy in the car was as calm as can be. Hands out the window and calmly asking what he was stopped for. The cops just had to make him comply so they could feel like men. It's painfully obvious that you like to comply to people in authority whether they are right or wrong.
RIP Trooper Jarrott! I'm glad the shooter was killed, my only wish is it was buckshot from real close up.
An officer gets killed in the line of duty, folks on here watch the video of said killing and the only thing they can think of to do is argue.

Sad.

I had that thought as well.
Glad the guy is dead. He was a crazy, and nothing good was going. to come from his continued breathing. Feel sorry for the young cop who died.

Two things. Cop was too nice once he made contact. And made the fatal mistake of allowing the nutcase put of his sight. Hell, my alarm bells were going off not too far into the video, although I expected the shooting, I was surprised it took as long as it did.

Also, initial reason for the stop was window tint too dark. If the stop was not made for piddly reasons, the entire situation would have been avoided. Not excusing the shooter in any way, just saying that cop would have gone home that night if he didn’t stop that man for too dark window tint.
To any and all law enforcement officers reading this post:

1) Thank you very sincerely for the dangerous job that you do daily. Thank you for dealing with the lesser class of people so we do not have to.

2) MANY of us watch you as you go about your work... AND WE HAVE YOUR BACK... if we suddenly observe bad stuff going down.

Keep the Faith.
I feel for any cop on a traffic stop. A cop doesn't stand a chance if you want to kill them, or anyone else for that matter. It's tragic to see a officer get killed because he was to nice.
Coincidentally, that's the exact type of firearm Biden is targeting right now.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Coincidentally, that's the exact type of firearm Biden is targeting right now.

It's not the firearm that killed the policeman.....it's the shooter.....the result of many years of liberalism where very few of the population has any trust in government any more. Further the total disregard for anyone with authority.
Originally Posted by OldGrayWolf
Glad the guy is dead. He was a crazy, and nothing good was going. to come from his continued breathing. Feel sorry for the young cop who died.

Two things. Cop was too nice once he made contact. And made the fatal mistake of allowing the nutcase put of his sight. Hell, my alarm bells were going off not too far into the video, although I expected the shooting, I was surprised it took as long as it did.

Also, initial reason for the stop was window tint too dark. If the stop was not made for piddly reasons, the entire situation would have been avoided. Not excusing the shooter in any way, just saying that cop would have gone home that night if he didn’t stop that man for too dark window tint.

The officer made many mistakes that cost him his life. He never should have addressed from the passenger side. This provided cover for the perp to draw and fire.
The officer that rammed the shooters pickup,

Put yourself in his place, Holy Hell...

shooter runs up immediately, it's go time, shooter 5 feet away,

officer bails and retreats to the rear for cover,

Do or die time.

Thank God it went his way.
I can't make myself watch the video.
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Wow.

I was pretty hard on the cops in the video of the "felony stop" of a
soldier in another thread.

This poor guy was a decent type of cop, treated that POS the way
a cop should. We lost one of the good ones.

Watch dozens of those videos and go make your first ten vehicle stops at night in a bad area.

Then get back to us.
Originally Posted by MM879

The officer made many mistakes that cost him his life. He never should have addressed from the passenger side. This provided cover for the perp to draw and fire.

Looked to me like the guy stopped the truck 2-3 feet from the white line, maybe on purpose.

I wonder what kind of warrants or other trouble the sh*tbird was in that he thought he had to kill a cop.
Awful. My leo friends all have nasty stories to tell.

So, how do you know ??? What are the visual clues ??? You don't know who is behind the wheel or setting in every back seat. Until you have done it please keep to your self. I did it for 32 years. How long have you done it ???

kwg
Brings back horrible memories for me.

Family friend became a state trooper. He & his partner s Jimmie Linegar ( RIP ) pulled over a van for busted tail light, guy hops out w semi automatic pistol of some type & cut down both of them. Trooper Allen Hines though wounded himself saw the light fade from his partners life as he tried to resuscitate him.

I’ve long been convinced roe should be changed that officers should approach traffic stops w sidearm drawn until it can be established that no threat is posed for them

Like many of my ideas it finds little public support. May God keep & protect the fallen officers loved ones.

Anyone know if there’s a gofund me for his family ?
I have to agree about approaching a vehicle with sidearm drawn. Something has to be done to protect officer's lives. We just had an incident happen in Mexia Tx. where a Trouper arrived to answer a call for a stranded motorist and before he could even get out of the cruiser the jackass got out and shot him multiple times. This must have been a setup, This crap has to stop. Now there's another family left to grieve for the rest of their lives over the needless slaughter of a love one just doing his duty. How's liberalism working out so far?
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
I’ve long been convinced roe should be changed that officers should approach traffic stops w sidearm drawn until it can be established that no threat is posed for them
Your 16 year old daughter is at the wheel of a car and is pulled over by police because of a busted tail light...or some other extremely minor infraction...and she is approached by police with sidearms drawn.
And you’d be OK with that...?
And she’s so scared to death that she doesn’t follow their every command exactly as they command her to, or exactly when they command her to, or she makes one minor move under these circumstances that she wasn’t commanded to...and she ends up gettin’ lit up by them with a taser or bullets.
Would you be OK with that...?
Originally Posted by stxhunter

yet the left want to disarm America, just to help out criminals...

clowns like this fat ass, just need to be assassinated by anyone in the public with an AR on the spot...

this nation is a war zone, like the Middle East anymore...

nothing for this officer, while meanwhile in Brooklyn Center MN, they are rioting and looting once again, because another one of the Hoodsters,
got wacked, so now his family has won the ghetto lottery, And BLM and Antifa are out in the streets with a new reason to justify what they do best, destroying our nation one event at a time.

we need open seasons on crime and criminals...
Brings back horrible memories for me.

Family friend became a state trooper. He & his partner s Jimmie Linegar ( RIP ) pulled over a van for busted tail light, guy hops out w semi automatic pistol of some type & cut down both of them. Trooper Allen Hines though wounded himself saw the light fade from his partners life as he tried to resuscitate him.

Like many of my ideas it finds little public support. May God keep & protect the fallen officers loved ones.

Anyone know if there’s a gofund me for his family ?

Amen, and may your friends rest in peace..
Originally Posted by antlers
Your 16 year old daughter is at the wheel of a car and is pulled over by police because of a busted tail light...or some other extremely minor infraction...and she is approached by police with sidearms drawn. And you’d be OK with that...? And she’s so scared to death that she doesn’t follow their every command exactly as they command her to, or exactly when they command her to, or she makes one minor move under these circumstances that she wasn’t commanded to...and she ends up gettin’ lit up by them with a taser or bullets. Would you be OK with that...?
I'm not OK with almost every aspect of these situations, ranging from the prevalent rotten murderous perps all the way over to the LEOs who do not follow proper procedure or apply common decency and sense. How could any rational citizen be OK with what has developed all around this country?

Here, you are free to conjure and describe a very specific hypothetical case and potentially bad outcome. There could be many, many variants of such incidents. So, that exercise leads to zero solutions. There is big risk here. Now, direct to the issue - if it would improve the odds for better outcomes, especially with regard to the risks taken by LEOs, I would trust most LEOs to approach with drawn firearm and behave justly far more than I would trust most potential perps. If trust is required, whom do you trust?
I’m not OK with everyday citizens being treated like violent criminals until proven otherwise, period.
Jobs that are more dangerous than being a cop.

10. First-line supervisors of landscaping, lawn service, and groundskeeping workers
9. First-line supervisors of construction trades and extraction workers
8. Structural Iron and Steel workers
7. Farmers, ranchers, and other agricultural workers
6. Driver/sales workers and truck drivers
5. Refuse and recyclable materials collectors
4. Roofers
3. Aircraft pilots and flight engineers
2. Fishers and related fishing workers
1. Logging workers
I’m not OK with everyday citizens being treated like violent criminals until proven otherwise, period.
Agreed in concept, but the guy pointing a loaded firearm at a LEOs head is not a proven violent criminal until he shoots the LEO, right? The answers are not found in the use of angry assumptions.
Originally Posted by MadTrapper375
10. First-line supervisors of landscaping, lawn service, and groundskeeping workers
4. Roofers
1. Logging workers
I trust that your data is accurate.and have done some of those jobs. None of them have to do primarily, or at all, with enforcing laws and protecting me and my community by dealing with criminals.
Your 16 year old daughter is at the wheel of a car and is pulled over by police because of a busted tail light...or some other extremely minor infraction...and she is approached by police with sidearms drawn. And you’d be OK with that...? And she’s so scared to death that she doesn’t follow their every command exactly as they command her to, or exactly when they command her to, or she makes one minor move under these circumstances that she wasn’t commanded to...and she ends up gettin’ lit up by them with a taser or bullets. Would you be OK with that...?
I'm not OK with almost every aspect of these situations, ranging from the prevalent rotten murderous perps all the way over to the LEOsa who do not follow proper procedure or apply common decency and sense. How could any rational citizen be OK with what has developed all around this country?

Here, you are free to conjure and describe a very specific hypothetical case and potentially bad outcome. There could be many, many variants of such incidents. So, that exercise leads to zero solutions. There is big risk here. Now, direct to the issue - if it would improve the odds for better outcomes, especially with regard to the risks taken by LEOs, I would trust most LEOs to approach with drawn firearm and behave justly far more than I would trust most potential perps. If trust is required, whom do you trust?

The unmentioned insanity of this evolution is, everyday law abiding citizens have been dumped in the center of the chasm, without choice or clear path to extract themselves from the madness on both sides.
Originally Posted by local_dirt
The unmentioned insanity of this evolution is, everyday law abiding citizens have been dumped in the center of the chasm, without choice or clear path to extract themselves from the madness on both sides.
That’s a good point sir. But the default position of treating everyday citizens as violent criminals until proven otherwise is inherently wrong in my opinion. We are supposed to be presumed innocent until proven guilty in this country. Someone pointing a gun at the head of a police officer who pulled them over has clearly given up that presumption of innocence. If routine traffic stops are so dangerous, then maybe they should simply stop doing them, especially for extremely minor infractions. Is a window tint that is too dark worth the life of a police officer...? Is the revenue generated for the government for such an extremely minor infraction worth the life of a police officer...? What about the lives of innocent everyday citizens...if they end up getting killed on the side of the road by the police because they were scared to death and as a result didn’t follow their every command exactly as they commanded em’ to, or exactly when they commanded em’ to, or they made one minor move under these circumstances that they weren’t commanded to...is it worth a busted tail light...? Is the revenue generated for the government for such an extremely minor infraction worth the life of an innocent everyday citizen...?

4. Roofers
1. Logging workers

And in which of those professions are you duty-bound to confront violent felons who are itching to shoot you in the face?
Originally Posted by jdunham
Last time I checked, use of force incidents were significantly less than 1%

Right up there with COVID.........

And there are many cops that shouldn’t be dealing with us [bleep] if they can’t control themselves and start each encounter off with a clean slate.

They are not soldiers, they are there to protect and serve, do the right thing !

you sure got that wrong. when i went through certification, it was stressed there were not enough police to quote" serve and protect"
every individual, primery function was to keep order on the streets and in the population.
which these days they are getting throttled on.
traffice stops are one of the most dangerous things a cop can do, next to domestic dispute calls.
you never know what that turd is gonna pull on you make a split second decision that can be argued about on here .
you are also wrong on police being poorly educated. I have known a number that held advanced degrees.
there are too many stories to tell, particularly to those who can't understand the job.
but a couple, friend of mine pulled a routine traffic stop, the driver dumped about 15 rounds through his windshield.
or another friend, stops a guy on a a.t.c. for throwing up dust, the computers are down so he had to kick the guy loose.
20minutes later computer is up, the guy was wanted for first degree murder.
If one would take the time to read the comments at the end of the video that is on you tube, you would see comments that this was not a routine traffic stop about tinted windows. Plenty of discussion about homeland security being involved, about the shooter being a known member of the drug cartel, about Officer Jarrott working with HS, and being set up by them. Speculation abounds that the shooter was under HS observation and Officer Jarrott was to apprehend him without the shooter alerting other cartel members (which is why he asked the shooter to accompany him back to his cruiser).

Do not know if it is true or not.

As is often the case, there is more to the story than we know and are being told.
Agreed in concept, but the guy pointing a loaded firearm at a LEOs head is not a proven violent criminal until he shoots the LEO, right? The answers are not found in the use of angry assumptions.

Pointing a firearm at anyone, including LEO, is a criminal offence. You need not shoot to be committing an offence.
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine

4. Roofers
1. Logging workers

And in which of those professions are you duty-bound to confront violent felons who are itching to shoot you in the face?

Violent felons beat and killed people in those professions all last summer while "duty-bound" cops watched and did nothing. Maybe you need cops to keep you safe, I do not.

4. Roofers
1. Logging workers

Violent felons beat and killed people in those professions all last summer while "duty-bound" cops watched and did nothing. Maybe you need cops to keep you safe, I do not.

So in other words....none.
Admittedly a small screen but my first impression was the gun was an Uzi.
The screen shot someone else added adds some uncertainty...

He wielded it pretty effectively one handed, but he was a big guy.

The fact that he was climbing out of the car while still in a sideways skid make me think he probably was a drug runner used to situations like this...

Did he shoot the officer who was on the ground behind the ramming pursuit car too?

4. Roofers
1. Logging workers

At one time or another, all.
Originally Posted by AB2506

Pointing a firearm at anyone, including LEO, is a criminal offence. You need not shoot to be committing an offence.
Understood about the offense for pointing a loaded firearm in most jurisdictions - but that post was not talking about a potential " offense" - it was talking about a "violent criminal".

4. Roofers
1. Logging workers

4. Roofers. The number of felons in that trade is probably higher that the population a police officer would meet.

4. Roofers
1. Logging workers

4. Roofers. The number of felons in that trade is probably higher that the population a police officer would meet.

Around Omaha, the roofing crews are predominantly undocumented aliens. Maybe not all felons, but all criminals for coming across the border without proper documentation.

4. Roofers
1. Logging workers

No, the correct answer is 'none'. None of them are duty-bound to confront violent felons.

4. Roofers
1. Logging workers

No, the correct answer is 'none'. None of them are duty-bound to confront violent felons.

No one forces them to be a cop either. "duty-bound" would have saved a lot of people this summer. The numbers do not lie. Google it yourself.

4. Roofers
1. Logging workers

They ain’t duty bound to act like A$$holes...either
Originally Posted by OldGrayWolf

IIRC, the officer was working drug interdiction. When the cops are keeping an eye out for drug-runners (which the perp was known to do) any excuse will be used to make contact.
The young officer was a bit too casual, IMHO.
Sadly he left a wife, 3 young kids, and another on the way.
Originally Posted by deputy30
If one would take the time to read the comments at the end of the video that is on you tube, you would see comments that this was not a routine traffic stop about tinted windows. Plenty of discussion about homeland security being involved, about the shooter being a known member of the drug cartel, about Officer Jarrott working with HS, and being set up by them. Speculation abounds that the shooter was under HS observation and Officer Jarrott was to apprehend him without the shooter alerting other cartel members (which is why he asked the shooter to accompany him back to his cruiser).

As is often the case, there is more to the story than we know and are being told.

I was wondering if something else was going on...at the end of the video the two guys that run up and find the officer sure looked liked some type of agents, whether DHS, CPB, DEA...

4. Roofers
1. Logging workers

That is true. I have done a lot of construction work and roofers are regarded as the trash of the job site.
There are plenty of honest hard working roofers who have never committed a crime. And God knows, it is nothing but hard work. But it does attract the felons.
Originally Posted by simonkenton7

4. Roofers
1. Logging workers

That is true. I have done a lot of construction work and roofers are regarded as the trash of the job site.
There are plenty of honest hard working roofers who have never committed a crime. And God knows, it is nothing but hard work. But it does attract the felons.

I need to be more specific. Comercial rubber Roofers. There are many good shingle hacks.
Originally Posted by adam32
Originally Posted by deputy30

I was wondering if something else was going on...at the end of the video the two guys that run up and find the officer sure looked liked some type of agents, whether DHS, CPB, DEA...

I saw that too, and they were there pretty quick all things considered. piqued my interest in how that could be a coincidence.

4. Roofers
1. Logging workers
Dead is dead. And unlike several of those listed professions, Law enforcement allows for a pretty cushy young retirement and plenty of benefits while working. I know. I've been paid 100% of my pay for 11 years now. Go commercial fishing on the Gulf of Mexico, or oil field rough necking, or haul logs, or even drive an 18 wheeler. You will see.

Have you ever considered that you are a seriously stupid [bleep]? If not, you should start.

4. Roofers
1. Logging workers

Define danger as it is used in this context.
Interesting that none of the members made an issue over race.
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Have you ever considered that you are a seriously stupid [bleep]? If not, you should start.

Go grind in your bicycle seat in your newest spandex , he’s right.
antlers imo we entrust cops w the authority of a badge & the lethality of a firearm(s)

I believe in training. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Not just the initial training but continuous training of LEO

But even in a world where I see cops receiving the training I envision, I just can’t fathom it to include enough to allow officers to be quick draw McGraw.

Almost all squad cars are equipped w speaker, bullhorn type comms.

To my way of thinking it would be easier to train officers to give verbal commands, from their car than to teach them to be proficient at fast draw once a weapon has been brandished towards them.

Whether those instructions be for all occupants be ordered to exit the car & place hands atop vehicle or to put on interior lights & keep hands visible is better left to those w more working knowledge than I possess currently.

My 16 year old kid ? I’d like to think I’ve raised them well enough to avoid such a lethal ending, but perhaps not, perhaps it truly is by the grace of God nothing has happened to my 3 kids.

As a 63 year old I’m under no illusion that all cops are good cops. But I believe dashcams & body cams are a pretty good way to weed the bad ones out. I’m also under no illusions that we’ve lost some good cops because we’ve asked them to enter situations where their weapon is holstered & the bad guy has his out ready to go.

To my way of thinking we’re asking too much of them I may be wrong, I have been often enough at least it no longer shocks me like it once did.
I wish the policeman in this video could have pulled over the soldier and the two in that video could have pulled this guy over.
Sad to see this but as much as hate to see it. it does happen. May a few comments may bring a little understanding to this thread for those who care to understand.Of course that haters will feed on this so a few known rules:
1. Reaction is always slower then action. With a holster weapon you are playing from behind before you even start to play
2. If someone wants to kills an LE, they likely will succeed.
3. Bad people are just bad. A normal (whatever that is in this world) good person can be conditionally bad depending on the situation.
4. We seek compliance to do our business,and frequently obtain it. Have a nice day.
5. Under reaction can and will get you killed. Game over!
6. We assume all people are armed. young and old.
7. Make a mistake, you die.
8. Make a mistake, you are fired. Can be without cause.
9. Make a mistake, you are tried convicted, jailed, lose your pension.
10. Make a mistake, your sued civilly and have a judgement placed against you, garnishment of income, loss of assets.
11. Make a mistake, never work in the profession again.
12. LE's average 10 years of life after retirement. If you get to retire, then Game over!
Now, who wants to be an L.E. now??
Haters , please do not call us, please handle you problems as you see fit. I ask this since we can never seem to do anything right in your view. anyway. Thank you in advance! blue
Originally Posted by cs2blue
Sad to see this but as much as hate to see it. it does happen. May a few comments may bring a little understanding to this thread for those who care to understand.Of course that haters will feed on this so a few known rules:
1. Reaction is always slower then action. With a holster weapon you are playing from behind before you even start to play
2. If someone wants to kills an LE, they likely will succeed.
3. Bad people are just bad. A normal (whatever that is in this world) good person can be conditionally bad depending on the situation.
4. We seek compliance to do our business,and frequently obtain it. Have a nice day.
5. Under reaction can and will get you killed. Game over!
6. We assume all people are armed. young and old.
7. Make a mistake, you die.
8. Make a mistake, you are fired. Can be without cause.
9. Make a mistake, you are tried convicted, jailed, lose your pension.
10. Make a mistake, your sued civilly and have a judgement placed against you, garnishment of income, loss of assets.
11. Make a mistake, never work in the profession again.
12. LE's average 10 years of life after retirement. If you get to retire, then Game over!
Now, who wants to be an L.E. now??
Haters , please do not call us, please handle you problems as you see fit. I ask this since we can never seem to do anything right in your view. anyway. Thank you in advance! blue

Was this copied and pasted from a union newsletter?
© 24hourcampfire